Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Brian’s POV:

Last night was pretty much a waist of time. I again spent the whole night waiting for Justin to come down. He never did though. Which I was completely pissed about. I did not want to have to go up to the dancing level. But now it seems that I have no other choice. He’s just going to keep avoiding me and anywhere that he thinks I’ll be, and he knows I was down there waiting for him. Damn it!

"Brian? You who?" I hear Mikey sing song.

"Humh?" I reply. I am just so eloquent this morning.

"Where were you?" he asks with a smile.

"I was just thinking about an account I am working on." I completely lie. I haven’t thought of any of the accounts that need to be taken care of. I mean these things have to be done by tomorrow and I have nothing. Absolutely nothing! He’s all I can think about. I am so fucked.

"Oh. Well do you think you could give me a ride over to the comic store?" he asks and I nod my head.

"Sure." I say looking at my watch and noticing that I have to get going now if I am going to be on time. "But we have to go now or I’ll be late." I say moving out of the booth and slipping my coat on.

"K." he says. While shoveling two huge spoonfuls of eggs and hash browns into his mouth.

"Jesus Mikey! That’s fucking disgusting." I tell him, with a sour look on my face.

"What?" he asks around the mouth full of food, looking up to me with complete innocense’s. He doesn’t even realize the fact that he just shoveled the equivalent of four bites into two, so I just shake my head and motion towards the door.

"Let’s go." I say and he follows me out to the Jeep and we take off for the comic store.

"So did you get that account figured out?" Mikey asks me.

"I’m still tweaking it a little." I tell him vaguely. I don’t particularly want any one knowing how fucked over I am. Him bringing it up to me though is finally bringing it to the forefront of my mind. We make it to the shop quickly.

"So you coming to Forever Young tonight?" he jumps out and asks me, and despite my better judgement of knowing I have work that I have to do I still answer.

"Yeah I’ll meet you at the diner as usual."

"Alright then I’ll see you later." he says with a smile and closes the Jeep door as I take off for my own personal hell. You know I usually love my job but, with the way my brain has been defying me lately the office is turning into my own personal hell. I know what’s waiting for me when I get there. Vance is going to be on my ass first thing when I walk through the door and I am going to have to talk out of my ass to get him to leave me alone for two seconds to even attempt to get an idea for these accounts. I shake my head and turn up the radio so that nothing else can get through my brain right now and just drive. Before I know it I am at the agency heading for my corner office. I see Cynthia stand up as she see’s me coming. I grab the coffee she offers, and head straight for my door. She follows close behind and I hear the door click shut and I breath just a little bit easier. I have managed to get into the building and into my office and actually sit down at my desk which I have just done without Vance cornering me. I put my briefcase down and looked up to see Cynthia with a huge grin on her face. Not being able to figure out why on earth she would have that kind of look when I am sure Vance has already been breathing down her neck about where I am, where are the new boards at, blah, blah, blah.

"What’s with the fucking grin? Did someone get laid this morning?" I say teasingly.

"Brian be serious." I chuckle at her. Ever since she broke up with what’s his face she has been extremely touchy.

"Fine, fine." I say and motion for her to continue.

"It just still amazes me at how brilliant you are." she says shaking her head slightly. Ok now I’m a little confused....I mean sure I am brilliant always have been but as far as I know I haven’t done anything even remotely brilliant in the last week. I feel my brow furrow as I ask.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Oh please... modesty is not becoming for you." she smiles.

"No seriously I have no idea what the fuck you’re talking about." I say sitting back.

"You know the new boards." she says pointing to the other side of my office. I look over and my mouth literally falls open, I’m pretty sure my eyes are going to drop out of their sockets. I have no idea what’s going on. There are 9 boards displayed on easels and they are amazing. The art work is astounding. I walk over to them and read over the slogans and I am incredibly impressed. Which is not something that happens often. These are perfect everything that I would hope for.

"I set up a meeting with Vance in about an hour. Just think you can rub it in his face once again that you always come through." she says proudly. I slowly turn away from the boards and look at her. I know I look dumb founded.

"What’s wrong? Did you still want to tweak them cause I think you really did a perfect job."

