Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Happy Birthday to my Darling Sally from her Sweet Baboo

To Have & to Hold Forever

 

This story is a sequel to "Sickness & Health, Good Times & Bad", along with other stories in the "Together Forever" Series.  You don't have to read those stories first, but this story will make more sense if you do.

 

Brian and Justin are established partners raising five children together. 

 

I don't own the original QAF characters just the situations I create.  No copyright infringement intended.

 

Chapter 20

 

Grandmom Jen went out on the patio and three surprised and delighted boys ran over to greet her.  Gus let her know that he was going to stay with Daddy and Papa all the time.  Jennifer gave him a big hug.

 

"I know Sweetheart I think that is awesome.  I'm sure you will be happy here with your cousins and your new brother and sister.  I know that your Daddy and Papa are very happy to have you here with them.

 

The boys all wanted Grandmom Jen to go swimming with them but she said it was a just a quick visit because she missed seeing them all and she had a couple business things to talk over with Brian and Justin.  They all knew that sometimes she helped Brian and Justin with real estate things, so they accepted her explanation completely.

 

In the study Brian and Justin talked briefly about the letter from Joan.  Brian decided he would write back to her, wishing her well.

 

"I'll offer to pay for anything she needs but let her know I don't think we can build a relationship unless she accepts our partnership.  I'll say I hope she can stop drinking for her own sake."

 

Justin nodded.

 

"That seems fair to me.  How are you going to deliver the letter?"

 

"Joanie gives the address to mail it to, so I'll mail it there.  Why don't you let Mother Taylor know."

 

Justin nodded again and gave Brian a kiss and told him he loved him before leaving the study.  When he got to family room, he saw his mother on the patio surrounded by her grandsons and looking happy.

 

He opened the door.

 

"Hey Mom.  I have a couple questions. Do you have a minute?"

 

Jennifer smiled. "Sure Honey."

 

Justin told the boys they could get in the pool if they wanted but Gus had to stay in the shallow end and John & Peter needed to keep an eye on him.

 

Jennifer and Justin went upstairs to the studio.  The went back to the sitting area.  Justin started the conversation.

 

"Brian and I read Joan's letter.  She wrote that she knew she had not been a good mother and that she was sorry she had not protected Brian from his father.  She also wrote a little about her life and the poor relationship she had with her own mother and about how alone she felt.  She didn't use those things as excuses and did admit she was responsible for her inaction.

 

All that was good.  Later in the letter she said she was still praying for Brian.  She knows that Brian and I love each other, and she wishes she could accept our relationship, but she doesn't think that is possible.  Joan is open to Brian attending Family Day at rehab and having a session with her and her counselor.

 

I guess I don't have to say that Brian is not really buying into that plan.  He is going to reply that he is willing to pay for anything she needs but he isn't interested in any kind of relationship."

 

Jennifer was quiet.

 

"Mom what's up?  Do you think Brian should meet with Joan?"

 

"No.  Of course not.  I can't understand Joan.  There are people who truly have no one in their life.  Joan has two terrific grandsons and a wonderful son that she keeps pushing away.

 

Is Brian okay?"

 

Justin smiled.

 

"Brian has moved past Joan.  He is too caught up in the fact that he is now the father or guardian of five children.  That thought is occupying too much of Brian's consciousness for him to get too worked up over any other issues.  Well except for the imminent arrival of Granny."

 

Jennifer smiled.

 

"Mama is really anxious to get here and see you and Molly and of course Lily and Liam."

 

Justin frowned.

 

"Mom, Granny isn't going to ignore Gus, is she?"

 

"No Honey.  I don't believe she would ever do that, but we have discussed Gus and the need to include him.  She was annoyed I even brought it up.  She told me she had been a grandmother longer than me and she knew how to act correctly."

 

Justin laughed.

 

"That sounds like Granny.  I am really looking forward to her visit."

 

Jennifer announced she was going to say goodbye to the boys and head home.  Justin walked downstairs with her and gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek as she left the house.

 

Once he saw his mother off Justin wandered down to the study.  Brian was sitting at the desk staring off into space.

 

"So Stud, how did the letter writing go?"

 

Brian smiled and handed Justin a piece of paper.

 

"Decide for yourself."

