Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Story Notes:

At the end of the series Justin headed off to New York.  But after a couple of years there getting on the subway changes things.

Author's Chapter Notes:

And so we begin  stories/713/images/Deep_Down_2.jpg

 

Justin Taylor slipped a token into the turnstile then pushed through to join the masses boarding the trains.  Fighting the crowds, he finally found a spot to stand without being squashed too much.  Next to him was an elderly lady who wasn't tall enough to reach one of the straps so he switched places with her so she could hold onto the post.  There was a kid sitting nearby taking up a seat and if Justin felt like being gallant, he would have told him to move so the lady could sit, but he didn't.

Lately his dreams had been disturbing.  Michael Novotny kept showing up in them, his face twisted with hatred.  Memories of the nastiness in his voice as he told Justin that Brian would never love him, that Brian doesn't do love and later cornering Justin at the diner and ordering him to just go away and never come back.  Justin wasn't sure why after all these years those particular incidents came to mind.

Justin was so busy thinking about his dreams he was startled when he felt a hand slipping into his pants pocket.  He looked down then followed the hand to the sweet-faced little old lady who was trying to pick his pocket.  She had a sheepish smile on her face as she slowly withdrew her hand.  Before he could do anything there was a screech of brakes and people were flying and screaming.

Season 1

Episode 1(Premiere)

 

The next thing Justin knew he was stepping into a puddle.  He looked down at his soaked sneakers, then his gaze went up and he found that he was back on Liberty Avenue.  Shocked, he looked around as he automatically reached behind his ear to scratch it and found a cigarette. 

Lighting it, he looked up and sure enough the guy who he had asked where there were good places to go was leaning against a light post.  That had scared him then and since he already knew the answers, he figured that this time he wouldn't waste his time asking.

Justin continued to walk around thinking this could be his second chance, maybe he could right some wrongs.  He knew the results might change his life, but the life he'd lived the last few years made it seem worth it.

Meandering down the familiar street he stopped to rest against a light post little realizing it was the same one under which he'd met Brian so long ago.  Suddenly when he least expected it there in front of him stood Brian looking as hot as he had that first night. 

"How's it going?  You had a busy night?"

Justin looked away before turning back to counter with the lie he’d given that night.  "Just, uh, checking out the bars, you know?  Boytoy, Meat Hook."

"Meat Hook?  Really?  So, you're into leather?"

"Sure."  Lie.  Looking back on it, he was sure Brian had known that.

"Where’re you headed?"

Justin felt light-headed. History was repeating itself, he licked his lips and held his breath before answering the same way he’d done the first time.   "No place special."

"I can change that."

Justin's heart almost stopped.  The next thing he knew he was sitting next to Brian in his jeep.  One quick look at Michael and he knew that what happened next would not turn out well.

"Hey! Hey, what about us?"  Emmett demanded.

Brian put the jeep into gear.  "You can ride with Ted."

Before Brian could put his foot on the accelerator, Justin touched his thigh and changed the script.  "I don't mind if you want to take them home first," he suggested softly.

Brian rolled his lips and surprised Justin, who was sure that he was going to be ignored.  "Sure, why not.  Get in, guys."

Emmett and Michael scrambled in calling out, "Bye, Ted."  as Brian took off.

Michael leaned forward resting his arms on the seat back.  "He's kinda young for you."

Brian looked Justin up and down and smiled, not answering his 'best friend'.

"What's your name, Sweetie,” Emmett leaned forward to ask.

"Justin."

"You know Brian never asks for names,” Michael gripped.  "So why are you wanting to know."

"Just being polite."  Emmett responded cheekily as he settled back in the rear seat of the jeep.

Brian soon pulled up in front of the building where Emmett and Michael shared an apartment.  Michael seemed reluctant to exit the jeep until Brian gave him 'the look' and then he hopped out.

Things were changing already, hopefully for the better. 

Secretly pleased with the changes so far, Justin held his breath as he followed Brian into the loft stopping at the entrance to take it all in.  This time he didn't wait for Brian to tell him to shut the door doing it automatically.  He turned around and watched Brian take off his clothing and pour water down his head which proved just as sexy as the first time.  Should he follow the script or continue to change it?  Rather than looking childish, Justin decided to go all out.  What was the worst that could happen?  He glanced around the loft, catching sight of his reflection in a mirror.  "I'm seventeen,” he blurted out.

Brian just raised an eyebrow as he unsnapped his jeans one snap at a time and slowly pushed them down.  Then he gripped his jock strap and pulled it down.  He spread his arms, proudly displaying his naked body.  "So, are you coming or going?  Or coming and then going?  Or coming and staying?"