"I didn’t do this. I have no idea where these came from." I blurt out, and she looks a little dumb founded now. I turn back to look at the boards and marvel at the talent.

"If you didn’t do this then who....."

"I have no fucking clue? But you’re right they are fucking amazing." my mind is racing trying to figure out who in this office has this amount of talent. Because I am sorry to say that as far as I have seen non of our current employee’s could’ve possibly come up with something so incredible. As I look over the picture I notice the letters JT At the bottom. I turn to Cynthia.

"Cynthia do you know any employees with the name or the initials JT?" I ask her. She furrows her brow in concentration.

"I’m not sure, why?"

"See here?" I say pointing to the initials. She nods her head. "Well this is who’s responsible. So I need you to find all the employee’s with these initials, or name JT. Now." I say moving back to the boards.

"I’ll get right on it boss."

"And Cyn, move up that meeting with Vance until we find out who’s done this."

"Sure thing." I hear the soft click of my office door again and I am just to stunned to move. Whoever did these boards has an amazing imagination and talent for advertising and I am wondering how they have been over looked and why they haven’t down right put their full name out for the credit. I am so confused, but extremely impressed. I can’t believe they are being so secretive. They need to be moving up the ladder here not hiding behind someone else. I mean shit I may be an ass hole but I am not one to take credit for something that I have nothing to do with, and this I have nothing to do with. I do however want to work with this person. I hear my door open again and look over to see Cynthia entering.

"There is no one with the name JT. But there is one person with the initials J.T. I have ordered them up here. They should be here in about five minutes."

"Where are they coming from?"

"The art department." I nod my head.

"Are they new here?"

"No actually it’s Jacob Tanner." we both grimace. There is just no way in the world that these brilliant ideas came from that man. He is worse than the fuck up twins put together twice over.

"And your sure he is the only one with those initials? There are no other possibilities?" I ask in disbelief. I watch her shake her head in the negative.

"I check threw the entire data base. He’s it." I shake my head feeling a headache coming on.

"Well send him in when he gets here." I say sitting down at my desk and reaching into my desk for the aspirin. I take about 7 or 8 and down them with a tiny bit of JB I have hidden in the same drawer. I lean my head back and close my eyes, but before I know it the buzzer is going off signaling Jacob is here. I hit the intercom and tell her to send him in. I sit up and become all business in two seconds flat. I see him walk into the office some what cowering. I motion for him to have a seat, he does so.

"So Jacob do you have any idea as to why you are here?" he shakes his head.

"No sir." he answered tentatively. I motion to the boards and watch him very closely as he looks over to the boards.

"Well?" I question. But he looks as confused as I was when I first saw them. He looks back to me and says very uncertainly.

"They are very nice?" he says more questioningly.

"Yes they are absolutely perfect." I say, I stand up and move over to the boards.

"Was there something you wanted me to do sir?" he asks.

"I was wondering if you were the one that did this."

"I don’t know what you mean sir, these boards never passed my desk, if that’s what you’re asking."

"I didn’t think so." I mutter under my breath more perplexed now than before. If it wasn’t him then who else could’ve done this?

"Excuse me did you...." I cut him off then.

"That’ll be all Tanner." I say not even bothering a second glance. After a couple of minutes I hear a light tap at my door.

"Well?" Cynthia asks.

"It wasn’t him." is all I say.

"What do you want me to do Brian? Vance is still waiting to see the boards." fuck this day is just getting worse by the minute. What the fuck to do?

 

FYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYF

Justin’s POV:

My mind has been totally distracted from the moment I saw Brian’s nameplate. I can’t believe how he has seemingly infiltrated so many areas of my life. I can’t believe that I dance at the club his friends own, janitor for his company not to mention the fact that I poured all my ideas out for him, then there is the fact that he knows Deb, who is like a second mom to me. He’s everywhere.

But really I am finding myself nervous over that fact more than anything else. I don’t know how to get away from him. I find myself constantly thinking about him dreaming about him, and fantasizing about him every time I need to get off. Like this morning I woke up to my alarm clock screaming at me and when I rolled over to curl myself around the body I had dreamt I made lo.....fucked and fell asleep with, and then rolled over to an empty bed, I felt so completely alone. More so than ever before. I wanted to wake up to Brian lying in my bed, to his warm body lying next to me, maybe even curled around me.

