Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:
How to Mend a Broken Heart…

Title: My Rich, Arrogant Boyfriend…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 3320
Warnings: Anti-Michael, Passion and Lust…
Beta Queen: Bigj52
Banner: Original banner by Weird Wacky World, updated banner by me.
Series: Rich, Arrogant… This is Part 2 of a 3 Part series.


Summary: Brian and Justin’s relationship has taken many twists and turns along the way, but they both want to find a way to move forward together. Will they be able to work things out, and accept each other’s needs, or will they go their separate ways?

Chapter Summary: How to Mend a Broken Heart…

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

My Rich, Arrogant Boyfriend

Chapter One ~ Confession Is Good For The Soul

After all the turmoil back home and Michaels’s betrayal, Brian decides he needs to go after what he wants. He’s breaking one of his personal mantras of ‘never going after anyone,’ and he knows this is only the first one of his mantras he’s willing to break for his blond angel. He’s not only willing to change, he wants to change. But, how far is he willing to compromise, to become the man he now wants to be?

Following his heart, he tracks Justin to Florence, Italy. While checking in at the hotel desk, he sees Justin leaving. He asks the bellboy to take his luggage to his room, and follows closely behind Justin to Ethan’s hotel. He can’t shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen. He watches from the courtyard of a café across the street, drinking a latte and smoking a cigarette as he waits. Surprisingly he only waited about twenty minutes before seeing Justin bolting out the front door, running into the street, then stopping as he bends over to catch his breath.

Brian quickly realizes Justin is more than just upset as he goes to comfort him. Justin’s shaking, and crying, and his breathing is labored. Brian wraps his arms around him, telling him that everything’s going to be alright. Brian’s never been comfortable in situations like this, but taking care of Justin is instinctual for him. Brian encourages Justin to take deep breaths, trying to help him get his breathing under control. Finally, he feels Justin starting to calm down, as Justin clings to Brian for dear life.

He whispers to Brian in a raspy voice, “I need my medication. My inhaler. I can’t breathe…”

Brian flags down a taxi and helps Justin into the back seat. Finally feeling safe in Brian’s arms, Justin snuggles closer, burying himself into Brian’s side, as he hugs him tight. Soon Justin’s lying on the big king-size bed in his hotel room. His eyes are closed, as he tries to stop his panic attack from taking over. Feeling the bed shift, he begs Brian not to leave him, not to let him go.

“I’m not going anywhere. I’m just going to find your medications.”

“I need my inhaler, my Imitrex, and Xanax.”

Justin’s still wheezing, gasping for air, and his heart is racing, as Brian digs through his carry-on and finds his bag of medications. He grabs a couple bottles of water, and helps Justin sit up to take his prescriptions, and use his inhaler. Brian lies down behind him, and holds him close, as he strokes his hair. Slowly Justin starts to relax, his breathing evens out, and eventually he falls asleep in Brian’s arms. Brian continues to comfort him, rubbing circles on his back, and whispering words of love to him.

Several hours later as the sun starts to set, Justin slowly starts to wake up. He feels safe, and he’s thankful that Brian is there with him. That’s when he starts to wonder how Brian knew where he was, and why he’s here.

Justin turns to face Brian. They look into each other’s eyes, both grateful to be back together.

“Hey. You’re awake.”

“Yeah, and you’re here.”

“Yeah.”

“How did you know where I was?”

“You’re using a Kinnetik credit card.”

“Oh, yeah. I’m glad you’re here.”

“Me too.”

“I’m sorry about what happened the other night. I never should have barged in on you like that.”

“No… I’m sorry. I’m so sorry I hurt you like that.”

“Brian. There’s nothing for you to feel sorry about. We never promised each other anything.”

“I wouldn’t mind if we did.”

“You want to be my boyfriend?’’

“I think I do, but I have to warn you. I’ve never been anyone’s boyfriend before. I might not get it right all the time.”

“Even though I did date Ethan, I’m not sure he was ever really my boyfriend.”

“I never liked the motherfucker.”

“You’ve never even met him.”

“Maybe not, but I trust Daphne and your mom’s judgement.”

