Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:
My regular Beta Lucel could get to this chapter so I had my sweet pea Shire do this one for me. She did a fantastic job fixing it up for me and making everything sound even better. So I thank you tons for it. I however need someone to step in for me to Beta the final chapter which is already done. So if your interested please drop me a line I would really appreciate the help. In the mean time enjoy this chapter.

Justin’s POV:

A week and a half later, which is a Friday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Bri, thanks for understanding about this afternoon. I had no idea that my professor was going to start a new project which forces me to sit in a room full of people that I don’t know and don’t care to know, just so we can get a feel of the way it will be like when we get into the real world of advertising. Anyway, I’m on my way to work right now but I thought that I could stop by afterwards and we could catch up then. So call me and let me know. Later."

I swear everything has been so crazy lately. Brian and I have been working everyday to get this campaign together, of course leaving time in-between for fooling around. I tell ya I’m in heaven, crazy schedule and all. I have learned a lot about Brian and his bizarre way of thinking, it keeps me on my toes. I’m not used to having someone around that has the same thoughts that I do, who can match me wit for wit. Jonathan’s funny and witty, but man Brian is something else. He has this wicked sense of humor that knocks me on my ass every time. I don’t remember the last time I was this happy.

"Shit,." it’s almost 8:00pm. Damn, time just seems to fly by lately. I grab my bags and boards for the account Brian and I are working on and run out the door. By the time I get to the club it’s almost time for my first dance so I take off up the stairs towards the dressing room practically running Emmett over in the process.

"Whoa, slow down there sweetie," he says, steadying me so I don’t go falling down the stairs.

"Oh god. Hey Em, I’m sorry I’m just running a bit late tonight. There was an accident on the way here and it’s"…..

He pats my arm saying, "It’s alright sweetie you didn’t need to rush in. I mean hell, you could’ve picked up your stuff anytime," he says waving it off, as confusion settles over me.

"Em, what do you mean pick up my stuff?" I watch his brow furrow.

"Haven’t you talked to Brian?"

"No, not since this morning. Why?" What the fuck is going on?

"Well maybe you should talk to Brian honey," he says sheepishly.

"Why?" I shake my head I can’t believe this shit. "You know what? No, I am not going to talk to Brian; I don’t see what Brian has to do with my job here, so you tell me what’s going on."

"Well Brian called me today and he, well, he told me that you have been working on his campaign with him,"

"Yeah, so?"

"He also said that there was really no need for you to dance anymore."

I close my eyes; please tell me he didn’t do what I think he did.

"And well he asked if there was any way for me to let you out of your contract,"

"Fuck!"

"Listen honey, it’s not a big deal, in the time you’ve been here you have done wonders in helping us become the best exotic dance club in Pittsburgh."

"I can’t believe this shit," I rub my temple trying to relieve some of the pressure that I feel rising.

"Really Justin it was no problem, I was actually glad to rip up the contract."

"Without even discussing it with me first?" He looks a little confused and maybe even a little scared. I know how incredibly pissed off I look right now. "The person who made the contract with you? The person it concerns? The person who left his other job after you begged and pleaded for me to come and work for you?"

"Well I... "

"You know what?" I watch him shake his head. "I misjudged you, Emmett." I turn and walk away not even waiting for his reply. Jesus I can’t believe this! What the fuck am I going to do with no job? Does no one realize just how much it costs to live? Fuck I have a ton of bills to pay, car, rent, art supplies, gas, electricity, framing costs, clothes and food. As I drive to Brian’s loft I try and think of how much I have in my savings. That along with the money that I earned from the other campaigns I did for Brian I know will be enough for almost all of Carnegie Mellon next semester. But after those costs, there is barely enough for next months rent. "Shit!" That’s not even including all the other bills that were mentioned. Jesus I am so fucked if this account doesn’t come through. That is the key now to my next semester at PIFA. Shit why did I set myself up like this? Wait a minute... everything would’ve been fine if Brian hadn't gone and interfered with my job. Fuck what was he thinking? How could he do this? He has no idea what I have and don’t have to pay my bills. He has no idea just how much I needed my job. Damn him! I park my car just now realizing that I am in front of his loft and run up to the intercom,

‘Buzz....buzz, buzz, buzz,’

"Yeah? Fuck!" he yells angrily.

"It’s me," I say simply. I don’t want to start yelling at him on the street like a crazy person. Although I’m not saying that I’m not crazy, just that I don’t want to show the whole world how crazy I am.

"Hey, come on up." ‘Buzz!’ I quickly step through the door and take the steps two at a time. I see the door open and him standing with a smile that I just want to smack off his face,

"What the fuck did you think you were doing?!!"

FYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYF

Brian’s POV:

Oh boy. He is definitely pissed off at me. I was hoping that maybe he would be thankful that I got him out of his contract. Yes, I knew it was a small chance, but I was hopeful. He storms past me but I take the time to close the loft door before the yelling and fighting starts. As I start to set the alarm he stops my motion,

"No need to do that, I won’t be staying long."

I finish setting the alarm anyways and turn to him. "Justin..."

"No Brian, how could you do that?"

Humph, how do I explain this the best way? "You didn’t need to work there anymore and I figured that if the only reason you were working there was because of the contract, I just thought I could get you out of it," I say simply.

"You thought I didn’t need to work there anymore?" I nod my head, but damn he still looks pissed. "Do you have any idea how many bills I have?"

"You have this account, Justin."

"That is going to pay for the next semester at PIFA Brian, but what about all my other bills huh? How am I supposed to pay for everything else?"

"I’m sure you have money saved up..."

"Brian I don’t have enough money saved up! I have enough for the next semester at Carnegie, but after that there’s not much left. So how am I supposed pay for everything else I need and keep my apartment?"

Well shit I just figured he had more money saved up. "I didn’t realize..." but he cuts me off yet again.

"No you didn’t, you didn’t even bother to ask! Not to mention Brian, you had no right to go and back me out of a contract that I made! I’m not that kind of man Brian. When I say I'll do something, I do it!"

He starts to pace the floor now. "I know you’re not that kind of man, Justin." He stops and turns abruptly towards me.

"No, you obviously have no idea what kind of man I am. Otherwise you would’ve never done something like this."

"I was just trying to help."

"I didn’t need your help! I never even asked for your help. I’ve been taking care of myself long before you came into my life, and I’ll be taking care of myself long after your gone."

That statement actually hurt. "What makes you think I’m going anywhere?" I ask him seriously.

"Everyone leaves eventually, Brian" he says, like I asked the most stupid thing in the world.

"Not everyone." He’s looking at me kind of funny now, but it got him to stop yelling at me so I start walking towards him. "Look, I’m sorry I didn’t realize how much you needed that job, but I really was just trying to help."

"But..." I cut him off as I take him into my arms.

"Let me finish please?" He nods his head. "I’ll fix this. But you are still too talented to be working at strip club."

"I don’t want you fixing things for me, my life was fine the way it was."

"But it’s not for you Jus, I don’t want you to have to go out there and strip in front of all those men just so you can live, especially since you don’t have to. At least not anymore."

"Why? Because you’re friends with the owner?" he asks sarcastically.

"Well yeah, but mainly because you have the talent to make it in the advertising world and that’s how you’re going to make the money to pay your bills." I say as I run my hand through his hair and run circles onto his lower back.

"Really?" he asks, looking into my eyes with those gorgeous blue ones of his. Damn I love his eyes. I love the look they get when he looks at me.

"Really" I say with the sweet smile that I know already gets to him. And I see a small smile being created on his lips. "Now do you forgive me?"

"Well I’m not too sure." And his small smile disappears.

"Why not?" I ask, my smile disappearing as well.

"Because I can’t have you doing things like this. You can’t just take back promises and commitments that I have made. That’s not up to you."

I nod my head. "Alright I can understand that, I won’t let it happen again."

"Also,"

"There’s more?" I ask in surprise.

"Yes, there is just one more thing," I nod my head to let him know I’m listening.

"I need your understanding and support in the decisions I make," he says rubbing my arms.

"I can do that."

"Good, I’m glad," he says with a smile. I smile back at him and lean down putting my lips to his in a soft kiss. Almost immediately though he opens his mouth and I feel his tongue start to play with mine. I love the way this man tastes. I have never tasted anything as good as him. "Mmmm, I missed you this afternoon," he says, as he pulls away from the kiss.

"Mmmm, how did the whole 'real life' experiment go?" I ask letting him go, and heading to the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

"What do you mean how did it go? It was incredibly tedious and not what I wanted to be doing with my free time. Plus, I would much rather gain my 'real life' learning experience with you." He says as he plops down on the couch.

"Can’t blame you there." I sit down next to him on the couch.

"I knew you wouldn’t," I watch as he takes off his shoes and swings his legs over to rest them on my thighs. I start to rub his feet. "Humm that feels good."

"I’m sure,"

He chuckles a little.

"So how was your day?" he asks me, closing his eyes.

"Well the fuck up twins managed to mess up an account that was already finished."

"How did they manage that?"

