Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

"Are you going to get out of the car any time soon?" Justin was leaning against the passenger side door of his husband's Jeep, arms crossed on the open window.

Brian huffed and took another drag of his cigarette.

"It's just dinner. You've done this before." Justin laughed. "It's just my mom and Molly."

"Exactly."

"It's either this or you take me out on a proper date considering what today is." Justin arched a brow as Brian glared at him.

"You promised I would never have to celebrate that stupid Hallmark holiday."

"And you won't if you get out of the damn car and play nice through dinner with my family!"

"Fine." Brian took one more drag from his cigarette as he finally got out of the car, tossing the cigarette into the street and stepping on it before walking around to the sidewalk and following Justin up to the condo.

"It's about time." Molly rolled her eyes as she cradled her nephew in her arms. It had been just a week since her brother and brother-in-law had allowed her and her best friend to babysit the little infant and she was now obsessed with him. When they had come to pick him up the next morning she was already begging to babysit again.

Justin for his part, seeing that Molly and Ariel hadn't done anything bad - they were still in the same house with him mother the whole time they watched his son - said they could possibly make it a weekly thing every Tuesday night. Molly and Ariel had been ecstatic and couldn't wait.

"So glad you could make it Brian." Jennifer smiled at the brunet.

"I was dragged kicking and screaming." Brian said dryly as he kissed Jennifer on the cheek.

Justin always thought it was weird how Brian acted like he didn't like Jennifer, but always seemed to get along great with the woman when they were around each other. At first he had thought it was for his sake but then he thought better. Brian wouldn't tolerate someone he didn't like just for someone elses sake - even if it was the mother of his husband.

Throughout dinner Molly kept talking about watching Levi, Jennifer told Brian and Justin about the latest houses she was showing, and about a house she had just sold, Brian talked about an account he was courting, hoping to sign to Kinnetik now that he was back at work. Justin talked about his show in New York in the summer that had been postponed six months because Levi had been born. They kept all talk away from the holiday - totally for Brian's sake.

The next morning at the diner for breakfast all bets were off and because he was tucked into the corner of the booth with Justin practically in his lap - Levi was with Jennifer and Molly for the morning as they kept him overnight for the couple - Brian couldn't escape as Emmett talked about his night with Drew; and Ted and Blake talked about their night.

His only escape was when Justin had gotten up to use the bathroom and Michael had shown up. Brian had said hi to Michael before heading out the door for work. He knew Justin would either walk back to the loft or hitch a ride with one of the boys. He did it all the time. Brian would make it up to him that night. He did it all the time.