Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Justin was in pain, his balls were aching.  Why did Versace (he loved that name), have to be so darn mysterious and sexy.  Now he'd have to settle for another less than satisfying hand job to relieve his full fledged erection. 

As Justin cleaned up after wanking off, he had a frightening thought about the man on the other end of the phone.  Although he imagined him to be hot as hell, what if he was 300 pounds with a big nose and crooked teeth?  He'd seen horror stories on talk shows before, of people who finally met that person on the other end of the phone or computer, only to be hugely disappointed and shocked. 

Justin truly wanted to meet Versace in person.   However, another part of him didn't want to spoil the image of the perfect man he had conjured up, to fit with that beautiful voice.  Versace was kind, funny and sensual.  Justin liked to think of him as a sort of hero, because he always seemed to be rescuing one of his friends.  However, from the way they treated him, it didn't sound like they appreciated him at all.  Justin made a decision, that even if Versace looked like the hunchback of Notre Dame, he would give him a chance. After all, looks weren't everything. 

 

The next day at Vangard...

Rick had successfully baited Brian into admitting out loud that he hadn't scored with Justin, that kid who worked at the diner.  Rick was deriving pleasure from needling his friend, that at least there was someone that had found him more attractive than Brian. 

"Then why don't you ask him out?"  Brian retorted.

"I already did."

"Next you'll be getting married and live happily ever after," Brian sniped in a sing song voice. 

"Well if I'm going to get married, it's not going to be with Justin.  Seems he's afflicted with the same disease you have," Rick declared.

"And what might that be?" Brian asked, arching an eyebrow.

"He's commitment phobic.  Doesn't want anything serious.  I did hear though, that he recently broke up with his boyfriend.  That's probably why he feels that way right now," Rick reasoned.

 

Brian had Rick's words in mind that evening when he walked into the diner after work.   His eyes immediately zeroed in on the mop of blond hair behind the counter.  He paused before sitting down on one of the stools.  Brian could tell that the young man, Justin, wasn't too pleased to be waiting on him. 

"What are the specials?" Brian inquired nonchalantly.

"Tonight's special is fettuccine Alfredo," Justin announced blandly.

"I don't do carbs after 7:00," Brian informed him, "and it's almost 7:30."

Brian expected the kid to come back with some snippy remark, but instead, Justin seemed to be deep in thought.  

Justin scrunched his face in consternation.  He distinctly remembered hearing those exact same words before, "I don't do carbs after 7:00".  'It suddenly dawned on him, the timbre of Brian's voice, it's the same as...  No way, it couldn't be, could it?'

Brian saw a puzzled expression come over Justin's face.  The blond hadn't acknowledged Brian's order of split pea soup, so he spoke up again.

"I'll take a bowl of split pea soup to go."

Justin remained preoccupied by his thoughts, staring into space.

"Is this a particularly...hard...order?" Brian sarcastically quipped, purposely enunciating the last three words.

Those words finally succeeded in shaking Justin from his trance. 

"If you're finished daydreaming, can I have a bowl of split pea to go?"

"Uh...sure."  Justin forced himself to move to get the soup. 

Brian took the bag from Justin, and handed him a twenty.  "Keep the change," he decreed with a troublesome frown, before he made a hasty exit out the door. 

Justin managed to mutter, "I'm taking a break".  Then with his brain still in a fog, shuffled through the back door into the alleyway.  He leaned against the wall, with his back to it, his hands on his slightly bent knees.  He tilted his head up, trying to regulate his hyperventilated breathing.  His mind was having trouble accepting what his heart already sensed was true.  However, there was no refuting based on the most recent evidence, that Brian Kinney and his mystery man, Versace, were actually one in the same. 

"Shit!" 

Justin was still feeling light headed when he asked if he could leave work a little early.  Since business was slow tonight at the diner, he was told they could manage without him.

Walking home to his apartment, Justin shook his head in disbelief.  It was all so incredibly ironic.  Brian, the man who grated on his nerves, was the man he found it so easy to confide in?   It was Brian who shared tales of his dysfunctional family, and his miserable childhood.   Brian was the one who had a little boy that he adored.  Damn, he didn't even know Brian had a little boy.  This was all too much to absorb.   

Justin collapsed on his worn, rickety sofa, after stealing a beer from the fridge.  He held the cool bottle up to his forehead for a minute, before bringing the spout to his lips.  Justin relished the feel of the cool amber liquid sliding down his throat.  'What was he going to do now that he knew the truth?' 

His thoughts drifted back to last night, before he knew Versace's identity.  He had been intrigued by the prospect of having something more than a phone relationship with the man.  Although Justin never would have envisioned that it was the self proclaimed stud of Liberty Avenue on the other end of the phone, it was somehow a relief.  At least now he knew that his mystery man was not only hot, but on fire.  Justin admitted to himself, that even through his disdain for Brian, he had always felt this underlying powerful attraction. 

Justin realized that the older man was still oblivious to their connection.  However, it was just a matter of time before he discovered the truth.  Once Justin got over his shock, he began to feel a wave of excitement. He would continue with the masquerade, and let Brian figure it out on his own.  Until then, he wanted to play along with the man, and see where their relationship went.  At the moment, Justin definitely had a clear advantage in knowing Versace's identity, and he fully intended to use it.

 

It was five minutes to midnight.  Brian relaxed on his bed, comfortable in only his birthday suit.  He smiled as he thought of Picasso, and his groin burned with anticipation.  For tonight would be the night he would take their acquaintance to another level. 

Brian confidently picked up the phone, and dialed the number he had ingrained into his memory.  'This is going to be an interesting night,' he predicted.