 

Justin read the letter.  It was short but not very sweet.  Brian wished Joan well and hoped she was able to "conquer her alcoholism".   He assured her he would provide any financial support she needed but could not have a relationship with Joan if she could not accept who he was and he lived his life.

 

"Direct and to the point just liked a good ad campaign."

 

Brian laughed and pulled Justin down onto his lap.

 

"This is a second draft.  In the first I said that forgive Joanie.  That was a lie.  As long as she continues to pray about my life choices and refuses to accept who I am there is no forgiveness."

 

Justin leaned back to kiss Brian.

 

"Well if you want my opinion, honesty is the best policy.  I started down the forgiveness road with Craig but like you I believe that no acceptance means no forgiveness.  As long as you are happy; I am happy and it's up to Joan Kinney to make her own happiness."

 

 Brian grinned.

 

"I wonder if Joanie is worried about being stuck in a sub-par retirement home by you.  Maybe that is why she wants me on her side."

 

Justin stood up and shook his head.

 

"Fascinating as this discussion is, I left the boys in the pool with John & Peter looking out for Gus.  I want to go relieve them of that duty."

 

"Okay Sunshine, you go ahead.  I'll be along shortly."

 

Outside Justin managed to take John aside to tell him that Grandmom Jen had been able to talk with Joan.  He also let his nephew know that Joan had sent a letter to Brian where she apologized for not protecting Brian from his father but said she could not approve of his lifestyle "choices".

 

John wasn't surprised by the contents of his grandmother's letter.  He said grandmother still seemed to be pushing people away and Justin agreed.

 

When Cassie was ready to leave, she brought Liam and Lily downstairs.  They went back on the cushion under the shade of the awning.  Brian played with Gus in the pool until it was time for the twins to eat.  Brian and Justin fed Lily and Liam while Gus read aloud.

 

Once the bottles were finished and diapers changed the babies went back to their cushion.  Gus laid on the cushion with his sibling and talked quietly to them.  Occasionally he would giggle when his brother or sister made a "silly face".

 

Once Liam and Lily fell asleep Gus came over to the lounger where Daddy and Papa were sitting.  He climbed up onto Papa's lap and told him that he was right about the twins being interesting to watch.  That earned the delighted Gus a hug and a kiss on the head.

 

The evening passed quietly for the family.

 

QAF-QAF-QAF-QAF

 

Knowing how anxious Brian was for the custody agreement to be signed; Anabel Harper offered to send a paralegal and a notary to Lindsay and Melanie's home before Mel had to be at the office.  After getting the women to sign the paralegal and notary would travel to Washington to get Brian and Justin's signatures.  Once they had all the signatures one copy of the agreement would be filed at Washington County courthouse, one left with Gus's fathers and one returned to his mothers.

 

Anabel felt there was a good chance that Melanie would request last minute changes, so she was delighted to get a call from her paralegal saying everything went smoothly.  At the Taylor-Kinney home they were expecting a furniture delivery, so things were a little hectic.

 

Chuck and David were scheduled to help arrange the pool house.  Justin had informed Brian, John & Peter not to plan anything for the afternoon.  He was determined to get everything set up in the pool house for Granny and his mother's stay. 

 

Michael was at the reception desk when Ted arrived at Kinnetik.  He called to Ted as he walked thru the lobby.  A surprised Ted came over to the desk.

 

"Hey Ted.  Do have a couple minutes, I need to talk with you."

 

"Actually Michael. There's a conference call that I have to be on this morning.  I will be available around ten.  Why don't you come up to my office after ten and we can talk."

 

Michael agreed and Ted went to his office figuring that the talk would be about Gus's custody.

 

In Washington County a delighted Brian and Justin were signing the new custody agreement.  When the paralegal and the notary left, Brian gathered Justin into a tight hug.

 

"Sunshine you know without you as my partner I would be very nervous about assuming custody of Sonny Boy.  We are such a great team and I don't tell you enough how important your support is to me."

 

Justin laid his head against Brian's chest and chuckled.

 

"I know you have been thinking about this but as we were signing the agreement and the notary asked for my driver's license, I suddenly thought I am twenty six years old and responsible for five children.  How the fuck did that happen."

 

Brian kissed the top of his partner's head.

 

"You are such a hypocrite."

