Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Song Lyrics- Don't Leave Me This Way by Thelma Houston and inspired by the mad soundtracking skillz of Xanntonya the super beta.

 

Brian's POV
Friday 4:30 pm

The next thing I remembered was Justin's mouth on my cock.  If I could figure out a way to market him as an alarm clock, we'd be rich men.

Slow and sensuous, he licked up the length with the flat of his tongue.  I groaned and opened my eyes.  His blond hair glowed in the fading sunlight.  I thought maybe that was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen until he proved me wrong and looked up into my eyes, my cock buried between his sweet lips, his eyes full of lust, love, and need.

Seeing that I was awake he increased his pace, stroking gently with his hand and feathering his tongue around my swollen head.  It wasn't long before my hands were tangled in his hair, pushing him to go deeper.  When his hand dipped lower to gently tug and fondle my balls I lost all control. I threw my head back and moaned, thrusting up into his mouth.  He swallowed me, taking every drop of come down his throat.

Justin crawled up the bed and lay beside me; his lips curled into that self satisfied shirk he gets every time he blows me. I turned and pulled him to me.

"Not bad." I teased.

He laughed and playfully pushed at my shoulder. "Asshole."

"You're early." he said, casting a self conscious look around the messy room.

I kissed his lips, tasting myself.  "You complaining?" I decided to ignore the state of the apartment… for now."

"No, but… I was going to clean." he started, obviously embarrassed.

I shrugged and he let it go, relaxing against me.  I reached for his open pack of cigarettes, lit one, took a drag and passed it to Justin.  He inhaled deeply and passed it back, that silly smirk back on his lips.  I had decided to kiss it off his face, but when I bent down to kiss him his stomach growled loudly.

I laughed and put out the cigarette.  I leaned into him.  "Let's go feed the insatiable beast."  Then, seeing that his cock was hard beneath the sheet I palmed him, pressing firmly and loving the little moan I was rewarded with.  "And we'll attend to this one later."

Justin's POV
New York City
Friday 9:45 pm

It wasn't until we were in the cab, headed for Crave that I remembered Brian's meeting and asked how it went.

"It went well.  They were impressed with our pitch. Now we just play the waiting game." he shrugged then smiled his patented Brian Kinney cocky grin. "But I'm confidant they'll sign."

I wanted to ask if he'd fucked the client after his pitch, but didn't.  I didn't really want to know.  We hadn't really discussed tricking during our separation.  I assumed it would happen and never bothered to negotiate otherwise.  I knew he loved me; that his heart belonged to me alone.  But he was still Brian Kinney and I refused to ask him to be anything but who he was.

As we sat in the cab Brian looked at me, feeling my silence.  He took hold of my chin and turned me to face him, furrowing his brow.  He looked deep into my eyes, seemingly searching for something.  Then his face cleared and he smiled, apparently having found what he was looking for.  I smiled in return, wanting him to feel the joy I felt simply sitting beside him.  Quietly his lips found mine and we kissed away the shadow that had been looming.

Brian's POV
Crave, New York
Friday 10:20 pm

When we walked into Crave I knew exactly why Justin had fallen in love with the place.  It was exquisite, every inch designed for comfort.  The lighting was low with small intimate lamps on each table.  The lounge was elegant with an almost bohemian flare; done in rich shades of garnet, sage and plum.  But the bohemian aspect was truly showcased in the private, curtained room we were shown to.

I cocked an eyebrow at Justin and he smiled back.  I hadn't been expecting something so intimate when he had said the club catered mainly to the business sect.  I had expected elegant… but this was something more.  This was a place of business and pleasure; and I found myself wondering who was doing their advertising.

"What do you think? Justin asked as the hostess closed the curtain behind us. 

"Ms. Robarts could have a goldmine on her hands." I admitted, looking around the sumptuous room.  "Provided she's marketing herself correctly, of course." I grinned and Justin laughed, knowing I was already formulating a brilliant campaign.  I had missed that sound.

"Kinda reminds you of a genie bottle, doesn't it?" he asked as we sat on the padded floor.  I pulled him close and leaned back against a giant cushion.  "Does this mean you'll be granting wishes tonight, Sunshine?" I growled in his ear.

He blushed.  It amazed me when I thought of the million different ways I had taken Justin…that Justin had taken me; and he stilled blushed when I flirted with him.  Justin was an enigma.  Maybe that's why I can't ever get enough of him.

Justin's POV
Crave, New York
Friday 11:10 pm
  

Brian leaned back against the cushions like a satisfied sultan, drinking wine and looking at me with lust filled eyes.  We had eaten a delicious meal and I was straddling his lap, feeding him his desert; fresh strawberries and cream.  He teased me, sucking my fingers and lapping the dripping juice as I popped each berry into his mouth.  His lips were wet and full and I couldn't help but kiss them, loving the feel of them against me.  I moaned involuntarily as his tongue sought mine and tangled sweetly.  He tasted of wine and berry juice.  I breathed him in; wanting him inside of me, his smell, his taste, his touch, and his cock; all of him.  I had missed his intensity, my insatiable need for him.

