Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here at long last is an update.  I have been busy packing and painting to prepare for my move.

 

To Have & to Hold Forever

This story is a sequel to "Sickness & Health, Good Times & Bad", along with other stories in the "Together Forever" Series.  You don't have to read those stories first, but this story will make more sense if you do.

Brian and Justin are established partners raising five children together. 

I don't own the original QAF characters just the situations I create.  No copyright infringement intended.

Chapter 30

Unaware of the drama happening at home. Brian and Justin relaxed together.  It had been a long time since they could just relax together.  Brian had no pressing business concerns at Kinnetik, Justin had pulled back from his art.  Recently most of their time was taken up by their children.  Both men trusted Jennifer and Tucker to deal with any issues with the kids.  It was fun to just concentrate on each other.

There were so many memories in this loft.  It was where they had their beginning, some of their happiest times and some of their worst.  Glancing over at his Sunshine sketching with a smile on his face; Brian couldn't help remembering the traumatized, broken teenager, that an end of her rope, Jennifer had dropped off for Brian to deal with. He was rightly proud of being able to bring his Sunshine back from the dark place he had been stuck in after the bashing.

Justin remembered being so completely infatuated with Brian.  Trying his best to make Brian pay attention to him, to make him care about him.  From the corner of his eye, he could see Brian looking over at him with that soft expression that he felt sure Brian had no idea he assumed when all his attention was focused on his lover. 

The quiet of the loft was broken by the growl of Justin stomach.  Brian laughed out loud.  Justin got up and headed to the kitchen.  The refrigerator was still pretty well stocked with Emmett prepared food. 

Justin selected a bowl of couscous with seafood salad and marinated mozzarella balls & tomatoes with basil.  Brian filled glasses with ice before pouring in iced green tea and adding slices of lemon.  Brian played footsies while they ate their lunch which made Justin laugh.  Brian couldn't resist leaning across the table and kissing those inviting pink lips.  His breath hitched as he was rewarded with a sunshine smile.

After lunch they cleaned up and threw the sheets in the washer.  They watched some mindless shows on TV while the sheets washed and dried.  After remaking the bed and returning to the TV, a commercial that featured adorable babies came on. Justin looked at Brian, his face was easy to read.

"Okay Papa. Daddy misses our babies too."

TV got turned off, Brian and Justin got dressed, gathered the leftover food from the refrigerator and headed for home.  They made a quick stop at Justin's favorite art supply store.  He wanted to try something new with pastels. 

When Brian and Justin walked into the kitchen, Jennifer and Tucker were busy making potato salad, Molly was playing fish with Gus and Kevin at the kitchen table and Granny was smiling at her great grandchildren who were wide awake in their bassinet.

Gus and Kevin hurried over to get hugs and welcome home Daddy & Papa/Uncle Brian & Uncle Justin.  Jennifer smiled at the new arrivals.

"We didn't expect you guys until later."

"Papa was afraid he would miss the babies doing something cute."

Justin rolled his eyes.   "He wasn't the only one."

Jennifer let them know that Mark and the older boys were down in the game room.  Kevin and Gus wanted Brian to come play trains with them and he agreed after he took a look at Liam and Lily.  The boys walked over with him and Justin.  Kevin and Gus talked to the babies who looked up at them wide eyes. 

Granny smiled.

"Lily and Liam certainly recognize when you boys talk to them.  I think they know how much you love them."

Kevin and Gus had big smiles on their faces.  After a few minutes observing the occupants of the bassinet Brian went down to the train room with two happy boys.

A smiling Justin looked over at his mother.

"So Mom what's up?  I can tell you have something to tell me."

Granny patted the couch beside her, and Justin sat down.  Jennifer and Molly came over to the Family Room to join them.  Justin couldn't imagine what they had to tell him.

Jennifer started the conversation.

"We had some unexpected visitors earlier today.  Your Taylor grandparents stopped by.  They were hoping to meet Liam and Lily."