"They thought they would show off just how great their ideas were, and redid the account themselves."

"Stupid fucks," he says exasperated.

"Yes, yes they are. But what do you say we stop talking about work and more about," I see him smirk, "dinner" he laughs right out. That’s what I was looking for. "So what would you like tonight?"

"A big sloppy pepperoni pizza" he says with a huge smile.

"Ah come on, it’s already past 7 o’clock." I whine, yes the little shit can make me whine.

"You’re the one who asked and now you must suffer the consequences." He takes this time to crawl into my lap with his legs on either side of me. "Not to mention, I think you owe me a little leeway since I didn’t really chew you a new asshole like I should’ve," he says cutely.

"I guess you do have a point there," he nods his head.

"Uh hunh," he leans down to kiss me, god he is so good.

"So pizza it is." I reach behind his neck and pull him into a kiss. After a very intense, mind-blowing kiss, I decided that dinner could wait; but my very hard cock couldn’t. "It’s been too long," I say standing up with him wrapped around me.

"What are you talking about? It’s only been since this morning," he replies in-between the wet kisses he’s placing on my neck.

"And that is just too long," I tell him as I throw him on the bed. He starts to laugh. "Wouldn’t you agree?" I ask taking off my shirt.

"Oh yes, it’s been far too long," he breathes.

"Mmmhmm, thought so," I yank open the buttons on my black Levi’s, then slowly pull the sides open giving him a little show. I take them down my legs slowly until I have them off and drop them to the floor. I watch him as he takes me in with his eyes. He always looks so intensely at me it makes me shiver. When his eyes finally meet mine, I see such care in them, or is it something else? He holds out his hand to me,

"Come here," he practically whispers. So I take his hand and crawl between his legs. He starts lying down as I come closer until I’m lying on top of him. I intertwine our fingers of the hand I took and run my fingers through his hair. I feel his hands running up my side and it sends a shiver throughout my body. I have never met a person that could do that to me and yet he can do it with just a look, a simple touch, or even with just the sound of his voice. He’s amazing. When I hear him say, "Kiss me," I look into a pair of beautiful, passionate and trusting blue eyes that I could get lost in. As I slowly lean down and bring us into a slow passionate kiss, I'm thinking of this and trying to show him just how much I care. I hope he hears it.

The last week and a half has literally been like a dream. I never thought I could feel like this. I never thought I could feel something like this for another man. I’ve felt myself falling for him a little more each day and to tell you the truth; it’s scaring the shit out of me. I’m not sure what to do with these feelings and hell, I’m not all that sure if I want them. I know what happens when you get these kinds of feelings; the person ends up breaking you apart in the end.

"Mmm," he moans into the kiss. So I shake off these nasty thoughts and try to stay in the moment by deepening our kiss.

We made love that night and I never thought anything could feel so good. I don’t know what the fuck I’m gonna do.

FYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYF

Justin’s POV:

The night before the campaign pitch (which is a Thursday)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This last week has been amazing, hard, but amazing. Brian and I have been working so hard to get this campaign done; and now all that’s left is a quick run through of the pitch and the final touches on the artwork. I’m actually relieved that, that parts done. But I’m still excited to be there when he pitches our ideas. I can’t wait to see him in action. I have been watching him the last couple of weeks and he’s so intense when it comes to his work, it’s remarkable. He’s remarkable.

However, I’m not really too sure what’s going to happen after all this campaign stuff is over. It’s not the work or the money stuff that I’m worried about anymore, Brian says that the other ad executives at his office have been asking about me and wondering if I wouldn’t mind free lancing for them as well. So work is pretty much taken care of. It’s this whole thing between Brian and I. We’ve been spending every night together, which has been absolutely great, especially when it’s just about us and not work. We’ve talked a lot about everything under the sun and I want to know more; shit I can’t wait to get to him every day just to be with him and talk to him and see how he is. I know I’m falling for him and I’m falling faster and harder than I ever thought possible.

'I just hope he feels the same way about me,' I say to myself as I park outside the loft. We had planned for me to come over a little later since I had that stupid work together project, but since it was cancelled I thought I could surprise him with dinner. I grab the Chinese food and head for the door, which I catch just as a couple is leaving. I take the stairs and before I know it I’m standing at Brian’s door. I knock a couple of times but he doesn’t answer. I know he’s home because I saw his Jeep out front, so I knock again, but when he still doesn’t answer I just try the door and to my surprise it’s actually open. I slide it open carefully, trying not to make too much noise, but as I’m closing it I hear a small whimper coming from the bedroom. I stop and listen again and what I hear makes my stomach turn. It’s a small moan and then another. I slowly walk towards the bedroom setting the food down on the counter as I go. I peak around the partition and there’s Brian, fucking some guy. I feel like I’m going to be sick. But most of all, I can feel my heart breaking. Wow, I had no idea it was going to hurt this much.

