Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Max’s POV

I smile as my mate caresses my face. Kevin is purring while burying his face on my chest. The door to our room opens and master comes in with only a pair of old, black jeans. He grins as he looks at us and then closes the door.

“Kevin,” he hisses and I know what’s coming.

He’s going to punish my mate for the spell we did. Yes, everything is going to be okay but we weren’t supposed to be dealing with magic or anything alike in the first place. Kevin is off of me in less than a second. He jumps in the bed and starts jumping on it. “I’m a bad boy,” he starts chanting.

“Out,” master says while he looks at me.

“But,” I try to say.

“Now,” he growls and I stand up and look at my mate.

“Be a good boy,” Kevin whispers and sits down on the bed.

I nod and go to our bathroom. I need a shower before I go anywhere. I let the warm spray cascade over me. I feel my body tingling as my mate starts screaming. I would be worried if it wasn’t because I know how much Kevin likes it when father punishes him. Plus I’m really enjoying it too. I can hear their groans and smell their sweet blood.

When I’m done I grab a towel and dry myself. I get out and see father has tied Kevin to the bed. He’s naked now and has a razor blade running up and down Kevin’s chest. He’s only teasing him; I can only imagine what’s to come. They stop and look at me and I move out of there quickly. I walk to Justin’s old room and can’t help but smile. The first thing I do is go to his closet and start looking through his clothes. I finally end up with a pair of black, leather pants and a dark blue, long sleeve sweater. It’s so soft against my skin. I don’t bother with shoes and go in search of the little bundle of joy.

When I find him, Justin is in Angela’s room. The door is open and Stephanie is inside watching Angela. I go inside and smile at them. Angela looks up and I wonder what has happened to her. Her face is puffy and it looks like she’s been crying all night. She has bags under her eyes and I can smell nothing but fear in her.

“All he does is eat,” I point out.

“Babies do that,” Stephanie tells me.

I nod slowly and walk closer to the pregnant woman. She grimaces and I stop.

“She doesn’t like us,” Stephanie says and smirks.

“And I care why?” I ask as I keep going and start running my hand over Justin’s head.

He’s stops sucking and I swear he feels who I am. I think he's happy that I'm not a threat to him because he goes back to eating.

“I’m hungry,” the woman says, so low, that if we didn’t have enhanced hearing we might have missed it.

“Stephanie,” Derek says in a grave voice. “Out, we need to talk.”

Like I’m going to stay here and strain to listen. So I go out as well and he starts talking. He tells us that Sebastian and his family are already settled. He's telling us how a few more vampires might come to stay with us, along with friends of the family. Whatever that means.

“How many people do we have?” Stephanie asks.

“Not enough,” Derek says. “Look, Wyatt called us and he said he knows what’s going on. They were attacked and lost many people but they managed to overtake them.”

Stephanie nods.

“They are going after our family,” Derek spits with anger. “Worldwide.”

“They agreed to go after our sire?” Stephanie asks.

“It’s because of the lies that Jericho has made,” Quinn says as he walks towards us. “He told them how Justin killed master and master didn’t do anything about it. How Brian and Justin are too dangerous for our kind to let stay alive.”

I listen to what he’s saying and wonder why Kevin hasn’t talked about this. Maybe he was too busy singing songs for Justin. Or maybe this is not going to present a big problem.

“Derek!” my sire yells and we all move to see what’s going on.

Stephanie takes her time to lock Angela’s door. Then she’s after us trying to find out what’s going on.

"We have to make sure my children are okay," Brian hisses as he paces like a wild animal in front of us.

"What happened?" I ask scared.

Kevin is sitting on the bed staring off to space.

"He practically said I would lose them," my sire answers me. "He was babbling so many things. I couldn't keep up. It's like he got hit by something big."

"And now...nothing?" Derek asks.

"Michael," Master suddenly says. "Find him. I don't care where he is. You’ve got to find him and bring him home."

"I will," Derek assures him.

I look at Master with sad eyes because my mate has become a freaking statue. Master walks to me and kisses me on the forehead.

"It will be okay, childe," he whispers before he ushers everyone out.

I stay back wondering what's happening to Kevin. I walk over to him slowly and touch his shoulder.

"Don't lose you," he says as he starts rocking. "You stay and I leave."

"What are you talking about?" I ask him. I so hate when he talks like this.

"Poison," Kevin whispers. "It's spreads. I saw too much. Too much! Through the clear glass."

