Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here it is...the last chapter of LB. It's been wonderful and I appreciate all the support and encouragement.  I hope you like what I did with this chapter.  Hugs to you all.

banner 

Today was the day.  Justin sat at the bar drinking a cup of coffee and waiting for cookie to wake up.  It was great watching the way Brian processed things and then just dove right in to make sure everything was going like clock-work.  A smile curled his lips as he recalled the many times his boy had been on the phone with Alex, Miguel, or Emmett about some detail that needed attention or tending to.  What cookie wanted to do for the ceremony made no real difference to him, he just wanted to put the collar around his boy’s neck.  As long as that feat was accomplished, he’d go along with all the other plans…after all, he loved seeing a smile on Brian’s face.

Brian walked into the kitchen and grabbed a cup, pouring himself some coffee.  “Why didn’t you wake me?”

Justin smirked as he took a sip of his coffee before replying, “I figured you deserved a lazy morning after all the work you’ve been doing the last few days.”

“Well you didn’t seriously think I was gonna let those two queens have free reign over everything did you?  Can you imagine what would have become of us with Emmett and Miguel teaming up to do the party?  They would have put me in some pink chiffon outfit with glitter and bows!”

Justin almost spit out the last sip of his coffee and valiantly tried to keep from choking  while he laughed at the image Brian had painted in his head.  He could just see Emmett and Miguel actually trying a trick like that and laughed harder.

Brian chuckled because Justin’s laughter was contagious.  “Hey, don’t think you’d have come away scot-free either, pal.  With your blond hair and cute, boyish looks, they’d have had you in some little Mary Sunshine top with matching balloon pants.”

Justin couldn’t stop himself from laughing louder.  The image in his head shifted and changed and he could actually see himself dressed in such a manner, waiting on Brian decked out in pink chiffon, glitter, and bows.  It was too much!

Brian finally lost his control and laughed out loud, leaning against Justin’s shoulder.  When he was able to make a coherent statement, he said, “At least Alex helped.  All I can say is thank goodness one of our friends has some fashion sense.  I want his Armani suit.  Did you see it?  How did that little fucker get his hands on the new line when it hasn’t been marketed yet?”

Justin grinned at Brian.  “Maybe it has something to do with his family’s connections.”

Brian’s eyes grew wide.  “He has connections with Armani and you didn’t tell me?!  See, I knew there was a reason I liked him.”

Justin shook his head and grinned.  “So, what have you got planned for today?”

Brian wiggled his eyebrows and smirked.  “Emmett, Miguel, Alex, and I are all going shopping.  What are you and Chris doing?”

Justin gave a little shake of his head, being reminded that Jake had declined to spend the morning with him.  Not only that, Jake had declined to speak on Justin’s behalf at the ceremony, and that still hurt.  “I’m not sure.”

Seeing the quick look of pain pass over Justin’s face, Brian immediately knew he was thinking of Jake’s rejection. Brian put his arms around him and hugged him tightly.  “Miguel said that there was something Jake had to do today that was really important.   Maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt until we know what’s going on.”

Justin nodded his head and took a deep breath.  “I know.  You’re right.  Nothing is going to spoil this day.  Nothing.”

Brian sat in the little office at the back of Taylored Originals studio and waited for Miguel and Alex to come tell him it was time.  He smiled as the fingers of his right hand automatically went to his left biceps, and he absent-mindedly traced the tattoo.  He couldn’t believe how much his life had changed in less than a year.  A part of his mind was telling him he should be apprehensive, but he’d never felt so at ease with himself in his life.  Out of all the decisions he’d made, this was definitely one of the best.

Brian looked up as the door opened and Alex slipped inside.  He’d already changed and looked amazing in the crème-colored cotton drawstring pants with matching vest.  Both he and Miguel had decided to dress similarly to Brian, only adding a vest where Brian would remain shirtless, wearing only a pair of white cotton drawstring pants.  After all, according to Miguel, they should all look the part.

“How are you holding up?”