Justin was furious.

"You didn't let them come in the house, did you?"

Jennifer quickly shook her head.

"No Honey, of course not.  I told them you weren't home, and it was up to you and Brian to decide who could meet the twins.  They said they were staying at a bed and breakfast in town."

"Well, they should have just gone back to Virginia.  I have exchanged a couple emails but was clear it was too soon to consider a visit.  How dare they try and force the issue.  I've heard nothing from them for years and now they just show up here uninvited.

I'll let them know they can head back home tomorrow."

Molly looked over at her brother.

"MeMaw brought some gifts for Lily and Liam.  I feel sorry for her.  She has lost a son and I understand that she wants to meet her great grandchildren."

Molly saw the shock on her brothers face and perhaps disappointment.  She went over to where he was sitting and took his hand.

"Justin, I'm not explaining myself very well.  I am always on your side; I will always support your decisions.  I love you.

I can't forget the past before Dad ruined everything because he couldn't accept anyone not following his plan for his family.  He was wrong and I know that very well.  MeMaw and PaPaw were an important part of both of our lives.  We loved them and they loved us.

They have made bad decisions.  Does that mean we can't forgive them?"

Justin was quiet.  Jennifer came over to her children.

"Molly, don't you think Ken and Janet need to make some amends, to apologize for how they behaved after the divorce.  You can't blame Justin for being bitter about how they treated him and wanting to protect all his children from being hurt."

"All I suggest is that we give them that chance.  If we cut them off, never give them a chance to explain their actions aren't we being almost as rigid as Dad was?  I support Justin one thousand percent, but I can't help feeling some regret over closing the door to MeMaw and PaPaw without giving them any chance to explain."

Granny and Jennifer both closely observed Justin.  Molly seemed more certain of her brother's reaction.  He leaned over to his sister and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"You make a valid point Mollusk.  I need to talk with Brian before I make any decisions.  If they come here, they must accept everyone not just Liam and Lily.  I won't ever let Gus or John and Peter feel like they are less important parts of my family."

Granny and his mother both gave Justin hugs.  He scooped up the twins and sat on the couch snuggling them.  He decided they had grown in the day he spent away from them.  Granny snuggled closer and put her arm around Justin's shoulders.  Molly stayed nearby but Jennifer returned to the kitchen where Tucker had continued to work on the potato salad for dinner. 

Downstairs Brian was amused watching Gus and Kevin play with the trains.  He enjoyed listening to the scenarios they boys worked on together.  Gus had train stop to take on a load of coal.  Kevin changed a switch so the train could stop at the lumber yard to dump some logs.  Kevin ran the trolley around the town.  He announced who was getting on and off at each stop and where they were going and why. 

QAF-QAF-QAF-QAF

Michael finished moving his possession into the room he had rented.  It was conveniently located not far from Kinnetik.  His commute time would be greatly reduced.  His landlady was an older woman whose only son had contracted AIDS early in the plague and died a couple years later. 

She bought Michael's story about being "abandoned" by family and friends, even his mother chose her boyfriend over her son.  His husband had cheated on him and put him out of their home since Michael had never insisted on having his name added to the deed.

Michael felt sure that she was removed enough from Liberty Avenue to not learn the true story.  The arrangement was for room and board, the landlady supplied breakfast and dinner.  A cabinet in the kitchen was set aside for Michael's use to store any snacks he might want to have on hand.

Florrie was happy to have someone to take care of and quizzed Michael on his favorite things to eat.  She also said she would be happy to do his laundry for a small extra charge.  She made Michael a little nervous with her fluttering about but all in all this wasn't too bad a place to spend some time.

He was still trying to figure out what happened at Babylon.  He wasn't sure how to get through to Brian.  He hated that Justin had everyone fooled.  He was just using Brian's money to get everything he wanted.  Michael was afraid once Justin had gotten everything he wanted, that he would drop Brian.  He knew that he had to stay close by so Brian would turn to him and realize how important Michael was to him.