"Mr. Taylor." I hear and snap out of my thoughts. And look over my shoulder to see Professor Garran. He points to my canvas. "That’s excellent work." he says. I look at the canvas for what feels like the first time and I see non other than Brian Kinney staring back at me. My mouth falls open and I am just so confused I didn’t even realize I was painting anything at all let alone Brian. But it is quite beautiful, he is quite beautiful. I love the way I got his eyes they seem to sparkle back at me, and it makes butterflies go wild in my stomach.!!!!!!!!!!! See? Do you see what this is doing to me? My god butterflies. Fucking butterflies? What the fuck I have never had anything like this happen to me before. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I don’t know why I am so surprised, he is completely taking over my mind slowly but surely so I should’ve expected this. But then again I have never just completely zoned out and did a painting with total accuracy. I mean it’s him every line every hair every twinkle. It’s all there; staring right back at me.

"I’m impressed. No model yet it is beautifully done. I think we will be able to get this one into the show this weekend. What do you think?"

"Oh Mr. Garran I don’t know about that." I say.

"No seriously Mr. Taylor I think it is no doubt one of your best pieces. We definitely have to have it in the show. After all their will be some major critics and gallery owners looking for the next big artiste’."

"Alright if you think so." I agree. I figure it’s not like Brian, or anyone he knows will be there so I have nothing to worry about.

"Good. I’m glad you agree. Now just leave that here and I will get it all framed and organized since it is last minute." he says and moves onto the next student. I start to daze off again, but thankfully I hear professor Garran giving instructions to get cleaned up and put our things away. I have two more classes to get through and I have absolutely no clue as to how I am going to make it. I can’t keep a straight thought in my head, other than Brian Kinney.

Lunch time.

I thought I would run down to the diner today for lunch since I had promised Deb I would get back to her for a visit and I figured that it is the safest time to go in and not run into Mr. Kinney.

"Sunshine! Hey baby how are you doin today?" she says coming over and taking me into a bear hug, I swear the woman is going to break some bones one day. When she releases me and I can breath again.

"I’m good. I had a little bit of time between classes so I thought I would come in for that visit I promised you." I tell her as she plants me on a stool at the counter.

"Well I am extremely happy to see you. I have missed our talks... so tell me everything that’s been going on in your life for the last while."she says placing a cup of coffee in front of me. As I put the sugar and cream into my coffee I open my mouth to reply when suddenly I realize that I have so much to hide that I don’t know what is ok to tell her. So I start off slowly.

"Well I got a new job last week."

"Oh that’s great sunshine. Better money?" she asks.

"Yeah a lot better actually; which will take a lot of pressure off me for bills and things. So I am pretty happy about that."

"So your not doing the janitor job anymore?" see she doesn’t know about my dancing. I just couldn’t bare to see a look of disappointment in her eyes so all she knows about is my job at the janitor agency.

"Um no I still work there I just got an extra job for the weekends."

"Oh Justin honey you are working yourself to hard baby you need to take a rest before you end up hurting yourself. She tells me looking sad at the possibility.

"Deb don’t worry. I am almost done with school and then I can get out into the real work place and then maybe it will get a little better. I mean at least I will have a couple degrees under my belt and will hopefully only have to have one job. It’s almost over I can make. I’ve made it this far, haven’t I?" I say in a soothing voice trying to get her to stop worrying.

"I know you’re old enough to make your own decisions. I just worry that you are pushing yourself to hard. After all you have two jobs and are working threw college for two degrees. Of course I am going to worry it is just to much for one person to take on." she says. I sigh knowing that she wont stop worrying about me no matter what I say. "Ok sunshine I’ll let this go for now but I want you to come to my house for dinner Sunday night." I look at her startled. After all the years I have known her she has never invited me to her house. Why now? Not to mention I have to work at the club Sunday nights.

"I can’t..." she shakes her finger in my face.

"There is no I can’ts when I invite someone to my house for dinner I expect them to come period."

"But Deb I have to work that night." I tell her trying to get myself out of this. I mean it’s a great invitation and I’m honored but I’m not big on this whole dinner idea. It makes me feel really uncomfortable actually.