I don't know what he's talking about. I'm going to ask him when suddenly he falls back. I quickly jump in bed and shake him a few times. I don't know what to make of this. There is a knock on the door and I get up to get it. Quinn is outside and I move out of the room and close the door so he doesn't see what's happening to Kevin.

"Max," Quinn says, his voice is filled with sadness. "Is everything okay?"

I look at the door and then back at him before I nod.

“There is something wrong,” Quinn tells me. “I mean, I know I’m not supposed to be here. When this happened the first time, I wasn’t here. But it’s not me. It’s something else.”

“I hate when you talk like this man,” I let him know. “I don’t understand half of what’s going on.”

“It’s déjà vu,” Quinn whispers. “Didn’t you ever felt it when you were alive?”

I nod slowly. There were moments in time when I did. I would look around me and felt like I had been through that situation before.

“So all of this already happened?” I ask.

“Many times,” Quinn tells me.

“Why are we going in circles?” I ask. “Why does it keep repeating then?”

Quinn shrugs. “I really don’t know.”

“I mean what’s the fucking point?” I ask. “Is it like a fucking movie? I mean, Justin makes the world end and someone hits rewind? What?”

“If I knew, you think I would be here trying to figure it out?” Quinn tells me.

I shake my head and walk back into my room. He irritates me sometimes just like Kevin does. For all the crap they see and all the stuff they know, they know shit. I look at Kevin not sure what I'm supposed to do. He’s whimpering and shaking his head, which I'm grateful for because he's still with me. I decide to go tell father anyways when he grabs his throat and growls. I go to him and caress his face. He looks at me and I gasp because it’s like he doesn’t recognize me.

“Tell me what’s wrong?” I ask.

“I’ll get out,” he tells me. “I’ll get out and kill everyone.”

“Huh?” I ask not sure what the hell he’s talking about.

“No one is going to stop me now,” he says and laughs.

Okay, this is not my Kevin. I know him. This is someone else and it’s scaring the crap out of me.

“Oh Gabriel,” he says. “You will scream the loudest. You won’t die. Not you. You will suffer through it all. You will have to kneel at your God’s feet and ask for forgiveness again and again. I’ll destroy them all.”

“Kevin,” I say but I’m backing away from him. “Stop it! Please, stop it!”

“My son,” he whimpers. “He’ll do it. He’ll help me. There is no stopping me now. Not ever,” Kevin says and stands up. “I will end this world. I will dry it out and nothing but ashes will lie atop.”

Kevin jumps in the bed and glares in my direction. “I won’t let you. I will do anything I have to do.”

“Oh my god,” I say. “You’ve lost it.”

“You won’t be able to touch him. He’s pure and you don’t deserve him,” Kevin hisses angrily. “I will strike you down like I should have a long time ago.”

Kevin jumps from the bed and kneels on the floor. He starts laughing and shaking his head. “I’m eternal, Gabriel. You can’t touch me. No one can and my son is like me. He will find his way back to me.”

Okay, so Kevin is being used as some kind of medium between two people or he’s just living what’s happening now somewhere, or happened or is going to fucking happen. I stay quiet and listen because this might help us somehow.

“This will kill him,” Kevin says as once again he’s in the bed. “This can’t happen. He will be eaten alive. How can you be so selfish?”

I gasp when I see Kevin’s ears start to bleed. I feel like I’ve just been stabbed in the heart. “Kevin! Pull out of it, now.”

“Then so be it,” Kevin says from the floor. “This is my time. This is my revenge. I would have given everything I know. I would have changed, Gabriel. I had changed. I went against my own kind and how do I get paid? I get betrayed like I’m nothing. No type of respect, not even a chance to prove myself because you’re too pathetic; too weak.”

“Kevin!” I yell as I move to grab him.

I start shaking him hoping he will snap out of it. Kevin pushes me back but what really has me worried is the fact that he didn’t use his hands. It’s some kind of power. Oh goddamn it! Do things have to get more complicated? He walks over to me and arches a brow.

“Mmm, looks like someone is listening to us,” Kevin says and then his body drops to the floor as well as I do.

I crawl to him and he has his eyes closed. “God, Kevin. Please, be okay.”

I try forever, well it feels like that, to wake him up but nothing happens. So I pick him up and lay him on the bed. I feel like someone is choking me right now and I know he's in pain. I hope this was something that won't repeat itself. It scared me to death, losing him is more horrible than staring face to face at master while he's angry.

