Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just when you thought I would never post the latest update.  Hope you enjoy, sorry for the delay.

The Taylor-Kinneys Do Disney

 

This story is a sequel to "Sickness & Health, Good Times & Bad" & "Holiday Happenings".  You don't have to read those stories first but this story will make more sense if you do.

 

Brian and Justin are established partners, sharing custody of Gus and raising Brian's nephews. 

 

I don't own the original QAF characters just the situations I create.  No copyright infringement intended.

 

Chapter 1

 

Justin stood in the new nursery for the twins, formerly known as the large guest room.  The painters finished today.  The walls were a warm, pale yellow and the trim was mint green.  He and Brian were firm on no pink & blue for the new babies.  Jennifer had been warned that they would never allow their children to wear matching outfits, no matter how "adorable" their grandmother thought those outfits would look.

 

Justin had his sketch book and a tape measure so he could refine his final plans for the room. The furniture had been ordered.  Justin was still working on the final plan for furniture placement and for what murals he would paint on the walls.

 

He was so lost in thought he didn't hear Brian come into the room until his partner was right behind him. Justin turned with a smile to see Brian still dressed in his Kinnetik clothes.

 

"Welcome home!  Always the best part of my day when you come home."

 

Brian pulled his partner into a hug and leaned down to kiss his soft pink lips."

 

"Coming home to you is the best part of my day.  Of course if you tell anyone I said that I would have to kill you."

 

Justin chuckled

 

"Always the romantic."

 

He looked into Brian's eyes and his smile faded.

 

"So tell me what the problem is?"

 

Brian raised his eyes so he was not looking directly into Justin's face.

 

"We have been working on this huge prospect at Kinnetik.  Turns out the only time they have available for a presentation is next week."

 

Justin, who had been expecting something like this, worked hard not to laugh.

 

"So that means you won't be able to go on the Orlando trip?"

 

"I hate to bow out at this point and maybe I can still get down there for a day or so.  This is really a big opportunity and I think I owe it to everyone at Kinnetik to give the presentation."

 

Justin tried his best to look concerned.

 

"I understand.  Of course I'm disappointed but I'll have John and Patrick to help me with the younger boys.  Of course Gus will be really disappointed.  It will be hard for him to find out that his father's business is more important to his father than he is."

 

Brian frowned.

 

"I think you can spin it a little better than that when you tell Gus.  This is a very important prospect for Kinnetik."

 

Justin laughed.

 

"First, I just want to remind you that I sat in on the report from our annual audit.  I am aware at just how rosy our financial picture is right now.  So don't try and bullshit me into thinking it is urgent that you make this presentation.

 

Second, I have no intention of telling Gus anything about YOUR plans.  You will be the one who faces those big hazel eyes and tries to justify going on a business trip instead of going on a dream vacation with him. Personally I'm betting on Gus convincing you to go to Disney with us.

 

By the way, you are pretty much right on schedule."

 

"What does that mean?  What schedule?"

 

Justin smiled.

 

"Brian.  Do you actually think I wasn't expecting you to try and weasel out of going to Disney?  Hopefully you remember this trip was all your idea at Christmas."

 

Brian just grunted and left the room to go change his clothes.  Justin's laugher ringing in his ears. 

 

Justin finished his sketch before he wandered over to the master bedroom.  Brian dressed in his at home clothes was just coming out of the bathroom.  He attempted to look annoyed but Justin just smiled.

 

"I talked to my Mom today.  She told me that Tucker says the rocking chairs are just about finished."

 

That news made Brian smile.  Tucker and the shop teacher at the school where he taught were making custom rocking chairs for Brian & Justin.  They had taken measurements of both men and there had been a couple "fittings" to make sure the chairs were perfect.

 

Brian enjoyed anything that was custom made for him.  Justin had been so touched by Tucker's offer that he had hugged him when Tucker first suggested making the rocking chairs for the twin's nursery.

 

Brian was working on assembling his wardrobe choices for the next day.  Justin sprawled on the bed, amused by Brian's carefully matching shirts & ties to the suit he planned to wear to the office.  Justin found Brian's serious expression as he compared the clothing to be absolutely adorable, not that he would ever use those words to his partner.

 

"Now that Tucker is going fishing next week with his brother and nephews Mom has finalized the travel plans to treat Debbie to the Disney trip.   Joe's uncle agreed to pay for Joe's plane ticket along with some spending money. 

 

I am going to ask John & Patrick if they would mind having Joe share the bedroom with them.  That way be won't be stuck with the two older ladies for the whole trip."