“Yeah. I should have listened to them. I guess I’m just brain damaged.”

“I highly doubt that.”

“No. I am. I really am. I have issues. You just witnessed some of them.”

Brian looks confused, but doesn’t say anything. He waits for Justin to continue.

“When I got together with Ethan, it was just a few months after my… My incident.”

“Incident?”

Justin turns away, unsure how Brian will react. So many people judge him when they find out about his past. Brian gently turns his chin so they’re facing each other.

“Do you remember four years back when there was that big trial against Chris Hobbs?”

“Chris Hobbs? The name sounds vaguely familiar.”

“He was the football player who lost his scholarship after attacking some kid at their prom?

“Oh yeah, Debbie was involved in the huge protest against him, when he just got off with a slap on the wrist. Fucking homophobe!”

Justin looks down, feeling somewhat ashamed. “I was that kid.”

“What?”

Brian reaches out and hugs him, kissing the top of his head. Ironically, he kisses him right on his scar from his brain surgery.

“Oh my God, Justin. He could have killed you. Fuck! What an evil bastard!”

Justin buries his face in Brian’s neck. He always gets emotional when he talks about the bashing.

“Hey, are you alright? Of course, you’re not alright. What a stupid question.”

“It just brings back so many bad memories.”

“Maybe I should take out a hit on him.”

“No!”

“Don’t tell me you’ve forgiven him?”

“Hell no! But, I just don’t believe violence solves anything.”

“You’re right, it doesn’t. But it sure helps relieve some of the anger and stress.”

“I don’t really remember it. I only know what Daphne’s told me. I actually had a huge crush on him early on during my senior year. I used to doodle in class, sketching him on the back of my homework assignments.”

“Wow! Your gaydar must have been off.”

“Oh, no. It wasn’t.”

“One day after school, I was leaving Art Club. I saw him cleaning out the Athletics room. I stopped and talked with him, and ended up helping him straighten things up. Afterwards, we sat drinking sodas, and he started telling me about being interviewed for the school paper by one of the cheerleaders. He was the quarterback of the football team, and very popular. He told me she gave him a hand job, and how the sensation of her rings on her hand against his skin pushed him over the edge, making him cum. I couldn’t help noticing he was getting a hard-on, so I leaned over and unzipped his pants. He didn’t even attempt to stop me. He just closed his eyes, and leaned back, moaning his pleasure. He even told me how much he liked it. How he had fantasized about being with me, but we were interrupted when we heard the coach coming. We both jumped up and started working again, none the wiser.”

“Over the next week, every time we saw each other he always looked at me with sad eyes, and I could tell he wanted me. Then he started dating one of the cheerleaders, and soon after that he started teasing me about being gay. I’ll admit that I couldn’t help looking at him in the locker room after gym class. He saw me and freaked out. We got into a fight and I was suspended from school for a week. When my dad found out, he lost it, telling me, ‘no son of his was gay.’ My home life became hell, and at school Chris’s teasing soon turned into bullying, with all his friends joining in.”

“It was actually very sad he was so insecure about his sexuality, that he felt he needed to take his anger and frustration out on me. All I remember about the bashing is right before it happened. Daphne bought an expensive pair of shoes to wear to the prom, but they were so uncomfortable she could only wear them for an hour. Luckily, she brought a backup pair, and we went out into the parking garage for her to change. She was sitting in the car, so I guess Chris didn’t see her as he came up behind me. Daphne looked up just as he swung the bat and she called out my name, and I turned my head. If she hadn’t, I would have been a vegetable, if I lived at all. But where the bat hit me it affected my motor skills, and left me with panic attacks, and fear of crowds. My hand shakes, and gets weak if I use it for long periods of time.”

“Fuck! Are you sure you don’t want me to take a contract out on him?”

“Brian…”

Brian could tell Justin was feeling stressed and overwhelmed after recalling the events of his prom. He wanted to help him get over all his fears, and be a strong support for him when he needs it. So he’ll let Justin decide when he’s ready to talk anymore about the details of his past.

A few minutes later Justin’s stomach growls, letting them know that it needs to be fed.