"God you’re beautiful," I hear the guy say, and it sends me into action. I head over to the desk. "Oh my god..." the trick moans. And I am wondering, why did Brian have to pick a talker?

When I reach the desk I see a folder sitting there with a post-it on it saying ‘For Justin, Tomorrow’s schedule and pitch.’ How lucky is that? I pull out a piece of paper and quickly write a note to Brian. I grab the folder for tomorrow and take my leave. I can’t believe I did this. Why would I think he was going to be different? I shouldn’t have expected him to be. We never even discussed anything like that. Plus, I'm more than sure that he would never agree to that kind of relationship. So how it got into my head that he wasn’t, or wouldn’t fuck around is just too ridiculous to comprehend right now. I mean he’s free to do what and whomever he pleases. I guess I just figured I wouldn’t have to see it. Well that is my fault; I shouldn’t have just shown up like that. But shit, I wanted to surprise him. I don’t know, and fuck, I wish I didn’t care.

When I get to my car I notice that my hands are shaking. They’re shaking so badly that I can’t even get the key into the hole.

"Damn it!" I stop everything for a moment and take a deep breath, I slowly let it out before I put the key into the hole and get into the car. I quickly turn on the car, turn up the radio as loud as I can without blowing my speakers, and take off for who knows where.

FYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYF

Brian’s POV:

‘I’m fucking up here, I’m fucking up here,’ this is all that is going through my mind right now. "Fuck," I slam into this guy as hard as I can and reach for his dick; I need to get this guy out of here now.

"Oh...my...god!" the guy yells as I feel his cum on my hand, and when his ass clenches my dick I fall over the edge as well. God, I have never had a worse fuck in my life. I quickly slide out of him and throw the condom away. I grab up his clothes and throw them at him.

"Get out," I say as I move to grab some clothes for myself. I quickly get dressed, but when I turn around I see that the guy hasn’t even budged from his spot. "Did you not fucking hear me say get the fuck out?!!" I yell at him and he jumps out of my bed. ‘Yeah that’s what I thought.’ I wait for him to finish dressing before I push him towards the door,

"When can I see you again?" he says looking at me over his shoulder. I push him out the door and as I bring the door to a close I reply,

"Never." With the door firmly closed, I take a deep breath and put my head against the cool metal. I don’t even know why I fucked that guy. I mean shit, it’s not like Justin and I ever made a agreement on the tricking thing and not that I ever would, but Justin’s going to be here in a couple of hours, so I could’ve just waited for him. It’s just that when I heard that guy talking to his buddy and telling him that I was housebroken, well let's just say I got a little weirded out. It felt like I had to prove myself. Why? I have no idea. Well that’s not exactly true; there is this part of me that is scared shitless of the feelings I have for Justin and the fact that everything is moving so fast between us. I stand up straight and make my way to the kitchen. I stop dead in my tracks when I see a bag sitting on the counter. "Shit," please tell me it wasn’t Justin.

I walk towards the bag and pier inside... Chinese food. Maybe it was Mikey? I move over to the desk to get the phone to call Mikey and that's when I see a note sitting on the desk in Justin’s handwriting, I feel my heart drop and I know I’m shit out of luck. I sit down and read…

‘Hey, I had an art project that I needed to get finished and since I saw you had a print out for me on what was going to happen tomorrow, I figured I would just go over it at home after I finish up. I’ll get those changes you asked for done and drop the boards off at your office first thing in the morning. I got Chinese food and left it on the counter.’

"Shit, shit, shit," I have to talk to him. I get my shoes on, grab my coat and keys and run out the door.

When I get outside of Justin’s door I am more than a little apprehensive about knocking. What am I going to say to him? Fuck, I thought I wasn’t ready for all this relationship shit, but now that I may have fucked everything up I know I don’t want it to end. ‘Just knock asshole.’

‘Knock....knock’ I wait a minute before I ‘knock.....knock’ again. Another minute...’knock...knock....knock....knock." son of a bitch where is he? I run down the stairs to see if his car is even out front and when I see that it isn’t I jump in my Jeep and head off to Forever Young.

A couple of hour’s later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walk into my very lonely loft I just want to kick myself in the ass. I went everywhere that we hang out, but he’s nowhere to be found. I even made a stop back at his apartment just to make sure he wasn’t there. I decide to give it one last try so I pick up the phone and dial his cell.

