Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Mysterious Marilyn shows up, same as she did the first time.  Will her advice cause the girls to change their plans.

 

Between school, painting, and helping Brian with his new agency, Justin was very busy.  Daphne, too, was busy with her classes.  Of the three of them, Brian seemed to find more time to do things other than work.   But that was because he was very good at multi-tasking.

 

He always made sure that Justin had time away from the loft.  That was how Justin found himself with the gang celebrating with Melanie and Lindsay at their bachelorette party that Leda had organized at Woody’s.  The room was dark and seeing all those women with their boobs hanging out was terrifying. 

 

It all felt like a déjà vu moment with everyone discussing what they were giving the couple and how difficult it was going to be.  Justin wondered, knowing the problems the girls were going to go through if he should try and change things.  Then the lights blinked and the drawing for the winner of an all-expense-paid trip to the White Party in Miami was announced.

 

Justin wasn’t surprised when the winner... or as the bartender said the lucky prick... was Brian Kinney.

 

Justin stood stock still.  It all came back, the bits and pieces that he’d forgotten.  Brian winning the trip to the white party and inviting Justin to go.  Deb talking him out of it.  His staying for the wedding which was off to a rocky start.

 

Things could go differently.  Deb wasn't in his life and unable to guilt him into staying for the wedding.  Did he really want to go to a white party?  Hell, yes he did.

 

Michael was doing his best to get Brian to feel guilty about not staying for the wedding, and Justin couldn't take it anymore.  As he headed out toward the door, he passed Mysterious Marilyn who immediately ordered him to sit down.

 

"Shall we see what the cards have in store?"  Marilyn asked.  She held up a deck of cards indicating that Justin should touch them.  Once that was done she dealt three cards turning them face up.  Her face turned quizzical.  "Let me see your palm."

 

Justin wasn't sure he wanted to, but eventually he held out his hand.

 

Marilyn, pulled Justin palm close and studied it.  "Hmmm, a double lifeline.  That explains it."  She let go of Justin's hand.  "You are reliving a life.  Trust your instincts.  So far things have been going well."

 

She blinked her eyes.  "Shall we see what the cards have in store?"  she asked, almost as if she hadn't already asked that question.

 

Justin backed away and ran out of the building.

 

QAF

 

It was late when Brian finally made it to the loft.  "I'll be so glad when we move into the new location and get our home back."

 

Justin was sitting on the sofa having worked on some color schemes for Kinnetik's new offices.  His mind was all over the place and he eventually began doodling.

 

"Are you mad at me?"  Brian asked.  "About winning the auction?"

 

Justin got up and wrapped himself around Brian, giving him a sizzling kiss.  "No, of course not.  The white party sounds great.  It's just that I ran into Mysterious Marilyn and she foretold some things."

 

Brian laughed.  "Yeah, I hear she told the girls not to have their wedding on the date they've picked.  Something about Mercury being in retrograde."

 

Justin nodded his head into Brian's chest.  "Anything could happen you know."

 

His mind replaying all the things that had gone wrong.  Lindsay's grandmother's wedding dress going missing, then being destroyed by the cleaners.  They'd manage to get past that by the fact that Brian had bought both of them outfits for the open house party.  Then the rings being lost, not to mention the venue being shut down due to salmonella poisoning and with Emmett not being together with George they wouldn't be able to use the Sickle mansion.  So many problems that would need different solutions this time.

 

Brian pulled him into the bedroom.  "I hope you don't mind my not taking you to the white party."

 

Justin was surprised.  This was a change he wasn't prepared for.

 

"You can't go because I've decided to give the girls the tickets.  After all somebody has to watch Gus and it might as well be us."

 

Justin gave him his sunshiniest smile and pushed him down on the bed.

 

Their morning was disturbed by a crying Melanie at their door.

 

"The weddings off."

 

"You two have finally come to your senses?"

 

"It's because of Lindsay."  Melanie sobbed.  "She...with all the disasters, and Mysterious Marilyn, Mercury in retrograde, and the rings and the food and the hall.  She thinks the wedding’s not supposed to happen because we're gay."

 

"Christ," was Brian's disgusted response. 

 

"You don't really believe Mysterious Marilyn, do you?"  Justin asked.

 

Melanie shook her head vehemently. "No, but Lindsay does."

 

"Okay, let's look at this logically.  What's wrong with the rings?"  Brian asked.

 

Melanie was still sobbing.  "The jeweler lost them."

 

"For the love of Pete."  You could see the wheels in Brian's head turning.  "What happened with the food and the hall?"

 

The caterer was shut down due to salmonella," Mel sobbed.

 

Justin turned away so she couldn't see him giggling.

 

"Well, that's not a problem.  Emmett can cater."

 

"By Saturday?"  Justin asked.

 

Brian got out his phone.  "Only one way to find out."  He pushed a few buttons.  "Hey, Em.  We need you to cater Mel and Lindz's wedding."  He pulled the phone from his ear.  "I know it's this Saturday, but their caterer had to pull out."  You could hear jabbering.  "Yeah, I don't know why they didn't go with you in the first place." More jabbering.  "Where?  I don't know, the caterer they were using had to cancel that too."  Silence, then a different voice came on the line.  "Are you sure?  That would solve all their problems.  Thanks, Marcus."

 

Brian shut down his phone and turned to Mel.  "Mercury in retrograde has nothing on me.  Em has agreed to cater and your cousin insists you use his house for the venue.  It's big enough."

 

Then he shoved Melanie out of the house.  "Justin and I are going to be busy."

 

"Going to the white party," Melanie sneered.

 

"No, having sex," Brian said.  "Besides I'm giving you two the tickets for a wedding present."  Then he shut the door before turning back to Justin and pulling him close.

 

QAF

 

The new plans for the wedding seemed to be going smoothly.  Melanie couldn't very well turn down her cousin's offer to use his home since he was family.  He even had a formal garden with a variety of flowers they could use for the reception.

 

Brian talked with the jeweler and it only took the threat of a lawsuit to get him to search and locate the missing rings. 

 

The only glitch came when Lindsay showed up at the loft to refuse the offer of the free tickets to Miami for their honeymoon. 

 

She held out the tickets and said, "We can't accept these."

 

"Why?"  Justin wanted to know.

 

"Justin, dear, this is between Brian and me," Lindsay said in a sickenly sweet tone.

 

He looked at Brian who shrugged then went up the stairs to the bedroom and on to the bathroom, leaving the door cracked so he could hear what was said.

 

"I want you to go, it wouldn't be right for us to use these when you don't want to come to the wedding.  I want you to fuck a lot of beautiful guys."

 

Justin was worried that Brian might take her up on it until Brian said, "And I want to spend time with my son.  Of course, if you don't want them, I can just tear these up."

 

"No, no.  If you feel that way about it we'll accept," Lindsay rushed to say.

 

Once she left Justin came out of hiding.

 

"I hope you have no plans to get married," Brian insisted.

 

Justin smiled brightly.  "I don't need a piece of paper when we have two bedrooms available." 

 

He reached down and gripped Brian's cock through his pants.  Brian grabbed the hand rubbing him and dragged him upstairs to their bed.

 

So, while the girls got married Brian and Justin spent some quality time with Gus.