Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

 

”Is it thy will thy image should keep open

My heavy eyelids to the weary night?

Dost thou desire my slumbers should be broken

While shadows like to thee do mock my sight?”

 

Brian got used to the constant attention a very long time ago for more than one reason. First, he was an actor, and actors are being watched. If they’re not, well, it means they’re definitely doing something wrong. Beyond that, he was lucky to have a pretty attractive and stunning look, which guaranteed him full success; not only in his profession, but in his private life too. Life was so much easier for Brian Kinney than for anyone else - at least that’s what they said.

 

Oberon wasn’t his favorite character to play though he was often told that he was the most perfect king of the fairies. His usual answer to that remark was a simple ’fuck you. He was audacious like that. He liked to act like the most manly-man of all, the alpha male; someone who doesn’t know what femininity means.

 

That night, as he was playing his role, he could feel an extremely intense gaze on him which was clearly noticeable and pretty embarrassing. Embarrassment made him nervous; and nervousness made him want to know where that stare was coming from. He couldn’t see very well because the stage was brightly lit and the audience sat in darkness, but he decided to find the person who made him feel like he was standing naked in that crowded room.

 

As he stepped off the stage and started to get ready for the next scene he tried to peek from behind the curtain but he couldn’t see a thing.

 

The performance went great without any trouble, apart from that strange glare he’d been given. He could hardly wait for the play to end and the lights to go up. When the sound of loud applause filled the room and he stepped forward with the other actors to bow, he turned his head to the direction that the gaze had been coming from and spotted a blond head with an angelic face and piercing blue eyes.

 

He was sure he’d found the person he’d been looking for during the play. He liked what he saw and he was sure that the boy would be waiting for him outside in front of the studio; like so many other boys usually did. Picking admiring fans up each night was Brian’s usual habit and he didn’t even have to work for it; sometimes he thought it was way too easy.

 

He was glad to have a young blond this night; the boy fitted the evening perfectly. As the actors stepped to the edge of the stage Brian returned the gaze and raised one eyebrow at Justin, who blushed immediately and tried to act like he hadn’t seen anything. Brian found it amusing and took a mental note to make the boy blush some more that night.

 

The actors disappeared behind the curtain and the people started to stand up and head toward the exit. Justin was sitting on his chair immovably, staring at the now empty and dark stage ahead of him. He felt petrified and even the slightest move seemed to be impossible for him. He could barely hear Daphne’s voice from the distance,

 

„It was great, wasn’t it?”

 

Justin didn’t show any kind of reaction so Daphne grabbed his shoulder and shook him lightly,

 

„Justin!”

 

The boy jumped a little then turned to his friend with a confused look,

 

„Sorry…I just…”

 

Daphne let out a pretend deep sigh,

 

„Did you like it?”

 

„Yeah, it was…beautiful.”

 

She chuckled and gave him a knowing look,

 

„I told you.”

 

„What?”

 

„The actors. They’re hot.”

 

„Well, I didn’t focus on that part.”

 

The girl laughed out loud to let him know that she didn’t believe a word.Justin frowned,

 

„What?”

 

„Nothing. Come on, let’s go.”

 

They exited the studio and they had to get through a pretty huge crowd that was standing in front of the building. Justin glanced at the growing bunch of people and asked his friend,

 

„What are they waiting for? The play is over, isn’t it?”

 

„The play is definitely over; but the fun is just about to begin.” Said the girl with a huge smile.

 

„What do you mean?”

 

„They’re waiting for the actors to leave the theatre so that they could meet them for a few minutes.”

 

Justin nodded and turned around to go but Daphne’s annoyingly smug voice stopped him,

 

„You want to meet him?”

 

The boy turned to face his friend with the most casual expression he was able to manage,

 

„Meet who?”

 

Daphne laughed,

 

„The guy you were staring at the whole time. You think I didn’t see it? I’m neither dumb nor blind.”

 

Justin tried to blink innocently, but he wasn’t very convincing,

 

„I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

Daphne shook her head and stepped a little closer,

 

„Yeah, right. I don’t blame you at all. He’s really beautiful.”

 

Justin looked at the crowd again then turned to the girl,

 

„I’m not interested. And in case you forget, I’m in a relationship. Now, can we go?”

 

Daphne sighed and they started to walk along the street. When they reached a bar called Woody’s, the girl stopped abruptly,

 

„Want to drink something?”

 

„No, I don’t. I should be going home.”

 

„Just for one drink, for God’s sake!” She pointed at the bar’s entrance.

 

„You know what Ethan thinks of places like this. He asked me not to…”

 

The girl cut him off angrily with a raised voice,

 

„I don’t care what your overbearing boyfriend thinks Justin. I like this place. And I know you like it too. Now, get that artistic ass of yours inside.”

 

Justin obeyed without a word and opened the door to step inside. They sat down at the bar and started to talk about things they hadn’t had a chance to talk about for quite a long time. Now that Justin lived with Ethan, he couldn’t meet Daphne very often since he spent most of his time with the violinist who seemed to need his attention.

 

More than an hour had passed when Daphne jumped on her seat a little and whispered excitedly to her friend,

 

„Don’t turn around, but there’s your man.”