“Let’s get you some food. I know how cranky you get without a full belly.”

Justin smacks him across his chest. “I’m not that bad.”

“Yeah, right. Do you want room service, or do you want to go out on the town?”

Justin bites his lip. “Would it be all right if we go out tonight? Then tomorrow, can we please just leave Florence. I really don’t want to be here, or anywhere near Ethan. I don’t want my fight with Ethan to be what I remember about Florence, although being saved by you is one memory that I’ll never forget.”

“Anything you want. This is your adventure.”

“Really? We can leave Italy?”

“The world’s your oyster?”

“Umm… Oysters…”

“Come on, let’s feed the beast.”

Brian calls down to the concierge, and has him make a reservation at Osteria del Gatto e la Volpe, one of the best restaurants in the city. When they arrive, the Maître d’ takes them to a private table. Even though Brian rarely eats pasta, he allows himself to indulge. Because, like they say, when in Italy…

“Oh God, Brian. I love Italian food.”

Brian can’t help smirking, wondering how many times he’s heard Justin say that.

“Of course you do.”

“Are you laughing at me?”

“Never. I just know you so well.”

Brian’s POV
We start out with Antipasto, and that just whets Justin’s appetite. For the main course I ordered manicotti with three cheeses, and spinach. Justin has mussels and shrimp over penne. Justin is back to making all those yummy sounds, letting me know just how much he’s enjoying his dinner. Surprisingly he’s actually stuffed, so afterwards we go for a long walk through the narrow cobblestone streets. We stop at an outdoor espresso bar for dessert, and now his moans are even more enticing as he devours his Tiramisù, and then he finishes off my cannoli.