 

Brian's cell phone vibrated on the desk.  Brian looked at the name displayed before he answered.  He and Justin sat on the couch together while Brian talked to Cynthia about a Kinnetik issue.  When he finished the call, Brian leaned down to kiss Justin.  That led to hands exploring bodies while the kissing continued. 

 

Finally, Justin broke off the kissing.

 

"This has to wait until later.  Gus is going to be knocking on that door any minute now."

 

Brian sighed.

 

"You're right Sunshine.  We'll continue this later."

 

"I hope so!  Now that agreement has been signed, we need to let people know."

 

Brian nodded.

 

"Mikey has been calling and leaving messages on my phone.  I haven't been in the mood to listen to him."

 

Justin got an evil look on his face and chuckled.

 

"Are here actually times you are in the mood to listen to Michael rave?"

 

"I never understand why people think you are the nice one in this relationship."

 

"I have a better innocent look than you do.  It makes me horny when you use the "r" word."

 

Before Brian could react to Justin's statement there was a knock on the door and a little voice asking if he could come in.  Brian told Gus to come in.  Gus raced across the room and managed to settle partially on both men's laps.

 

A short time later John appeared at the door.

 

‘Hey Gus.  Peter and I are going to take Lucy and Violet exploring down by the creek.  Want to go with us?"

 

The answer was an enthusiastic yes and Gus was off his fathers' laps and running down the hall.  Brian and Justin laughed at the desertion before Brian decided to check his email and Justin went up to the studio.

 

A little after 10, Michael showed up in the accounting department.  One of the accounting employees tried to divert him but Ted got up and came to his office door.

 

"Come on in Michael.  My call is finished."

 

Ted sat at his desk and Michael took a visitor's chair.

 

"I have been calling Brian about this custody thing.  He needs to consider how this will affect JR.  I think he needs to include me in the custody fight.  I can get custody of JR when he gets custody of Gus.  It probably won't cost him much more to add JR.  I left a couple messages but he never called back. 

 

Now it goes straight to voice mail it doesn't even ring."

 

Ted had gotten an email from Brian, so he knew that Gus's custody was settled.

 

"Gus's custody is all settled.  Brian emailed a few of with the news.  Lindsay and Melanie decided to not fight and to turn Gus's primary custody to Brian and Justin.  The agreement was signed this morning."

 

Michael sat back in his chair.

 

"What about JR, Brian hasn't even considered her."

 

"Michael you are JR's father, not Brian.  He has no legal right to question her custody.  I believe Brian thinks that Gus is not being treated well by his mothers but does not know if there is also an issue with JR.  You would be the best one to evaluate JR's care by Mel and Linds.

 

He and Justin were upset that Mel and Linds were interfering with their agreement.  They were attempting to keep Gus from staying with Brian and Justin. That made them act on getting primary custody."

 

Michael frowned, not at all happy with what Ted said to him.

 

"Brian is my best friend.  You can't just dismiss me.  I'm sure Justin must not be letting my calls get thru to Brian.  Justin wants to keep Brian's attention on his kids.  Justin doesn't care what happens to JR."

 

"Michael you and Brian share a lot of history and I know he cares about you.  However, you are no longer his best friend.  No one is closer to Brian than Justin, NO ONE!

 

Everyone else can see this clearly.  I'm not sure what is wrong with you.  Brian looks on Lily and Liam as HIS children, his and Justin's.  Justin feels the same way about Gus.   Justin and Brian have serious concerns about the way Gus is being treated.  They have these concerns because they see Gus often and they talk to him.  Both of them are upset about the things Gus has been telling them.

 

I can only imagine that Melanie and Lindsay realized they probably wouldn't win against Brian and Justin.  Michael, you are the one that spends time with JR if you think there is a problem it is up to you, as her father, to address the problem."

 

"Brian and I have been best friends since we were fourteen.  Nothing has changed for us."

 

Ted shook his head.

 

"When was the last time your best friend called you or made plans to see you?"

 

Michael was quiet and wide eyed.  He had nothing to say.

 

Ted got up and walked over to Michael and put his hand on his shoulder.

 

"Brian will always care about you, but you need to face the fact that you are no longer best friends.  Brian's best friend is Justin."

 

Michael got an odd look on his face.  He shrugged off Ted's hand and stood up.