 

Justin of course did turn around to see who was entering the place and he could feel his heart skipping a beat. That astonishing actor he’d been watching with awe a few hours ago stepped inside with three other actors who’d played in the comedy too. He saw them sitting down at a table then turned back to Daphne immediately,

 

„What’s wrong with you Daph?” He swallowed nervously, „He’s not my man.”

 

Despite his words he could feel his heart throbbing in his throat and his body shaking just from the sight of that mysterious stranger. He didn’t know why his body reacted that way, but he couldn’t control it no matter how hard he tried. He wanted to continue his former conversation with the girl, but he was forced to keep one eye on the actor, he just couldn’t do anything about it.

 

Brian spotted Justin the moment he’d entered the bar, but he acted like he hadn’t noticed him. He was a bit pissed at the blond for not waiting for him as he’d expected; but he decided to forgive him in case the boy was up for a great fuck. He was gay, Brian had no doubt about that. ’I’m going to have him tonight after all he told himself and a wide smug grin crossed his face.

 

Brian was sitting at a table with his friends; they really needed some recreation after playing on the stage. Emmett, who usually played female characters, was talking about some new fashion designer he’d been reading about in a magazine but suddenly stopped. He shoved Brian in the arm and motioned toward the blond at the bar and said,

 

„Hey! I saw him in the audience tonight.” He examined Justin’s profile for a while then added, „He’s very cute.”

 

„He’s very hot.” Ted, another actor commented.

 

Michael, Brian’s best friend and colleague gave them a frowning and disgusted look,

 

„He’s very young. Too young.”

 

Brian didn’t say a word, but when he realized that his friends were waiting for his opinion he said shortly,

 

„Not bad.”

 

Emmett smiled knowingly and answered in a sarcastic tone,

 

„It means he’s going to be tonight’s fuck, isn’t that right, Brian?”

 

Michael rolled his eyes,

 

„Please. He’s not Brian’s type at all.”

 

„That never seemed to be a problem for him.” Ted replied.

 

Brian found this conversation pretty annoying,

 

„Would you shut the fuck up? Why don’t you mind your own sex lives?” He stood up but before he took a step toward the bar he looked down at his friends angrily and snorted, „I’ll tell you why. Because you don’t have any.”

 

He left the three stunned men at the table and walked to the bar then stopped beside Justin and ordered a Jim Beam.

 

Being so close to the actor made Justin realize how tall and handsome this man really was. The most amazing man he’d ever seen. He tried to force himself not to look at him but something made it impossible; his eyes couldn’t leave that face. As the King of the Fairies was waiting to be served he turned his head to Justin’s direction. Justin could feel the blood running out of his face when the man smiled at him and said,

 

„Hey.”

 

Justin couldn’t return the greeting; he seemed to forget every single word he’d ever learned. Daphne helped him out eagerly and smiled at the actor in front of them.

 

„Oh, hi! You’re that actor from the Will-power company, aren’t you? We’ve just seen the play! It was great!”

 

„Is that so? Thanks.” He smiled at the girl for a moment then faced the embarrassed blond again.

 

Justin felt the blood running back to his face with full force; he could only imagine how flushed his cheeks looked. He hated himself at that moment for acting like that; the man made him feel like he was a fucking inexperienced and nervous teenager.

 

Brian was looking deep into Justin’s blue eyes with an amused expression while asking the girl,

 

„Does your friend talk?”

 

Daphne chuckled and answered,

 

„Of course he does. He’s just…”

 

Justin got himself together and finally managed to say something,

 

„Nice to meet you.” He couldn’t come up with a better response.

 

Brian seemed to be a bit surprised at those words; Justin looked at Daphne then turned back to the man. The girl cut in again,

 

„This is Justin. And my name is Daphne.”

 

Brian nodded, finished his Beam then said,

 

„Brian.”

 

He didn’t know why he told them his name; he usually didn’t give a fuck about names anyway. Well, at least not in his private life.

 

„So Brian, what’s it like to be an actor?” Daphne’s question broke the silence.

 

Brian huffed a laugh and raised an eyebrow at the girl,

 

„Is that supposed to be the trick question?”

 

„No. I really want to know.” Daphne answered somewhat embarrassed.

 

„You don’t want to know, trust me.” Brian turned to the bartender to ask for another drink.

 

Daphne stood up and Justin looked at her and asked quietly,

 

„Where are you going?”

 

„Bathroom.” She mouthed.

 

The blond realized that he was afraid of being alone with this man and tried to reach out for the girl, but she just winked at him and disappeared to the back of the place.

 

„Looks like we’re left alone.” Brian smiled and his incredible eyes started to roam the boy’s body.

 

Justin knew that he had to continue the conversation somehow, but he didn’t know what to say; this man made him lose all the coherent thought.

 

„Which is your favorite play?” Well, that wasn’t a bad try; Justin was pretty proud of himself for making a complete sentence.

 

Brian sighed and gave him a disappointed look,

 

„Do we have to talk about my work? I’m fucking tired.”