I step out of the room wondering what's going on with him. It's nothing but utter chaos in this place ever since we did the spell. Maybe it's going to come after us and bite us in the ass. Maybe it is just pure coincidence. I go down the hallway and from afar, hear a lot of people talking. I make my way to the entrance of the estate and realize that there are a lot of vampires getting ready for what's to come.

“Hey,” Quinn says as he walks towards me with his duvet wrapped tightly around him. “I can’t sleep.”

I wish that was my problem. I'm too worried about what's happening to Kevin. I don't know what I'm going to do. What if it happens again? What if he bleeds to death?

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Yeah," I mutter.

We lean against the railing as we look at everything that’s happening on the foyer. There are about forty or more vampires down there. Some are Sebastian and Cross' family, some are from our own kind and others are from blood I've never smelled before. I guess they want to be on master's side. I can feel humans down there as well, I guess slaves. Then there are the ones that are not either human, vampire or demons...they're nothing I’ve ever seen in my life. Their skin is oily and paper white; their fingers are long, about six inches and bony. They are dressed in black cloaks and their heads are covered by the hoods. You can’t see what they look like except for a faint, reddish glow which I guess are their eyes.

There are three wooden tombs that look like they are about to break at any second now. Some vampires are looking at it with their swords out, ready for anything while the hooded men/things chant over them. I turn to Quinn who has a frown in place.

“Do you know what’s inside of those?” I ask him.

“Derek was talking about them,” he whispers. “They are vampires…the first ones to be born.”

“Are they powerful?” I ask.

He nods. "They are."

"What are they doing in those coffins?" I ask, not sure where they came from.

"They are locked away for everyone’s protection," he says.

"Why?" I ask.

“They are untamed,” he tells me. “They are not like us; their demon possess them completely. Those are Cain’s babies, nothing but pure evil. There used to be legions of them before, but were killed one by one until only a dozen remained scattered around the world. Only brave men went after them knowing that sometimes they might not come back. They have wings and claws and...shit I think they are twice the size Ben was. So just imagine that.”

I listen to him as I look back at the boxes.

“If they were to turn a human they would become a monster too, not like us,” Quinn adds quickly. “They said that some God took one of them and they bore a child. That child linked himself with humans and that’s how vampires were born. Jericho comes from a line where babies were born as vampires. Over time they vanished and only we remain. But like Jericho, there still are some pure ones around. They think they are the ones that deserve to be in charge of everything.”

“I see,” I whisper.

“Those three belong to master. They were down in the subterranean vault,” he tells me.

“So why take them out now?” I ask. “If they can't control them?”

“You see those cloaked witches?” Quinn asks. “They used to be human once but sold their soul for eternal life and that’s what they became. They are powerful. They can put a spell over those creatures and they can be controlled.”

“So they will fight for us?” I ask.

Quinn nods. “If the spells gets broken, they will go after everyone, no matter what.”

“Risky move,” I mutter.

“What are you guys doing here?” Ewan asks behind us.

I frown and then look at Quinn. “Uh,” I say turning back towards him. “We’re just looking.”

“Go back to your rooms,” he tells us.

I nod and move quickly to make sure that Kevin is okay. When I get there, it is to find Kevin in our bed bleeding from his eyes, mouth, nose and ears. I start crying knowing that if this keeps up I’m going to lose it. I know it. I feel a million pins biting at my heart. This can’t happen to us. It can’t. I love him so much. I’ll do anything for him.

“It could have been different, you know that,” Kevin mutters. “So different.”

I quickly move away and exit my room. I think of going to master but he has plenty to deal with on his plate. I think of who can help me and nobody comes to mind. I’m so desperate right now. I wonder what Quinn will say but he probably won’t know what to do either. He didn’t even know that something was happening with Kevin. I decide it’s best to call my sire and then I stop. I know who can help me.

I make my way quickly to the basement. There is a bigger mess down here than before. I guess it's because they were hauling those big ass coffins out of here. I reach the chambers where the blue demon and the cow are. The demon raises his head a bit and stares at me.

"I need to talk to you," I say.

I know all the knowledge that he possesses. I know he might know what's happening to Kevin.

"Go away," he whispers.

“Something is happening,” I say.

Zeke closes his eyes and ignores me. I know he’s not going to help me. Why would he? He doesn’t care. All he probably thinks about is revenge against us and nothing more.

“It’s’ really important,” I tell him. “It’s…my mate.”

