Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian gets comfort from someone he hadn't needed in awhile, and someone he never expected.

Claire sat quietly in the cafetera trying to wrap her head around the last ew days.   Michael Novotny had come out of his coma.   You would think that would make her brother happy,but it was what happened after that her nervous.   That was why she was sitting here waiting on her lunchdate.

"I hope you have ideas, because I'm about to pull my hair out." Justin told Claire as he took aseat.

"I was with him an hour this morning, he did not say a word.   He got reassigned to a new therapist, and when she came down he refused to see her.   What happened Justin?"

"Debbie is what happened.   Her mouth and she puts Brian down.   I know she loves him, but this time she hurt him while he was already in a fragile state.   She hurt him Claire,and she knows it.

 

Debbie Novotny sat in the back of the church trying not to cry.   She had so many things about Brian before thinking.   He had to know what he meant to her.   She loved that boy like he was her own and now.....she tried not to think about it.  He was going through something horrible, and he wouldn't let her be there for him.  She had really put her foot in it this time.

Joan Kinney walked in her church on a mission.   She hadn't known what got into her daughter a few nights ago, but she was in need for some prayer.   Sadly her daughter had gotten her looks from her father and also his attitude.   She had aggod husband in Jeremy but som things that he di she acted as if she could not turn the other way.   A good wife turned the other way and took care of their children.  So that was her mission today.  She was going to pray that Claire found happiness with the love of a good man.   She didn't approve of Brian's lifestyle but she had heard even he had a good man.   She cringed at the thought of the last time she had seen her son.   She cleared her mind of those thoughts, but then she saw someone.

"Hello Debbie." She said as she approached her.

"Joan." Was her one word reply.   Here was the woman that at this very moment she wished to be.   The question was would she care?

"I heard about Victor.   He and Father Butterfield were friends.   He was devasted when he passed.   I wanted to come by, but considering our pasts I did not knowif I were welcomed." Joan explained.

"You are always welcomed in my home.."   Debbie explained as she got up to leave.  She was halfway to the door but thoght better of it.   "Joan when was the last time you saw Brian?" She asked calmly.

"It had to be a few weeks ago.   I dropped off a cake for him, and he was....entertaining.   A young man.   I think his name was Justin.

"Yes.   They are still together.   They are good for each other.   Joan Brian is in the hospital. He has cancer.   I do not know anything else.   I sort of found out in a bad way and he won't let me see him anymore." Debbie told her trying her best not to cry.

"Well thanks for telling me." Joan replied removing all emotion from her face.  She turned and left the church.   Deb stood there stunned.   She could not believe she didn't care.

 

"So is this what your going to do now?" Michael shouted as he paced Brian's room.   "It was my mother she always says the wrong thins, but it killed her when she found out.  She wants to be there for you but you will not let her.   Aren't you going to say anything?" E ahouted in Brian's face.

Brian continued to stare at a spot in the ceiling.   Totally ignoring Michael.   He didn't even flinch when Michael slammed is door as he left.

 

Peta walked into her son's apartment and was shocked to see her son sitting there.

"Ben why are you here?   Don't you have a class to teach?" She asked confused at why her son was looking at her that way.

"I went to the center a few days ago to learn a couple of things to help Brian you know who I saw there?" Ben asked giving her the chance to confess her lies.

"No who was there?" She asked with her best smile

"My father mother.   My father who you swore was dead.   I was at that funeral and the tale he told me mother.   How could you leave him there in that place mother?" He asked angrily.

"You don't understand.   It was what he wanted me to do." She explained.

"Well here is your chance mother, explain." He pulled out a chair for her.

 

Joan Kinney had been walking for hours.   When Debbie had told her about Brian she had to use all her willpower not to scream out.  Her baby.   She did not condone the things that he did, but he did not deserve that.   The first thing she did was go hme and take a drink. Then she went to the attic and pulled something from a box.   She couldn't help the smile that appeared across her face.  She called for a cab her baby needed her.

 

Brian was very proud of himself.   He had run everyone away.   Everyone accept Justin. Justin was his rock and he did not look at him with pity.   Deb was sorry but he could not forgive her.   She knew what Michael meant to him and for her to think that of him.   Then maybe she did not know him at all.   He turned when he heard the door open.

 

"I know that you probably don't want me here, but I saw that Debbie woman and she told me and I'm your mother Brian and I should..."She gasped when she saw his stoma scare and change in his appearance.   "Can you talk sweetheart?" She asked.

Brian did not know the reason for his mother's appearance but he sure as hell was not talking to her.   He shook his head no.

"I am so sorry.  I have something for you." She told him pulling out something from her purse.

Brian didn't know what to feel.   It was Samson.   His mom had stitched it just for him.   It was something she had given him for the lonely nights when he was sick.   It was one of the few times he knew she loved him.   It wasnt like Jack who loved him wanting him to die.   No she loved him because she was his mother.   She didn't kiss him or anything she just turned to leave.

Could he let her leave?   She was his mommy.    The last time she would hold him and let him cry on her shoulder.   He needed that, normally he would allow Deb but she wasn't there.   He wanted to be held.   He could not ask Jen and she wanted to do it he could tell.

"Mommy." He croaked

She was around to him in seconds.   She took him in her arms and nothing matter.   Not know.  Her baby needed her.

"Its fine.   I'm here for as long as you allow.   As long as you need." She cried holding him

"Don't letgo.   Just don't let go.