 

Brian gave a quick burst of laughter.

 

"I want to see you tell Mother Taylor that she is an "older" lady!"

 

Justin smirked.

 

"She is Grandmom Jen to a bunch of teenage and almost teenage boys.  I think that qualifies her as "older"."

 

Brian chuckled.

 

"But she has a young stud for a boyfriend."

 

Justin gave him an annoyed look and flipped him the bird.

 

"Sunshine, we already have six kids staying in the villa with us.  Do we really need to add another one?"

 

"Buck up old man.  It's only for four nights.  I don't think you will suffer any permanent damage."

 

Brian smirked.

 

"You can't be sure I won't suffer irreparable damage from this experience."

 

Justin shook his head as he got off the bed.

 

"That's a chance I willing to take.  I'm going downstairs to check on dinner."

 

Brian returned to selecting his wardrobe for the next day.  He enjoyed spending time in his closet.  Since warm weather was on the way Brian decided to look through his Spring suits.  He opened the opaque garment bags to be sure the suits were in perfect condition.

 

After selecting a couple suits to be added to his everyday wardrobe choices Brian went downstairs to the kitchen.  Justin was putting the finishing touches on dinner.  John was making a salad and Peter was setting the table.

 

Justin turned to Brian and gave him a him sunshine smile.   Brian felt his heart swell just looking at his beautiful blonde partner greeting him with that huge smile.  He couldn't resist smiling back at Justin.

 

"Brian, why don't you open a bottle of wine.  We are having seafood paella so a nice dry white would be a good choice."

 

"Your wish is my command Sunshine."

 

John & Peter looked at each other and rolled their eyes.  The uncles were a constant source of amusement to them.  They loved their uncles and were grateful to them but they also thought they were kind of silly most of the time.

 

Once they were seated around the table Justin brought up the fact that Debbie and Joe were now part of the Disney trip.  John chuckled as soon as Justin broached the subject.

 

"You can save your breath Uncle Justin.  Grandmom Jen emailed Patrick and me about Joe coming on the trip.  She said it wouldn't be much fun for him to bunk with two old ladies.  She thought it would be nice to ask Joe to stay with us."

 

Justin with a smug look on his face, looked over to Brian.

 

"Two old ladies."

 

John just shrugged.

 

"Grandmom Jen said that if Uncle Brian objected to another kid staying at the villa, she would talk to him."

 

Brian shook his head as Justin laughed out loud.  The nephew joined in the laughter.  They all knew that Brian was just a little afraid of Jennifer.  Brian gave them all a dirty look and concentrated on his plate of food.

 

Justin leaned against Brian and gave his thigh a gentle squeeze.  Bran turned and gave Justin a quick kiss to the side of his head.  Peter gave John poke under the table and both boys smiled.

 

************************************************************************************

 

The next afternoon Justin was nervously sitting in the lobby of the medical building in Washington.  Eden had a sonogram scheduled.  She was almost 7 months along in the pregnancy.   Justin leapt to his feet when he saw her come through the door.  She smiled as she saw Justin approach and opened her arms for his hug.

 

They texted daily and usually met for lunch every week.  Eden looked around the lobby.

 

"Isn't Brian coming today?"

 

Before Justin could answer Brian rushed through the door, apologizing for being late and complaining about traffic coming out of the city.

 

Justin almost vibrated with excitement as he & Brian sat in the waiting area.  He kept a firm hold on Brian's hand.  When the technician came to the door and called their names Brian thought his shoulder might be pulled out of its socket as Justin shot out of his chair.

 

Once they were in the room all eyes were on the monitor.  At the last ultrasound the technician was fairly sure one of the babies was a boy but she couldn't get a clear view due to the position of the babies. 

 

Suddenly one baby's face showed clearly on the screen.  Justin took a deep breath and squeezed Brian's hand.  The technician moved the sensor and they could see both babies.  They appeared to be holding hands. Justin couldn't stop the tears from running down his cheeks.  He reached his hand out to Eden who grabbed it as she too was fascinated by what the monitor was revealing.

 

Justin could sense how emotional Brian was and his tears flowed faster.  He took his eyes of the monitor for just a second to look up at Brian.   Brian was doing his best to keep his no emotion expression in place but Justin could see the unshed tears in his eyes.  Brian raised their joined hands and kissed Justin's hand.

 

Looking back at the monitor Justin gasped.  The babies had turned again and were facing each other.  It was plain for them all to see that they were brother & sister.

