Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello everyone, so sorry for the delay. In this chapter we're jumping five years after Angela has taken the kids with her. Hope you guys enjoy it.

FIVE YEARS LATER

Michael's POV

I open my eyes and sit up in the bed. I cringe as I stretch, my bones are healing from the beating that I got from master. He found me two days ago and apparently they have been looking for me. I've been too busy to come home but I had a good reason. I've been searching the world for spells so I could help Emmett. Father said he understood but that he still had to punish me for what I've done. Missing for a decade without telling anyone where I was didn't make him happy. So I had to be punished. I get up from bed and take a shower.

After I'm done I get dressed and go find Emmett. He's in his own room and he smiles when he sees me. Kevin is there with him and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Hello puppy," I say.

"I'm not a puppy and if I was I wouldn't be your puppy," Kevin says to me. "So stop calling me that."

To say that I'm shock would be an understatement. He's...normal.

"What?" Kevin asks. "Why are you staring at me?"

I shrug.

"Michael," Emmett says smiling an extends his arm towards me.

I quickly go to him and then kiss him. He buries his face on my chest. "It's okay. We're safe now. We're home."

"This is not his home," Kevin says. "You've been doing very naughty things."

"Shut up," I hiss. "And get out."

Before he has the chance to do so master comes in. In his eyes I can see that he's about to kill someone, but when he speaks, he is calm and collected. “Kevin,” he says.

"What is it?" Kevin asks standing from the bed.

"Jericho is dead, he's been dead for quite a while,” Master tells him.

Kevin only nods, like he already knew that.

“Ben tracked Cassandra and she's trapped, or so he tells me,” Master tells us. “There will be a bit of resistance but this battle is mine. And everyone that stood in my way will be taken care of. It's over.”

"You should be happy," Kevin tells him.

"What's over?" I ask.

"War," Kevin says smiling.

"You knew it was going to be over soon," our master tells him.

"Yeah," Kevin says. "Cassandra has to be killed."

"I thought she's been dead for a long time," I say.

"Jericho brought her back," master says and then grins. "And she killed him, how ironic for him."

"Wow," I whisper. "We were fighting...at war I mean."

"Yes," Kevin says. "Now its all over."

I nod and then look at our master. “Sire, what happened to Ben? I've seen him and he's...different.”

“Yeah,” my maker responds. “He is, but he's still family.”

I only nod knowing I am not going to get anything else. “What's wrong then?” I ask. “Why are you so angry, father?”

My master crosses his arms and stares from me to Kevin, he looks briefly at Emmett and then back at Kevin. "I want to find Justin. That's the only thing, that as years go by, we don't seem to be making progress on."

"Justin is missing?" I ask. What the fuck is going on in this place? When it's not one thing it's another.

"He's been missing for a while now, five years," Kevin says. "But pretty will be here soon enough."

Our sire runs to Kevin and grabs him by the arms, hard. "You see him?"

"Almost," Kevin responds. “Not yet.”

"I don't feel good," Emmett says.

My master lets go of Kevin and stares at Emmett again. "Michael, let's go."

I frown now sure what's going on but I follow.

"We need to talk," he says when we're in the hallway.

"Okay," I whisper and wait, not sure what's going on.

"Emmett is...sick," he says.

"What?" I ask looking into his eyes. "We don't get sick."

"Yeah," he whispers. "The thing is...Emmett is dead."

"Yeah," I say. "We kind of are."

"No...I mean yes," he says and growls his frustation. "Look Michael. I know that he was hurt bad when we were attacked shortly after I came back.” Master licks his lips. “Tell me something, when you guys brought me back. He looked...he said his name was Emmett Honeycutt but he looked nothing like the Emmett I knew.”

I cringe at that and look at the floor. “It's him, when he was twenty one,” Once I was turned, I did the same to Emmett. I found him before he ever met me and did it, because the friend, my Emmett was gone in my own time.

“Michael!” he growls my name with anger and something else that I can't describe right now. “This is why I don't want my children doing magic! It complicates everything."

“Don't you remember?” I ask and stare at him dead on the eyes. “You killed everything in sigh. Poor Ted and Emmett. It was horrible. I...by the time you got to me you were more...you. You had just killed the entire establishment and then I thought I would be next. But then you said I would be of use. And for a few years you had no problem using my magic when it served you.”

My master nods.

