Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

"It's about damn time, assholes!" Debbie yelled as Brian and Justin entered the house for their weekly dinner at the Novotny household. "Dinner's almost ready!"

"We have an excuse." Brian held up the carrier holding Levi.

"We tried to get him ready while he slept but he woke halfway through and needed to be changed." Justin huffed as he dropped the diaper bag he was carrying, since Brian refused to even touch the damn thing.

Everyone was already there of course. Michael with his son Hank, Lindsay and Melanie, Ted and Blake, Emmett and Drew, Debbie's brother Vic, Daphne with her son Macsen, and Jennifer with Molly.

"Daddy! Papa!" Macsen ran for Justin and the blond quickly scooped up the almost three year old.

"Hey Buddy!" Justin kissed his son on the cheek as he settled the little boy on his hip. Macsen wasn't biologically his but when Daphne had announced she was pregnant after getting out of an abusive relationship (with the help of Brian and Justin), together the three of them had agreed to just tell people Justin was Macsen's father from birth - his name was even listed on the birth certificate. The only ones that knew the truth were the family. "How's my little man?"

"Good!" Macsen squealed as his daddy hugged him to him.

"Give me that baby!" Lindsay gushes as Brian sat the carrier down on the coffee table, unbuckling Levi.

Brian stepped aside and allowed the blonde woman to pick up the now two week old infant, cradling him in her arms.

"When are you and Michael going in?" Brian asked, moving the carrier to the floor behind the couch where Justin had dropped the diaper bag.

"We go in next week." Melanie answered as Lindsay sat back down on the chair next to hers. The girls had been in talks of starting a family for a year now with Lindsay as the biological mother. They had originally wanted and asked Brian to be the father. Brian and Justin had been considering it until they had learned Justin was pregnant himself. That had changed everything and after some more consideration the girls had asked Michael, who had readily agreed, loving the idea of Hank having a younger brother or sister.

Justin sat down on the couch with Macsen on his lap, Brian sitting down next to them. Macsen leaned forward and kissed Brian's cheek with a giggle as Brian tickled his side. "Papa!"

"Macsen!" Brian replied as the little boy climbed into his lap from Justin's.

Daphne sat down next to Justin on the other side of the couch and laid her head on his shoulder. Justin laid his own head on top of her's. They didn't need to say anything as they just watched as little Levi was passed around through the family until dinner was ready. When everyone finally settled at the table to eat, Levi was settled into the bouncer seat in the living room within sight of Brian and Justin. He had already been fed so they knew he was alright while the rest of them had dinner.

After dinner the family settled back into the living room to relax and talk. Hank and Molly sat on the floor to play with Macsen, Levi sitting in his bouncer near them. Brian and Justin had sneaked out the backdoor for a moment alone, Brian lighting up a cigarette. Justin had had to stop smoking when he was pregnant and so he wasn't even tempted now to start again, but that hadn't stopped Brian. It just slowed him down and he only smoked outside the house now.

They returned to the living room ten minutes later to gather Levi, say goodbye to the family, and head home. Having a newborn gave them the best excuse for being late for everything, and leaving everything early.