QAF-QAF-QAF-QAF

Andrea Fuller tried her best to get her son to feel guilty about the way he treated her.  So far, her efforts had been in vain.  Jay spent very little time interacting with his mother.  He saw Peter at their summer classes, and they spent a good bit of time texting each other.

His mother thought that Jay's arrogance grew on a daily basis, most people would consider it self-confidence.  Andrea was not accustomed to her son saying "I don't agree" when she stated her opinion on the state of the world.  Even harder for her to accept was that he started to actually research current affairs and usually had facts to support a position contrary to hers.

Both Grandmom Jen and his Papa had suggested to Peter that the best thing for Jay to do was to stand up for himself.  Not to be disrespectful but to demonstrate that he was maturing and forming his own opinions and viewpoints.  Jay was actually amazed that calmly discussing things with his mother seemed to be working out.  She was not happy about the new developments but had no valid reasons to oppose them.

Jay was communicating more with his father and David was lending his support to Jay becoming his own person.  Andrea suggested this new attitude from her ex-husband was due to the malign influence of Kate.  When she said that to Jay, her reward was a firm "I don't agree".  The remainder of that day was spent in almost complete silence.

QAF-QAF-QAF-QAF

Justin placed a sleeping Liam and Lily in their bassinet.  He checked on dinner prep, before he went down to the train room.  Gus and Kevin were laughing at something Brian said when Justin appeared.  He walked over and put his arm around Brian's waist.

Brian looked into his partner's face before turning to Gus and Kevin.

"Papa and I have something we have to do.  You guys go on having fun with the trains."

Both boys agreed.  Brian and Justin went upstairs and walked down to the study and closed the door.  Once they were seated on the couch, Brian turned to his Sunshine.

"So what's up?"

Justin leaned against Brian and brought him up to date on the visit by his Taylor grandparents.  He also let Brian know about Molly's feelings on the subject.  Brian was quiet for a few moments.

"So Sunshine, what are your plans.  I'll go along with whatever you want to do but if Mr and Mrs Taylor express any homophobic bullshit, I will toss them out on their asses."

Justin couldn't help chuckling.

"If that happens, I'll help you.  I think the best approach is for Molly and I to have lunch with them.  It will let us get an idea of what they think.  I'll explain that Liam and Lily are part of our family.  They have to accept our entire family if they want to spend time with our twins."

Brian sighed.

"Brian what's wrong.  I won't see them if you don't want me to."

"I just hope Sonny Boy doesn't develop a fixation on another old lady."

That made Justin laugh out loud, and Brian joined in the laughter.

"Just remember Sunshine, I stand by my out on their ass statement."

"I remember and I stand by my promise to help."

Brian leaned over to kiss Justin before they went down to the Family Room together.  They were just in time to give Lily and Liam their bottles.  Tucker was in charge of the grill tonight.  He was outside getting the charcoal started.

Greg and Roxanne arrived for dinner and to pick up their sons.  After admiring the twins, Greg went outside to help Tucker and Roxanne went downstairs to let the game players and train engineers know dinner was almost ready.

After the babies were fed and back in their bassinet, Justin let Molly know that she could arrange lunch the next day with the Taylor grandparents.  She gave her brother a hug & kiss.  She told him it was his decision to make if they could meet the twins.  Molly assured her brother that she would support whatever he decided was best.

Ken and Janet were delighted to receive the lunch invitation.  They agreed to meet at a small restaurant just down the street from the bed & breakfast where they were staying. 

Grandmom Jen announced it was too cool to eat out on the patio.  Brian organized Mark, John, Patrick, and Peter to move the family room furniture to make room for a couple folding tables and chairs.  Gus thought this was fun and said it was like Thanksgiving dinner.  His Daddy groaned at that memory of his house full of people.