"Don’t worry hon, dinner starts at 5 and you can leave when you need to." she says as if that took care of everything. I guess she wasn’t kidding when she said no one says no. "now what would you like to eat?" I ramble off my order and watch her take it up and grab a couple of plates, and take them over to a couple in the corner. They are all scrunched up together making out and it doesn’t even register that their food has arrived. It’s hard not to wish for something like that but then when you just remember that the same person will leave at the first chance; you tend to get over it pretty quickly.

"So...I could see that Brian really liked you." she says softly while wiping down the counter which doesn’t need to be wiped down. I look up to her confusion written all over my face.

"Excuse me?" I say. I can’t believe she of all people are going to bring him up with me.

"He seems to really like you is all I’m saying; and I was kinda wondering what you thought about that." I can’t believe this.

"I feel nothing about it." I lie right threw my teeth. I feel to much about it all.

"Now I can tell by the look in your eyes that, that’s not true." she says and I look down and then out the front window wondering when I stepped into the twilight zone.

"Debbie were you not the person that just the other day told Brian to stay away from me, and that you were worried that he would hurt me?" I say calmly.

"Yes...yes I was but then I had this tiny little talk with Brian and ..." I have to stop her right there.

"And what? Are you seriously wanting me to give him a chance? You of all people should know that I am not giving anyone a chance, let alone a person who I know only wants one thing from me, and it’s something that I will never give again." she looks a little sheepish, and I don’t mean to lose my temper. "I’m sorry Deb."

"It’s alright I know what you’ve been through but I still can’t help the feeling that Brian doesn’t want just a quick fuck with you. When I talked to him the look in his eyes and the way he talked about you...I’ve never heard him talk or react like he does with you. You are different for him." she says and I feel my stomach do flippies and I have to get out of here.

‘Ding...ding’ "that’s your order sweety." she grabs it and places it in front of me, and moves off to give me time to think about all she’s said I have no doubt. I take a few bites of my sandwich, but my appetite just isn’t there anymore. So I stand up as I see Deb move threw the door to the back and place a 20 down and head out, and back to school.

When I get back to school I try not to think about what Deb said. I mean it’s just the fact that maybe she doesn’t know how men like me and Brian work. That has to be it right? But then another thought pops into my head about the way she was with me and him in the diner the other night. It sounded like she knew exactly how we operate. So why would she say these things to me? Why would she think that I am, or would be any different to Brian then any of his other hundreds of tricks? Because I know without a doubt that the moment he is done fucking me he will just stomp all over my feelings and it just is not something I want to happen.

"Justin?" I hear and look up to see, Greg standing next to me, with a smile playing on his lipps.

"Yea?" I ask.

"Class is over." he says and I take a look around me and notice that the entire classroom is empty.

"Shit." I mutter under my breath as I get my things together.

"What?" he asks.

"Oh nothing." I say and stand up and sling my bag over my shoulder.

"Oh um I was wondering if maybe... well if you weren’t to busy that maybe you’d...." oh jesus. I know what he wants. I know he’s gay but I also know that if I fuck him he will never leave me alone. He’s not one that will just be ok with a quick fuck, he wants the whole shabang. I am however surprised that he finally after 4 years worked up enough courage to come and face me with this. "Like to go out tonight?" I rub my forehead feeling a slight headache coming on. He’s a nice guy but I’m not really attracted to him and besides that I don’t want a relationship with him. So how do I get out of this one?

"I’m sorry I don’t think that’s a good idea." I say and start to move towards the door. When I feel him softly grab my arm.

"Why?" I hear as I turn to look at him once more. Oh jesus. He does the whole puppy dog eyes extremely well. I place my hand over the one holding my wrist and get it off of me. Still not big on the touching thing.

"Greg you’re a great guy. But I am not what you are looking for. I don’t want the same things you do." I say trying my best to let him down easy.

"How do you know what I want?" he asks shaking his head.

"I just know." he shakes his head not understanding. "Look it really doesn’t matter how I know, because it doesn’t change the fact that you want someone to be your boyfriend to love you, to be with only you. You want to go out on dates and get flowers and candy." I see the confirmation in his eyes, with each sentiment. "That’s not what I am looking for. That’s not what you would get out me."

