Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

*******Epilogue*******

Two weeks went by, but time didn't matter to them anymore.  His father was a mess to say the least. He didn't want to see anybody.  Most of the time Gus saw his father behind a stack of papers.  His father was never really good at pain managment, but Gus didn't know how to help him.  Most of the time he himself was lost in thoughts.  Thoughts about better times, when Justin was still with them.  Even if it was just for a short time, both of them had started to see him as a part of their family.  He sat in Justin's room and looked at all the pictures the man had drawn during the time he was trapped here.  Downstairs he heard the doorbell ring and stood up to go answer the door.  He knew that his father wasn't going to open the door.



When he finally reached the door, he opened it with a sigh.

 

"What do you..." But he couldn't finish his sentence. In front of him stood someone he knew all too well.  He threw himself in the arms of that someone, but the hug wasn't returned.

 

"I'm sorry, but do I know you?" The guy said as he looked down at the kid. Somehow the hug had felt familiar, though.  "Kinnetik sent me to paint a room," he said to explain why he was on this boy's doorstep.

 

Gus frowned. This just couldn't be possible. There had to be a way to remind him of the relationship between them.  "Come on, Gus. Get a grip. There must be a way," he thought to himself and then it hit him. The studio. It's where they met for the first time.

 

"Well, then, follow me." He took the guy's hand and led him to the studio.  He looked around the entrance hall in search of his father. He knew he wouldn't walk around the house, but somehow he wished he would.

 



Justin looked at all the canvases and it hit him. He had been here before. He never was in Europe, like everyone thought. He was here for the last couple of years. Trapped in this room. As a ghost. With unfinished business. Brian. He turned around and looked at the young boy.



"Where's Brian?" He asked Gus, unable to hide the smile that spread over his face.

 

"In his office; you know where it is?" Gus answered and smiled at the same time. He just knew that after Justin saw the pictures he had drawn that he would remember everything.  He ran over to the man and hugged him again, and this time he was hugged back. It felt good to have him back. For good.



"Would you like to lead the way, Gussy?" Justin whispered as a tear of joy escaped his eyes.



The young boy took the man's hand and, smiling, led the way to his father's office.

 



"Dad?" Gus stood in the doorframe and smiled sheepishly.



Brian merely looked up and cocked an eyebrow.



"What?" He barked which only made Gus's smile grow wider.



"The painter from Kinnetik is here to see you.," he replied as he went over to his father's desk.



"Well, send him in. I don't have too much time," Brian responded gruffly as he pulled his son up on his lap.



He looked over at the door and couldn't believe his eyes. This just couldn't be real. He must have fallen asleep over all the work he had done the last two weeks since Justin disappeared.



"Believe it, dad. He's real," Gus whispered in his ear as he left his place on his father's lap to lead Justin over to his father.



"Hi." Justin whispered before he was again  enveloped in a tight hug.



Brian looked into the blue eyes of his love and was mesmerized by the man's beauty.



"Can I keep you?" He asked again, and this time Justin nodded....