Brian's reaction to the crowd at Thanksgiving made Gus and Kevin laugh.  They took turned telling a very amused Granny how much fun Thanksgiving was and how the prepared everyone for the big announcement that Lily and Liam were going to be born.

Granny saw the dreamy expression on Justin's face and the quick smile that Brian gave him from across the room.  Granny looked over at her daughter in the kitchen.  Jennifer nodded with a smile on her face.

At dinner Greg asked his youngest son if he had fun on his overnight visit.  Kevin assured his father that spending time with Grandmom Jen and Grandpop Tucker was always fun.  Greg hadn't heard about Tucker's new designation, so he was a little surprised.

Kevin continued with him and Gus taking turns reading to Granny, playing cards with Aunt Molly and the always fun playing with Gus's trains.  He proudly announced he was in charge of running the trolley through the town and changing the track switches.  He and Gus made up stories together about the trains and the people in the town, sometimes they made up funny stories which made them both laughed.

Gus was busy nodding his head and smiling while his friend told his Daddy about his weekend.  He agreed with everything Kevin had to say.  Gus added they had kicked around the soccer ball and helped feed Lily and Liam.  Kevin had a big smiled on his face as he announced.

"This is the most fun house to visit.  I love everybody who lives here!"

The O'Briens left after dessert.  A tired-out Gus had an early bath.  Tomorrow was a day camp day.  Nancy Simpson would take Gus and her youngest son to camp in the morning.  Someone from the Taylor-Kinney household would pick them up in the afternoon.

Jennifer & Tucker left for home.  Molly went down to the game room with John & Peter.

When Justin came upstairs to read Gus a story, the boy sat up on bed.

"Papa, can we have a talk?"

Justin sat on the edge of Gus's bed.

"Sure we can Gus.  What's on your mind."

"Those people who were here today.  Are they going to try and be mean to you?  I asked them if they were mean like your Daddy.  I told them I love you a lot, so I don't want anyone to be mean to you."

Justin gathered Gus into a hug.

"Gus, you know I love you a lot too.  They aren't really mean people, but they have made some bad decisions in the past.  Aunt Molly and I are going to meet them and talk about if we want to be part of each other's lives or not.  I really appreciate you sticking up for me and worrying about people being mean to me.  I am really happy and proud to be your Papa."

Gus hugged his Papa as hard as he could before slipping back down into bed for his story.

Once Gus was asleep Justin hurried into his bedroom to tell Brian about how wonderful Gus was.

Brian smiled and pulled his Sunshine next to him.

"You know Sunshine, I love you a lot and I don't want people to be mean to you either."

Justin turned his head to kiss his partner, that lead to clothes being removed and Justin riding Brian's dick until they both climaxed.  All in all, it was a good night.

QAF-QAF-QAF-QAF

On Monday morning Debbie appeared at Melanie & Lindsay's house to pick up her granddaughter for the day.  She was surprised when Lindsay opened the door, dressed for the day and looking relaxed.

"Hi Deb.  Come in.  JR is still working on her breakfast.  Can I get you a cup of coffee?"

Debbie gave a quick look around the house and was surprised that for once it looked clean and neat.

"Coffee sounds great."

Debbie followed Lindsay to the kitchen, where JR was finishing up her breakfast of scrambled eggs and cinnamon toast.  Lindsay poured Debbie a mug of coffee and brought it over to the table.

"Sit down and relax until JR is done.  We haven't had a talk in a while."

The two women chatted until JR was ready to leave.  Debbie was surprised by the change in Lindsay's behavior.  She did mention to Debbie that she was cutting back on her studio time to concentrate more on taking care of JR and getting the house in shape.

Debbie wanted to be happy about Lindsay's change in attitude but there was just something off about her behavior.  Debbie couldn't put her finger on what was wrong, but she was uneasy.

JR seemed happy enough and chatted with her grandmother on the drive to her house.  Debbie was teaching the little girl how to knit.  They got busy on their knitting projects when they got to the house.