 

"My break is over I have to get back to the reception desk."

 

Ted thought about following Michael, but he had no idea what he would say to him.  Instead he went back to his desk and continued his work.

 

QAF-QAF-QAF-QAF

 

Chuck and David arrived at the house just about the same time as the creek explorers returned.  Charlie had rented a dolly and he, Chuck, David and John used it to move one of the refrigerators into the garage.  Justin didn't want anyone who wanted a drink when wet from the pool to disturb Granny.  It was little further walk to the garage but still accessible from the patio area.

 

Justin and his helpers, that not included Brian, moved some of the pool house furniture out onto the patio.  Alice and Peter ran vacuums across the pool house carpet. 

 

When the delivery van arrived, Justin made sure the area carpets he purchased were put down first.  For the actual furniture placement Brian assumed command.  Justin knew that Brian had a better decorating sense than he did.  Plus, Justin did not want to hear Brian's complaints if the furniture placement was not perfect, in Brian's opinion.

 

Once everything was arranged according to Brian's directions; they all agreed the pool house looked inviting.  The sleeping area was screened off.  The sitting and dining areas had an open feel.  Justin announced that he thought Granny would be pleased.

 

Brian smirked at that pronouncement.

 

"Well I know I'm relieved to hear that Granny will be pleased by our efforts."

 

Justin laughed and came over to give her partner a hug.

 

"Once you meet Granny you'll understand the need to keep her happy."

 

"Doubtful Sunshine."

 

 Everyone laughed as Justin shook his head and smacked Brian on the ass.

 

"Just wait and see." 

 

On Friday Jennifer and Tucker arrived in time for dinner.  Liam and Lily were just finishing their bottles, fed to them by Daddy and Papa.  Gus went up to the nursery with his parents and siblings.  He sang to the babies while Daddy and Papa rocked them to sleep.

 

Alice and John had worked together on roast chicken with stuffing, green beans with almonds, honey glazed carrots & roasted cauliflower.  Alice had also made Brian's favorite pickled cucumber and onion salad.

 

Since it was a pleasant evening they ate on the patio.  Over dessert of blueberry pie ala mode, Jennifer announced she and Tucker would do overnight duty for lily and Liam.  Justin knew better than to argue and Brian was delighted with the offer.  A delighted Gus sat between his Daddy and Grandmom Jen.  He was thrilled when Grandmom Jen offered to read him a bedtime story.

 

Justin smiled at his mother knowing that she wanted Gus to know she wanted to special time with his as well as his siblings.  Once cleanup was done Jennifer challenged John & Peter to a ping pong tournament with her and Tucker.  Gus went down to the game room to watch.

 

Brian and Justin shared a lounger, with the baby monitor on the table beside them.  They each held a glass of wine.  Justin leaned back against his partner.

 

"Mom was in full grandmother mode.  She wanted all her boys to feel special, including you."

 

Brian was startled by that comment.

 

"Just how did Mother Taylor make me feel special?"

 

"By giving you a night of carnal pleasure by taking over baby duty.  We will have the whole night without any interruptions.  That will make both of us feel special."

 

Brian laughed and kissed the back of Justin's neck.  They chatted until it was time for Gus to have his bath.  They both went down to the game room just as Jennifer & Tucker won a second game from John & Peter.

 

Brian grabbed Gus and announced it was time for bath and bed and carried a giggling Gus upstairs.  Justin handed the baby monitor to Tucker and announced he and Brian were off duty.   He said good night, kissed his mother, and followed Brian and Gus upstairs.

 

While Gus had his bath, Justin placed candles around the Master Bath.  He filled the tub, adding bath oil and bubble crystals to the water.  He opened a bottle of champagne put it in an ice bucket beside the tub with two plastic glasses. 

 

Justin lit the candles, turned off all the lights in the Master Suite, took off his clothes and settled in the tub.  It was only a short time later when he heard the bedroom door open and close.  A few moments later a naked Brian entered the bathroom and settled in the tub with Justin.

 

They relaxed while they sipped champagne and kissed.  Eventually hands explored bodies, passions got hot and penises grew hard.  Justin turned to face Brian and the exploring got more heated.  The bath oil acted as lube when Justin lowered himself onto Brian's cock.  It didn't take long before both men climaxed.