“I almost died and you turned me,” I explain to him. “And then...I was so lonely and still missing him so I went back in time and got him. I saved him from you.” I say and look at the floor. It's funny because I thoulght everything was going to be okay. And then, Emmett gets hurt again. He was was in a coma for the longest time...he never really woke up after we were attacked. I did spell after spell until I was able to get him back.

"Okay,” master says slowly. “I know you used magic to heal him.”

“I did,” I say.

"But something is wrong with him," Father informs me. "He's...dead."

"I don't understand," I say and I hope that the desperation doesn't make it out.

"Michael," he whispers so softly and caring that I almost fall down to my knees. There must be something really wrong with Emmett.

Master hugs me to him.

"We got to let him go," he says.

I pull away. "You mean like...kill him."

"Yes," he answers.

"No," I almost cry out. "Please, master."

"Michael," he says. "I think...I think you've created a zombie."

I frown. There is no way.

"He's there and he's a vampire but...he's rotting away," my sire tells me. "He's not like us anymore."

"I'll fix it," I promise.

"Okay," he says and caresses my face. "If not...we have to...you know."

"I'll find him," I tell him.

He raises a brow. "What?"

"Justin," I tell him. "I'll find him. I'll go right now if you want me to and do it. But please don't get rid of Emmett. Just let me work on it until I can fix it. Please."

He pinches the bridge of his nose and he's really thinking. I don't know what's been happening here for the last few years but it's like he's a changed man. I guess not having Justin around has affected him. He's more...caring...I guess, which is crazy. I would have thought that he would go insane and become the worst being on the face of earth searching for his mate.

"Okay," he says. "I will let you fix it but in the mean time you got to move him."

I nod and watch him walk away.

"It's not going to happen," Kevin says to me.

I turn around and glare. Then Kevin laughs and leaves as well. I go into the room. Emmett is sleeping and I sit next to him. I caress his face and the tears almost come out. But I won't cry. Not yet, not again. I will fix this. I know it's true. I can smell the way he's flesh is rotting away. Vampires don't smell like this, we're dead but we don't smell like nothing really. We're frozen in time.

"Michael," he whispers in his sleep.

"Sleep," I murmur back.

I get up and I go to my room. I search around for a few things that I need. I can make this right. All I have to do is go back a little, make sure that Emmett doesn't get in harms way and that would be that. I can also make a few arrangement to make sure to keep track of what's going on with Justin that way in this time, he's not missing. I have only used this spell once before...when I went to get Emmett the first time. He was so scared and confused but he trusted me and now I got to make sure he's okay.

I put everything in the table and start chanting. All I have to do after this is light the candle and then I will be transported back. I will do this as many times as I have to just to fix things. I light the candle and say the words, I close my eyes to concentrate on the time I want to go to. I feel my body moving and then it all stops. When I open my eyes I am in a room that seems to go for miles. Everything is so white in here. I wonder for a moment if this is heaven but dismiss the idea quickly. I don't know how am I going to get out of here.

“Michel,” A man dressed in white says.

I don't know where he came from.

“Who are you?” I ask a bit confused as to what's going on.

He sighs and rolls his eyes at me. He comes closer and licks his lips. “I'm getting tired of you, Michael,” he says in a deadly tone.

“I don't know you,” I tell him taking a step back. “How did I get in here?”

“I got you here,” he says.

“Okay, so do you want to kill me?” I ask.

He smiles so sweet that I smile a bit too.

“My name is Edward,” he says. “I am part of a clan. The Immortal Light,” he says and I know it. “Yes, where you draw your magic from. And no, I'm not going to kill you.”

“Okay,” I whisper.

“You've done this many times, Michael. You go back and you try to fix everything. It never works and it never will. You are making everything start from the beginning and this time we had enough. There is not going to be another time. Time traveling is banned for you. This time whatever happens...happens.”

I frown not sure what's going on. “I don't understand.”

Edward nods. “I know. Look, I'm going to explain this to you once again and this time I will allow you to remember everything. You can't tell anyone. If you do I will come for you and end you.”

I swallow. I'm not sure I want to know.

Edward comes closer to me and this time I don't back away. “Many years ago before you were turned you met Brian, before he was a vampire,” he relates.

I listen.

“At that time you and Emmett were getting into witchcraft and you guys were good,” Edward tells me. “You guys became friends and you and Brian were inseparable. Until one day Cassandra changed all that.”