Joe was working a shift at the diner bussing tables. He liked making his own spending money.  Debbie and Carl wanted to take as little money as possible from Joe's uncle.  They wanted Joe to have a "nest egg" to help him get a good start on life when he was done with school.

When he got home, Joe took JR to the school playground a few blocks from Debbie's.  It had become a regular thing on the days JR spent with her grandmother.  Joe didn't mind pushing her on the swings and JR enjoyed their playground time.

QAF-QAF-QAF-QAF

Brian and Justin had a good night with the twins.  John and Gus were happy to give Lily & Liam their early morning bottles.  Molly and Peter teamed up to make French toast for breakfast along with sausage patties and bacon prepared in the ovens.

Granny appeared in time for breakfast and Peter quickly made her a cup of tea.  Brian and Justin drank coffee and observed their family in action.  Alice chuckled when she came through the patio doors.

"Well I guess I'm not really needed.  Everything seems to be under control here."

Justin chuckled.

"Your position here is safe Alice.  We are just letting the B team handle breakfast."

Molly squeezed a slice of bread into a ball and lobbed it at her brother, it made a direct hit to the back of his head.  Justin turned to give his sister a dirty look.

Granny smiled but did tell her granddaughter "that was not very lady-like".

Brian laughed so hard he almost fell off his stool.

Granny came over and put her arm around Justin's shoulders.

"You did kind of deserve that bread ball.  Referring to your sister and Peter as the B team was not very loving."

Justin's shocked expression made everyone laugh.  Granny did kiss him on the cheek before going over to Molly and Peter to give them hugs and tell them that she did not consider them the B team.

After breakfast was over Brian went to the study for his weekly Kinnetik financials call.  Molly suggested that she, Gus, John and Peter kick soccer balls around for a while before hitting the pool. 

Justin and Granny took the twins out on the patio and settled them on their cushion under the awning.  They chatted and smiled at the shouts and laughter from the soccer players.

Eventually Molly came back up on the patio.

"I'm, going to shower and her dressed for lunch.  Justin nodded.

Granny looked over at Justin.

"What do you plan to do about the Taylors?"

Justin sighed.

"I just want to hear what they have to say.  I agree with Molly they don't deserve to be just dismissed.  Before the divorce they were attentive grandparents.  Craig was their son.  I guess I understand them siding with him."

Granny nodded and turned away.  Justin chuckled.

"I take it you don't approve of our lunch plans."

"It is your decision to make.  I confess I never really like Ken.  Of course he was not as objectional as Craig but I never felt comfortable around either of them."

Justin took Granny hand.

"I don't like that they tried to force a visit by coming here uninvited, but I think I understand their wanting to meet Lily and Liam.  I just want to hear what they have to say."

Granny smiled.

"Darling Boy, I am not trying to tell you what to do.  I understand how foolish it is to try and get you to do something once you have made up your mind.  You are stubborn like your grandfather."

Justin laughed out loud before replying to his grandmother.

"Pot meet kettle."

Both of them laughed before Justin went to get dressed for lunch.  He stopped in the study to let Brian know Gus was with John & Peter.  Brian said he would go out and check on them.

Justin and Molly arrived at the restaurants before their grandparents.  They ordered a bottle of wine and an appetizers sampler while they waited.  Justin could tell that Molly was a little tense about this meeting and did his best to help her relax.  His sister wanted Justin to be sure that she was totally on his side, whatever happened during this lunch.  Justin assured Molly he never doubted that she was on his side.

When Ken and Janet arrived, they seemed nervous.  Justin and Molly quickly stood up to greet them and hugs were exchanged.  Justin poured wine in their glasses and they all examined their menus.

Once they all ordered Justin regard his grandparents across the table.

"I want you to know I understand that you want to meet your greatgrandchildren.  However, showing up at our home without an invitation was not the right path to make that happen."

