Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

Justin had spent his day doing some touristy stuff. He visited a few sightings like the Space Needle and the Fremont Troll. He had also checked out an art gallery. He had had a fun day by himself. So at the end of the day, when the sun was still up, Justin decided to go lie in sun. He had been outside all day and had gotten a pretty nice glow on his skin but he liked to sunbathe.

 

The blond found his way to the outside pools and occupied one sun chair. He threw his white towel over it before laying down on the thin but soft mattress. The cute pool boy was currently making a drink to someone at the drink station. This could be promising. When he was done, Justin raised his hand and snapped his fingers a couple of times. The cutie noticed it immediately and dutifully walked over.

 

“Hello, is there something I can get you sir?” the pool boy answered. Justin lowered his sunglasses a little and read Rick from the name tag.

 

“I know this probably isn’t part of your job description but I could really use some help with my sunscreen,” Justin held up the small blue bottle.

 

“Um,” Rick seemed uncomfortable. “I don’t know. I should be serving the customers,” he pointed at the bar.

 

Justin looked over there and saw another man, probably 20 years older than him and two customers. “I think your friend can manage alone for a minute. It’s not busy,” the blond shrugged. “Plus you would be serving a customer,” he shook the bottle a little.

 

Rick looked at the bar again but then sighed. “Okay,” he smiled.

 

“Wonderful!” Justin smiled widely. He moved aside a little and patted the now empty space next to him. “Sit right here and you can start with my back,” he turned around and laid on his stomach.

 

Rick took the sunscreen and sat down. Justin heard him open the bottle and soon there was gentle and a little unsure hand on his back. It made nice circular movements against his skin, rubbing the white lotion into it.

 

“You’re really good at this,” Justin grinned by himself.

 

“Um, thanks?” Rick sounded a little nervous.

 

Justin stayed silent for the rest of the time as Rick applied the lotion on his back. When he was done Justin turned his head and smiled again knowingly. “You know what, while you’re at it, why don’t you do my legs too.”

 

*

 

The first thing Brian did when he got out of the plane was that he headed for one of those touristy booths and bought a map. All the hotels, sights, restaurants, theaters and other interesting places were marked down on it. The brunet paid for the map and sat down on the nearby café’s chair. They had tables outside on the street.

 

Brian tried to think if he was a little rich boy, where would he go, what would he do. The worst thing was that Justin had unlimited access to everything. He had enough money to buy himself a house if he wanted. The options were endless. Did he have a friend here he was staying with, was he at a hotel, had he rented or bought an apartment or had he really bought his own house?

 

Brian was fairly sure the boy wouldn’t do anything important. He would probably live like a queen, sitting on his ass and going clubbing during the night. That seemed really obvious.

 

The brunet decided he should keep showing Justin’s picture to people, but this time he would focus on customer servicers. In a city this big he doubted random people remembered him walking by.

 

The brunet watched the map and sighed. He obviously needed to visit places and the public transport wouldn’t be an option. It would only slow him down. The only option seemed to be to rent a car. So that was what Brian decided to do.

 

And soon enough Brian was driving a light grey Toyota on the streets of Seattle. He missed his Jeep already. The Toyota was nothing like his Jeep.

 

The next thing the man did, was find a hotel. He checked the map again and looked up what was near. After searching a little and comparing prices he decided to stay at Travelodge. He rolled his eyes at the name but what could you do, a man needed his sleep.

 

*

 

“I’m not sure about this color,” Justin checked himself out from the mirror as couple of women helped her find a shirt. He was in Louis Vuitton at the moment. The blond had gotten bored of his old t-shirt and it was time to get a new one. The color of the shirt he was currently tying on, was light grey and it was so blah. It didn’t look expensive. Light grey, especially in t-shirts never looked like it cost more.

 

“How about this dark blue one?” one of the women held up. It had the logo printed out over the chest.

 

“I’m not sure if I like the logo that big. Also I would like something more than a logo. You have anything like that?” Justin pulled the shirt off and watched as the women blushed a little.

 

“You have any color preferences?” the other woman asked.

