Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

The King of Babylon contest.  Will Justin win again?

The following weeks were rough on Brian.  Somehow word had gotten around that Brian was suspected of killing his mother.  Ryder was the first to put him on suspension and trying to find a reason to fire him.  That put a hold on any plans to start his own company.  Brian tried to act as if it didn't bother him, but Justin knew better.

 

Ted and Emmett did their best to assure him that they didn't for a moment think he'd been responsible.  Even Melanie came out saying that she didn't believe it either.  Michael, on the other hand, was always throwing out digs about what he shouldn't or should've done.

 

Luckily the King of Babylon contest started and most of Liberty Avenue turned their attention to that. 

 

Justin was still working at the diner, because he didn't want people to know about his inheritance.  Brian had gone along because he hadn't wanted people to think he was a kept man.

 

"Who cares about a bunch of steroid gym bunnies dancing around in their shorts, anyway?" Brian expressed distain, surprising just about everyone but Justin.

 

"Considering you fucked all of last year's contestants - you?"  Debbie snarked.

 

Of course, Michael had to throw in his two cents.  "Who wouldn't fuck Brian?"

 

"Can anyone enter?"  asked Justin ignoring Michael.  "What's the prize?"

 

"Why?  You planning on entering?"  Brian wanted to know.

 

"I figure if you aren't entering, a sure win as we all know, I might try for it," Justin said with a smile, ignoring Michael's snicker.

 

"Brian, you're not going to let him make a fool of himself are you?"  Michael whined.

 

Brian looked thoughtfully at Justin.  "I don't tell Justin what to do.  He can make up his own mind.  He's a good dancer.  Might be HOT!"

Justin smiled brightly.

 

"I heard that the prize is $1,000 and a trip to the Bahamas," Ted said.

 

"So, who all is going?"  Emmett asked.

 

"I don't know.  I don't think David would want to go, 'cause it's kinda late," Michael said.

 

"He's got a curfew?"  Justin asked.

 

"I'll have you know he gets up at 6 o'clock in the morning and runs five miles while you're still in your bed."

 

"I feel that's when I get my best cardio workout," Brian quipped.

 

"I'm sure he'd go if I wanted it."  Michael backtracked.

 

"Uh-huh."  You could tell that Brian didn't believe him.

 

"It's true," Michael insisted.

 

"Alright, then make sure he's there."

 

"Alright, I will."

 

"Ok."

 

"Ok." 

 

Justin began to worry.  He'd studied his notes on what had occurred at this time, especially since he did not remember Brian's mother dying.  He knew for a certainty that he'd won the contest, though the last time David had come close to winning. What was Brian up to?

 

"You coming?"  Emmett asked Ted.

 

"Well, Babylon isn't exactly a drug-free environment."

 

"You know Blake's a big boy why don't you let him decide?"  Brian asked.  Which made Justin want to know what he'd missed out on that everyone else seemed to know.

 

"I'm fine.  Really," Blake declared.

 

"We're in," Ted asserted then.  Justin felt bad that he hadn't paid much attention to Ted and Emmett during that time.  He vowed to himself to do better.

 

"Hurrah!  Only it's starting to feel like a permanently couples night, and I'm the only single boy left."  Emmett complained.

 

Justin held his breath.

 

Brian wrapped his arm around Sunshine's shoulders.  "I guess you are."

 

The weather was cold as the gang met up at Babylon and even Justin had to admit that for an old guy David looked hot.  Every time he entered Babylon, he remembered the last time he'd seen it all buckled and twisted metal, bloody bodies, smoke fogging everything.  Yet another thing to watch out for and try to work around. 

 

"Wow.  David, you...you look great."  Emmett declared earning a glare from Michael.

 

"Ok, enough of this.  Let's go inside!"  Brian announced.

 

Brian decided he wanted to dance and dragged Justin to the floor.  In the middle of their third dance, the loudspeaker over rid the music.

 

"Gentlemen and gentlemen, welcome our hostess for the evening.  Her royal highness Sheba, Queen of Babylon.  A litter carried by four very hunky and loined-clothed guys paraded around the dance floor to the stage.  Dressed in the finest of Cleopatra costumes, Sheba stumbled out of her chariot almost falling.

 

"Gotta make sure that my royal tits are intact," Sheba muttered into the mic as she adjusted herself.  "Alright boys.  Go away.  Go away now -- go play with yourselves."

 

Even Brian laughed at the crude quip.

 

"Welcome to the 47th Annual Academy award...opps, wrong show.  Welcome to the King of Babylon contest where the competition is stiff, and so are the contestants!  But don't fret boys you can still drop trow and win a thou."

 

Justin remembered the reason he entered the contest last time and it still hurt.  This time he wanted to enter to see if he would win again.  He looked at Brian silently asking permission.  Brian nodded his okay.  With a huge smile on his face Justin headed for the registration area.

 

Emmett pulled Justin back, "Baby, you don't have to do this."

