Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

"Keep your eyes upon me, keep me in your sight, Help me don the crooked road, lead me to the light. The road I'm on is dark, I'm not sure if I know the way, Yet with you right beside me, I'm certain I won't stray. Protect me from the world, I know we'll make it through, Give me all the strength I need..... Let me lean on you."
- Megan Stroup

 

Brian slid his fingers into Justin's tight, inviting hole.  The blond was lying on his back, writhing with pleasure.  Anxious to have his swelled dick inside the eager twink, he soon replaced his fingers with the head of his cock.  Pushing into the narrow passage, he heard Justin cry out in ecstasy.  "Fuck me, Brian...harder!"  Obeying his desperate plea, Brian was rewarded when he heard the kid's moans become louder with each forceful thrust.  He could tell he was on the verge of a mind blowing release.  Arching his back, he closed his eyes...

Brian's body jerked, forcing him awake.  It took him a minute to focus because it was still dark.  'What the fuck?'  This was the second night in a row in which his sleep had been interrupted by a vivid fantasy about Justin.  Last night he had been lucky, and was able to quietly escape to the privacy of his bathroom to stroke himself to completion.  But tonight, he had not been so fortunate.  The tangible evidence was that his new designer underwear was now soaked with his own cum.  "Fuck!" 

Brian quickly checked Justin's side of the bed.  He was relieved to find that the young man was still fast asleep.  The irony was not lost on him.  Justin had slept soundly, and free of nightmares these past two nights, while his own sleep was suddenly being intruded upon by these darn sexual fantasies.

Slowly rising to clean up, Brian was thankful that his dream hadn't jostled Justin.  This new living arrangement was presenting an embarrassing  problem for him.  The close proximity of the blond was engendering an involuntary visceral reaction, even in his sleep.  Brian kept reminding himself that the kid wasn't emotionally ready for any kind of intimate relationship.  But he wasn't a saint, and Brian didn't know how long he could contain his desires, especially when he knew the kid wanted him just as much.

Justin woke up when the alarm went off.  He was surprised when he opened his eyes and found Brian's side of the bed empty.  But then he smelled the aroma of freshly brewed coffee.  A fully dressed Brian waded into the bedroom, greeting Justin with a chipper, "Good Morning Sunshine."

"Morning to you too Mr. Kinney."  Justin said, returning the sentiment with a shy smile.  "You're an early riser today."

"Something suddenly came up that needed my attention,"  Brian said, flashing a toothy grin.  He resumed the consumption of his morning coffee, while Justin showered, and prepared for the day. 

On the way to work, the two of them shared what was becoming an easy going camaraderie.  Brian noticed that Justin had an unusually cheery demeanor for this ungodly hour in the morning. 

"Why the ridiculously happy mood?" Brian questioned curiously.

"Oh, did you forget?  I'm meeting Daphne for dinner after work.  Shit, the last time I saw her was right before I left to go to New York."

"That's right."  Brian remembered that Justin had mentioned it.  "So glad you two kids made up."

"Me too.  But Daph could never really stay mad at me anyway." 

Justin had been hesitant to make the initial dreaded phone call.  But after going off on a tirade for the first five minutes, Daphne eventually calmed down.  She forgave him, just like he knew his best friend would, and they immediately made a date to meet.  He was anxious to see her after all this time.

At work it was the usual hectic day.  Justin completed the finishing touches on a campaign for yet another one of Brian's major clients.  The art director seemed more than pleased with his efforts. 

Justin was viewed as the new rising star at Kinnetik.  However, the merit of his accomplishment was diminished by the rumors of his romantic relationship with the boss.  This irritated Justin, especially because it wasn't true.  But he chose not to say anything to Brian.  People were going to believe what they wanted to believe.  Justin only wished it was a reality. 

After saying a rushed good bye to Brian, Justin walked briskly to the bus stop.  A short while later, he was hugging his oldest and dearest friend, while she squeezed him back, tears glistening in her large brown eyes. 

"You look terrific Daph."

"So do you."

They sat down to a nice, relaxing dinner, and reminisced about old times.  However, during desert Daphne tactfully brought up the subject of why he had decided to come back to the Pitts.  Justin was reluctant to tell his friend the real reason, but she managed to worm it out of him by wearing him down.  She felt guilty for harassing him, and had cried openly, when he described the horrific events that caused him to flee New York. 

"You'll be okay Jus.  You're strong and smart, and you've got Brian on your side.  I think it's important that he knows everything, that way he can help you,"  Daphne sniffled.

"Um well, he knows almost everything," Justin corrected her.  "I still haven't shared with him the details of what happened that night."

"You're shitting me.  Why not?"

"I don't know.  It's hard to talk about."

"But you just told me."

"Yeah, I guess so.  But I'm not..."  Justin didn't finish the sentence, he didn't need to.

Daphne studied him a second, and then said with a raised eyebrow, "You're not in love with me, like you are with him."

"Is it that obvious?"

"You light up every time you talk about the man, which is like, every other sentence.  I can't say I blame you though, he is to die for."

"God, he's gorgeous,"  Justin sighed dreamily.

"Oh boy, someone's got it bad.  Does Brian feel the same way?"

"I don't know.  He's hard to read."

"He must care about you a lot if he's letting you live with him.  And he's always been there for you when you need him."

"It's not that simple Daph, with my past and all."

"It is that simple, Jus.  If he loves you, nothing else will matter."

"You're right," Justin conceded, knowing that his trusted friend was speaking the truth.

 

Later on that night at the loft...

"Hey Brian."

"Sunshine.  So how is the little woman?"

"She looks wonderful.  And we got along great, as if I never left."

"Sounds like the two of you are as thick as thieves again."

Justin frowned at Brian's coincidental choice of words, but then addressed him in a serious voice.  "Speaking of thieves, I'd like to talk to you about something."

Brian cocked an eyebrow indicating his interest.   "Okay, but you've got me a little on edge with your ominous tone."

Justin sat down on the couch, close enough to Brian so that they were almost touching.  Looking him squarely in the eyes he stated, "I'm ready to tell you everything about what happened in New York."

Relating the details of the robbery to Brian in a detached manner, Justin's mask of indifference began to crack when he repeated all the degrading remarks that were made to him.  However, when it came to recounting the trauma of being sodomized by the giant of a man, he became even more visibly upset.  A torrent of tears streaked down his perfect features, and his voice quavered with raw emotion.

Brian listened attentively and patiently to what Justin had to say.  But when Justin began reliving the sexual abuse he was forced to endure, his facial expression changed dramatically.  Brian became enraged, and he wanted nothing more than to hunt down those men, and rip off their dicks with his bare hands.

However, Justin needed him right now.  His heart ached for the sobbing, damaged kid, and Brian made a motion to reach for him.  Justin rejected his offer at first, stubbornly pulling back.  But Brian persisted, and no longer able to fight it, Justin gave in to the overwhelming pain and mental anguish, collapsing into the older man's arms. It felt truly comforting to have Brian's strong arms wrapped around him, almost like he was shielding him from the rest of the world.

A familiar longing welled up inside of the older man.  He wanted to kiss Justin and wash away all his hurt and fears.  The kid surely didn't deserve the cruel, harsh occurrences of the past couple of years.  Brian wanted to replace his misery with warmth, love, and understanding.  But he couldn't.  Justin was not in a good place at this moment in time, and he wouldn't risk the further damage it might cause to his overall recovery.