 

Justin looked around and watched the clothes around them. There weren’t that much options. “Maybe white or standard black. White if it isn’t see through,” Justin answered.

 

The woman furrowed her brows and seemed to be in thought. “I’ll go look, just a moment,” she said and disappeared.

 

The one that stayed with Justin showed him a few t-shirts that she had in her hands. Justin tried one on but didn’t love it. Then the other one came back with two t-shirts. She showed them both to Justin and the blond seemed pleased. The other had little marks on the hem and the sleeves, with a small logo on the chest on the left. He didn’t care for that. Then there was the other. It was black and had the same small, grey marks but they were on the shoulders. It also had the golden logo over heart. Justin motioned that he would like to try it on. The woman gave the shirt to the blond and he pulled it over his head.

 

Justin looked at himself from the mirror and was very pleased with what he saw. The t-shirt was tight and showed off his body nicely. It hugged his abs and made his biceps look amazing. This was the one and he was fairly sure he would actually keep this one instead of throwing it away, unlike the shirt he had been waring recently.

 

“I’ll take this one,” Justin smiled.

 

“A very good choice. It looks amazing on you,” one of the women said and the other one nodded.

 

“You mind if I keep it on? I want to wear it immediately,” Justin asked.

 

“Not at all. Just let me cut the tag off,” the other woman rushed to the counter to get scissors.

 

Justin followed him. “You can keep my old shirt or throw it away, I don’t care,” he said to the other woman who stayed behind to take all the shirts back to where they belonged. Then he walked to the counter where the woman took the tag off and Justin paid for the shirt.

 

“Thank you, sir. You have a good day,” the woman smiled as she gave receipt.

 

“You too,” Justin smiled and stepped out of the shop, heading to buy some jeans from Gucci.

 

*

 

Brian bit his lower lip. He had tried to get the info on Justin’s credit card, but it really seemed like the kid had made it impossible for anyone else to get a hold of it. Smart move otherwise but it made finding him unexpectedly hard. He still had Daphne’s phone too but was afraid to use it if Daphne had gotten a word to Justin that he was looking for him. If he started calling or texting, the kid would run to some other state if he hadn’t already. He had also kept showing the kid’s photo to people but he didn’t really expect anyone to recognize him.

 

Brian had tried to check out a few hotels but one of them said they don’t have the right to tell anything about their customers and others didn’t recognize him. Brian wasn’t sure if they told the truth. The guy at Silver Cloud had looked suspicious.

 

The brunet checked out his map again. He could go check out some bars but it was only 1pm. He doubted there were any open. Would the kid like to go sightseeing? Maybe art galleries. He seemed to be some sort of artist or something. There was one close by, he should check it out just to be sure.

 

Brian drove his car to the art gallery and walked in. He looked around, there was an abstract art show going on at the moment.

 

“Hello,” a woman, dressed in fancy skirt suit, came to him.

 

“Hi,” Brian smiled a little and pulled Justin’s picture out. “Have you seen this man?”

 

The woman took a look at the picture, pulling her glasses half an inch down her nose. Then she shook her head. “Can’t say I have. Is he missing?”

 

“Yes, he’s into art and I was hoping he would have visited you,” Brian explained, putting the photo back into his pocket. “Thank you anyway,” Brian turned to leave.

 

“I hope you find him,” the woman said as Brian was leaving.

 

“So do I,” Brian exclaimed as he stepped out the door. He stopped at the sidewalk and looked around. The map showed that there was a bar just down the street. He should go see if it was open but first he decided to go get some water from the café that was next door. The brunet walked towards the open door but half way to it he saw a mop of blond hair on the other side of the street.

 

Brian stopped and blinked. Then he pulled out the picture and held it up, seeing the man and the photo side by side.

 

It was Justin Taylor. Living, breathing Justin Taylor. He was the kid in his picture.

 

Never before had he spotted the person he was looking for, walking down the street like he was having just another day off. Brian huffed a laugh and pushed the photo into his pocket.

 

That wasn’t so hard. Hello 10 000 dollars and goodbye Washington. His job was basically done.