Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Brian woke up to the feel of sunshine warming his face.  His arm was draped leisurely over Justin's sleeping form.  Opening his bleary eyes to unfamiliar surroundings, he had forgotten that he wasn't at the loft.  Brian started to move, but when the blond clutched his arm and tugged him closer, he laid back down.

"Where do you think you're going, Mr. Kinney?" 

Justin shifted his body to face Brian.  "You can't escape that easily," he warned.

"Picasso, I'm not sure how you convinced me to come to this atrocious dwelling, but I'm in dire need of a shower.  Seems like you've dowsed me with your cum."  Looking down at his body, Brian frowned.  Then he scanned the sparse room and added apprehensively, "You do have a shower, don't you?"

Justin laughed.  "I'm not living in the stone age.  My apartment isn't that bad.  And I'd like you to know that there's a working shower too."

"Then point me in the right direction,"  Brian said, feeling relieved. 

"Sure, just go out the door, and down the hall to the left."

"Huh?"  the older man questioned.

"It's a communal shower, I share it with the other tenants on my floor."

"Of course you do," Brian said as he grimaced.  "Next time you're coming to my place.  At least it's got running water, and a comfortable bed."

Ignoring Brian's complaints, the only words Justin registered were "next time".  He inwardly smiled at this small victory.

 

That Monday at Kinnetik...

Rick was perplexed by Brian's uncharacteristically relaxed, cheerful demeanor.  He knew his friend wasn't a morning person and was beginning to have his suspicions.

"Hey Brian.  Have a good weekend buddy?" 

"Fan-fucking-tastic!" Brian exclaimed.  "How about you?" 

Rick crinkled his nose and looking confounded asked, "What have you done with my friend?"

"Hmph...why do you say that?"

"Maybe it's because of that shit eating grin you've had plastered on your face.  You're never this pleasant in the morning.  What the fuck is going on Kinney?"

Brian shrugged his shoulders, and beamed some more as he walked away.  He knew exactly why he was in such a good mood, but he didn't want Rick to know that it was because of Justin.  He would never hear the end of it.

 

Three weeks later...

The two men had been at it all through the night.  Having climaxed four times each, they were finally tuckered out from their fucking session.  His ass burning, Justin collapsed into Brian's soothing embrace, completely starry eyed and satiated.  

Laying there with the blond snuggling into him, Brian was honestly surprised that he was still intrigued with Justin.  They had been mating like rabbits for weeks.  Instead of becoming bored with the kid, he had actually become more enchanted with him. 

"Come on, rise and shine," he prodded Justin.  He remembered that the kid was working the early shift at the diner. 

"Want a lift?" 

Justin nodded his head in appreciation of Brian's offer.

Brian grinned as he grabbed Justin's wrists, easily lifting him off the bed.

"Can't we just stay here?" the weary young man lamented.

"Tempting proposition, but we both need to make money so we can enjoy the finer things in life."

"Correction, you need it to support your lavish lifestyle, I need it to survive."

"Get going drama princess," Brian cajoled.

Justin playfully stuck out his tongue, and Brian swatted his bubble butt in retaliation, as they scurried towards the bathroom.

 

Michael noticed Brian and Justin entering the diner together.  He didn't really think anything of it, until he caught the strange looks that were being exchanged between the two.  This was not the first time he had accidentally happened upon them ogling each other.

Debbie had asked Justin if he wouldn't mind serving today, since Kiki was out sick.  Of course he agreed, especially since one of his tables would be the one Brian and his friends were sitting at. 

"Hey guys,"  Justin said.  "What'll it be?"

As the young man took their orders, Michael was growing increasingly curious over the way Brian was looking at the kid.

Between eating their breakfast, the friends were making plans to meet at Babylon tonight, when Brian interrupted their chatter.

"I won't be there," he announced. 

"What do you mean?" Michael asked.  "This will be the third Friday you've blown us off."

"Really Mikey?  I hadn't been counting."

"Yeah Bri, you do seem preoccupied lately," Ted chimed in.

"I've got something better to do,"  Brian flatly stated, not feeling the need to inform his friends of his plans for the evening.

"Maybe he's got a secret boyfriend," Emmett teased.

Brian put his tongue against his cheek, and retorted, "Maybe I do."

"Yeah right.  Brian Kinney in a relationship?"  Ted smirked.

They all laughed at that remark but Brian was beginning to get pissed.  He noticed Justin busing the table near them, and stood up to address him.

"See you tonight, the usual time?"

Justin gave him a megawatt smile.  "You bet."

While his friends' jaws dropped in shock, Brian said, "Bye boys," and left.

He was walking to his car, when Michael ran after him, calling his name.

"Wait a minute, Brian." 

He faced his childhood friend. 

"Mikey."

"You were just kidding right?"

"About what?"

"You're not really seeing that twink that works in the diner, are you?"

"Not that it's any of your business, but yes."

"But...but I thought you despised each other?"

"Obviously we've changed our minds.  Now that you've satisfied your curiosity, I've got to get to work before Vance has my hide.  Later."

Michael just stood in the same spot with his mouth open, feeling like he was in an episode of the Twilight Zone.  Brian did not just say that he was dating that kid.  This had to be some kind of joke, he thought.  He was going to head back to the diner right now, and confront that busboy.  What was his name?  Oh yeah, Justin.

 

Brian hadn't intended on outing his and Justin's relationship, but it just slipped out.  He was angry at his friends, and their inability to see him as anything more than the slut of Liberty Avenue.   He was especially sick of Mikey's jealousy.  Didn't he get it by now?  He was never going to fuck him.  Why couldn't Mikey accept that, and move on with his life? 

Thank goodness for Justin.  He was the only one who didn't treat him like he was a major fuck up.  And Justin didn't idolize him, or follow him around like a love sick puppy.  Brian came to the startling realization that during the past couple of months, the kid had learned more about him, and now knew him even better than any of his so called friends.  Brian marveled at the way the blond had managed to worm his way into his heart.  Fact was, he hadn't even been sure that he had one, until Justin came along.