 

The bath water had cooled but the action moved from shower to bed.  Eventually they pulled on boxers and the door was unlocked for Gus's morning visit.  It didn't take the exhausted men long to fall asleep with Justin draped over his partner.

 

Gus's knock came early the next morning, Justin groaned and rolled to his side of the bed and covered his head with a pillow.  His Daddy told Gus to come in and he was thrilled to find Daddy and Papa both still in bed.

 

Gus snuggled next to his Daddy and they had a nice talk until Papa, head still covered by a pillow, mumbled coffee.  Gus laughed and Daddy said we better go get your Papa his coffee.  Brian used the bathroom and pulled on some shorts and T shirt before he and Gus went down to the kitchen.

 

  Grandmom Jen and Grandpop Tucker were already downstairs.  Tucker had a serious case of bed head, but it looked like Grandmom Jen had taken some time to brush her hair and put on lipstick.  They were sitting on a couch feeding Lily and Liam.  Gus ran over to give them both a good morning hug.

 

Brian made his way to the kitchen.  He looked over at the baby tenders.  "Coffee?"

 

Tucker looked over with a smile.   "God Yes.  Just a little cream.  Jen will have one sugar and heavy on the cream."

 

Brian chuckled as he prepared two mugs of coffee which Gus was happy to deliver.  Next Gus took coffee up to his Papa while Brian came over, coffee mug in hand, to examine his babies.

 

By the time Gus and Justin appeared John and Peter had breakfast preparation well in hand.  Gus hurried out to help his cousins and was happy to get the job of setting the table.  After breakfast Jennifer and Tucker decided a nap was a good idea.  Lily & Liam had kept them busy during the night.

 

Since Granny was arriving the next day, Justin kept busy making sure the guest quarters in the pool house had everything to make Granny comfortable. He watched over Liam & Lily in their bassinet while he worked.  Brian, John and Gus kicked a soccer ball around for a while Peter read a book in the shade.  Eventually they all went in the pool.

 

Grandmom Jen was back downstairs in time to organize lunch on the patio.  After lunch, diapers were changed by Daddy and Papa before John and Gus gave the twins their bottle.  After they were fed Lily and Liam were put on their patio cushion and big brother Gus lay with them.  Gus spent some time talking to his sibling and singing quietly to them.

 

Once the babies were asleep Gus sat in the hot tub with Grandmom Jen and asked about "Granny" who was arriving the next day.  Gus was still wrapping his head around the fact that Grandmom Jen had a mother and that mother was coming to visit.

 

For dinner Justin and Jennifer made a salad while Brian grilled hot dogs, hamburgers and corn on the cob.  Grandpop Tucker and Gus set the table on the patio.  After dinner there were cards games played while Brian relaxed and chuckled over the game banter.

 

Daddy and Papa went back on nighttime duty for the babies.

 

Sunday morning everyone was up early.  Granny's plane was due to arrive at 11:30. Justin and his mother were going to the airport to welcome Granny.  Justin had used their influence with Liberty Air to get passes that will allow them to go to gate and greet Granny.

 

After breakfast Justin dressed in Brian selected clothing before he and his mother set out for the airport.  They went to the Liberty first-class ticket counter to pick up their passes.  Justin was surprised when they were told one of the Liberty agents would accompany them to the gate with a wheelchair.  Jennifer did say that they had requested a wheelchair from the airline her mother was arriving on, but the Liberty agent insisted on going with them.

 

The trio passed thru security quickly and got on the subway to take them to the airside terminal.   Justin was glad they had a wheelchair for Granny as the gate she was due to arrive at was at the end of the B concourse.

 

The agent at the gate was amazed to see the Liberty agent.  He asked why he was there.  The answer was an abrupt "VIP" and the other agent went back to his desk.

 

The plane arrived on time and since Granny traveled first-class, she was one of the first passengers to disembark from the jetway.  She spotted her daughter and grandson and was amazed to see them at the gate.

 

Jennifer and Justin hurried over to her.  Hugs and kisses were exchanged.

 

"Jenny, Justin I'm surprised to see you at the gate.  How did you manage that?"

 

Justin smiled with his arm around Granny's waist.

 

"Kinnetik does the advertising for Liberty Air.  They supplied us with passes, and we have a wheelchair waiting for you."