 

Justin let out a breath and whispered.  "One of each."

 

Brian tightened his grip on Justin's hand. 

 

Eden had a smile on her face as she looked over at the two men. 

 

"Rich man's family which in this case is actually true."

 

Brian chuckled but Justin spoke up.

 

"We already have Gus and John & Peter are a part of our family.  I think that little girl is going to have a household of males to wrap around her little finger."

 

Brian smirked.

 

"Well one thing is for sure.  No dating until she is thirty."

 

Eden and the technician both shook their heads and groaned.

 

Justin laughed.

 

"Don't worry about this girl ladies.  She will have no trouble making a devoted slave out of her Daddy."

 

Brian wanted to deny the truth of that statement but he knew if their daughter resembled her Papa he would have great difficult ever telling her no.

 

Justin had several "baby pictures" clutched in his hand as they left.  Brian & Justin walked Eden to her car and waved as she drove away. 

 

Brian had his arm around Justin.

 

"So are you able to drive yourself home safely?"

 

"Yes Brian!  I'm fine; just excited about finding out the sex of the babies>"

 

Brian pulled his favorite blond close to his side.

 

"Our babies Sunshine.  It was really amazing that you were so quick to remind everyone that we already have a family with Sonny Boy and the nephews."

 

Justin had a huge smile on his face as he moved in front of Brian.  He rested his face on Brian's chest and put his arms around him.  He was mildly surprised when he felt Brian's arms close around him and hold him tight.

 

"Brian you know I love Gus.  I couldn't love him more."

 

Brian leaned down to kiss the top of his lover's head.

 

"I do know that and I understand it.  I love these babies so much and they aren't even here with us yet."

 

Justin was thrilled as he tried to get even closer to Brian who chuckled.

 

"Are you trying to climb inside me Sunshine?"

 

Justin leaned his head back to look into Brian's face.

 

"I already feel we are a part of each other."

 

Brian smiled.

 

"That is a ridiculously romantic thing to say but I can't argue with that statement."

 

Justin leaned his head back on Brian's chest, enjoying just holding each other, standing here in the middle of a parking lot.  He felt Brian start to tense and realized this ridiculously romantic interlude was coming to an end but it was fucking great while it lasted.

 

Justin pulled back but still had a smile on his face.

 

"I'm going to call my Mom and tell her to come for dinner.  She has to be among the first people we tell about our son and daughter or we will never hear the end of it."

 

Brian smirked.

 

"If we supply another grandson and a granddaughter there is no way Mother Taylor will hold a grudge."

 

"We have to include Mom in our announcement!"

 

Brian walked Justin to his car.  They stood by the side of the car while Justin called Jennifer's cell.   Justin chuckled as he talked to his mother.  He was mildly surprised to hear that Jennifer was already at their house waiting to hear about the sonogram results.  Justin was slightly more surprised to hear that Jennifer had picked up Debbie who was also anxiously waiting for an update on the twins.

 

Standing next to his partner Brian could overhear Justin's conversation with his mother.  He suggested they escape to the loft for the night.  Brian said that Alice & Charlie could look after John & Peter.

 

A laughing Justin said that he thought his mother & Debbie would track them down to the loft and those two women angry was not something he wanted to deal with.

 

Brian agreed and they left for home.  Brian was, by far, the faster driver but when Justin turned into the driveway he saw the Corvette parked out of sight of the house.  Justin gave a quick toot of the horn and Brain followed him up to the house.

 

Everyone was waiting in the kitchen; Jennifer, Debbie, John, Peter, Alice & Charlie.   When Justin and Brian came though the garage door all conversation ceased and every face turned towards them.  Brian made sure he stayed behind Justin, he sensed that there was going to be hugging,

 

Justin smiled at the expectant faces.  He reached behind to take Brian's hand.

 

"We have some pictures for you to all see.  The babies were very cooperative and it was easy to see that we are expecting a son and a daughter."

 

Just as Brian suspected Jennifer and Debbie raced towards them.  He blatantly used Justin as a shield to limit the women's access to him.   Justin played his role as Brian's protector.  Debbie had to settle for hugging Justin.

 

Jennifer hugged and kissed Justin, she smiled at Brian with a special look on her face.  Brian recognized the look as one she had on her face whenever she looked at Justin and Molly.  The first time Brian saw that look directed at him, he was startled and embarrassed.  Now he couldn't help smiling back at Jennifer.

 

Jennifer smiled grew wider.