 

„It’s not just work, it’s more than that.” The sensitive artist in Justin started to wake up.

 

„No. It’s just work.” Brian said sternly and watched the boy’s reaction.

 

„No, it’s not. You’re an artist…” The blond tried to protest.

 

„I’m an actor.” He answered, but the look on his face slowly started to soften and finally he gave Justin a smile, „An actor who likes popularity and its advantages.”

 

Justin didn’t give up,

 

„But art is an important part of your life even when you’re not ’working’ as you said. You can’t deny it.”

 

„What do you mean?”

 

„Well, I don’t know…like…I bet you seduce men with beautiful romantic quotes all the time.” At this point Justin felt himself blushing and decided not to go further; he didn’t like where this conversation was going.

 

Brian shook his head,

 

„I don’t need that. I get what I want anyway.” He gave Justin a suggestive look which made the boy blush even more. Brian thought it was time to get to the point, „But,” he started slowly like he was thinking very hard, „you’re right. There’s one certain line I like to use. It’s pretty effective you know. Want to hear it?” He asked but that dangerous smile told Justin that it wasn’t a really good idea.

 

The blond got lost in the sight of Brian’s lips and before he could say anything the man started to lean forward slowly. Justin could smell the scent of his cologne and feel the warmth of his body and it made him shiver. He closed his eyes unconsciously and thought that this situation was the most embarrassing and most exciting he’d ever been in. He could feel the man’s hot breath stroking his ear and his tongue licking his earlobe almost unnoticeably as he whispered softly,

 

„To tell thee plain, I aim to lie with thee.

 

The boy realized the meaning of these words a few seconds later; he opened his eyes and saw the actor giving him a questioning look. Justin didn’t know what to say, and since he didn’t have a better idea he chuckled nervously and said,

 

„There’s no way Shakespeare wrote something like that.”

 

„Want to bet?” Brian asked with his tongue in his cheek, „Henry VI. Part three. Act three. Scene two.”

 

„Oh.” Was all Justin could say. He wondered why Daphne hadn’t gotten back yet. He decided to kill her for that later.

 

„So, what do you say?” Brian asked and lit a smoke.

 

Justin didn’t know, or let’s say he didn’t want to know what the man was referring to.

 

„What do you mean?” He asked weakly.

 

Brian wondered if the boy really was so naive or if he was just playing with him.

 

„What do you think?” He asked impatiently and blew the smoke out, then added with a conceited grin, „To fuck or not to fuck; that is the question.”

 

This man scared the shit out of Justin, so he said the worst thing possible,

 

„I’ve got to go now…”

 

Brian laughed at the boy and his husky tone gave Justin an instant hard on.

 

„Don’t worry, I don’t bite…unless you want me to.”

 

Justin couldn’t believe his ears; he just kept on staring. This man was absolutely not the intellectual and gentle type of artist he thought he would be; he was nothing like Ethan. Brian was smart, Justin was sure about that; but he could also see that the man was led by his instincts and wanted to enjoy all the pleasures everyday life had to offer. He was beautiful, dangerous and real; like life itself. He oozed eroticism and it was so hard to resist him. Justin was afraid to admit it to himself but at that moment the only thing he really wanted was to let this man take him and do whatever he wanted to do to him.

 

But he came around in time and said quietly,

 

„I have a boyfriend.” Brian gave him that ’What’s that have to do with it look, but Justin went on, „And I have no intention of cheating on him.”

 

Brian was staring at the blond for a few seconds. Rejection wasn’t something he appreciated. He hadn’t even had a chance to experience it, but there was no way he was going to show his disappointment. He shrugged and said,

 

„Your loss. Well, have fun. I’ve got to go back to my friends.” And with that he left Justin alone.

 

Daphne showed up suddenly from behind and asked her friend excitedly,

 

„What did he say?”

 

„Nothing. Come on, let’s get out of here.”

 

Before exiting the place Justin turned around to take one last look at Brian but he regretted it immediately as he met the man’s intense gaze. Brian turned his back on him in no time to face his friends again and Justin stepped out onto the street.

 

Daphne tried to interrogate the boy but she gave up pretty soon because she could see that Justin didn’t want to talk about Brian. She knew that he would tell her about him sooner or later because he was noticeably impressed by the actor. So Daphne decided to wait until her friend brought the subject up.

 

When Justin arrived home Ethan was already in bed. He thought that his boyfriend was asleep, but when he was lying beside him he heard Ethan murmuring quietly,

 

„How was the play?”

 

Justin turned to him but Ethan didn’t open his eyes.

 

„It was okay.”

 

By the time he’d closed his eyes, he could hear Ethan snoring. He wanted to sleep so badly, but all he could see behind his closed eyelids was that beautiful man he’d met that night; the weird but somewhat exciting conversation they’d had, the scent of his skin, the sound of his voice and the amazing color of his eyes. And Justin suddenly found himself wondering what would have happened if he’d said yes to him.

 

He finally fell asleep with a wistful smile on his lips, hoping the man would visit him in his dreams.


Chapter End Notes:

Quote:

W. Shakespeare: Sonnet 61

Thank you for reading! Reviews are highly appreciated! :)