He slowly pulled back from the kiss and looked into my eyes.  "I missed you, Justin."  He bent his head, leaned his forehead against mine and closed his eyes.  I smiled and enjoyed his touch, my eyes slipping closed.

Brian's POV
Crave, New York
11:34 Friday

Justin was smiling from ear to ear as he took my hand and led me out onto the dance floor; throwing mischievous glances over his shoulder as we pushed our way through the crowd.  Every eye in the place followed our progression and watched as we came together and moved to the pulsing beat.  I closed my eyes and lost myself in him.  It was always like that when we danced.  I could feel the music, the bodies pressing close; wanting to touch, to feel, maybe be invited in.  But all I knew was Justin; our bodies united, swaying and grinding.

I don't know how long we danced but sometime later I felt someone come close to Justin.  It was a man; he looked a little older than Justin.  But, it was difficult to judge because Justin looked perpetually twelve.  The man was brunet, with startling blue eyes.  He smiled at Justin and leaned close, talking into his ear over the pulsing music. 

I felt myself growing irrationally annoyed at the bold stranger; and even more so when Justin smiled back at him.  Justin nodded and touched his arm, as if in thanks and Blue Eyes disappeared into the crowd, with smile and nod in my direction.  Justin smiled at me, took my hand and led me in the direction that Blue Eyes had gone. 

'What the fuck?' I thought.

Justin led me to the side of the room and behind a screen designed to lessen the thump from the club music and allow conversation.  The place really was brilliantly designed.  There were tables and booths, more intimate spaces to sit and talk.   Blue Eyes was nowhere to be found and I wondered where he went.  It had been awhile since Justin and I had picked up a trick together.  I was warming to the idea; Blue Eyes really was hot, when Justin pulled me over to a round booth up on a dais where a woman sat alone.  She smiled, hugged Justin warmly, and then turned to me.

"You must be the infamous Brian Kinney." she said, offering me her hand.  I shook it, realizing at once who she was.

"Ms. Robarts. Justin speaks highly of your passion." I said dryly.

She laughed and ushered us into the booth.  She was a tiny woman.  Probably no more than five foot two and slim, but her breasts were enormous and displayed prominently in the V of her exquisite Dolce and Gabbana suit.  One certainly couldn't fault her fashion sense. I thought.  But for some reason I continued to watch her.  I understood this business.  Her passion was other people's passions.  But I needed to make sure that the woman Justin obviously idolized wouldn't end up disappointing him.  I had done enough of that for two of Justin's lifetimes.

Despite all that Justin had been through he was still a trusting soul.  I intended to make sure he stayed that way.  Crave may be a goldmine, but I wasn't blind.  Justin had told me himself, if it can be bought, they can provide it.  And Ms. Robarts had filled the place full of eye candy for each and every niche and kink.

I flashed back on Justin's short career as a go-go dancer at Babylon, before it was mine.  Sap and his fucking parties.  Justin didn't know it, but I knew what happened that night.  Sap's parties were infamous and I had no trouble getting someone to tell me all about the hot eye candy Sap had provided, how they were so willing… pliable; well, except for the feisty one.

My gut clenched.  I also knew what had happened to the other boy, the boy in the swing, the one who hadn't gotten away.  That could have been Justin.  Justin in the hospital, with wounds so deep it hurt my heart to even think about.  But no, my Sunshine had fought back, kicked his way out and never looked back.  I on the other hand added that night to the long list of times I had failed him. I wasn't going to allow Justin to be hurt again

Justin and his boss talked while I watched, nodding and smiling when it was appropriate, trying to stay detached.  Megan Robarts was polished; business from head to toe.  But her face was open and she seemed genuinely interested as Justin told her about his newest project.

"So, Brian, tell me what you think of Crave." she prompted and looked me in the eye.

Justin's POV
Crave, New York
Saturday, 12:45 am

I watched as Brian watched Megan.  The relaxed and aroused man I had been dancing with was gone.  In his place was Mr. Business; his face carefully arranged to reveal nothing.  But I could feel the tension in his body.  I sensed the predator, the protector.  I had to allow this. Allow Brian to be Brian.

Across the room I saw a few friends by the bar and decided to go say hi.  Brian stood and let me out of the booth.  I gently caressed his cheek and kissed his full lips.  Briefly I glimpsed my satisfied sultan in his eyes before he mimicked my touch and gently touched his forehead to mine. 

"I'll be back." I whispered.  He nodded almost imperceptibly.

"Be careful." he whispered back and I wondered why Brian suddenly seemed so afraid for me.