"What would I get out of you?" he asks looking down to the floor.

"A quick fuck in the mens room." I say truthfully. He quickly meets my eyes and I show him the truth of my words and he just nods his head, in defeat, and walks past me out the door. I stand there for a minute before I put my head back look at the ceiling take a deep breath refocus and let it out. Without feeling any regret for the way I handled the situation I walk out the door and toward my car. That was my last class, and I don’t remember anything from that one nor the one before it. I shake my head in disbelief and head home. I am so fucked.

FYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYF

Brian’s POV:

Well after spending almost all day avoiding Vance and having Cynthia run interference, I have finally come to the conclusion that whoever has done these boards doesn’t want to be found or hell maybe little fairies came in last night and made them. All of this just doesn’t make any sense. To just come in and have these boards handed to me on a silver platter. Why would any body do this for me? I am not even close to being a nice boss and I am always chewing someone who works here a new ass hole. I mean within a week of anyone working here they will have been through my office and given said ass chewing. So why would anyone want to help me. I’ll tell you... no one would so I am leaning towards the fairy theory. I know, I know I have now completely lost my mind and should definitely be committed. But that will have to wait cause now I have Vance on his way to my office to look at these boards. Then I have to explain that I have no idea who did them. I shake my head and run my hands over my face. This is really going to suck.

I hear the lite tap on my door and answer for them to enter,

"Kinney, finally!" he says incredulously. "What in the world took you so long jesus, Cynthia called first thing this morning and said you were done with the boards and then I am still kept waiting all day to see them." he says crossing his arms over his chest and glaring at me. God how I hate this man.

"Yea sorry about that, but well we needed to ummm." uh I can’t even think of what to say how do you tell your boss that fairies came into your office and did your job for you?

"My god Kinney what is wrong with you?" he says as I stumble over what to say.

"I just... it’s just that..." there’s my eloquence showing itself again.

"Oh forget it already! The boards?" he questions and I just point to the other side where they are lined up. I watch as he walks over to appraise them and then follow him as he looks over each one. When he finally turns around he has a huge smile on his face. "Well Kinney you have done it again." turning towards the boards again he speaks. "These are perfect, some of your best work I think. The clients are doing to flip when they see these."

"Yea that’s kinda what I needed to talk to you about." I say tentatively. He turns to me with his brow furrowed.

"What?" I gesture towards the seat in front of my desk and wait till he takes it,

"I am going to have to reschedule the meeting..." he interrupts me there.

"Why the boards are done and are magnificent, I don’t see any need for the meeting to be postponed." he says getting tense.

"Yes they are done and they are fabulous" and it is paining me to say any of this, "but the problem is, is that I didn’t" oh god talk about a blow to my ego here. "Do them." I finally strangle out. I see the confusion rush over his face and then understanding, and then of course amusement. Fucker.

"You didn’t do these?"

"No." I reply evenly.

"Then who did? I would love to see who has this much talent." he says almost tauntingly.

"I have no clue." I reply raising my hands and sitting back into my chair.

"What do you mean you don’t know how could you not know?" I silently debate on telling him the fairy story but think better of it.

"Seems whoever did these doesn’t want the credit. There is the letters JT on the bottom of each board, which could be a name or the initials for a name; but the only person who works for the agency with those initials didn’t do it. I have already asked. Then I asked through out the agency and no one is coming forwards to claim them."

"That is ridiculous, why would anyone do such a thing? And for you no less?" he says perplexed and I just shake my head and sit up leaning towards my desk.

 

"My thoughts exactly." I say and he looks to me almost apologetically, but we both know better. "So I just need some time to figure out who did these and then I can get together with the client." I say, not knowing what else to do; it’s not like this has ever happened before.

"No." he says standing up and moving towards the boards.

"No?" I don’t understand.

"No Brian the meeting will go through as planned, you will continue to look for the person who’s done this, and then we will give them the right about of payment and so on."

"Are you kidding me? I am not going to take credit for someone else ideas."

"I’m not even asking you to do that. I am just saying give the pitch. It’s not like we haven’t done these things before. When someone else can’t do the pitch or if someone else is more qualified to do the pitch." he says looking at me. I nod my head it’s true. It does happen. "So just do the pitch we will figure the rest out later." he says.