Ken jumped into the conversation.

"Justin, I think you have to consider that we are not young people.  We are aware how quickly time passes and how babies change so much at the beginning of their life.  The photos you sent just whetted our appetites to really experience Lily and Liam. 

They are our blood!  Having lost your father in such a shocking way has made us realize how suddenly life can change.  Quite honestly we are both excited about growing our family."

Molly was sure how Justin would react.  She took his hand and gave it a squeeze.

Justin nodded and regarded his grandfather for a few moments.  He was struck by the family resemblance to Craig as he had aged.  As a boy Justin always thought his father looked more like Janet.

"I find your remarks interesting.  You are so anxious to be a part of Liam and Lily's lives.  I think Molly and I are surprised by your thirst for family since you have ignored us since our parents divorced.

It is difficult to reconcile this thirst for family with the drought of interest in us."

Ken looked surprised and unsure of what to say.  It seemed to Molly that her grandmother leaned slightly away from her grandfather before she spoke.

"Justin, I understand completely what you are saying. We made a horrific mistake by allowing our loyalty to our son to deprive ourselves of the joy that grandchildren brought into our lives.  I know it is too little too late, but I never stopped missing you and Molly.  Your absence left a hole in my heart that will never heal.

I kept a scrapbook of every article I could find about your art career.  Ken was angry when he found it, but I refused to stop and continued to add anything I read about you.  That was my cowardly way of keeping some connection with you.

Molly it was harder to keep a connection with you, but I ordered all you school yearbooks.  After raising two sons and having a grandson, you were such a joy and delight to me.  Brad has three girls, and they are very special to me but of course they never replaced you.

I allowed myself to follow a path set out by my sons and my husband and I was an idiot to allow that to happen.  I will tell you that Ken and I separated for a short time but we love each other and are committed to making our marriage work."

Janet paused to take a sip of wine.  It gave her startled grandchildren a few moments to process what she had just told them.

Justin replied.

"That's nice that you tried to follow what we were doing.  It doesn't take the place of actually being a part of our lives.  I almost died and you never sent a card or contacted my mother to check on me.  Birthday and Christmas passed without any acknowledge from you.  Now you expect us to just forgive and forget years of being ignored because you decide you want to reconnect so you can meet my twins.

Surely you understand my trepidation about letting you back into my life."

Ken had a stern look on his face.

"Your father told us that Brian Kinney had seduced you into a gay lifestyle.  He said that you had left home to live with that man and had no interest in being part of our family.  Your father said he felt if we encouraged you, there would be less chance of you understanding the mistakes you were making."

Molly gasped, when Justin glanced at her he was amazed that she had the same narrow eyes look their mother employed when she was angry or seriously annoyed.

"PaPaw what an idiotic, bigoted statement.  Justin didn't make any mistake!  He's gay!  It is NOT a choice he made it is just what he is. 

All this nonsense about Brian making him gay is absurd.  Justin was standing under a streetlight outside a gay dance club.  He already knew he was gay, he just wanted to do something about it.  I can't believe you are bringing up Dad's fantasy that Brian is a child molester.  You need to get a clue!"

"I am still your grandfather and you need to be more respectful to your elders."

Justin rolled his eyes.

"Respect is something that is earned not given.  Mr Taylor you have done NOTHING to earn our respect.  You swallowed Craig's bullshit version about what really happened and never even tried to find out if it was true.  Craig told me that if I didn't deny being gay, I was no longer his son, and I had to move out of my home.

He put a seventeen-year-old out on the street.  If anyone was a child molester, it was Craig!"

At that moment, the waiter arrived with their lunches.

Everyone concentrated on their lunch which allowed them to decompress and regroup. Justin was feeling that there were differences to resolve between his grandparents as well as between him and the grandparents.    Molly gave his arm a gentle squeeze and smiled at him when Justin turned to look at her.