Brian grinned.  “I’m fine, just anxious to get this show on the road.”

“Well everything is set up.  They sent me to get you, and Miguel will meet us outside.”

Brian stood up, took a deep breath, and said, “Let’s get a move-on then.”  He reached down and picked up the rose, twirling it slowly as he preceded Alex out of the small office.

As soon as they exited the office, Miguel took his place at Alex’s side, a step or two behind Brian, as they walked into the main showroom of the studio.  It was beautifully and tastefully decorated.  Brian had done an amazing job of getting them to agree to what he wanted.  He’d had Justin’s painting of the thorn-encased rose blown up and hung on the wall, overlooking the area where the collaring would take place.  Candles and bouquets of roses were strategically placed throughout the room.  Miguel knew that they’d done a good job (in) following Brian’s instructions when, after seeing it for the first time, Brian had said, “It doesn’t look too prissy.”

Brian walked over to the spot where he was supposed to wait, and let his gaze meet Justin’s for the first time since leaving the apartment earlier.  Brian smiled, nodded, and was rewarded with a huge smile from his Master.

Dale Wexler, whom they’d all agreed would be the one to officiate over the ceremony, stood facing away from the painting, wearing a designer leather outfit that made Brian’s mouth water.  Justin stood in front of Dale, wearing black dress pants and a white button-down silk shirt.  Chris stood beside Justin, wearing black dress pants and a crème-colored silk shirt.  It really was a shame that Jake couldn’t make it, Brian thought; he knew how much that would have meant to Justin.

Dale cleared his throat and began. “Friends and family, we are here to witness and honor the collaring of Brian to Justin.  For those of you present who don’t live in the lifestyle: This event is a momentous occasion in the lives of these two men.  It signifies their desire to care for one another on an emotional level that far outweighs what most people understand.  I’ve been asked to read a poem called Leather Bound by France.”

Brian glared at Alex and whispered harshly under his breath, “What the hell is this?”

Alex nudged Brian’s shoulder and whispered back, “Shhh and pay attention.”

Dale began to read and Brian listened to every word.

“Your eyes, I know your mind

I know what you need, I give it lovingly

I know your desires, what you feel for me

I tremble in awe, knowing that you’re mine

I know your pleasure

I savour your beauty

The world might not understand

Our knowledge is our own

Let me hold you close, away from negativity

I am your thorn, and you, my rose

 

My pride lies within you

I am bound, awaiting you

Craving the sense of feeling

Feeling is all I know as your voice keeps me conscious

This is beyond physical

My senses don’t make sense at all

Bewildered by the power of your hand

I surrender myself to you

Hold me down

And make my world fade away

 

You are mine, I am yours

We are Leather Bound

We are complete.”

 

Brian took a deep breath as the emotions the poem invoked in him threatened to take control.  He felt Alex’s hand on his shoulder and heard his friend whispering, “Take it easy, big guy.”

 

Dale asked, “Who is here to speak for Justin?”

 

Chris stepped forward, cleared his throat, and started his speech.  “I’ve known Justin Taylor for a little over six years.  He’s always proven himself to be honest and trustworthy, not only in business, but in his dealings with people as well.  I’ve watched him grow from a submissive into a very caring Dominant.  I have no doubt that he’s emotionally and mentally ready to take on the commitment of a sub.”

 

Dale nodded and asked, “Who is here to speak for Brian?”

 

At that moment, a loud crash was heard and Jake walked in, still buttoning up his crème-colored silk shirt.  “I am.”

 

Brian sucked in a breath, wondering what was going on, as Miguel walked over to stand with Jake.  It didn’t escape his notice that Miguel put his hand on the small of Jake’s back as the man started talking. “While I’ve known Justin a lot longer than I’ve known Brian, I felt that I should be the one to speak on Brian’s behalf.”