‘Leave a message.’ I hear and damn it; he isn’t going to answer his phone.

"Hey Justin, it’s me. Listen give me a call as soon as you get this.... Alright later."

I end the call and head over to the bar and pour myself a nice stiff glass of Beam. I take it with me as I go into the bedroom. I strip off my clothes and climb into bed. I take a nice drink and wince from the burn, just a little before I dial his home phone.

‘Hey this is Justin, leave a message and if you didn’t already know that... you need help.’

"Hey it’s me again, give me a call." I disconnect the call before I throw back the rest of my shot.

"Shit," I lay down with the phone near by so I can hear it and I try to get some sleep. The faster tomorrow comes, the faster I can see Justin.

FYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYF

Justin’s POV:

A couple of hours earlier

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I walk into Boy Toy it’s like everything goes into slow motion. It’s been so long since I’ve been here. At least six months now that I think about it. I walk straight to the bar, bypassing all the guys trying to grab onto me. I need a very stiff very tall drink before I start this game tonight. I wave the bartender over. His name is Jerry and he is in fact one of the best lays I have ever had. I usually take him home with me when I need a guaranteed great fuck. He walks over to me with a huge smile,

"Hey baby, I haven’t seen you in months." We both stretch over the bar to hug. "I’ve missed you," he says in my ear, and as I pull back I give him a sexy smile.

"I've missed you too."

He gives a smirk. "Oh yeah?" he asks sarcastically as he turns and grabs the Beam.

"What time do you get off?" I ask him, and watch as his smile busts open.

"Three," he says putting a shot glass in front of me.

"Hey, I’m gonna need a lot more than that," he just smiles and pulls out this massive glass, holding it up for my inspection. "That looks about right," I tell him. He pours the Beam filling the glass to the top and when he passes it over to me he says,

"So meet you out back then?"

"Yeah, at three." I tell him with a smirk.

"K, well I have to get back to work." I just nod my head as he turns to go back to work. Then it’s me turning to look at the crowd for a likely candidate to help waste my time. There are some really good-looking guys here tonight, which isn’t always the case. A lot of the time it’s just boys, hence the name. But tonight I guess it is my treat because these guys are just my type. I take my time though and enjoy my drink. I can already see about five very good prospects and they already seem interested. They are already watching me. What’s funny though is that I keep on seeing Brian’s face. ‘Oh I so need to get over this.’

Quickly downing the last of my drink and slamming the glass down on the bar, I move off grabbing the closest of the prospects and drag him to the back room. I don’t even bother to ask any questions. I don’t feel like talking tonight. I push him up against the wall and attack his mouth, but he doesn’t taste like Brian, and damn me for wanting him to. But still I find myself pulling away from the kiss and grabbing his shoulder to turn him around, but he resists. When he looks me in the eye I’m sure that what he sees is that he has no other choice, if he wants to be with me that is. Like I said, no words tonight. So he slowly turns to face the wall and I reach to undo his pants bringing them down to just around his ass. I do the same to mine and grab a condom and some lube out of my pocket. I don’t take much time to open him up, just enough so I know it won’t be too uncomfortable for him before I slip on the condom and slide inside of him.

"Mmmm," he moans, and god I pray he isn’t a talker like Brian’s trick, I just can’t take it tonight. I’m trying my best to concentrate on the feel of his ass around my dick but it keeps on popping into my head that this isn’t Brian’s ass.

"Fuck, please," make my head stop! I don’t take my time anymore as I find myself needing much more alcohol to get through this night. I take his dick into my hand and jack him off as fast as I can. When I hear him start to call out indescribable things I squeeze the top of his cock and with a shout he’s coming, and thankfully taking me with him. As soon as I can, I pull out, throw the condom to the side and walk back out to the bar without a backwards glance. I ask for another of the same and Jerry quickly passes it over. I don’t take my time drinking this one, and when it’s gone I head straight for the dance floor and another prospect. This is how I spend most of my time until the club closes down and I drive around back to wait for Jerry. I’m pretty much not in the mood for this anymore, but I know how good he is and I figure I might as well try to get my mind off of Brian one more time. I see Jerry walking out of the employee entrance with a couple other guys. When he sees me he smiles wide, says something to the guys and then heads over to my car and jumps in.

"Hey, you ready?"

"More than ready," he says, giving me a sexy grin. The drive to his apartment is made in silence. We’ve done this before and he knows what I like. It’s good to have someone who just wants a good fuck every once in a while and who doesn’t ask any questions.