Justin wanted to shout.  ‘I'm coming and staying.’  but he didn't.  Instead he said.  "I just want to get laid like everyone else."  He took off his windbreaker and walked up to Brian, letting him take the lead as they danced around each other before their mouths finally made contact.   Soon he found himself naked on Brian's bed. 

Brian was sitting on top of Justin stroking his cock.  "Don't come yet."

This time around Justin smiled since he had experience and knew he could control himself.

"So, what do you like to do?"

Justin bit his bottom lip.  He wasn't about to give the inane answers he had the first time.

"Are you a top or a bottom?"

This time Justin when he answered it was the truth.  "Top ... and bottom."  The first time he hadn't a clue what those terms meant.  Now he did. 

"Oh, you're versatile then."

This time all he did was smile agreeably.

"Do you like to rim?"

"Sure."  Boy was Brian going to be surprised.  "I love it."

"Go to it," Brian ordered.  It was obvious that he didn't think Justin could or would.  Before Justin could act however the phone rang and Brian reached over and answered.  "Yeah.  What?  When?  Are you kidding me?  Of course, you're not kidding me.  When did it happen?  Why didn't you call me?"  All the time stroking Justin's cock.  Only this time Justin was not going to go off prematurely.  "Well, of course, I was out.  I can't believe it."

It was time for Gus to make his appearance.  Now Justin had to hope he would still be going along.

"I'll be right there."  Brian climbed off Justin and dialed another number.  Damn, he should have guessed that the first person he called would be Michael.  "Melanie called.  It's happened." Brian said into the receiver as he rushed around putting his clothes back on.  "I don't know, I had my damn cell phone off.  I'm picking you up in two minutes."

"What's going on?"  Justin asked as Brian tossed him his clothes, even though he knew.

"Everything.  Come on, get up.  You gotta go."

Justin knew that this was another chance to see if he could change things.  If he did what Brian wanted it was possible, he might never have his first time, never meet Gus, and never see Brian again.  So, he stalled as he pulled on his clothes.  "What?"

"You gotta go home."

"I can't go home now.  My parents think I'm staying at a friend's."

"That's right you're only seventeen."  Brian huffed.  "Okay, come on.  We have to pick up Mikey."

This time there was no talking about Brian's first time, but that was okay, Justin knew the story.

~QAF~

Justin gripped the overhead bar as Brian zoomed through the streets honking his horn.  They pulled up to where Michael was impatiently waiting.

"You brought him?"  It was strange to hear Michael rudely repeat what he said the first time though Justin hadn't paid that much attention at the time.

"He's got nowhere to go.  Get in."

Michael reluctantly climbed in the back seat and Justin could feel the waves of animosity rolling off him.

This time as they raced through the halls, Justin decided he'd try not to take the limelight away from Michael.  Maybe it would make a difference.  So, when they made it to the room, he let Michael go ahead of him.  All eyes were on Brian.  There was Lindsay lying in a hospital bed holding Gus.  Wait, Justin wasn't supposed to know Lindsay, Melanie, or Gus.

"Oh, my God."  Brian said as he got his first look at the baby. 

"Say hello to your son."  Lindsay said.

"Well, go on,” Michael insisted as he pushed Brian toward the bed.

Justin didn't remember Brian being so hesitant.

When did it start?"  Brian asked as he got closer.

"Around 7:00," Mel informed him. This time Justin notice the animosity in her voice.

"Six hours later, there he was." Lindsay couldn't take her eyes off Gus or Brian for that matter.

"Oh, I wish I could have been here.  How often do I get to see snatch?"

"Looks just like you,” Lindsay said. 

Justin couldn't see it himself.  Babies just looked like, well, babies.

"I guess he must be mine then."

"Want to hold him?"  Lindsay offered.

Brian reached for his son.

"Careful don't drop him,” Melanie warned as if she expected him to do just that and Justin wanted to smack her.

"That's just what I was going to do."  Brian snarked back.  The baby made crying sounds at the transfer.

"We were thinking of names.  Mel wants to call him Abraham, after her grandfather, but I like Gus."

It struck Justin that he never realized how manipulative Lindsay was back then.  Lindsay was looking at Brian to make a choice and it was obvious which name she wanted him to choose. 

Justin noticed this time that Brian wasn’t falling into this trap and wasn’t surprised when he turned around and asked, "What do you think?"

Everyone was looking at them.  Justin decided to let Michael field that question.  "Abraham sounds okay."

Justin groaned silently; how stupid could Michael be?  He couldn't in all conscious let that stand.  "He wouldn't survive a day at school being named Abraham.  But I guess Gus is okay."

Of course, Melanie was not happy with that answer and wanted to know who the hell Justin was. It was the first time that Justin notice how antagonistic she was.  To be honest Justin was curious about how Brian was going to answer that.

"His name is Justin."  Brian said.

Justin couldn’t believe it; Brian remembered his name!