 

Jake looked over at Brian and smiled.   "And I admit at first, I wasn't exactly happy to learn that Justin was taking Brian on as a sub.  I just didn't think Brian was good enough.  I realize that a lot people think I still have feelings for Justin, and I do, but not the kind of feelings one lover has for another.  It's more of a paternal feeling than anything else.  Regardless of my initial feelings, I've watched and noted the many changes in Justin since he's been with Brian, and every one of the them has been one of development and growth."

 

Jake walked over to where Brian was standing.  "I apologize for any problems I've caused you.  I know you are more than capable of taking care of Justin...much better than I ever could.  However, I must warn you.  This sort of makes me your father-in-law.”

 

Jake winked at Brian and offered his hand.  "Welcome to the family, son.”

 

Brian met Jake’s gaze and took the proffered hand, giving it a firm shake.  He grinned, leaned forward and whispered, “Thanks a lot, Dad.  You old coot.”

 

Jake threw his head back and roared with laughter for a moment before calming down long enough to grumble, “Ah my young pup, you will pay for that comment.”

 

Justin’s smile couldn’t get any wider as he watched Jake and Brian walking towards him.  He’d feared that they would never be able to see eye-to-eye, and that had bothered him more than he’d let on.  He was just happy to see that the two most important men in his life had made peace and seemed to actually be getting along.

 

Brian followed Jake, keeping his head bowed.  When he heard Jake say, “I wish you both many years of happiness,” he immediately knelt in front of Justin, crossing his wrists behind his back carefully so as not to harm the rose.  His back was straight, his head was bent, and his knees were spread.

 

Dale asked, “Brian do you have anything you wish to say?”

 

Brian lifted his head slowly and looked up into Justin’s eyes.  He carefully brought the rose around and cradled it in his palm for a moment.  “You once told me how the rose depended on the thorns for protection.”  He slowly began to strip the thorns from the rose’s stem.  “How most people saw the thorns as being something bad, when in reality they were only doing their job of protecting the rose.”  He finished pulling the last of the thorns from the stem, held it laid across both palms, and lifted his hands up in an offering. “So, I'm giving you this rose completely devoid of any thorns of it's own, to represent the fact that I'm willing to offer myself to you, seeking your care and protection.”

 

Justin took the rose from Brian’s hands and began to wind a strand of thorns around the flower very slowly.  “I’m encasing the rose in thorns to show my acceptance of your offer.”  Then, he placed the rose into a clear crystal dish, closing the lid before picking up the collar, showing it to everyone, and looking down into Brian’s eyes, smiling brightly.  “I promise to dedicate my life to keeping you safe from all harm.  I'll make sure your happiness is always my most important goal.  I offer you this collar as my solemn vow to never forget what matters most to me: You.  Will you accept it and wear it with honor and pride?” 

 

Brian swallowed hard, looked into blue eyes filled with hope, took a deep breath, and answered, “I will, Master.”

 

Justin slowly wrapped the exquisite collar he’d had designed around Brian’s neck, letting his fingers slide over the intricate and slightly cool metal surface for a moment before using the key to fasten both halves of the collar together. 

 

Brian felt the cool metal touch his overheated skin and shivered, not so much from the cold, but from the emotions that were coursing through his body.  He licked his lips and tried to calm his racing heart.  It was official.  He was wearing his Master’s collar.  His heart seemed to swell and he had to look into Justin’s eyes to make sure this was real and not some fantasy.

 

After securing the collar, Justin handed the key to Brian and held out his left wrist, wrapping the matching bracelet around it so Brian could lock it into place. “I offer you another gift.  I ask that you lock this bracelet on my wrist, so that I will have a visible symbol of our union.”

 

“Thank you, Master.” With slightly shaking fingers, Brian locked the bracelet, stood and slipped the platinum chain that held the key over Justin's head, watching at it settled into place. 

 

Brian reached out and, putting a hand over the key, felt his Master’s heartbeat beneath his palm.  This was what he’d been waiting to feel for his entire life.  This man gave him the one thing that had always eluded him.  He’d finally found a home.

 

The End of Leather Bound to be continued in Collar Bound.