 

Justin wondered why.  "I want to."

 

Emmett looked at Brian for help.  He didn't think Justin had a chance. 

 

"It's educational, Em.  Every gai boi's dream."  Brian winked.

 

Emmett sighed as Justin asked for his help with a costume.  They went over and filled out the questionnaire.   That was easy he just used the same answers as last time.

 

After finding the perfect outfit Emmett disappeared.  Justin had no memory of what occurred to Emmett.  David and Brian appeared to be having an interesting conversation and when Brian went to the signup booth, Justin wondered what he was up to.

 

Just then Sheba began announcing the next contestant.  "Our next contestant likes younger men.  His favorite pastime is feeling superior and his special skill is manipulating people."  If Justin didn't know better, he would have thought she was describing Brian.

 

"Let's put our hands together for Pittsburgh's hunkiest chiropractor, Dr. David Cameron."

 

Justin's eyes were on the good doc.  He saw him looking shocked then turn to Brian.  It was clear he was calling Brian an asshole.  Brian was shaking his head and if Justin was lip reading correctly, he was saying he didn't do it.

 

Justin pushed his way through the crowd so he could find out what was being said.  Brian was telling Michael.  "Now why would I do that?  You know I find this obsession with youth and abs so appalling."

 

Michael was telling David.  "You don't have to go up there."

 

"Believe me, I have no intention."

 

Then Michael made his fatal mistake.  "Thank God.  You don't want to make a fool of yourself, dancing around in your underwear at your age."

 

Justin tried to keep from laughing.

 

"You think I can't do it?  At my age?"  David asked Michael, his tone dangerous.

 

"Paging Dr. Cameron!"  Sheba called out.

 

David headed for the stage.  The music started and David began to unbutton his shirt.  He's getting into it and the crowd is cheering him on.  Michael is acting all embarrassed.  David ripped his t-shirt off and even Brian was whistling. 

 

"He's not bad," Justin yells out.

 

Brian pulls him close.  "He's okay."  Nipping Justin on the ear.

 

As the doc leaves the stag a lot of guys surround him, complimenting him and offering their numbers.  Michael rushes over and pushes them away.

 

"May I have your attention, boys and boys?  The next contestant loves the Powerpuff Girls, margaritas, and older men.  Here's Justy."

 

Brian pushed Justin toward the stage and began clapping.  The loudspeaker began playing 'High School Confidential', and Justin let the music carry him away.  His eyes were on Brian as he gripped his cowboy hat then began twirling his hips.  Brian gave him a thumbs up as he rubbed against the pole.  Slowly he unzipped his pants and was soon dancing around in his tighty whities.  He didn't worry that he'd disappoint because in spite of his small stature he was hung.  He jumped off the stage into Brian's arms to the cheer of the crowd.

 

Then they announced the new king of Babylon.  "I believe we have a winner.  Everybody down on your knees where I know you want to be for the new King of Babylon.  His royal highness...Justin!

 

Justin smiled as the crown is placed on his head.  He looks at Brian who tilts his head toward David.  Nodding his understanding he walks over to where everyone is standing takes the crown off his head and standing on tip toes places it on David's head. 

 

David looked surprised; Michael mad.  The crowd cheered, as much as they were happy that Justin won, the new king was fine by them.

 

Ted leaned in close to Brian and Justin.  "Gee, when I signed him up, I didn't think he was going to win.  I hope he doesn't waste the prize on Mikey."  He seemed pleased when Michael stormed off.

 

If Ted had signed David up what had Brian been doing?  Brian and Justin exchanged looks and wondered what Michael had done to piss Ted off.

 

Michael didn't get too far when Deb and Melanie show up.  "Mom, Melanie, what are you doing here?"

 

"Where's Brian?"  

 

Brian listened while Deb and Melanie explain that Vic was arrested for indecent exposure and they need five thousand dollars.

 

"I would Debbie, but I can't rob a bank on Saturday Night."

 

David offered to cover it if they took checks, but Melanie said, "Only if it's certified."

 

That let Justin out of it as well.  He could afford it, but he didn't have that amount available in cash.

 

Blake had disappeared, but he was soon back.  He held out a card to Deb.  "If you call this number, mention this guy's name.  They'll put up the bail for you."

 

Justin let out a sigh of relieve as everyone thanked Blake for helping.  Ted never looked prouder.

 

The next morning at the diner, everyone was kidding Michael about David's taking home the crown. 

 

"You should have kept it," Emmett said.  "A thousand dollars and a trip to the Bahamas is nothing to sneeze at."

 

Justin didn't want to mention that he didn't need the money.  "I got paid when we got back to the loft."

 

Brian smirked. 

 

Emmett disappeared and Ted said, "I'd like to hear more. Speak slowly and e-nun-ciate."

 

Justin shook his head as they all laughed.

 

Emmett came back with a poster.  "So, who's up for the Absolute Abs Contest?"