Janet picked at her salad before looking across the table at her grandchildren.

"Justin and Molly, I understand that you both had a troubled relationship with your father.  Craig was my son and I loved him very much.  Ken and I never questioned his version of what happened between your parents or his version of the estrangement with Justin.

Perhaps we should have questioned it.  I thought about contacting Jennifer, we had always gotten along, but Craig asked us not in interfere.  He was our son, and he wanted our unconditional support, and we gave it to him.  Now he is gone in that horrible way.  I still can't wrap my head around my son killing himself.

Of course, we still have Brad and his family, but they have always been closer to his in-laws than it us.  His religious fervor seems more important to him than his father and me.

I never anticipated being so alone in the world.  I always thought my old age would be spent with my children and grandchildren.  Justin, I know that Craig tried to reconcile with you, but you weren't interested in rebuilding a relationship.  I'm not sure of your reasons but that knowledge saddens me.  Ken and I very much want to reestablish our relationship with you."

Molly took Justin's hand as he looked across the table at his grandparents.

"It is easy to clear up why I was not interested in having a relationship with Craig.   He refused to accept Brian.  He stubbornly stuck to his image of Brian as a child molester.  As Molly just said, I knew I was gay long before I decided to act on it.   I had Daphne drive me to Liberty Avenue so I could experience gay sex. 

That was a foolish and immature thing to do.  I am really lucky I did not link up with a predator.  Instead, I met Brian.  He was patient and kind as he initiated me into gay sex.  I'm sure that shocks you but it thrilled me.

I fell in love with Brian that night and I have never stopped loving him.  I would say my love has matured from a young man's hero worship to something deeper, but I have always loved him.  I made the mistake of leaving him for someone else, but I never stopped loving Brian.  When Craig refused to pay my tuition at PIFA, Brian agreed to pay.  Even when I left him Brian was willing to pay my tuition.

I was in a very dark place after my bashing.  Mom found she could do nothing with me, so she took me to Brian.  He was gentle and kind and helped me recover who I was.

Brian is the most important person in my life.  No one can expect to have a relationship with me unless they accept Brian completely.  Craig could not do that."

Ken frowned.

"Don't you think that perhaps you don't have an accurate picture of Brian.  No matter what you say he is an older man who seduced a young boy."

Molly laughed.

"PaPaw that young boy was standing under a streetlight outside the most famous gay club in Pittsburgh.  Justin was of legal age.  I am not sure we can call it seduction for someone to hook up with a young man anxious for that hook up."

Both Ken and Janet looked uncomfortable.

"There is more you need to accept to have a relationship with me.  Brian has a son who was born the night we met.  Gus looks upon me as a second father, we now have custody of him.  He is my child, just as Lily and Liam are Brian's children.  Whoever has a relationship with my family MUST accept all my family.

I will never allow Gus to be hurt.  In our family all three of our children are of equal importance.  Brian's nephews also live with us and they are important members of our family.  My mother always tells us that some families are joined by blood but our family is joined by love."

Janet nodded.

"Jennifer told us the same thin when we visited her after the funeral.  I said that our family was shrinking but she assured us that her family was growing.

Elizabeth seems to have been welcomed by you.  I must confess I have to wonder why she is welcomed, and we are not."

Justin had a slight smile on his face.

"Granny has never abandoned us.  She was always in contact with us.  She lived in California and did not like to travel but she has been a constant presence in our lives.  She was driven by the same desire as you to be a part of great grandchildren's lives.  She has embraced all out family since she arrived.  She and Gus have become great buddies.  Brian has expressed some reservations about Gus's fascination with old women."

Molly chuckled.  Ken and Janet looked somewhat confused.

After a few moments Ken spoke.

"You are a determined young man.  You don't appear to leave any room for compromise.  I can see why your father had difficulty reestablishing a relationship with you."

"I will never compromise the happiness of my family.  Accept us all or we are wasting our time."