Finally we get up to his apartment. When we get inside he offers me a drink.

"Yeah thanks." He smiles and starts towards his kitchen.

"K, have a seat I’ll just be a minute." I sit down on the couch; lay my head back and close my eyes. Well this is definitely not what I thought I’d be doing tonight. I quickly shake off those thoughts and try and focus on what’s to come. However, my mind seems to have a different opinion on what I should be thinking about since my first thought is of Brian. Jesus why did this have to happen? I should’ve known better, I was way too happy for it to last.

"Fuck," I breathe out.

"How about we finish our drinks first?" I jump at the sound of his voice. I take the tall glass of what I know is Beam that he is holding out for me and while he sits next to me I take a long drink from it.

"Thanks," I tell him.

"No problem... so you wanna talk about it?" he asks me, and I look at him as if he’s lost his fucking mind.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Because seriously, if he’s asking that question, hell any question at all he must’ve lost his mind in the last six months since I’ve seen him.

"Fine, you don’t want to talk about it. I just thought maybe you might want to get it off your chest," he says in mock surrender.

"There’s nothing to get off my chest." I try to play it off and take another drink.

"If you say so."

"What makes you think that there's anything wrong?" I ask sarcastically.

I watch his eyebrows go up. "Well, lets see... for one thing, I haven’t seen you in months, for another I've never seen you act so cold towards your tricks but mostly because I have never seen you need that much alcohol in one night."

"Whatever," I say shaking it off, "you know just because you never saw it, doesn’t mean it never happens." I down the rest of my drink as he continues.

"I’m sure, but what I’m also sure of is that something must’ve happened to get you this way, cause this isn’t the Justin I know," I cut him off there.

"What the fuck are you talking about? You think that just because we’ve fucked a few times you somehow know me?" I reply harshly. Damn it, I’m not even mad at this guy. I just hate it when people try and analyze me. What happened to the days when he wouldn’t talk to me at all? He would just take me to his bedroom and we’d fuck our brains out.

"Sorry," he says a little taken aback.

"No, I’m sorry. This was obviously a bad idea," I say standing up and making my way to the door.

"Hey wait," I turn towards him. "Stay, I promise no more talking," he says sweetly.

"No, I need to get home anyways. I have some things that need to be done by morning," I say with a shake of my head.

"Will you come around tomorrow night then?" He sounds a little desperate.

"We’ll see," is all I leave him with, as I walk out the door.

I make the 45-minute drive home in a little over an hour and as I walk into my apartment I can understand why, it’s lonely in here without Brian. Already I am so used to going home to him. Be it his loft or right here in this small apartment. Right now I guess I better finish up these boards, it’s already so late and they have to be there in about four hours. I get everything set up and get to work.

 

FYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYF

Brian’s POV:

The next day at Vanguard,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s almost time for the meeting with Mr. Daven and his people, and Justin still isn’t here. Damn him! Shit, the meeting starts in fifteen minutes and he was supposed to be here an hour ago! God I hope he doesn’t blow this off. No, I know that he wouldn’t do that. I know now for sure, if I didn’t know it before, that he just isn’t that kind of man. I mean shit, he showed up right as the doors were opening this morning just to make sure the boards were here for me when I got in. Cynthia said he looked exhausted. My mind has been wondering all day what happened to him last night. He never called back and I even left two additional messages for him on his cell phone today. But he didn't return those either. God I hope nothing happened to him. ‘Buzz...’ the intercom interrupts my thoughts

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Mr. Taylor, has just arrived." As soon as I hear his name I am at my door opening it up. I see him standing in front of Cynthia’s desk and I must say I am extremely relieved. God he looks so fucking good. He’s wearing a dark navy blue suit with a lighter blue shirt and a dark navy tie. It makes his eyes look so much brighter which I thought was almost impossible.

"Justin," I say and they both look over to me.

"Hey," he says giving me an almost shy smile. That’s a good sign right?

"Come into my office please." I hold the door open for him as he thanks Cynthia. When he passes me I take a deep breath and it makes my knees weak, I love the way he smells.

"Sorry I was late but my class ran over and then I had to go home and get changed. I probably should’ve just brought my suit to school and changed there, but oh well." He seems so calm, like nothings happened. That can’t be a good sign right?

"That’s all right I’m just glad you made it," I say as I walk towards him. Right as I am about to be in front of him he sits in a chair in front of my desk.

"Of course I made it, I wouldn’t have missed this for the world." He smiles at me and a small smile creeps up on me as well. "So you got the boards this morning?" he asks trying to keep the conversation on work I’m sure.

