Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Brian’s POV

I put my beer down and look around. I frown not seeing Justin and Kevin in the dance floor. I look at Ben that is on the second floor and he’s trying to see where Justin and Kevin are as well. Fuck me. He didn’t. I go to the backroom and then the restrooms before I go to the second floor where Ben is.

“Where are they?” I ask angry.

“They were just there,” Ben tells me. “You don’t think…

“Move out,” I instruct him. “I want them found.”

I turn around and as fast as I can, I get out of the club. I look in every direction trying to make sense of all of this. I don’t know how the fuck that little shit tricked me. But then again it wouldn’t be the first time. The little shit! I can smell his scent but I don’t know in what direction to go. It’s very faint. “Can I dance with Kevin?!” I ask out loud, throwing his words back out. How could I have been so stupid? “That little shit,” I yell not wanting to believe he would do this. “What is he thinking?”

“Brian,” Ben comes running to me. “The bouncer saw them. He says that one of them was pulling the other one.”

I am going to beat the shit out of him when I find him. I was thinking about letting go of what he did. But now this is just going to add to the things I’m going to do.

“Let’s get out of here,” Ben tells me. “Let’s get in the car.”

“That little shit!” I hiss yet again. Apparently it’s the only thing coming out of my mouth.

“I have the guys looking for them,” Ben tells me. “They will call me if they find him.”

“That little shit,” I scream hard.

A few people turn to look in our direction. I could rip someone’s neck right now. That boy is going to be the death of me…again. Jesus, what the fuck is he thinking and then taking Kevin with him? I know he can defend himself but Kevin can’t. We’ve always been the ones to protect my beautiful childe.

“We are not going anywhere,” I tell him.

“What do you want to do?” Ben asks me.

This is amazing. I’m stuck. I can’t move or tell him anything. I’m so afraid that something is going to happen to him. I can’t take this. I’m too old for this shit. Justin has always been defiant and doesn’t follow my rules but this is beyond what I’m going to allow him to do. I’m going to have to chain him. He has to learn that there are people out there that want me dead human and inhuman alike. I don’t think I would be this mad if he hadn’t taken Kevin with him. It’s not like Justin hasn’t pulled this shit before.

“Sire,” Ben says strongly.

“Let’s look for them,” I tell him.

“I have people doing that,” Ben informs me.

“Right,” I say.

I run my fingers through my hair and look around. I have to concentrate on his scent. It’s getting so weak right now. I start walking and Ben is right behind me. Right now what I have to do is focus on my boys. I go straight ahead. We get into the roof of one of the buildings and then start jumping from one to the other. Then it stops, Justin scent is gone and that only scares me.

“I can’t smell them,” Ben whispers.

I drop to my knees and try to keep it together. I have to think straight. I know they couldn’t have gone far. They don’t have any money and they don’t know anyone. Oh fuck! Yes, they do.

“Marcus,” I spit the name.

“What?” Ben asks. “You think…you think they went to Marcus?”

I get up and nod. “That bastard would take them in just to piss me off,” I say as I start walking to the door of this building. As I have my back to my eldest childe I close my eyes and push away the unshed tears. Everything inside of me aches. My demon is screaming in pain for my mate and childe right now.

“What isn’t going to be easy?” Ben asks as he steps in front of me.

“Getting into the Macklin mansion,” I inform him. I start walking and he follows.

“Oh, that,” Ben says.

If it turns out that Justin is there it can turn ugly. What if Marcus doesn’t want to give them up? I don’t have so many children left and the ones I have are not as strong as I would like them to be. But they have to be ready to fight on my command. Taking them into Marcus mansion is not going to help me any in building a bigger and stronger family, but I have to go get Justin and Kevin.

“What if he’s not there?” Ben asks.

I stop walking and sigh. “Fuck!”

I look at Ben who is patiently waiting for me to tell him what to do.

“Send Michael to spy on them,” I tell him.

“Michael hasn’t come back,” Ben informs me.

“What?” I ask turning around.

“Emmett got injured and he’s holed up in the warehouse,” Ben tells me. “I have gone to check on them a few times but Michael is adamant about coming home.”

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Jesus, I have to keep a better watch on everyone. Justin, Kevin and Max are consuming all my time. “Is he breaking away?”

“I think he is,” Ben tells me.

“He hasn’t taken Emmett as his mate,” I say.

“He would never do that without asking permission first,” Ben says.