Brian's POV
Crave, New York
Saturday 12:50 am

I watched Justin disappear into the crowd and then sat down, my heart beating just a little faster.  I wondered why I felt like it was the last time I would see him.

Megan was quiet.  I could feel her gaze on my face, watching the emotions I was suddenly having trouble hiding.  Maybe I really was a lesbian, I scoffed.

Softly, Megan tried to reengage the conversation we had been having.  "So, you were saying something, Brian… about the menu?"

I looked around the room, watching, and thinking.  I caught a glimpse of a pretty blond waitress flirting with a huge hulk of a customer.  I watched as the man slipped folded bills into her bra as she leaned down and spoke into his ear.  I looked away and into Ms. Robart's expectant eyes.

"The menu is delectable, Ms. Robarts; and quite… extensive." I commented coolly, my emotions now in check.

"Please, call me Megan." she smiled.

I smiled back, sardonically.  "Ok." I paused and she opened her full red lips to say something, but apparently my emotions weren't as in check as I thought because I cut her off.

"So… tell me…Megan.  Just how … extensive is your menu?"  I asked.  She started to answer but I interrupted, knowing that what was about to come out of her mouth was not what I meant.  "Justin tells me… if it can be bought, Crave will provide it.  Is that right?"

She smiled and opened her mouth to answer but I wasn't done.

"I mean… I'm wondering ….if sometimes, for the right price, your extensive menu might include your staff?" I asked, looking her in the eye.  Again, she tried to speak.

"Don't bullshit me, Megan." I whispered.  She didn't flinch.

"Justin told me you were a force to be reckoned with." she said, shaking her head.  "Brian, let me tell you something." I waited while she lit a cigarette, eyebrow raised expectantly.

"I'm not going to bullshit you, Brian.  You know the business.  You live it… you own it."

I nodded and gestured for her to continue.

"This lounge, this club, we cater to people and their desires, their cravings.  And yeah, occasionally, and of their own free will… sometimes that includes my staff."

I felt my gut clench but she continued and put her hand on my forearm.

"The wait staff Brian…the wait staff, which is why Justin is behind the bar.  My Bartenders and Hostesses are never available. The others, well…" she shrugged "We have an understanding."

I snorted, about to question just what the fuck she was talking about.

"Listen, I approached Justin because he is beautiful.  But I ended up talking to Justin for over two hours that afternoon because he's also intelligent, funny, a brilliant artist and very charming."  She laughed. "After two seconds of speaking with Justin I knew he was more than just his pouty lips and perfect ass."

I looked at her, in her eyes, searching for honesty, trying to push back my innate nature to distrust.  I wanted her to be telling the truth because I wanted Justin happy… I wanted him safe.

"Well, he does have a perfect ass." I admitted.

She pulled deeply from her cigarette and looked at me.  "You don't have to worry about Justin, not with me Brian.  He is safe with me."  She paused, but I knew she wasn't finished.

"The two of you…. you're beautiful together." she said softly, intense… making sure I heard every word.  "Watching you dance together…. seeing the way you communicate without words.  You don't see soul mates very often Brian, especially in this line of work.  But the two of you… what you have is indescribable."       

We were silent for some time.  It was strange having this conversation with her.  I really wasn't one for sharing, especially with strangers.  But I felt as though she knew me, or at least understood me, some of the grittier parts of me that even I don't like to examine too closely.

Megan put out her cigarette and motioned to the dance floor.  Justin stood under a spotlight, dancing.  He was lost in the music, his eyes closed, the edges of his lips curved up in a smile.  I couldn't look away.  Indescribable.

"Don't let a single moment go Brian.  I can tell you from experience… life is long when your soul mate isn't there."

I smiled, thinking of the past two weeks.  A new song started, one I recognized... remixed for the club crowd but the words spoke to me.  I stood, looked at Megan and smiled.

"Thank You."

She smiled in return. "I'll look after him, Brian. You have my word." And I believed her.  I turned and walked out onto the dance floor… toward the sun.

"Don't.. leave me this way
I can't survive
I can't stay alive
Without your love, oh baby"

I came in behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist. I felt him lean back against me and I sighed, feeling more at ease.

"Don't leave me this way, no
I can't exist
I'll surely miss
Your tender kiss
Don't leave me this way"

The music sped up and we moved together, the world forgotten, his body pressed to mine.  Megan was right.  I would wait an eternity for Justin if I had to….. but I didn't understand why I had to. I decided I had to talk to him. But then his wicked lips found mine and I just soaked up the sunshine.

"Baby!...My heart is full of love and desire for you
Now come on down and do what you've gotta do
You started this fire down in my soul
Now can't you see it's burnin', outta control
Come and satisfy the need in me
'Cause only your good lovin' can set me free"

Chapter End Notes:
TBC