Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Trigger warning

 

 

“Hey, Ethan,” Justin called. The older boy turned around, smiling at Justin.

“Well, isn’t this a surprise?” Ethan said, his smile making Justin sick.

“I have a camper for you. This is Paul Denbigh, I’ll be taking Brian Kinney into my cabin. Mr. Denbigh has asked not to be in my cabin.”

After saying what he needed to, he turned and left. To get away from Ethan; just looking at the man made his skin crawl.

He had met Ethan Gold went he went to visit PIFA campus his senior year. There was something about the guy that make him feel uncomfortable, but he pushed those thoughts away. He seemed nice enough in the beginning. When Ethan asked him out on a date, he accepted; the last ‘date’ he’d been on was with Laurie Pentecost in the eighth grade.

The first half of the date with Ethan was fun. He didn’t even mind that he was the one that paid most of it, he thought the one that asked the other out should pay or maybe go Dutch. But when Justin agreed to go back to Ethan’s, it turned out for the worst.

They sat down on Ethan’s shabby lawn chairs and talked. When Ethan offered him a drink, he accepted. Why wouldn’t he? It wasn’t until a little while later that he started to feel woozy. That was the last thing he remembered until he woke up the next morning. He was on a dingy mattress that was just sitting on the floor. When he went to get up, he felt a shooting pain that shouldn’t be there. His clothes had been discarded on the floor. Try as he might he couldn’t remember anything past coming back to Ethan’s the night before. He dressed and ran home to his parents.

He made the mistake of telling them what had happened. So in one go, he told them he was gay and was raped. His mother cried and told him that he needed to go to the hospital, but his father had stopped that. He said that he deserved whatever happened to him, because all homosexuals were perverts, if he wanted to be one…he should get used to what had happened to him.

Justin couldn’t stay there anymore, even if he wanted because his father had kicked him out. He never did go to the hospital. He went the Gay and Lesbian Center, hoping they could help him. Surprisingly, they did. A large donor to the GLC was looking for an assistant. That was when he met Uncle Dan. Uncle Dan was a widower who was trying to make a wrong into something good for people. After months, Justin started to feel like himself again. Even going as far as going on a few dates, though he watched his drink like a hawk now…and he didn’t trust as easily anymore.

After he moved in with Dan, the man talked to him about his son. When his son was fourteen he was so scared to tell his father who he was, he ran away only leaving a letter. The letter said that he’s son wasn’t like other boys, he liked to wear woman’s clothes and felt like on the inside was a woman. So for fifteen years Dan’s been looking for his son, although he doesn’t know if he’s his son any longer. Dan didn’t care, he just wanted his child back, woman or man.

When Dan asked him to work at the summer camp, Justin was excited. He had gone to summer camp every year from ages eight to sixteen. That’s why he asked Daphne if she wanted to be a counselor with him, if felt wrong to be at camp without her there.

Just when he felt he was moving on with his life, Ethan had showed up on the day the counselors were supposed to be there. Dan knew what had happened to Justin, but he had never told him who had done it. He couldn’t tell Dan about Ethan, it had been hard enough when Dan didn’t have a face to go with the crime. At first, he worried about Ethan being near the kids, but on the first day, Ethan made it clear who he wanted…again.

Justin had done his best to keep away from him. What also calmed Justin down was during the six weeks the kids were there; the kids were never alone. Even in the cabins there were two counselors. They were junior counselors, they were sixteen or seventeen. The junior counselor who was paired up with Ethan looked like a tank. Well over six-feet tall and pushing three hundred pounds. The boy was also the nicest boy Justin had ever met. So, he told the boy to always get his own drinks and never let one out of his sight. He did end up telling Jake what had happened to him early on. Something about him just made him open up. Jake wanted Justin to tell Dan but he just couldn’t…it was too embarrassing to be scared. He was a grown man now.

Jake also kept his eyes on Ethan after that, he was always following him. But Jake had to leave the day before with all the other underage campers. Now Justin was here with Ethan, only the two of them knowing their secret.

Jake had rummaged through Ethan’s things the first week, ended up flushing every powder and pill in his bag. What Justin also liked about Jake, was that while he was straight and a year younger than Justin, he didn’t care Justin was gay. Justin hoped Jake got accepted to Carnegie Mellon, then they could be friends.

As he walked into his cabin he heard yelling. Brian Kinney was yelling at another one of the campers. A short, dark haired man.

“I can’t even sleep here, Mikey. I’m too fucking tall,” Brian sneered. “Not only that, but there’s probably more spunk on those bunkbeds than on the floor of the Baths.”

“Did you even look at the mattress?” Justin questioned.

That seemed to make the man stop. He looked over to the beds. They were all covered with rubber sheets.

“Why are they covered with rubber sheets?”

“Nocturnal emissions,” Justin said with a smile.

“Gross,” the shorter man said.

Justin shrugged. “Everyone gets a set of clean sheets and a light blanket. You should have brought your own pillow. I’ve washed the bedclothes myself, and bleached the rubber sheets. If you want your sheets washed every day, then you must do that after dinner. Speaking of which, dinner will be in three hours. You will be able to relax tonight. Our cabin schedule is posted up on my door.” He pointed to his room. It was barely bigger than a walk-in closet but at least private. “As you can tell there is not bathroom here. Down the hill to the left is your shower and restroom, to the right is the girls, don’t mix them up. Up the hill to the left is the dining hall. It’s where we will eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. You don’t have to sit with your cabin, sit wherever you like.”

“Can we have a grownup counselor,” a stern looking man said.

“Umm…the oldest counselor here is Ben. But he won’t take any new campers. He’s all about working out your own problems.”

“Great, I have some kid younger than my daughter telling me what to do. My kids are going to laugh their asses off.”

Justin smiled at the man. At first, he thought the man was complaining about him in particular. But now it just seemed he felt foolish for coming. This was Justin’s first year working at the camp so he hadn’t had this problem yet.

“Just think of all the stories you’ll get to tell them. Did your wife come too?” He could have kicked himself when the man’s stern face turned sad.

“No, my wife passed away a few years back. My son, he’s stationed in Germany, thought this would be good for me. I’ve been working since I was twelve. He said that I need this, whatever that means.”

“What’s your name?” Justin looked down at his clipboard. The man was either Carl Horvath, Emmett Honeycutt or Michael Novotny. Though he suspected Michael Novotny was the short, dark haired man that Brian called Mikey.

“Carl,” he said a little stiffly.

“These beds are actually bigger than a standard twin. Uncle Dan wanted something that grownups could fit it.” He blushed. He sounded like a kid saying grownups. “Let’s do a roll-call. Say present when I say your name. Emmett Honeycutt.”

“Present and accounted for, hottie,” a tall, colorfully dressed man said wiggling his fingers at him. Justin blushed deeper.

“Carl Horvath.”

“Present,” the older, stern looking man said, looking uncomfortably at Emmett.  

“Michael Novotny.”

“Here,” the short, dark haired man said. Him and Emmett looked like the only ones that wanted to be there.

“Brian Kinney.”

Silence. Justin looked up to see the gorgeous man smirking at him. “Great, we’re all here. I’ll leave you here to get to know each other. You are free to roam around camp, just stay to the trails and remember dinner is at six-thirty.”

Justin left his campers to go in the search of Daphne. He just had to tell her about the god that was in his cabin at that very moment.