 

"Brian, father of a daughter. I'm not sure who I am more concerned about you or the little blonde haired girl who is going to have no trouble wrapping you around her little finger."

 

Justin turned to look fondly at Brian with a huge smile on his face.

 

"I'll do my best to make sure things don't get too out of control."

 

Bria smirked at his favorite blond.

 

"Sunshine, are you worried someone will supplant you in my affection?"

 

"No Brian.  I'm confident you will always adore me just as a much as you do today."

 

That led to general laughter in the room.  Justin leaned back against Brian.  He knew that his partner was using him as a shield but he loved Brian holding him so close.   He was so happy to feel one with Brian, it was comforting & empowering at the same time.  It was wonderful!

 

Once Debbie and Jennifer moved away John & Peter came over.  John had a smirk on his face that was so identical to Brian's that Justin couldn't resist smiling at him. 

 

Full of Kinney DNA John made no move to hug Justin but he smiled widely.

 

"Wow things are going to get really interesting around here.  I am really looking forward the babies; I think it will be fun."

 

Justin bestowed a sunshine smile on his nephew.

 

"We are going to rely on you guys a lot for help with your new cousins."

 

John smiled back and nodded, he really was looking forward to the new additions to the family.  Peter gave Justin a hug and said it was neat that the twins were a boy and girl.  He was not as excited as his brother about the babies' arrival.  He valued his time talking with Justin and felt that the twins would monopolize a lot of Justin's time.

 

Alice & Charlie offered their congratulations before Alice announced that dinner was ready.  They gathered around the dining room table to eat a meal partially prepared by Alice and partially by things Debbie had brought with her.

 

The main topic of conversation was suggesting names for the new babies.   It quickly developed into a contest of who could think up the most outrageous names.  When Justin suggested "Craig & Joan" Brian actually spit the food in his mouth back onto his plate.  He refused to participate in any baby naming games.

 

Debbie, a huge fan of Gone with the Wind, suggested "Scarlett & Rhett".   Jennifer was more of a Casablanca fan and suggested "Rick & Ilsa". 

 

John thought of his favorite TV show and suggested "Jerry & Elaine".  Peter got an evil look from his brother when he suggested "John & Patrice". 

 

Alice went biblical with "Joseph & Mary".  Charlie announced he had the perfect names that no one could find any problem with "Alice & Charlie".  That brought hysterical laughter to the table and brought the naming game to an end.

 

Brian had a smirk on his face as he looked across the table at Debbie.

 

"So Deb you left you menfolk to fend for themselves tonight?"

 

"Thursday night is usually boys' night out for Carl & Joe."

 

Brian's eyebrows went up.

 

"Do I have to worry about my liquor license at Babylon?  Joe seems a little young and Carl seems a little old and straight for that to be their destination but one can never be too careful."

 

Justin gave Brian an elbow poke to his side and Jennifer's eyes narrowed but Debbie was too used to Brian to be upset.

 

"Still an asshole after all these years.  Carl and Joe go to a place some cops hang out at.  It's a bar but they have pool tables and serve pizzas.  Lots of the guys Carl works with go there with their kids or grandkids.   So my menfolk enjoy a night out together.

 

Joe is such a sweet boy, not at all like you were at that age!  He is a nice polite boy, more like Sunshine.  Of course he rarely hears from that Uncle of his."

 

Brian's expression became more serious.

 

"He still sends the money for Joe's board and school tuition doesn't he?"

 

Debbie shrugged.

 

"Yeah the SOB makes sure the fucking money gets deposited into our bank account every month.  He sent the extra money for the Disney trip without any problem.  Of course it really is Joe's money that his mother left him."

 

Jennifer patted Debbie's hand.

 

"Joe is so lucky that he decided to trust you.  Who knows what would have happened to him.  Be sure to let Justin or Brian know if that Uncle gives you any trouble.  They'll have their lawyers take care of any issues."

 

Justin chuckled at his Mother offering his & Brian's help without saying anything to them.

 

Jennifer gave him a look.

 

"Justin, do you have a problem with me assuring Debbie of your help?"

 

Brian now gave Justin an elbow poke.  Justin smiled at his mother.

 

"No Mom!  No problem at all.  Are you and Debbie already for the Disney trip?"

 

Brian turned to Justin.

 

"Smooth change of subject Sunshine."

 

That led to more laughter before discussion turned to the upcoming trip.  Jennifer, Debbie & Joe were flying down to Florida on Sunday afternoon.  Ted & Blake with Nina were on the same flight Mel, Lindsay & JR that was leaving on Monday afternoon.