 

Granny frowned.

 

"I don't think I need a wheelchair.  I'm not an invalid!"

 

Justin gave her a kiss on the cheek.

 

"It's a really long walk to baggage claim.  No sense getting tired out when you don't need to."

 

The airline wheelchair arrived and the attendant came over.

 

"Mrs Endicott.  I'm here to take you to baggage claim."

 

"My family met me here at the gate.  I won't need your chair.  Thank you anyway."

 

There seemed to be a little one-upmanship going on between the airlines and the attendant was insistent.

 

"The chair was ordered for you.  There's no need for anyone else to be here at our gate."

 

Before Justin could say anything, Granny fixed her stare on the attendant.

 

"Young man I just told you that my family met me, and I don't need you.  Now go away!"

 

Granny took Justin's arm and walked with him to the Liberty Air wheelchair.

 

"What a presumptive young man.  He must have thought he could bully an old lady into doing what he wanted."

 

Justin chuckled.

 

"He had no idea who he was dealing with, did he Granny."

 

As they traveled to baggage claim Granny was glad, she was riding in the chair.  They didn't exaggerate how long the walk was.

 

Justin left his mother and Granny in baggage claim while he went to get the car.  They brought the new SUV and there was a small stool stashed in the back incase Granny needed some help getting in the car.

 

When Justin pulled up at baggage claim he saw his mother with Granny, a red cap and several suitcases.  As he walked over to the group, he could see Granny giving him a once over.  She got into the car without any help.  Jennifer got in the back with her mother.

 

When Justin got in the car Granny tapped him in the shoulder.

 

"You look very handsome. I am guessing Brian picked out these clothes.  You never seemed to care much about what you were wearing."

 

Jennifer laughed as Justin admitted his clothes were chosen by his label obsessed partner.

 

The trip to the house didn't take too long.  As they turned into the driveway Granny smiled.

 

"The house is more impressive in person than in the photos you sent me.  It's a lovely setting."

 

Justin pulled up close to the front walk.  He knew Granny did not like entering from a garage.  They all walked up to the front door which was opened by an excited Gus.  Brian and Tucker were standing behind him.

 

Granny smiled down at the little boy.

 

"You must be Gus.  I recognize you from the photos your Papa sent me.  You are even more handsome in person.  I'm glad to meet you."

 

Gus smiled and held out his hand.

 

"It's nice to meet you Ma'am."

 

Granny was delighted with Gus's manners.

 

"You must call me Granny like your Papa does."

 

Gus felt a little shy and nodded.  He couldn't resist asking.

 

"Are you really Grandmom Jen's Mommy?"

 

Granny laughed as she bent down to give Gus a hug.

 

"Yes Gus.  Grandmom Jen is my little girl.  She is the youngest of my children."

 

Brain and Tucker came forward to welcome Granny.  Like Gus Brian held out his hand to shake.

 

"Hello Mrs Endicott.  Welcome to Pittsburgh."

 

He was engulfed in a tight hug.

 

"No Mrs Endicott.  It is either Granny or hey you.  I must congratulate you Brian.  I have never seen my grandson look happier or more handsome.  I guessed that the wardrobe choices were yours."

 

Brian blushed as Granny bestowed a kiss on his cheek.  She switched her attention to Tucker who she had met when he and Jennifer visited her in California.  She absolutely approved of Jennifer's choice.  When her daughter Kate was mildly disapproving, she was told she was jealous.

 

Tucker called her Elizabeth.  Brian realized he was not given that as an option.

 

Granny turned her attention to Gus.

 

"Gus can you take me to see your new brother and sister.  I'm very anxious to meet them."

 

Gus got a huge smile.

 

"Sure Granny.  I'll take you to Lily and Liam.  I can show you where you'll be staying too if you want."

 

"Okay my darling boy, babies first and accommodations afterwards."

 

Gus took Granny's hand and led her to the family room.

 

John and Peter were looking after Lily and Liam.  Granny smiled at them.

 

"You must be John and Peter.  What handsome young men you are.  There must be a strong handsome gene in the Kinney Family.  John you look like your Uncle Brian but Peter you have your own unique look.  How clever of you."