I nod. I remember when she turned him. Brian came to me and I didn't know what to do. We tried magic but that didn't work.

“You tried to turn back time to help him but that didn't happen. In the process you killed Emmett and I know you loved him more than anything. Once Brian turned you, you went back in time. When he was younger and didn't know any of you, you got him out and brought him to your own time. Where he was alive and well and you turned him.”

“No,” I tell him. “Brian killed him. He...I didn't...”

“Oh yes, memories from this time,” Edward says. “The very first time, Michael. It was you. You guys weren't strong enough to do the spell and he suffered the consequences. Then once you got turned you went back for him. You had power then, a lot.”

I just stand there not sure what's going on anymore.

“And now here we are, you go back in time and things jump start again,” Edward says. “And in the beginning it all runs it course but wether is you or Brian or someone else, Emmett still dies and you still go back. Funny how life repeats itself.”

“I'm sorry,” I tell him not sure why.

“You keep messing all this,” Edwards says. “You can't let go. When Brian was gone. You searched the earth, didn't rest until you had the spell that would bring Brian back from hell.”

“I couldn't leave him there,” I tell him. “Not when I knew I could bring him back.”

“All those innocent people murder by your hand,” Edward says arching a brow. “Just to bring a vampire that could be destruction to the world.”

I just keep on listening. I nod when he seems to be thinking about what he's going to tell me next.

“You're always trying to fix everything and you're just fucking everything up,” Edward tells me and shrugs. “Just accept things as they are and move on!”

I frown not liking what I'm hearing.

“Brian and Justin are about to meet again and this time I won't let you stop everything so we go back to the beginning. We have orders that it has to stop. This is what it is and this time whether they become the end or not...it's what it is. The spell has been banned for you and everyone else.”

I lick my lips and don't know where to start. I have so many questions. “You said that I was banned from going back. Can I still do one last spell?”

He arches his brow as he stares at me.

“I just want to save Emmett, that's all. It's all my fault and I promise that I won't do anything else,” I tell him, begging. I got nothing else.

He seems to be thinking about it. “I'll tell you what. I'll fix what's wrong with Emmett and after that I don't want you making one single spell even if it is to save your life.”

“Agreed,” I say quickly.

Edward smiles and nods. “It's done.”

“He is okay?” I ask shocked.

Edward only nods. “Just remember what we talked about. I have no fear that you won't follow your word. We can see how much Emmett means to you.”

I nod quickly. He's my world.

Edward turns around, I guess ready to go but stops and walks to me. “When you go back home tell Ben not to worry so much about Justin's soul or demon. Tell him that what he is looking for is not inside that boy any longer. Tell him that the Justin of now is not the Justin of before. That Brian's mate...might not be him.”

“Really?” I ask so sad for my master. He will never live with that.

Edward shrugs. “The demon send to kill Brian is in another. I really don't know if Justin is still his mate. But if the demon is out I am thinking that maybe the other one is out too, probably waiting to be born or...I don't know. Lately a lot of things that didn't happen before are happening now.”

I nod slowly a bit confused about everything.

“Tell him to focus on how to kill a god. His energy would be spent better that way,” Edward says. “He's the only one that can do it.”

“Okay,” I reply softly. “How am I going back?”

He smiles and snaps his fingers and before I know it I am back in my room and Emmett is standing there opening drawers and searching for something.

“What are you doing?” I ask him.

“Oh, I was just looking for something to wear. This clothes are a bit dirty. I think I need a bath,” Emmett tells me smiling. “There were people in my room and you were right. I thought you were crazy when you talked about this future. But it's nice. I just...feel out of place,” he tells me. “I could smell you here. I just knew this was your room.”

I smile at that. He looks so shy. My Emmett, was always so impulsive and I know he still the same but is just so different sometimes.

I walk to him and caress his face. “I love you so much.”

Emmett just gives me one of his biggest smile ever.

“We'll worry about clothes later,” I tell him. “We got things to do.”

He nods and starts cleaning some of the mess he made.

I sit down on the bed and realize that I have to go tell Ben everything Edward said and then we got to do something to find master's mate. If it's Justin or someone else I will not rest until he is by father's side. Now that I have Emmett and he is fine my full energy will be focused on that. I wish I could go back and fix things but I guess I can't do that. From now on I will look forward and stop living in the past. From now on, whatever happens...I just got to let go.