"He's just some trick Brian picked up,” Michael contributed snippily not caring how bad that made Brian look.

Brian ignored Michael.  "Gus.  It's a good butch name.  Gus, give daddy a smile."

Everyone was cooing over Gus amazed that he’d obediently listened to his dad, while Brian took the time to disappear, Michael trailing after him.  Justin was torn between staying as he had last time or following Brian.

A nurse came in and said that she would need to take the baby to the nursery and that decided it.  Justin knew that Brian would want to say good night to his son.  He wondered out into the hallway, looking for some sign as to where they had gone.  One of the lesbian's that had been in the room suggest that he try the stairway that led to the roof.

Taking the stairs two steps at a time he got up there just in time to hear Michael arguing.  "Hello?  Somebody did.  But you wouldn't listen.  You had to let Lindsay fill your head with all her bullshit flattery.  Oh, Brian, you're so good looking. Oh, oh, Brian, Y-y-you're so smart.  Oh, oh, you got such great genes, Brian, and I don't mean your 501s. And you're stuck with a kid.  For life."

Michael's talk infuriated Justin, especially knowing how he’d changed his tune when Jenny Rebecca came along.  Brian just became a father and that was all he could say?  How was that supportive?  Justin cleared his throat and interrupted.  "They're going to take Gus to the nursery.  Do you want to say good night?"

"Yeah, let's go."  They hit the stairway door and made their way down, Justin bringing up the rear.  Brian had a pill and he offered it to Michael.  "Want one."  When Michael refused Brian popped into his mouth. "More for me."

"Listen you're going to say goodnight to Lindsay, and you're going to go home, go to bed, and get up and go to work for the next twenty years to support your kid."

Justin rolled his eyes, had Michael always felt he had the right to tell Brian what he should do? 

"I'll meet you out front," Brian said to Michael handing him the car keys while pushing Justin to the door.

Michael and Justin made it to the jeep.  Michael griping all the way.  "Get in the back," he ordered.

When Brian finally arrived, he climbed into the back with Justin much to Mikey's dismay and Justin's delight.

"Tick, tick, tick."  Brian was totally wasted.  "I'm going to fuck you. I'm going to fuck you all night long." He reached for the zipper on Justin's pants.  His head going down.  Justin decided to stop him.  "Wait for it."

Brian looked at Justin weirdly, just then the jeep swerved sharply. 

"Sorry, I didn't want to hit that doggie,” Michael offered.  "Okay, Boy Wonder.  I'm taking you home.  Where do I turn?"

Justin was pissed.  Had Michael been calling him that for this long.

"He's going with me,” Brian said.

"Oh, no he's not,” Michael insisted.

Justin had had enough.  They hadn't even gotten to the main event and he wasn't going home until Brian fucked him. "I'm going with him."

Michael continued to try to talk Brian into not taking Justin home all the way to the loft.  To shut him up Brian told him he could keep the jeep for the night.

Soon Justin and Brian were back in the loft and naked.  Brian was showing him what rimming really was and Justin was enjoying every moment of it.

If Justin thought it wouldn't hurt because of his experience since that night, he was wrong.  Brian prepared him well and put on a condom, but he was much tighter, as tight as the first time.

Though he should have expected it, the next morning Brian seemed to be surprised to find him there.  That hurt.  Justin had hoped for a different reaction.  Well, this would either turn out good or not.  Justin reminded him of what happened, and that Michael had the car.  He didn’t bother to ask if he could use the bathroom.  He counted to three and smirked when Brian joined him, he seemed to not remember most of the night before.  Brian washed him in between asking questions.  They ended up doing his favorite thing, fucking in the shower.

Once they were done Michael showed up letting himself in without knocking.   He kept insisting that they were going to be late, while Brian insisted that they were going to take Justin to school.  Michael harried Justin to get ready.  He seemed pissed.  It wasn't until they got downstairs that Justin remembered why.  The jeep had been vandalized.  Michael insisted it wasn't his fault.  Evidently two psychopaths down the street had spray painted Brian's jeep.  Listening to the two of them gripping was just as funny as the first time.

Despite all that Brian was still insisting that they take Justin to school. 

"In this?"  Michael asked.

"You care?"  Brian asked Justin.

Justin gave it some thought and decided now would be a good time to try some more changes.  "Fuck, no.  But I think I'll catch the bus anyway."  He dashed down the street to where a bus had just pulled up.  Thank goodness he had some change in his pocket.  As the bus went past, he watched as Brian lit into Michael and couldn't help chuckling.  At least he wouldn't get outed today.

By the time he got to school Daphne was waiting for him with his clothes like before.  Brian had never said he'd see him again, but he hadn't been able to say he wouldn't either.  He decided that he was going to let Daphne in on what happened and the sooner the better.

 

.