Right, trust Michael to always follow the rules. Okay, enough about him. I have to think of how I am going to find Justin and Kevin. I need a new plan.

“Maybe he’s hiding,” Ben says. “In an abandoned building, perhaps.”

I don’t have all night to search every fucking place. When we get out of this building I see a few hunters but I smirk at them. They won’t dare try something against us here with so many people around. They’re here to make sure that we don’t kill or turn any humans. Ben is behind me and we’re walking to the car. I’m wondering what I am going to do to find out if Justin and Kevin have gone to Marcus. This is not what I had planned as a celebration. The little shit!

I’m about to get into the car when I hear someone gasping and taking a step back away from us. Then he swallows and tries to pretend like he never saw us. He tries to walk by us but I know better. I know something is up. He is a guy dressed up like a woman. I look at his red dress and high black heals and wonder what was going through his mind. I push him against the wall and arch a brow. His eyes open wide and I wonder who does his damn make up; it’s not possible that he did that to himself.

“Don’t kill me,” he says. “Please, I’ve never done anything against your kind. I swear.”

“How do you know?” I ask arching a brow.

“I see it,” he whispers.

“What’s your name?” I ask him.

“I’m Mysterious Marilyn,” he says.

“There is not much mystery,” Ben quips and I chuckle.

“You have the sight,” I whisper.

“I do,” he says. “Can you let go of me?”

I pull away and smile widely. I look at Ben who is watching our backs. “Can you see the future now?” I ask him.

Mysterious Marilyn arches a brow and nods. “You want me to help you find something you lost.”

“That’s right,” I tell him.

“It’s going to cost you,” he says.

“You have some nerve,” Ben drawls. Then he shows his teeth at our clairvoyant transvestite.

“Easy there,” I tell him. “You got to respect him. It takes a pair of brass ones to be this brave,” I tell my childe. “How much?”

“Five thousands,” he tells me stepping away from the wall.

“Now you’re stepping into shaky waters,” I growl.

I really don’t care if he charges me the double as long as I can find Justin and Kevin.

“I think you’re mate is worth so much more,” he informs me.

“Oh, he’s good,” Ben comments.

“You’re coming with us,” I tell him.

“No,” he says sure of himself. “After I get in the car and tell you where Justin and Kevin are you will kill me, not intentionally but you will kill me. Sorry, but I’m staying right here.”

I glare at him.

“I promise nothing is going to happen to you,” I say.

“You can’t change destiny,” he whispers.

I try to calm my anger as best as I can. He leans forwards and smiles.

“If you kill me you won’t ever find him and I don’t think you’re going to want that,” he informs me. “There are things in motion against him. They want him.”

“What?” I ask confused. “Who wants him?”

“Something up there or down there,” Marilyn tells me and shrugs. “Who really knows?”

“What?” Ben asks.

“You do know there are a heaven and a hell,” he tells us like we’re stupid. Then he turns to me and smiles. “I know you do know there is a hell.”

I snarl at him. I can’t help it. “Let’s make a new deal. You tell me where he is and I won’t kill you right now.”

“Okay,” he says quickly. “He’s about twenty blocks in that direction. He’s in an abandon house; it used to be an orphanage. You know, the one that burned up a few weeks ago. There is something after him.”

I won’t kill him because I think he might be useful for me later.

“I will be,” he says with a little grin in place.

“Let’s go,” I tell Ben.

“Let me give you a bit of advice,” Mysterious Marilyn says before we go. “It’s not that he doesn’t love you because that boy will die for you and I mean he will die for you.”

I get so angry hearing him. What the fuck does he know?

“He can’t love you because they confined his demon,” he says. “When you torture him you are hurting him so much and slowly killing all the love he has for you.”

I start walking towards him because I want to know what’s happening with Justin. I knew something was wrong but this is beyond crazy.

“Go,” he says. “You don’t have much time. He’s going to die for you, like he was supposed to a long time ago unless you get there in time.”

I’m not sure what that means and before I can ask he starts walking away and Ben’s pulling me by the arm.

“Let’s go Brian,” Ben tells me.

I go with Ben and we go to the car. I am the one driving and I don’t care what gets in the way there. I’m not stopping for anything. After a few minutes I stop the car. I can feel Justin. I park quickly and get out. I start running and Ben’s by my side. I can hear Kevin screaming for me and it’s killing me. When we find the house we enter and I find Kevin at the end of the stairs crying.

“Daddy!” Kevin yells and jumps on top of me.

