Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

"You're getting old, Mikey." Brian smirked as he wrapped his arm around his best friend's shoulders. "One more year and you'll be thirty."

"Fuck you, asshole." Michael laughed. "You're not that far behind me. You'll be thirty in a year and three months."

"Don't fucking remind him of that!" Justin rolled his eyes but he was smiling. "Now he's not going to do anything but complain about getting old."

"I'm not old." Brian huffed.

Justin just looked at his partner. "You're twenty eight."

"Exactly." Brian smirked. "Mikey's now twenty nine. He's old."

"And I'm only twenty two so I win." Justin smiled before he dodged a swat to his ass by Brian. Justin laughed as he left the two friends alone.

Brian turned his attention back to Michael with a smirk, kissing the shorter man on the cheek. "Happy Birthday, Mikey."

Michael smiled back at his best friend. "Thanks."

Brian clapped him on the shoulder before releasing the man and taking a beer from Ted as the older man came up to them. Michael nodded as he accepted his beer from Ted as well. They were standing in the kitchen of Debbie's home, the whole family celebrating Michael's birthday.

"So is David coming?" Ted asked.

"He's dropping Hank off but I don't think he's staying." Michael shrugged. "He and Dr. Odom are going away for the weekend."

"You really need to stop calling him Dr. Odom." Brian shook his head. "It's not like he's Hank's doctor anymore. Conflict of interest and all that."

"Thanks for remind me, again, asshole." Michael mumbled.

"Who has Levi?" Justin asked as he returned to them, wrapping his arms around Brian's waist.

Brian draped his arm over Justin's shoulders. "I think the girls took him and Macsen upstairs for their naps."

Justin nodded and turned his attention to Michael. "So are you and Lindsay going to be proud parents soon?"

The smile on Michael's face was all the answer they needed. They all congratulated the man, and Lindsay once she and Mel returned from upstairs. Once the rest of the family found out - especially Debbie who hugged Lindsay to her a little too long - the party continued.

David showed up with Hank ten minutes later. He only stayed long enough to wish Michael a happy birthday and leave. Hank announced that Jesse was waiting in the car and they were leaving for Hawaii that evening before heading for the kitchen to get food.

"Your kid really doesn't like his doctor does he." Justin watched as Hank headed for the kitchen.

"Jesse isn't his doctor anymore, Sunshine." Brian squeezed his husband.

"No he doesn't." Michael added. "He doesn't understand why David is marrying the guy."

"But he's okay with the divorce?" Emmett asked as he had joined them just before Hank had shown up.

Michael shrugged. "When I sat him down last year to talk to him about it he seemed okay. He knew there was something wrong and once David and Dr. Odom told him they were seeing each other he started hating the guy, especially after they announced they were getting married."

"Like I said, smart kid." Brian tugged Justin closer to him.

The family gathered around the kitchen for the dinner that Debbie had made, all of Michael's favorites - which was a lot. When crying could be heard from upstairs both Brian and Justin disappeared to take care of it. They didn't return for a half hour and everyone ignored the fact that they were both smiling like loons when they did finally return. They all knew what they had been doing upstairs after settling Levi back down.

The part just continued like nothing had happened.