"Yeah, they look great. You did an excellent job," I tell him sitting in the chair next to his.

"So I went over the notes for the pitch this morning and I think it’s really good." He’s barely looking at me, Jesus this sucks!

"Thanks, listen Justin, about last night..." ‘Buzz’ the intercom interrupts me so I quickly reach over and answer it. "Yeah?"

"Mr. Daven has just arrived and they are waiting in the conference room."

"We’ll be right there." I turn towards Justin again only now he is standing and straightening out his suit. "Justin..." I try again but he cuts me off looking at me right in my eyes.

"Are there any changes to the format I went over this morning?" I guess for now its just business.

"No, no changes," I reply going behind my desk to get the few notes I have. Everything else is already set up in the conference room. He doesn’t say anything else; he just seems to be waiting patiently by the door for me. What does this mean? Is it over? Is it just tabled till after the meeting? What? God this is going to drive me absolutely crazy. I have to know..."Justin,"

"Almost ready?" He obviously isn’t going to get into this right now, so I might as well wait and try again after the meeting. But after that I am not letting him out of my sight until we get this fixed.

"Yeah I’m ready," I move towards him and before I can get to him he is walking out the door. He moves straight for the elevator, we don’t talk in the time it takes us to get to the conference room but right when we get to the door he stops and turns to me. He looks up at me with those gorgeous blue eyes and he seems a little nervous. "You ok?" I ask him moving closer. When he doesn’t move away I reach out and rub his arm.

"Yeah, just a little nervous, I’ve never done this before." I put my arm around his waist and pull him towards me; he doesn’t resist my pull.

"You're going to be fine, you’re great with people. Plus I’ll be there the whole time," I tell him and I see him smile a little. "Trust me, they are going to love you," I say and give him a small kiss on the lips.

"Ok, but how do I look? The suit is ok, isn’t it?" he asks. I give him a sexy grin.

"The suit is perfect." I bring him into me as I move my mouth to his ear I whisper, "I’d fuck you." I feel him stiffen a little and instantly regret bringing up sex at all at this point. I quickly kiss his neck before I feel him take himself out of my arms.

"I’m ready, let’s do this," he says, walking through the door as if he owns the place. Damn it! Why did I have to bring that up? I walk right behind him and throw myself into professional mode.

Justin is already an old pro it seems as I watch him talking with Mr. Daven. I knew he would be fine; he has this way with people. When he wants to, he can make someone feel like they are the only person in the room. As if they were the most interesting, most wonderful person in the world. I am captivated just watching him. After another minute of watching Justin work the room, I make my way over to them and start with the formalities.

"Mr. Daven, how are you doing this afternoon?" I hold out my hand giving him a strong shake.

"Oh I’m good. How are you?"

"Pretty good," I say moving back a step. "I see you’ve met Mr. Taylor," I look over to Justin and we smile at each other.

"Yes I have and he is quite remarkable. I was so glad that you could work on this campaign for us," Mr. Daven says looking at Justin.

"Oh it was a pleasure to work on your account. I love the new line that’s coming out, the designs are outstanding," he says seriously.

"Really?" Mr. Daven asks and I see Justin nod his head. "What was your favorite piece?"

"I’d have to say the first three pages were my favorite. The Fonder living room ensemble was just so amazing in the way the lines slope and become almost ridged. Now the Cherry bedroom pieces, I just loved the woodwork on everything, it was such a mixture of the way the grain was put together. And finally, the Random dining table was gorgeous. I loved the black wood and the way it looks like it’s swirling; well I’ve never seen anything like that before. The chairs carried the same swirling pattern and included the blue velvet cushions; it’s like a dream, they really are beautiful." he replies with an artist's touch. You could tell he had really looked at the pieces and loved them. He wasn’t just blowing smoke up his ass and apparently, Mr. Daven could tell because he had a huge smile on his face.

"I am so happy that you think so much of the pieces and considering you're an artist, well that says even more about them. Don’t you agree Mr. Kinney?" he says looking over to me.

"Yes I would have to agree, Mr. Taylor has impeccable taste. Would you like anything to drink before we get started Mr. Daven?"

"A glass of water would be good, bottled though, nothing from the tap." He says moving over to his seat.

"Are we going to start now?" Justin asks.

I turn and look him in the eyes. "Yeah but don’t worry, you are doing perfectly, you got him eating out of your hand already." He smiles his sunshine smile and it feels good knowing I put it there. "Ok, why don’t you go ahead and take your seat." I tell Justin pointing towards the one I want him in. What can I say? I’m a control freak.