 

Justin, Brian and all the boys were flying to Orlando on Monday morning.

 

***********************************************************************************

 

Brian picked up an extremely excited Gus after school on Friday afternoon.  Gus kept up a conversation all the way home.  He informed his Father of all his plans for what he wanted to see & do at Disney.  Gus was also fun of questions about what his Daddy & Papa had planned for the trip.

 

Gus excitement level built all weekend.  Brian & Justin were grateful to the nephews for spending a lot of time distracting Gus and taking him outside for long walks and kicking around the soccer ball which helped distract and tire out Gus.

 

Brain was lying in bed on Sunday night when a frazzled Justin came into the bedroom and collapsed on his side of the bed.

 

"It took a whole book to get Gus to sleep.  He kept interrupting me with questions about the trip.  I'm glad we are leaving tomorrow.  I'm not sure I could take another day of this."

 

Brian shook his head.

 

"Sonny Boy has been quite a handful this weekend.   John & Peter keeping him busy saved my sanity!"

 

Justin chuckled.

 

"Did you remind the boys to not stay up too late?  We need them to be up and dressed pretty early tomorrow morning."

 

Brian nodded. 

 

"John, Peter and Josh were having a snack in the kitchen when I came upstairs.  After eating they were planning to go up to their rooms.  Explain to me again why we have an extra kid tonight?"

 

Justin rolled across the bed so he was next to Brian.

 

"It just makes sense for Mary and Bill to drop him off tonight and not to have to worry about getting him here in the morning."

 

Brian rolled his eyes.

 

"At least we don't get custody of the O'Brien boys until tomorrow at the airport."

 

Justin sighed.

 

‘I'm worried that Roxanne is not going to let Kevin come with us.  She seems to be getting more and more nervous the closer it gets to us leaving."

 

Brian put his arm around Justin and pulled him close.

 

"Threaten her with Mother Taylor's wrath if she doesn't let Kevin come with us."

 

That comment made Justin smile.

 

"Maybe we should have let Mom take Gus and Kevin with her today.  Actually I'm a little concerned that Roxanne will make Kevin so nervous he won't want to come with us."

 

"Don't look for trouble, Sunshine.  Gus will talk Kevin into coming with us."

 

Brian ended the discussion by giving his favorite blond a kiss followed by pulling Justin's t-shirt over his head and placing his mouth over Justin's nipple to softly suck and nibble on it.  It took a very short time for both men to be naked and moving on to serious lovemaking.  They forgot all about overly excited children and nervous mothers as Brian fucked Justin into the mattress.

 

The knock on the door came very early the next morning, before even Brian was awake.  Brian sat up in bed, Justin rolled back to his side of the bed and pulled a pillow over his head.  Gus announced from the other side of the door that it was him knocking.

 

Brian told Gus to come in.  The miniature Kinney ran around to his Daddy's side of the bed.  Brian picked up his son and deposited him onto the bed beside him.

 

"Sonny Boy you sure are up early this morning."

 

Gus snuggled against his Daddy as he glanced over at his Papa holding the pillow firmly over his head.

 

"Well Daddy we have to be ready to go to the airport so we don't miss the airplane."

 

Brian chuckled.

 

"I don't think we are in any danger of missing our flight quite yet.  I think we better go make some coffee or we may not get you Papa out of bed in time."

 

Gus laughed delightedly as he scrambled off the bed.  Brian sent him back to his bedroom to put on his slippers.  Brian pulled on a T shirt and met Gus in the hall.  Together they made their way down to the kitchen.

 

Gus returned with a travel mug of coffee which he placed on Justin's night table.  He got his face right next to the pillow over Justin's head and whispered.

 

"Papa, you need to wake up and have your coffee.  You don't want to miss Disney.  It won't be as much fun without you."

 

Justin couldn't resist that argument so he threw off the pillow, gave Gus a quick kiss and sat up to drink his coffee.  Gus scrambled onto the bed to snuggle next to his Papa.  Of course the main topic of conversation was all the things Gus wanted to see & do at Disney.

 

After Justin finished his first cup of coffee they went downstairs for breakfast.  John, Peter & Josh appeared for their breakfast and Justin packed tons of snacks for the trip.

 

Brian made sure that they were all assembled with their luggage in the entry hall before the van arrived to take them to the airport. 

