Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Molly sets the record straight.

“Hey, look,” Brian said pointing to a picture of a classic corvette.

 

“Nice,” said Justin as he plastered cream cheese on his bagel.  “You plan on trading in the jeep?”

 

“Sort of.  I’m trading in the jeep for a SUV.”

 

“What!”

 

“Let’s face it, we have Gus and Molly.  Not to mention carting your artwork around.  It’s something you need.”

 

“Okay, I agree.  But how do you get the corvette.”

 

“I’m helping plan the GLC Carnival,” Brian announced smugly.

 

“You hate the GLC,” Justin reminded him.

 

“True, but with the commission I plan to make, we’ll be able to afford the corvette.  Especially when you work up a poster.”

 

Justin’s face lit up with delight.  He knew just what Brian wanted having done it before. 

 

Brian came up behind him and kissed the top of his head.  “You really need to get a haircut.”

 

“You don’t like it long?”  Justin pouted.

 

In a way, it was good that Justin had something to take his attention.  Jennifer true to her word had contacted news people and put force her version.  Justin had tried to keep this from Molly, but her schoolmates had no such compunction.  This had had Molly pissed off and she managed to talk Brian and Justin into letting her face the people who were making her life miserable. 

 

Marcus had their former home checked and there had been no signs of anyone having entered.  After much talking, they decided to hold an interview at the house.  Nobody needed to send out notices because they had been hounding Molly all week.

 

They sneaked in the back way and Molly went to the top of the stairs.  It was decided that Marcus, Ben, and Justin would be with her.  Brian and Ted had Kinnetik obligations and were more than willing to cancel them, but Molly vetoed that.  Emmett and Daphne were needed to protect Gus since Molly didn’t trust her mother one little bit.

 

Justin no sooner opened the door when at least ten news networks burst in and began searching the place.  A couple of the news people noticed Molly and rushed to the stairs causing Molly to back away, while Ben and Marcus moved to block anyone from trying to get to her.

 

Once everyone calmed down, Molly started her speech.  “My name is Molly Taylor and I use to live here.”

 

“What did you do with all the furniture?”  Someone asked.

 

Molly ignored the question and continued.  “About six months ago my mother fixed me breakfast and took me to school.  They had thrown out my brother two years ago and I figured one day they’d do the same to me.”  She heard Justin gasp, but she couldn’t stop to comfort him.  “When school ended I waited for my mom to pick me up.  When everyone left I called my brother's best friend.  Before I knew it my brother was at my school.  He took me to get something to eat before taking me here.  It was dark and the door was locked.  Justin climbed up the tree outside his window and came out to let me and Daphne, that’s his best friend inside.  The rooms were as you see them now.  The only room not empty was mine.  I didn’t know what to think.  My brother took me to his home and had someone looking into where my parents had gone.  Until a couple of days ago I hadn’t seen or heard from the woman who has been calling herself a loving mother.”

 

“If what you say is true, why hasn’t your mother been arrested?”

 

Molly looked at her lawyer.  She wanted to know the answer to that question too.

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Taylor were both reported to Children’s Protection Service and the police.  We’ve had private investigators looking for them.  Somehow they always seem to vanish before they can be taken into custody,”  Marcus explained.

 

“Why should we believe you over your mother?”  One of the reports called out.

 

Molly’s jaw dropped.  “Why would I make something like this up?  Fuck this, get out of this house.”  She pushed her way through the reporters only turning back when she got to the front door.  “And don’t think you can just report any old thing.  I recorded it all and will sic my lawyer on you if one word is changed.”

 

“That would be me,” Marcus said before following Molly out with Ben and Justin right behind him.  Once everyone was in the car the men burst out laughing while Molly crossed her arms over her chest and pouted.

 

“Molly, you’ve got to admit it was funny,” Justin chuckled, then he frowned.  “I just wish I knew what mom’s end game is.”

 

Molly sighed. 

 

“Can you drop me off at the gym?”  Ben requested.