"Alright," he says moving away and taking his seat. I take a deep breath and let it out slowly before I go put in the call for Daven’s water. When I return, I move to the front of the room.

"I know you'll be as excited as we are when you hear what we've come up with….."

FYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYF

Justin’s POV:

Almost two hours later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m watching as Mr. Daven signs the contract for us to run with our campaign, and I literally can’t take the smile off of my face. It was incredible being in front of these people pitching our ideas; and Brian, he was magnificent. He’s so good and he knows it and that just shows right through. I’m telling you, when he is up there you can’t take your eyes off of him. I see Brian hold out his hand as Mr. Daven puts down his pen and they shake hands. I get up and walk towards them.

"It’s an excellent campaign Mr. Kinney," Mr. Daven says.

"Well it was a pleasure doing it for you," Brian replies with a smile.

"And Justin, the artwork was absolutely amazing, I’m very impressed." I take his offered hand.

"That means a lot coming from you Mr. Daven, thank you." He’s the designer for their entire furniture line, so it really means a lot.

"Well I should get going, but I’ll see you both at the launch party?" He questions, looking to both of us.

"Absolutely." We answer at the same time.

"Good, I’ll see you then." He chuckles grabbing his coat and walking out of the conference room with his little minions following.

"Whoa," I sigh. "That was fun."

"You were amazing," he says, taking me into his arms.

"So were you," I say hugging him back. He pulls back a bit and puts his mouth to mine. When I feel his lips part I can’t help but slip my tongue inside his warm sweet mouth. I didn’t get any sleep last night, I just couldn’t bring myself to go into an empty bed, which is pathetic I know. But I missed this man so much my body actually aches to be next to him. But I did some thinking; I didn’t really reach a decision yet though, so that’s why I pull away from his kiss. We are both a little breathless and I feel a little weak in the knees as well. I can’t believe how easily he can make me feel like I’m on a cloud.

 

"I missed you last night," he whispers. I look into his eyes to see if that’s true. When I see that it is, I tell him,

"I missed you too," I look at the floor, his eyes are always so intense as if he can he can see right through me and sometimes, I just don’t want him to.

"Listen, about last night," he starts, but I cut him off.

"Brian, we never said we were going to be monogamous. I know that and I totally understand."

"Oh thank God," he says, putting our foreheads together and closing his eyes. It’s true we never had that kind of conversation.

"And I know you would probably never agree to that kind of relationship." He looks into my eyes and I feel like my heart is being strangled. "So that leaves me in a situation... that I’m not too sure I want to be in."

He looks a bit confused now. "What do you mean?"

"I mean that,... I think I need a little time to think things over and see if this is what I want. To see if this is the kind of relationship I can be in with you. Because right now... I’m not too sure," I tell him honestly. He quickly pulls away turning his back on me.

"If this is some kind of ultimatum Justin, you can just save it because I am not going to play that game," he tells me angrily.

"This actually has nothing to do with you." He turns to look at me again and I can see the confusion and anger clearly written on his face.

"Of course it does," he says between clenched teeth.

"Whether you believe it or not, it doesn’t have anything to do with you. It has to do with what I can and cannot accept. I know you won’t stop tricking and I accept that, but that doesn’t mean I can be in a relationship with you. So I need time to think about this because I don’t want to just keep going and eventually hate you because of it. Do you want that Brian?" I ask softly.

"No," he says shaking his head and looking away from me.

"So you understand then?" I ask moving towards him. He nods his head.

"Sure." I lift his chin so I can see his eyes.

"I’m sorry Bri," I can feel the tears burning my eyes. I know that this is probably it. It's just, I can’t see myself being ok with him tricking. I care way too much for him to be ok with it. Plus seeing him with that other guy ripped out my heart, so how could I keep going knowing that my heart will just get continually stomped on? Well I can’t, I just can’t.

"Yeah," is all he says. I stand on my tippy toes and put my lips to his. I take his bottom lip into my mouth as he takes my upper lip into his. I love his lips. We switch lips and then naturally go into a kiss that has to be the best we have ever had, all the while, holding each other as tightly as we can. We seem to both pull away at the same time putting our foreheads together. I feel his hand on my cheek and that’s when I notice a tear has slip down my face. I have to get out of here. I pull out of his arms and give him a smile.

"I should get out of here." He looks as if someone has ripped out his heart. I wish I could make it better, but I just can’t do it.

"Yeah," he finally replies nodding his head and leaning against the conference table. "So I’ll see you around?" he asks.

"You’ll see me." I say softly. I watch him nod his head and look at the floor before I walk out of the conference room. Leaving him behind