 

When the van arrived Brian and the John helped the driver carry out the luggage.  Justin got Gus seat belted into the third row of seats with Peter & Josh.  John joined Justin on the second seat and Brian rode beside the driver.  As they approached the airport entrance Brian called Liberty Air.

 

Since Kinnetik did all Liberty's advertising Brian & Justin had all the benefits of the highest level frequent fliers.  That meant curbside check in and special security lines.  As they pulled up to the curb for check in Brian groaned and Justin laughed.

 

John turned to Justin.   "What's up?"

 

An amused Justin told him.    "Tim, the CEO of Liberty Air, is waiting with the check in agents."

 

As they were getting out the van, Tim came over with a big smile on his face. 

 

"When I heard Brian Kinney was taking a trip to Disney World, I had to come down and see it for myself."

 

A smirking Brian shook Tim's hand.  When Justin walked up Tim gave him a quick hug.

 

"Justin!  I can't imagine how you talked Brain into this trip?"

 

Justin knew better than to say the trip was actually Brian's idea.

 

"Well we thought the boys would enjoy seeing Disney."

 

Gus walked up to stand beside his Papa.  Justin put his arm around the boy's shoulders.

 

"Tim this is our son, Gus, and these guys behind me are out nephews, John & Peter, and Peter's buddy Josh.  We are meeting up with a couple more travelers inside."

 

Tim looked down at Gus.

 

"Wow!  You look more like your Daddy than the photo he has in his office."

 

Gus got a he smile on his face; nothing made him happier than to be compared to his Daddy.  Meanwhile Brian had dealt with the luggage and gotten their boarding passes.  He came over to join the group.

 

Tim turned to him.

 

"Everything okay Brian?"

 

"Everything perfect as usual Tim.  You run a first class operation.  I even have the tags for the two bags our other guests have to check."

 

Tim laughed.

 

"Glad to know we meet with your approval.  By the way, my wife expects an invitation to the baby shower for the twins."

 

Brian and Justin had matching horrified expressions on their faces.  Justin was the first to be able to answer.

 

"Sorry Tim.  There aren't any plans for a shower.  That isn't something either of us would be interested in!"

 

Tim chuckled.   "I'll just tell my wife to call Cynthia to arrange the invite."

 

Brian made a mental note to call Cynthia himself to be sure that no baby shower was planned.

 

The group moved into the landside terminal of the airport.  Gus happily held John's hand as they followed behind his fathers.  Greg spotted them and waved from where he was standing with Roxanne & the boys.

 

Justin noticed Rozanne's red eyes, the exasperation on Greg's face, Patrick's annoyance and Kevin's look of nervous upset.  He thought maybe they should have had his mother handle this parting.

 

He decided to ignore the obvious and just try and make a clean getaway.  He took Brian's hand and gave it a squeeze while plastering a smile on his face.

 

"Hi guys!  All set to go?"

 

Patrick smiled and said yes.   Kevin spotted Gus and got a big smile on his face.   Justin hoped he hadn't overestimated Gus's appeal.   Kevin let go of his mother's hand so he could give Gus a hug.

 

The Liberty Air Rep had followed them.  He took Patrick & Kevin's suitcase to get them checked in.  Roxanne turned to Greg.    "Are you sure?"

 

His answer was a curt "yes".

 

After years spent with Brian, Justin was quick to recognize Roxanne's desire to protect her son.  Patrick hugged his father good bye and gave his mother a quick kiss on her cheek before walking over to stand with the other boys.

 

Greg bent down to give Kevin a hug and kiss good bye.  He told his son to have fun and be a good boy.  Roxanne knelt down and pulled Kevin into a hug.  Tears ran down her cheeks and Justin could see how upset Kevin was getting. 

 

He smiled and put his hand gently on Roxanne's shoulder.

 

"We better get going.  We need to get through security and get over to the airside terminal."

 

Roxanne stood up and nodded her head.  Gus took John's hand as they started away and Kevin took Patrick's hand.  John and Patrick led the way towards security with Peter & Josh behind them, Brian & Justin brought up the rear.

 

Justin kept his eye on Kevin who kept looking back to where his Mom & Dad were standing and watching them.  When Justin turned to look back he could see that Roxanne was looking very sad and Greg was looking very annoyed.  Apparently they would have a grim car ride home. 

 

Kevin kept looking back as Patrick pulled him along.  Justin handed his battered leather messenger bag to a startled Brian before stooping down and gathering Kevin in his arms.

