Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
[Reviews - 5] Printer
Summary:

Brian reflects following the massacre at Pulse Nightclub on June 12, 2016.

 

This one-shot is set in 2016. It is separate from the EXPOSURE ‘verse and is post-series. Brian and Justin are together and have been. What happened after Justin left for NYC and how they ended up where they are now is not important to this story.


Rated: R
Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION, Angst, Brian/Justin, One-Off Fic, Post-513 Fic, Real Life Issues Characters: Brian, Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 976 Read: 949
Published: November 15, 2018 Updated: November 15, 2018

1. Chapter 1 by ThatAj [Reviews - 5] (976 words)

On June 1, 2016 I was held on lockdown on the campus where I then worked while a SWAT team and the police worked to contain an active shooter. There were two fatalities. Eleven days later I awoke to learn of the Pulse Nightclub massacre. These two events were only connected by time and by the feeling that “these were my people.”


This last week there was a mass shooting at a bar that directly impacted the campus where I now work. And wildfires are destroying homes and causing fatalities. Every single one of my colleagues has been impacted in some way by one or both of these tragedies. Again these are not related except for the feeling that “these are my people.”


I know that gun violence and mass shootings happen all too often. The lives lost at UCLA, at Pulse, at Borderline Bar, and in Southern CA are no more or less important than the thousands of others lost to gun violence and climate change. But today as I sat with my colleagues and listened to their stories, I felt something and I needed a way to process and understand it. Thank you for allowing me this outlet.