Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

In this chapter 2 more find out about Brian.   Ben Bumps into his father, and someone learns that words can hurt far worst than any physical ache.

Brian opened his eyes and knew immediately he was not alone.   He thought back and tried to remember and then he did.   Michael was awake and he fallen asleep.

"I'm deeply hurt.   I mean I was in a coma for days, and I had no idea what has been going on.   You finally drag your ass here and you fall asleep." Michael joked.

"Sorry." Brian replied.

"Does it hurt?" Michael asks.  He noticed the difference.   It is like someone talking while be choked.   If that is even possible.

"Yea.   Better though.   Was worse." Brian grimaced.   He hated that.   He spoke in a lot of fragments.   You said less but you got your point across but he sounded ignorant.  College degree right out the window.

"So you look great.   You're filling out.  Sort of like Ben.   Where is he anyway?"

"Went for lunch.   He will be back soon.   He is going to sit with me while they...." Brian stopped turning away from Michael.

"It's okay Brian.   You are going to beat this." He told his friend hugging him from behind.

 

Lindsay couldn't be happy.   She was thrilled that Michael was awake.   It was just when she thought about how everyone had come together for Michael she knew they would do the same for Brian.   The problem would helet them?

"Babe did you hear me?" Melanie asked.

Sorry I was thinking about something, right after your appointment today I can't have lunch.   I have a meeting." She explained.  She had questions Peta needed to answer

"Oh that's what they are calling it these days?   Just tell me are you going to leave me before or after i drop this load?   Because I need to know my options." Melanie told her bitterly.

"I've been meeting with Peta.   We have been talking about cancer!" Lindsay shouted.   Thrilled that it was out in the open.

"Oh God.   Don't worry we will get through this." Melanie sobbed misunderstanding everything.

 

Ben was all about helpimg.   Now that Michael was awake and he also knew Brian' secret he knew that he was going to want to help as well.   That was what he was doing at The Cancer Center.   Brian was going to be working with a speech therapist there.  He had learned a lot about Brian during this ordeal and he knew he was a hard worker. He was going to see if he could learn some exercises and help Brian out.  Brian needed his voice it was essential for his life.   He was going to do whatever he could to make it work for his friend.

It was sort of sad that it took something tragic like cancer for Ben to reconnect with Brian.   Although they had tol Michael and Justin that it was a one night stand it had lasted the weekend and he and Brian were good friends.  Now he felt closer to him and Justin.  He looked around this place it was homey and inviting.   He knew immediately that Brian would hate it.   Everything was so happy, and then......

"Dad?" Ben said to the man sitting by the window.   He lookrd too much like he' father not to be him.

"Hello Benji, its been a long ime." He said giving his best smile.

 

Michael was thamlful for the huge bed in his private room   Brian was sound asleep and turned away from the door.  If it was still a standad bed Brian probably would have tossed him out by now.   Times were changing, they were going to see him through.

"You don't know how good it gets me to see you sitting up like that." Deb beamed as she walked in his room.

 

"Ma I need to talk to you but quietly." He told her gesturing to Brian's sleep form.

"Bless him.   Has Been here all night?" Deb asked assuming.

"Ma I need to talk about Brian for a minute."

"Brian.   I do not know if I can take much more.   I called him again today and they say he's not even working at his office.   You constantly say that he's your best friend but where the hell is he?   He always disappoints when you need him, but he didn't show up not once."

Michael was about to say something but Brian went rigid on the bed.  He was making  a gargled sound as if he was choking.  His back almost came completely off the bed. That was when Deb noticed it wasn't Ben.

MMichael what's hapening?" Deb asked panicking.

 

"Cancer.   You gotta be shitting me.  How do you know for sure?"   Melanie asked trying to come to terms with what Lindsay was saying.

That is why we haven't seen him.   Ben's mom is his doctor.   That is who I have been meeting with.   He can't talk Melanie.   He had a stoma and the skin is just growing back.   He may not make it and I am so scared." Lindsay continued to sob.  

Melanie held her.   She felt like a fool for ever doubting what she felt for her.   She would see her through this.   Brian was their family.   He was her son' father and she would help him whether he liked it or not.

 

"We buried you.   I wasthere.   there was a box and it was open." He explained to his father.   He was confused.

"Ben you kids were young.   Your mom worked at a hospital.   A John Doe got put away very nicely and your mom finally did the right thing.   She go rid of me,and now you have to help her get rid of me for good." Ander explained.

"I can't.   I meanI never thought I would see you again.   I cannot let you go." Ben hugged him tightly.   He knew that he should feel pissed but he didn't.   He was happy ad he had his dad back.

 

When Brian woke up he was not shocked to find himself back in his room, but he was shocked to find Deb there hold his  hand.

"Leave." He croaked and snatched his hand away.

"Oh honey I have been talking to the doctors.   I was so scared I thought I was going to loose you.   They sy you are doing good.   Michael has been filling me in.   I am going to take care of you."She tried to soothed him once more and was taken back when he pulled away.

"I am a dissappointment and I am never there. leave." He told her stermly.

"Honey I'm sorry, but what was I to think.   You know I love you like you're my own." She was not going to cry.   He was breaking her heart.

Brian took the suctio from over hi bed and suctioned out his mouth.   "I do no want you here!" He screamed in her face.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.   She was happy that he did let her kiss him on the cheek before turning to face away from her.  She left his room stunned.   He could die and she could recall every hateful thing she had left on his voicemail.  She had hurt him.  What made things worse was she knew he knew that she meant every word of it at the time.   

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

My God this chapter sucks.   I am so sorry.