 

"Hey Kevin, we are going to have so much fun in Florida.  Grandmom Jen is already there and she is going to take you guys to breakfast with Disney characters.   We will be seeing so much awesome stuff and you & Gus will go on some fun rides.  I'm really excited, who about you?"

 

Gus looked back at friend in Papa's arms and gave them a big smile and a thumbs up.

 

Justin made sure he kept eye contact with Kevin.

 

"Gus is really looking forward to spending time with you.  We're all so glad you are coming with us!"

 

Kevin gave Justin a kiss on the cheek.

 

"I'm glad too Uncle Justin.  I just feel bad that my Mom will miss me and Patrick."

 

Justin gave Kevin a hug.

 

"I think your Mom will be fine.  Think about how excited she will be to hear all about our trip when you get back home.  You will so many stories to tell her."

 

That thought made Kevin smile and that left Justin feeling less anxiety about Kevin melting down before they even got on the plane.   Going through security was a little bump in the road but Gus happily walking through the scanner first saved the day.

 

After security Kevin was happy to walk on his own holding Justin's hand. Justin was able to retrieve his messenger bag from a grateful Brian.  Justin's wardrobe choices and his scuffed up leather messenger bands were things that Brian just had to accept but refused to like.

 

Since they were not able to get enough first class seats to accommodate everyone; Brian purchased all the seats in the first 2 rows of coach.  Justin just shook his head when Brian told him about buying extra seats so no one would feel crowded.

 

Once they reached the gate area, Brian & Justin settled into seats with Gus & Kevin.  The four older boys went exploring in the terminal area.  Kevin was still feeling a little uneasy.  He sat next to Justin and leaned against him as Gus examined his map of Disney World and kept pointing out to his friend all the great thing they would see & do.

 

Justin put his arm around Kevin and looked down at him with a smile.

 

"You doing okay Buddy?"

 

Kevin nodded and looked into Justin face.

 

"I Love you Uncle Justin.  I always feel happy when I am with you and Uncle Brian."

 

Justin gave Kevin a quick hug.

 

"We love you too Buddy.  We are all going to have a great time on this trip."

 

When the time came to board the flight the Liberty Air Rep appeared to make sure the Taylor-Kinney party got settled on the plane.  Brian took window seat F in the first coach row with Justin the aisle seat.  Across the aisle were Gus & Kevin.  John & Patrick were in the row behind the uncles with Peter & Josh behind the little boys.

 

Brian was concentrating on some customer files while Justin paged through an art magazine while keeping an eye on Kevin & Gus.  He leaned toward Brian.

 

"I think I better sit over with Gus and Kevin for takeoff.  They may need some hand holding, especially Kevin."

 

Brian smirked.   "But who will hold my hand during takeoff Sunshine?"

 

Justin chuckled.   "You'll just have to be a brave boy.  After all you have flown before."

 

Brian also chuckled, gave Justin a quick kiss on the cheek and went back to his files.

 

When the line of boarding passengers stopped Justin gave Brian's knee a quick squeeze and moved to the other side of the aisle.  Before he settled into the seat between Gus & Kevin he saw the man in the middle seat of the row behind Josh & Peter stand up.  The man in the aisle seat got up to let the other man get into the aisle.

 

The man tapped Peter on the shoulder.

 

"Would you mind moving to the middle seat so I can sit on the aisle?"

 

Peter looked startled and reached to undo his seat belt.  Justin smiled at the man and quickly shook his head at Peter.

 

"I'm sorry but we purchased all the seats in these four rows.  We wanted the boys to have some room."

 

"I just don't see any reason for me to be jammed into a middle seat when it wouldn't be any problem for these boys to sit next to each other."

 

Out of the corner of his eye Justin saw Brian put down the file he was looking at and start to undo his seat belt.  Justin turned to Brian and gave his partner a look that said Justin didn't need any help.

 

"I'm sorry you feel jammed but as I said we purchased all these seats so they aren't really available for anyone else to use."

 

The flight attendant came by and asked for everyone to take their seats as the plane door had been closed.  The man tried again with her.

 

"I am just asking this young man to move over so I could sit on the aisle but this man claims they bought all the seats in these rows."

 

The flight attendant smiled

 

"Mr Taylor is correct.  They purchased all the seats in these four rows.  You need to take your assigned seat."

 

Justin sat between the little boys and buckled his seat belt.  He was content to let the flight attendant fight this battle.  The man from the third row remained in the aisle.

 

"I can't understand why someone would spend money buying four extra seats.  These boys would still have plenty of room if they sat next to each other.  I don't see any issue with me having this aisle seat."