It’s late by the time we get back to the hotel. He’s had a rough day, first fighting with Ethan, and then divulging all the details of his bashing. I know he’s exhausted, and I don’t want to push him. I’m willing to wait until he’s ready to explore more of a sexual relationship. I want him to be comfortable, and I really want us to give this thing between us a try.

~~~

The next morning, we have breakfast at a little coffee shop across from an historic old church. Yeah, the twat is a total romantic, so after breakfast he insists on taking a few photos of the beautiful architecture for his scrapbook. He suddenly stops taking photos, and just stares at the wedding party coming down the steps. His sunshine smile disappears as he looks like he’s about to bolt once again. But I’m right there next to him, and I put my arm around his shoulder to steady him.

He whispers to me, “That’s Ethan.”

He didn’t want to talk about Ethan last night, and I now have a better understanding about his panic attack yesterday. Although I never imagined it was anything like this.

“Come on. Let’s go back to the hotel and pack.”

“Yeah. Okay. Let’s get out of here.”

I can’t help looking back to take a good look at Ethan, and now he’s the one staring at us. I pull Justin closer, then I kiss him with so much passion that he completely forgets about Ian, and his bride. Now Ethan’s the one who’s shocked, seeing Justin in the arms of a gorgeous man. I can’t help wondering how Ethan ended up marrying a woman, and how upsetting this must be for Justin. But I’ll wait until he’s ready to tell me.

I wanted to give Justin a memory of Italy that he’ll be able to look back on and smile. So I book us on a train to Riccione. Once we arrive we check into a hotel right on the Adriatic Sea. The area is beautiful and the beach is amazing. It’s just what he needs, so we spend that afternoon lounging on the beach, and drink wine from the local vineyard.



Justin has his sketchbook in hand and he quickly becomes engrossed in drawing the children playing, the waves crashing on the shore, and I’m pretty sure he’s captured me sunbathing as well. Later on we walk down to a restaurant on the beach, indulging in the local seafood and hand-churned gelato. As the sun sets we walk back hand-in-hand on the sandy beach. Of course, he can’t resist snapping a few more pics along the way.



As we’re lying on a chaise lounge on our balcony, listening to the waves crash on the beach, he starts to tell me what happened with Ethan.

“I can’t believe I fell for all of Ethan’s lies. I’m not even sure he’s gay.”

“Well, considering he married a woman, I think you might be right.”

“He said he was marrying her to further his career.”

“God! He really is a creep.”

“When I met him, he seemed so supportive. It was just a couple of months after I got out of the hospital. I was accepted at PIFA, but I wasn’t sure if I was ready to go to school, or if I could handle being in crowds. I met him my first day, he was playing violin in the courtyard. We had coffee together afterwards, and soon we became friends. I was upset because my father was refusing to pay for my education, and I made some comment about my mom using money from her Trust. I should have picked up on it right then, he was only interested in my money. He asked me all kinds of questions about my family, and he was really impressed that my mom came from old money.”

“My mom threated to take my dad to court to get access to my college fund. So he finally released it, and put it in my mom’s name, still not trusting me. Ethan kept asking me to move in with him, but I wasn’t ready. We had just met, and my mom needed my help with Molly.”

“I was suffering from PTSD, and I told Ethan about the bashing, and my residual panic attacks, my fear of crowds, and my nightmares. He acted all understanding, but when I was actually having an attack, or nightmare he never comforted me, or held me until the moment passed. He said I needed to be strong, to not rely on others, basically to just suck it up.”

“One of the side effects of the bashing, and not dealing with it, was not being able to be close to others. I wasn’t comfortable letting anyone touch me, it always brought on a panic attack. Ethan told me he wouldn’t push me sexually, or do anything I wasn’t ready to do. Then after a while we started messing around, making out and groping each other. He told me that he didn’t believe in having sex before marriage, and at the time, that was alright with me. I was still having issues.”

“In retrospect I should have seen that as a red flag. Daphne thought it was strange, and he was a total weirdo. Even when I was ready to do more, he didn’t really want to touch me. He just wanted us to watch each other, but I pushed back. I wanted to jerk him off, and to suck him. He was more than willing to let me touch him, but he didn’t reciprocate. I know I should have realized it then, but like I said, I’m brain damaged.”

“For four years it went on like that, and Ethan made me feel like I was damaged goods. That I should be glad that he was even interested in me. He told me no one else would ever put up with all my emotional baggage, he said that I was a freak. You must think I’m an idiot.”

“No. Not at all. But I would like to punch him out for ever making you question yourself. You’re only human, and there’s nothing wrong with getting your needs met.”

“This spring I agreed to move in with him, but his place always gave me the creeps. I swear I could hear rats crawling around in the walls, and I only slept there a couple nights a week. I needed to be at my mom’s for Molly when she got home from school. Then Ethan got an offer to replace a violinist who was sick, so he went on tour with the Pittsburgh Philharmonic. Soon he was calling me, asking me to send him money. He claimed he needed new suits, shoes, violin bows, you name it, and for a while I did send him money. He also started asking me about my Trust Fund all the time. I was supposed to get access to it, once I turned twenty-one. My birthday was in March.”

“It irritated me that he kept asking for money, when he was the one who was making good money, and had a steady income. It wasn’t until I saw him yesterday, and by happenstance I met Evette. He introduced me as his cousin. His cousin! When I confronted him, he admitted that he had used all the money I sent him to buy her an expensive diamond ring. He went as far as to suggest that I buy a house near them, so he could sneak away and see me a couple of times a week. He said he planned to divorce her after a couple of years, so he could get a huge divorce settlement.”

“It was then that I questioned if he was even gay, or just a con man. I hate the motherfucker! But what I don’t understand is why I feel so hurt. Especially when I knew I didn’t love him.”

“Because he betrayed you. You trusted him, and he used you. You never deserved to be treated like that.”

“But I bought into all his bullshit! I let him control me and I feel like such a fool!”

“No, you’re not. You’re a trusting person, and that’s not a bad thing. It’s Ethan who’s a fool. He never understood how lucky he was to have you in his life. You’re so much better than him, don’t believe all the bullshit he spouted.”

Brian’s POV
I pull Justin into my arms, and that’s when his tears start. I hold him tight, telling him to just let it all out. We stayed in each other’s arms the rest of the night, eventually falling asleep under the stars once again.

TBC…

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for taking the time for reading my story. I hope you enjoyed it. ~ Kathleen