"If you can't love yourself, how the hell are you going to love somebody else?" ~RuPaul Charles
Justin's journey to self-acceptance and personal transition is long and winding. Will he learn to love himself as others love him?
*THIS STORY IS NOW COMPLETE!*
Categories: FEATURED STORY
, QAF-U.S. FICTION
, Alternate Universe
, Angst With a Happy Ending
, Brian/Justin Characters: Brian
, Other Canon Characters
January 17, 2019 Updated:
April 21, 2019
Banner Made By bissa 666 with special thanks to Kathleen 7wildwaysup
Beta:Kim (predec2) Can't thank you enough!!!
DISCLAIMER: QAF and its characters are the sole property of Cowlip Productions and Showtime. No copyright infringement is intended.
1. The Beginning by guavejuice [Reviews - 7] (1889 words)
2. Dinner with the Parents by guavejuice [Reviews - 5] (1020 words)
3. The Boy at the Lake by guavejuice [Reviews - 4] (3626 words)
During summer vacation with his family, Justin experiences an epiphany that will change his life when he encounters another boy.
4. A Surprising Call by guavejuice [Reviews - 2] (2418 words)
Cody offers some advice after Justin receives an unexpected call.
5. Just One of the Guys by guavejuice [Reviews - 3] (5183 words)
Justin has a conversation with Brian that leaves him flustered and Brian frustrated; Cody offers a glimmer of hope for him.
6. Reservations and Convictions by guavejuice [Reviews - 4] (2551 words)
Justin meets up with Blake, and finds himself professing his fears about his upcoming surgery.
7. Fear and Courage by guavejuice [Reviews - 6] (1966 words)
Justin works up the courage to phone Brian and ask him to meet. Will he succeed?
8. Truth by guavejuice [Reviews - 5] (4456 words)
Justin finally works up the courage to tell Brian the truth. What will Brian's reaction be?
9. Discovery and Reflection by guavejuice [Reviews - 9] (6787 words)
Justin questions his actions, but also comes to a decision. What will Brian think, and how will it turn out?
**I noticed that when I first posted this, I left out the most important thing: the part about their first encounter! Ugh. Sorry about that. Here is the complete version of Chapter 9. Chapter 10 will be posted shortly.**
10. Support and Revelation by guavejuice [Reviews - 5] (2777 words)
Brian and Justin reveal more about themselves as they support each other.
11. Then, Now, and Always - Conclusion by guavejuice [Reviews - 10] (6291 words)
Will Brian be there when Justin needs him the most? And what will their future bring?