I know what Brian is doing -- he’s being protective of me, the same way he always has been. That’s just his nature; he’ll do anything for his friends, and he never wants to see anyone he cares about get hurt, physically or otherwise. But I’m a big girl, and I can take care of myself.
Cynthia and Brian are more than just co-workers; they're friends. Family, really. But how will they support one another when push comes to shove?
This story fits into the "Changed" verse.
Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION
, Post-513 Fic
, Real Life Issues Characters: Brian
, Original Character(s)
None Series: Stories from the "Changed" Verse
July 03, 2019 Updated:
August 07, 2019
Thanks to SandiD and PrettyTheWorld for all of the support, brainstorming, and the beta work to help me make this story the best it could be! <3 Thanks also to Sandi for the lovely banner!
The time frame of this story overlaps with "Near Life Experience," "My Father's Son," and "Comfortable," adding to the series plot while simultaneously filling in gaps and exploring already-mentioned details from other points of view.
1. Chapter 1 by TrueIllusion [Reviews - 4] (3899 words)
One year ago today, I posted the first fanfic I had written in about fifteen years, in a fandom I had never written for, a mere 24 hours after I started writing the story. I never would have dreamed that a year later, I would have more than 500,000 words written and published -- close to 600,000. But, here we are, thanks in large part to the support and encouragement of the readers of this fandom. I love and appreciate you all so much, and I thank you for giving my stories a chance. <3
2. Chapter 2 by TrueIllusion [Reviews - 3] (3263 words)
3. Chapter 3 by TrueIllusion [Reviews - 3] (4231 words)
4. Chapter 4 by TrueIllusion [Reviews - 4] (5137 words)
5. Chapter 5 by TrueIllusion [Reviews - 3] (3341 words)
This chapter may contain a mild trigger for some. Pro-choice views are mentioned but no direct action is implied.
6. Chapter 6 by TrueIllusion [Reviews - 3] (3448 words)
7. Chapter 7 by TrueIllusion [Reviews - 3] (4142 words)
8. Chapter 8 by TrueIllusion [Reviews - 3] (4592 words)
9. Epilogue by TrueIllusion [Reviews - 5] (1395 words)