 

The boys each got a hug and kiss and told they must call her Granny.  As she peered into the bassinet tears started to run down Granny's cheeks.  Her eyes never left her great grandchildren.

 

"Oh my!  They look like little angels.  Justin, Lily is the picture of you.  Liam is clever like Peter and has his own unique look.  Photos don't do them justice.  They are enchanting."

 

Jennifer came to her mother's side.  Granny took her hand. 

 

"Jenny you are so fortunate with your family.  All these handsome grandsons and a beautiful little girl."

 

Granny lifted Lily into her arms.

 

"Jenny bring Liam over to the couch so I can get a really good look at them."

 

Once they were seated Grandmom Jen called Gus over to talk to Liam and Lily.  Granny was thrilled with how the babies responded to the sound of Gus's voice.

 

"Gus, your brother and sister already know what a wonderful big brother you are.  It is really early in their life for them to recognize you.  You have a very special bond with them. What a remarkable boy you are."

 

Gus was really loving Granny.  She was almost as wonderful as Grandmom Jen.

 

The babies started to get a little fussy and Gus explained to Granny that they were getting hungry.  She asked a delighted Gus if he would feed Liam while she gave Lily her bottle.  Gus happily settled on the couch next to Granny and Liam was placed on his lap.

 

Brian, anxious to escape, even for a short time, said he would put the car in the garage.  He took John and Peter with him to help with the luggage.

 

Gus talked to Liam as he fed him.  Granny was amused by the one side conversation.  When Gus called his brother Sunbeam Granny asked him why.

 

Gus giggled before he explained.

 

"My Daddy has special names for us.  He calls me his "Sonny Boy" and Lily is his "Princess" and Liam is "Sunbeam."

 

A puzzled Granny smiled at Gus.     "Why Sunbeam?"

 

"Daddy's special name for Papa is Sunshine.  Sometimes Grandmom Debbie calls him that too.  So that is why he calls Liam Sunbeam.  Daddy calls Papa that name because he really, really loves him.  They kiss all the time.  I can tell when they have been kissing because Papa gets a special funny look on his face."

 

An embarrassed Justin spoke up.

 

"Gus you don't have to tell Granny everything on her first day here."

 

Gus laughed and leaned toward Granny and spoke softly.

 

"Sometimes Papa gets all red in the face when anyone talks about him and Daddy kissing.  Daddy never cares.  He looks happy whenever he and Papa have been kissing.  He doesn't care if anyone talks about it."

 

Granny smiled and Jennifer burst out laughing at the look on Justin's face and the embarrassed blush on his cheeks.

 

Molly arrived at that moment with Mark.  Justin was glad the conversation moved away from kissing.

 

Brian arrived back with John and Peter but attempted to keep as much distance as possible between Granny and himself.  When talk about lunch started, Granny stood up.

 

"I'd like to freshen up before lunch.  Brian would you show me where I'm staying."

 

Brian's face showed his surprise and displeasure, but he couldn't bring himself to refuse.

 

Granny took his arm.  Justin attempted to follow but Granny told him she didn't need two people showing her where she was staying.

 

As they walked across the patio, Granny remarked on what a beautiful setting the house had.  Brian nodded.  Once they reached the pool house, she commented on what a great spot this was for her to stay.  Close by but everyone had their privacy.  She turned to Brian.

 

"I see your hand in these accommodations.  I want to make clear to you how happy I am that you and Justin are so devoted to each other.  Actually, everyone in my Pittsburgh family adores you.

 

I know you must be less than thrilled about my visit.  I appreciate that but I want you to know I have no desire to upset your life.  I have done a little research on you and I am impressed by your business acumen."

 

Granny opened her purse and took out an envelope.

 

"I know from my grandson that you appreciate the finer things in life.  I have a little gift for you."

 

Brian reluctantly took the envelope and opened it.  Inside was a stock certificate for 200 shares of Armani stock in his name.  Wide eyed he looked at Granny.  She smiled.

 

"Now when you spend what my grandson says are excessive amounts of money on clothing you will getting some of your own back since you are a partial owner."

 

Brian actually laughed.

 

"Thank you."

 

"Hmm, still no Granny.  I won't rest until I get you to call me Granny.  I can tell it is going to be a struggle, but I intend to win it."

 

Brian smiled and shook his head as he showed her around the pool house.