That’s still gets me nothing.

“Fuck,” I whisper.

I look at the cow and for a moment I know how Zeke is feeling. My mate is slowly bleeding to death while possessed by two things that I don’t know about. I can’t help him and it’s killing me. The man has his arms hanging above him. We’ve tortured him plenty of times. He’s missing all his toes and only has three fingers left. They all have been burnt to stop him from bleeding. He’s covered in dried blood all over. He has new and old scars mapping his skin. He’s really skinny, his ribs protruding from his body. He’s missing an eye and his cock. We feed him from time to time and give him water so he doesn’t die on us. When father says he’s going to torture someone, he really means it. This cow is the perfect picture of misery.

“I’ll kill him,” I say to Zeke.

That gets a response. He turns to look at me.

“He’s suffering,” I say. “It’s hell for him here,” I whisper. “I’ll end it if you help me.”

I see Zeke looking at his lover and then at me. “Promise me.”

I nod. “I will. It will be fast so he doesn’t suffer anymore. Please, help me.”

“What?” Zeke asks.

I quickly tell him what’s happening to Kevin. He sighs and shakes his head.

“There is nothing you can do,” Zeke tells me. “He’s going to die. The people that could have helped him are long gone.”

“What do you mean?” I ask making two fists.

“They are not here anymore,” Zeke informs me. “They were taken away.”

“I don’t get it,” I say.

Zeke sighs and looks at his man again. “It’s a crystal called oratio sonare. It's really a small thing, but it has a lot of power. And to destroy it you need someone to call on it."

I keep silent thinking on how I'm going to manage that. "Why is it happening to him?"

"Maybe he was trying to look where he shouldn't have," he tells me. "The crystal locks into the person peering. It's a safety device. They are used when someone wants to talk and doesn't want anybody to know about it. He's not strong enough to fight its power."

"He risked himself for Justin," I whisper. "That has to be why."

I hear Zeke growling. "He's the end of the world."

"He's more than you think," I say. "You don't know half of the shit we're going through right now. Kevin was only trying to help and I'll help him now."

"You can't," Zeke tells me smirking. "I guess I'm not the only one that's going to lose a lover."

"What do you mean I can't?" I ask alarmed.

"Those crystals don't belong to just anyone," he says and grins. "They belong to angels. Tell me, you're a vampire, how are you going to get to heaven?"

"Maybe...it's...being used...here," I said and I know I'm stuttering.

"Angels don't bother to come down here anymore," he informs me. "They don't care about this world; haven't for a long time."

"Fuck you," I tell him.

"Look, there is nothing that you can do," he says.

"Wait," I tell him. "Why did you say that the people that could help me are gone?"

"Gods," he says. "They are all gone now. So there is nobody that can help you. They created the things and they can find it. They call on it's power like to tell it to stop doing what it's doing."

"Any God?" I ask.

"I guess," he says. "It's all about power and blah, blah, blah."

I chuckle at that. Yes, the same crap as always. God, what the fuck am I going to do now? I stare at him for a few seconds and I know he's telling me the truth. I turn around and walk over to the cow. In seconds I snap his neck and then I'm walking out of there. I stop at the door and turn back to see Zeke's tears running down. I'm not going to be him. I'll save Kevin one way or another. I go upstairs and I'm heading to my room when Quinn intercepts me.

"I...so I had this vision," he says and swallows. "I...someone is fixing this as they go," Quinn says. "The thing that wants to get out is using magic to do what he wants...get free. He's using whatever power he can. And then there is something protecting us, fighting it back. That's why we're repeating our lives over and over again. They are fighting each other and we're in the fucking middle."

"Who's helping us?" I ask.

Quinn shrugs. "I don't know."

Great...just fucking great.

"I went looking for you in your room and..." he says and stops.

"So, you know what's happening to Kevin," I whisper.

"I do now," he says. "Kind of."

"How do I fix it?" I ask.

"Tell me," Quinn says. "Did Kevin ever tell you about Gods."

I shake my head and then it hits me.

"Ben," I whisper.

Which means that we have to do another spell.

"You know," he says smirking. "I know we're vampires but should we be this obsessed into punishment? Because they are so going to when they find out that we have disobeyed orders yet again."

Shit, that’s fucking great.

"And even more so when they know we used Kevin's brother," Quinn tells me smiling. "Master wanted to punish him."

I smirk at that. "We are so going to get it."

And I really don't care. I have to save Kevin no matter what I have to do.