 

The flight attendant kept her smile in place.

 

"As we've said a couple times these seats are all purchased.  You need to take your assigned seat so we can pull back from the gate."

 

The man wanted to continue the discussion, the flight attendant did not.

 

"Sir!  FAA regulations require all passengers to comply with crew member instructions.  You need to take your assigned seat or I will have to talk to the captain."

 

Several people in the area made remarks about being needlessly delayed so the man resumed his middle seat but continued to mumble about the unfairness of having to sit there.  He tried to enlist the other two passengers in his row to his viewpoint but they avoided any conversation with him.

 

Takeoff went better than Justin anticipated.  Kevin tightly held Justin's hand but Gus's commentary about how "neat" takeoff was went a long way toward keeping Kevin happy & calm.  Once they were in the air Justin got the boys set up with coloring book & crayons before heading back to his own seat. 

 

When Justin settled into his seat Brian reached over and gave his hand a quick squeeze.   Justin smiled while thinking that even all their years together Brian could still surprise him.   Justin got up a few times to distribute the healthy snacks he packed for the trip.

 

The flight landed just about when the snacks ran out and the little boys were getting bored.  Justin sat with them again for landing but there were no issues.  After collecting their luggage they met up with the van driver Brian had hired and headed to their villa at the Boardwalk Inn Resort.

 

After a quick check in they walked to their villa.  It had a large, open living, dining, and kitchen area.  There was a bedroom with bath on each side of the main room.  Upstairs was a large master bedroom & bath.  There was a big deck off the great room and a balcony off the master bedroom that over looked a lagoon.

 

One of the first floor bedrooms had twin beds and a cot had been moved into that room.  This is where John, Patrick & Joe would sleep.  The other bedroom had two queen size beds.  Peter & Josh would share one and Gus & Kevin would sleep in the other bed.

 

Everyone had just about settled into their rooms when Grandmom Jen arrived along with Debbie & Joe.  Jennifer had booked a room in the Boardwalk Inn hotel just a short walk away from the villa. 

 

Ted, Blake & Nina along with Mel, Lindsay & JR were arriving later today and staying at the Beach Club Resort another short walk away.  From any of the locations it was possible to walk to the Epcot entrance and from there transportation was available to the other parks.

 

Debbie was amused by Gus & Kevin running in from the deck screaming "Grandmom Jen!".  Jennifer squatted down to accept hugs & kisses from the little boys. Gus also gave "Grandmom Debbie" a hug but it was plain that she was in second position.  John & Peter also gave Jennifer hugs and kisses on the cheek.  Even Josh and Patrick gave her hugs.

 

The older boys all politely said help to Debbie.  She enjoyed seeing the delighted look on her friend's face as her boys were all so obviously delighted to see her.

 

Debbie was also pleased when John & Patrick welcomed Joe and took him to see the room they were sharing.  The boys decided to draw cards to see who would get the cot to sleep on.  Joe immediately said he would sleep on the cot but John & Patrick said drawing cards was the fair way to decide.

 

Justin gave John a big smile and a pat on the back as he walked by.  Debbie was delighted that the boys accepted Joe so easily.   Brian escaped the chaos on the first floor by announcing he had to check his emails and gong up to the master bedroom. 

 

Justin ordered lunch from room service.  Debbie glanced at the bill as Justin signed it and was stunned by the total.  Jennifer just shrugged and told Justin he might have to sell a few paintings to pay for lunch.  Brian came downstairs to eat and was horrified when Debbie pulled him aside and offered to help pay for lunch.

 

Justin burst out laughing at Brian's face and reminded Debbie that she was a guest.  After lunch Justin organized a walk around the resort.  The candy store with every type of candy anyone could imagine was a big hit.  Even Brian enjoyed checking out some of the unusual candy.  Grandmom Jen bought all the boys Disney T shirts.  Kevin & Gus got Mickey Mouse hats with their names on them.

 

After the long walk in the heat of Central Florida and the excitement of the day Gus & Kevin were ready for a nap.  The older boys were happy to take it easy & lounge around the villa.  Brian & Justin sat out on the deck with Debbie & Jennifer.  They called the boys out to see an alligator swimming in the lagoon.

 

They had dinner reservations at the Beach Club restaurant.  Debbie was eating there with the Ted, Blake, Mel & Lindsay and the little girls.  Brian had vetoed the idea of everyone eating together but agreed to meeting in the same restaurant.