Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

It's the season of Christmas.  A mental review of how things are going this Time around.

The day was cold and it was snowing outside.  Justin lay stretched across his bed wearing nothing more than his tighty whities, his head hanging over the edge and puffing on a joint letting the smoke stream from his mouth.  Normally he’d be buried under as many blankets and duvets as he can find.

 

Everyone was gone for the day and he was alone.  Daphne, the sweetheart that she was, had decided that today was the perfect day to take Gus and Molly to see Santa.  While everyone was gone he’d been looking back over his life this time and liking it.  Daphne was part of his life, which made him happy and he was close to Brian and his old friends, except for Michael. 

 

Daphne was the best friend one could ever have, much better than Brian’s supposed best friend.  Justin was even closer with her this time around than last time.  Thanks to the money Justin had inherited, she had a home of her own and her expenses were minimal.  Of course, she was a big help with Gus and Molly and worth her weight in gold.

 

Strangely enough, Justin found that his memories of the next three years weren’t as clear as the first three years of his association with Brian and his friends.  The more he thought about it he realized some facts affected that.  His being with Ethan, then he was in Los Angeles working on Rage where he had no interaction with the gang.

 

He vaguely remembered seeing in the paper about Ted being arrested and was glad the Ted had managed to avoid it this time around.  Was that the action that Mysterious Marilyn had begged Brian to prevent?  If so, it worked.  He and Emmett were still tight, they just weren’t together as a couple, thank goodness.   He felt Ted as he is now was so different from Ted back then.  Ted was very confident in his job and Brian valued him.  He also dressed much better this time.

 

This time he was a lot closer to Emmett.  Em was a lifesaver and always seemed available whenever he was needed, he probably would have been the last time, but Justin had been too self-absorbed at that time.

 

So far, his life was vastly different.  He’d managed to evade being bashed but still remembered what it had been like that had him appreciating his life now.  There were so many things that might change, and would he know them when they appeared?  Would he recognize the changes for what they were?

 

Then there was Michael.  Justin remembered working on the comic with him about a new villain that Michael had dubbed Juice Pig.  It wasn’t until much later that he’d made the connection between Ben and his days on steroids and the new character.  Thanks to Vic, Emmett, and Hunter, Ben never went down that road.

 

Michael, on the other hand, was a whole new kettle of fish.  No matter how hard Justin tried to limit contact with the man while keeping out of his and Brian’s friendship, Michael always seemed to find some way to aggravate Justin.

 

Before he could think of anything else, he heard the loft door open.  Justin turned his head as Brian came up the steps, shrugging off his jacket and kicking off his boots.

 

 “Where the fuck is everybody?”  Brian called out before he caught sight of Justin stretched out on their bed.

 

“Daph took the kids to see Santa.”

 

Brian swiped the blunt from Justin’s mouth and took a hit.  “Santa?  We just finished Thanksgiving.”

 

Thanksgiving had been wonderful.  Justin, Brian, Daphne, and Gus had gone to Emmett and Ted’s new place because Emmett wanted to try out his new kitchen and between the two of them, their homes were large enough to seat everyone.  It was decided to have it around noon because Deb was having her

Thanksgiving that night and she’d coerced Vic, Ted, Emmett, the girls, and Brian into attending.  There was no getting out of it.  In a way, it turned out for the best since Justin didn’t want Ben to meet up with Michael.  Somehow, he knew that Michael would make things all about him.

 

Vic and Emmett fixed an amazing meal.  The turkey was nice and tender, the sides included dressing, sweet potatoes, and a new recipe for green beans that Emmett had wanted to try out.  Vic outdid himself with deserts.  Daphne, Molly, Gus as well as Hunter ate heavily, while those that would have to eat again at Deb’s did so sparingly.  

 

Justin and Ted were quietly talking together about the various items that were arriving all charged to Justin’s card. 

 

“I had the credit card company send the order information to our IT guy,” Ted said.  “According to him, the IP address is definitely yours.”

 

Brian raised a brow as he half-way listened to the conversation.  He noticed Molly sinking lower in her chair.  “Mol, do you know anything about this?”

 

“It wasn’t my fault.  I just showed him once.”

 

“Showed who what, Sweetie,” Emmett asked.

 

“Him.”  Molly pointed at Gus.

 

Everyone looked at the child who was stuffing his face.  Molly went to another room and brought back her booksack. 

 

“Daph, could you clean him up?”

 

While Daphne got a washcloth and managed to wipe a wiggling Gus’ face and hands, Molly removed Justin’s i-pad, the one he rarely used and had given Molly, from the bag and set it in front of Gus.  Gus brightened up and clapped his hands.  “Pwesents.”

 

Without any prompting, he pushed the on button.  When it had booted up he looked at the icons and started touching certain ones.  It was amazing to watch as he pressed the store button, then went to the toy section, found something he liked then ordered it.

 

“Go, kid,” Hunter cheered.

 

“He’s got your shopping gene,” Emmett commented to Brian.

 

Ted went over and tried to take the i-pad from Gus, not an easy thing to do.  “I’ll have this thing wiped of any financial information.  In fact, I think we all need our computers safeguarded against something like this happening again.”

 

Gus looked up at him and stuck out his lower lip.  “No mo pwesents?”

 

Justin had been sitting on the sofa sketching when Brian showed up after Deb’s Thanksgiving feast.

 

“You’re home early,” Justin said surprised, getting up to give him a hug only to be bypassed when Brian flopped on the couch.  He looked down at Brian than plopped down on top of him.  He ran a finger over one of Brian’s brow before bestowing butterfly kisses on his lips.  “Was it that bad?”

 

Brian moaned.  “You don’t know.”

 

“Is he still fixating over Ben?”

 

“Not that you could tell, he was over the moon when the girls announced they were pregnant.”

 

“Well, we knew that would happen.”

 

“You’re not listening.  They, as in both of them, are pregnant.”

 

“What!”  Justin frowned.  “Well, we knew that was going to happen.”

 

“Yeah, but we didn’t know that they’d let Michael think that he was the father to both.  Deb’s over the moon.”

 

Justin groaned.  This would bring about a big change, currently, they had custody of Gus, and Justin hoped that the girls would find two more children more than they could handle and they could assimilate Justin’s child into their family.  God, that was such a difference from last time.  They had a family.  He needed to change the subject and quickly.

 

“I thought you were supposed to be out of town.”

 

“I was.  It was a setup.”

 

Justin lifted his head.  “WTF.”

 

Brian took a deep hint on the blunt letting the smoke out slowly.  “Yeah, I got there, and the client was none other than Jim Stockwell.”

 

Justin pushed a finger in his ear and twirled it around.  “I beg your pardon.  Did I hear you correctly?  I thought you had decided to work with Deekins.”

 

“I am.  That’s why it was such a surprise when I got to the meeting place and found Stockwell there.”

 

“Where was the meeting?”

 

“At a gym in Greensburgh.”

 

“Didn’t that seem odd?”

 

“Yeah, but I trusted Ted.  I’m planning to have a long talk with him tomorrow.”

 

That was strange.  Justin hadn’t known Ted well during that time, but he’d come to trust him.

 

“Are you going to sign him?”

 

“Shit no.  He was none too happy when I told him so.  He even tried to bribe me with a blow-job.”

 

Justin sat up.  His mouth hanging open as Brian blew out more smoke.

 

“Yes, turns out Jim Stockwell is a fag.”