Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction


Chapter 2: WTF

Bianca watched closely as her boss stood there just holding his cellphone. She knew that he had just gotten off the phone with his partner, it’s not like he had walked away to have the conversation, but something had happened she could feel it. He looked as if the wind had got knocked out of his sails.

“Everything alright Blue?” she asked carefully.

“I was just talking to Brian, he can’t make it to lunch.”

“OH well maybe it’s for the best. I don’t need him around here judging me for having a second helping of pancakes.” she joked.

She noticed that her friend did6 come back with his usual sass.

“Is everything okay?” she asked concerned.

“The reason that Brian couldn’t join us is because his mother died.” he finally looked up at her.

“Oh no that’s terrible. Well come on, let's pack up some stuff and take it to him, i’m sure right now what he needs the most if a good old hug from you, and maybe Pepper?” she asked a little confused at the change in her friends demeanor.

“Listen Brian’s mother is sort of a pain in the ass, and when he told me she was dead I was seriously surprised that he didn’t tell me that he was someplace dancing a jig. He seemed sad, and that’s what scared me the most. He didn’t share much so he doesn’t want me there, but i wonder what’s happening where he is.

--------

“Brian didn’t understand what was going on? He had walked into this house looking for something to bury the devil in, and now, now what had he just read? Shara Cross, he knew that name. He knew he had heard it in his lifetime. He thought maybe he had heard it a lot. Shara Cross, Shara Cross, Shara Cross, when was the first time he had heard it……..

Flashback

Okay Sonnyboy listen up, today we are going some place and we’re going to meet a whole bunch of people. Now some of them may be a bit mean to you, but don’t worry about that. Today is a the birthday of a good friend, and she’s been dying to meet you.

“Do iI have to wear this tie daddy?” Brian smiled at his father

“Yes, we want her to see what a smart young man you are.” Jack smiled.

“What’s her name?”

“Her name is Shara, and she’s going to love you.” he smiled rubbing down his hair.

“Jack a word.” Joan called out from the doorway.

“You stay right here, get your shoes.” Jack smiled once again.

Brian knew that when his father told him something if he knew what was good for him he’d listen, but sometimes he would sneak away and listen to them talk. So he was quiet when he snuck up to the bedroom door.

“What the hell do you think that you’re doing?” Joan shouted.

“You said that you had plans today with Claire, so I’ve decided that Adrian and I had someplace to be.” he explained.

“You will not call him that! His name is Brian, that is the name I gave him, and that is the name that he will be called. I know your plans for today. You think i don’t remember what today is? When did she arrive?”

“They arrived yesterday. We are going to the park, everyone will be there. They want to meet him.”

“They want to meet him? That’s bullshit! She wants to meet him, and then she’ll tell her lies and introduce him, and no one will no the truth. She has no problems because nothing in her life has changed. She ruined us, but she is as happy as the day I saw her. I should’ve have known that she would be that way, but i didn’t want to believe the things that my father said.

“Don’t you dare bring him into this! You can’t feel the way he does, and love Brian.”

“I love him because he is a victim, and he will never know the truth about his father and his whore!”

She didn’t have the to put her hand up he had smacked her so hard. Once her vision cleared she saw Brian standing in the doorway.

“Brian get out of those clothes and put on something to make a mess in.” she smiled.

“Dad said that we were going someplace special.”

“Your father will be going but not you, stay here with me and we’ll do something fun. I know we’ll make Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake.” she smiled.
“Okay.” he smiled

She watched as he ran off happily, before she turned around to face her husband.

“You had no right to do that!” Jack spat.

“I had every right, and you need to remember that. You need to let Shara go, because she let the two of you go a long time ago. You did what you did, and in the end she didn’t choose you! The worst thing of all is she didn’t choose him!

End Flashback

He remembered that day. He remembered it now, but when he was younger it didn’t seem as if it was like that. She was loving, she was loving, why was she loving? Why was she trying to take up for him? Who the hell was Shara Cross? Why didn’t she love him?

He went back to the letters. They were so many, but he was trying to put them in order. He had to know what was going on. h e knew he was quite young, so he was going to have to go and find one of the earlier ones. It didn’t take him long to put them in order by the day they were postmarked. He picked the first one and braced himself for the worst.

Dear Joan,

Who the hell do you think you are? This was not a part of our agreement. It was my birthday, you had no right to keep him away on my birthday! That’s why we didn’t tell you because we knew that you would never allow it. It’s your way of punishing me for what i did to you. I’m sorry, how many times must I say that I’m sorry. Jack and I never meant to hurt you, but what about the sacrifice that i’m making? What about what i’m losing? You have Jack and you have our son. You know what i have, and you think that makes things better. It doesn’t, i’m in hell. I’m in hell everyday, and as my friend, as someone who said that they loved me you were supposed to make it better! You didn’t. You’re making things worse, and no i will not stop sending letters! I will send them until he is an adult, and i will send them until you forgive me and realize that i will always love you.
Love,
Shara

Brian tried to think about his memories, and he knew that Shara had come up alot. He knew that she was something. There was something more, and with what he had remembered and with his memories he only had one thought. What the fuck was going on?

End Notes:
Bigger questions right? I know that you are wondering what is going on? In many ways this chapter may not make sense and that’s the point. All you got is the memories of Brian as a boy, and a letter that makes no sense if u don’t know the context. The next chapter will add more back story and then the letters will make sense as a whole. Just stay with me, I hope you are still enjoying it.