"Fine."

"Good. Now let me know how it goes after the meeting tomorrow and keep me apprized on the mystery man behind these boards."

"Fine." I say again. As I watch him make his way to the door.

"My goodness you are quite eloquent today; aren’t you?" he says just as he leaves my office.

I really hate that fucker.

What the fuck do I do now? How am I supposed to figure out who did this, if they don’t want to be found? Which I still can’t believe. Why wouldn’t anybody want the credit for these magnificent boards? They could really shot up through the ranks having these under their belt. So why not take credit?

Fuck if I know. But what I do know is that this work day is over and I’m getting the hell out of here. I plan on seeing Justin tonight one way or another. I just have to see him. Feel him close to me. So I pack up and head home to get ready for my night out.

FYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYF

Justin’s POV:

When I got home from school I quickly called up Jasmine to get the notes from class and to see if there were any assignments. She quickly filled me in, and it turned out that I didn’t miss much at all. I also called up Victor for the other class and got the notes and assignments for the other class I drifted away in. All together I came up with needing to do two papers and a sculpture. Not to much and they aren’t due for another week so I’m good.

But what is not good is the fact that I drifted off in class in the first place. It’s never happened before and I just can’ t let it happen again. I have to much riding on my schooling. I am at the top of my classes and I want it to stay that way. So I will just have to figure out a way to keep my mind away from any thoughts involving Brian. It’s a nice thought isn’t it? But I know well enough by now that, that’s just not going to be happening any time soon. But I am sure that the longer I stay away and don’t see him, my life will get back to normal. At least this is what I am hoping for. I shake off my thoughts and decide to get some work done even if it isn’t due for another week. I have nothing better to do. I boot up my computer and get down to writing the first art history paper.

When I finally finish up the paper and look out the window I notice that the sun has set, so I look over to the clock and notice that I am yet again running late. Fuck! I rush through the apartment getting showered and ready for work tonight. Thank god it’s not in Brian’s building; but for three different companies. This is one of my hardest nights. I usually take a nap before I start this night but unfortunately I knew sleep wouldn’t come and if it did it would have been filled with dreams of Brian which I knew at this point I couldn’t handle. But any way I jump in my car and head out to the first stop of the night. This place is a little different from any where I have ever been before. It is sort of a small hotel of five star status and restaurant. It is very low key and private. If you did n’t know any better you’d think it was a run down where house. This place takes almost exactly three hours to finish, then it’s off to the next, which is a mansion up in the hills. I really only do the floors and chandeliers in there, but it is quite a big house so it takes quite a while to finish up it’s about three and a half hours. The last job is actually one of the more difficult jobs to do. It is to clean the offices of the company my dad owns. Taylored Assurance. It’s an insurance company. I do have three other that come in to help out with this place though, so at least I’m not alone. I know it sounds weird but I just wouldn’t want to be here alone. It is weird working here though. Even after five years of cleaning out these offices, and being taken through here as a child, and teenager. This was supposed to be mine one day. It was never what I wanted but it was still to be mine wanted or not. I have been the one to clean my fathers office over the years and I have watched through the pictures in his office as his life changed. First it was a picture of a beautiful young woman with brown hair and hazel blue eyes, then added to that was their wedding pictures, after that it was of a new baby boy, I watched him grow up through those pictures and I have also watched as another baby joined the ranks only this time it was a girl. There is a family portrait of them hanging on the wall, and I must admit I am a bit jealous. But hey I made my choices and I am not ever going to regret standing up for myself, and being the man that I choose to be. I just hope that my father learned a lesson from our relationship and if these kids turn out to be something other than what he wants, I hope he doesn’t turn his back on them as well. I worry about that. I mean they are my brother and sister, I have the right to worry about them. I wonder sometimes if they even know I exist. But then again it really doesn’t matter either way. I don’t belong in that family.

 

So after I finish up at my fathers company I head home and straight for my bed. Not even bothering to take off my clothes, or shower; I can do all that in a couple of hours when I get up for class. I am so exhausted it only takes ten minutes to fall into a deep, deep sleep.