I push him down and start running up the stairs. When I get to the second floor I kick the door open and for a moment just stare. There is this thing hovering over Justin. I don’t know what it is but it’s not human, it’s not a demon, it’s not anything I’ve ever seen and I’ve seen some pretty awful things. It has a pair of black wings and his skin is grayish. It has ears and a mouth but that was it. It doesn’t have a nose or eyes. Whatever this thing is it’s ready to attack my golden boy. Like I say, let them try and take him away from me. I jump towards it and knock it back. He stabs me on the stomach and brushes me off like I’m nothing but a mere leaf.

“He does not belong to you anymore,” this thing says and I’m not sure if it’s a woman or a man or what. “He is going home with us.”

“Stay away from me!” Justin yells at it.

“Don’t you want to go home?” it asks and laughs. “You wanted this!”

“I want all of you to stay the fuck away from me!” Justin yells. He gets up and backs against the wall.

The thing takes two steps closer to Justin and lifts his sword. I get up and tackle it to the side. Ben comes inside and pulls his sword stabbing it right on the heart.

“We’re beyond this,” it tells us.

“No!” Kevin is screaming from the first floor. “No, no, no, no! Run! Run! Run! Please run!”

For once I’m not going to stay here and not listen to that boy. I get up and take Justin in my arms before I start running down. Ben stays back fighting with it.

“No, let me go,” Justin fights me.

“Take your brother,” I tell him. “And don’t fight me on this.”

Justin grabs Kevin and I push them out the door.

“Ben!” I yell before I leave.

He has ten seconds to bring his ass down those stairs or I’m leaving him. We get into the car and I wait for Ben. When he doesn’t come I start the car and get us out of there. I keep looking at the rear view mirror expecting this thing to be right behind us. That never happens.

“Jesus fuck,” I say angrily. I look down briefly and see that I’m still bleeding. I’m healing but very slowly, this has never happened before.

“Who was that?” Justin asks from the back seat.

“What the hell were you thinking?” I ask him.

“What?” he asks frowning.

“I want to know what made you run away and take your brother along. Were you not thinking?” I ask him. I’m so angry right now. “You might know how to defend yourself but he doesn’t. He needs to be taken care of. And look at what happened to you! You couldn’t even defend yourself from that thing?”

“Why do you keep him around?” he asks me. “Don’t you think that’s cruel?”

“So you want me to kill him?” I ask and I see the club and some of my childes.

They see me and know it’s time to go home.

“No,” I hear Justin whisper. “Kevin is important to me.”

“He’s important to me too, Justin! Kevin might not be like us but that doesn’t mean I don’t love him,” I tell him. “Anyway, he’s very special. He can see things we could only dream about. It’s so much that he can’t deal with it. One day it will be okay, Justin.”

“That’s how he knew about Brent,” he tells me.

“Yeah,” I answer.

“What was that thing, Brian?” He asks me.

I don’t know what to tell him. I don’t know myself.

“Death,” Kevin suddenly says. “Cold and bitter and ugly and lonely!”

“Jesus,” Justin mutters.

“They want the pretty light,” Kevin tells us. “But pretty is ours.”

Damn right Justin is ours. No one is taking him away. My hands grip the steering wheel as I feel the sharp pain through my back.

“This is where we get off,” Justin tells me after he has stabbed me with his sword from the back. Like I said before he has so much to pay for.

I’m so angry with him. I accelerate and crash us into a tree. His body flies out of the car crashing through the window shield. The little shit! It’s all I think about. Then I realize that Mysterious Marilyn was right. He would have died if he’d been in this accident. My body hurts because I hit it pretty badly with the steering wheel.

“No more hurting,” Kevin cries. “The pretty little fades. It fades away.”

What the fuck is he talking about? I open the door of the car so I can get out when Kevin starts screaming.

“Want to see! Want to see!” he yells and wraps his arms around me from behind.

I feel his fangs descend on my neck. And then he shoves his wrist on my mouth making me bite him. I feel dizzy as his blood start running down my throat. I start falling and there is no stopping it. I feel trapped in this darkness.

When I open my eyes there is red everywhere. I’m in a big sea of blood and any other day that would be a good thing, but is not. Justin is right in front of me; his lifeless body floating away. I feel my body shaking and suddenly I’m back. Derek is to my side and Kevin is kicking and screaming as Pete takes him out of the car.

I get out slowly and look at Justin’s body on the pavement. The little shit is going to pay for all this mess!