Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you guys enjoy this one.  We are getting close to the end, so hopefully you'll all think the ride was worth it.

banner 

Alex had insisted that everyone meet at WebDom so they could all arrive at the gallery together.  He also insisted that they arrive half an hour after the show started so he could make the grand entrance.

Brian looked at his Master and silently acknowledged how devastatingly handsome the man looked in his designer tux.  He wasn’t looking forward to seeing Jake tonight, but he planned on making the best of the evening for Alex’s sake.  He had to admit that he liked the guy, even if the artist’s hair was a bit long for his taste. Never mind the fact that the little guy got on his last nerve most of the time.  He smiled at his blond, wrapping his arms loosely around Justin’s waist.  “I have to admit, Alex has style.”

Justin grinned at his boy in the mirror.  “You just like the fact that he’s got a limo to take us to the show.”

Brian smirked and raised an eyebrow.  “Well, there’s that, and the fact that he knows how to make an entrance.”

Justin turned around laughing softly and patted Brian on the cheek.  “You just like it because someone else likes to be fashionably late.”

“Like I said, the man has style.”

Four very elegantly dressed and devastatingly handsome men entered the elevator and headed down to the WebDom offices to wait on the last two members of their party to arrive.

Brian noticed that Alex looked a bit uptight and nervous.  “Hey, Alex, what’s it going to feel like when all those people can’t take their eyes off me long enough to look at your art?”

That seemed to bring the blond out of his silent musings.  “Give me a break, Brian.  First of all, I’m so much more attractive than you are, and second, my art overshadows all.”

“Is that a fact, short stuff?”

Alex grinned, wiggled his ass running his hands down his sides and cocked his head to the left in a very sultry pose.  “Short, hot, and fully loaded, big guy.”

Brian couldn’t help it.  He laughed out loud and gave Alex a little shove on the shoulder.  “I keep forgetting how full of yourself you are.”

“You’re just jealous because I’m all that, and you’re just a brat.”

Christian sighed very audibly and looked over at Justin.  “How did you put up with these two for two whole days?”

Justin shrugged his shoulders, gave a pretend groan as they all stepped off the elevator and into the WebDom offices, and said, “I kept thinking they’d grow out of it or something, but it seems they enjoy cutting one another down, so who am I to take away their fun?”

Christian smirked at Justin and gave Alex a nudge.  “Well, I’ll take away someone’s candy if he gives me a headache.”

Alex’s eyes grew round and a shocked expression immediately appeared on his face.  He gave a little shake of his head and whispered, “No, Master, not my candy.  I’ll be good.  I promise.”

Brian wondered if they were speaking in some kind of code because the look on Alex’s face clearly revealed he was scared his Master was going to do something horrible.  It could be a way for Christian to warn Alex that he wouldn’t allow him to have an orgasm…candy must mean orgasm.  “Ah ha!  So, your Master is gonna make you suffer and won’t let you come, huh?”

Alex looked at Brian as if the man had lost his mind.  “No, he’s gonna take away my candy.  You heard him.  He’s not kidding either, so you better not aggravate me tonight and cause me to lose my candy.”

Brian looked confused.  “Candy?  What does that mean?”

Alex blinked and wondered if Brian had somehow lost his ability to understand the English language.  “Candy!  You know…sweets.  I love those little cinnamon disks and I can’t make it through a day without some.”

Brian shook his head because he couldn’t be hearing this right.  “Actual candy?!  He punishes you by taking away actual candy?!”

Alex heard the shock and dismay in Brian’s voice and mistook it to mean the other man sympathized with him.  “I know!  It’s horrible!  I mean give me a beating any day, but don’t take away my candy!”

Brian groaned, “I get punished by not being allowed to have an orgasm, and all you get is your candy taken away!”

“What do you mean, all I get is my candy taken away?!  Do you have any idea how serious a punishment that is?!”

Brian turned and gave a glaring look at his Master.  “Why don’t you just take away my candy as a punishment?”

Justin grinned and winked at his boy.  “I do.”

Jake and Miguel entered the offices and looked at the four men waiting for them.  Miguel, in his normal fashion, gave a squeal of delight and walked over to Alex and Brian, giving each man a warm hug.  “Don’t you two look just marvelous…notice I didn’t say fabulous.”

Brian chuckled and surprised even himself by returning the flamboyant blond’s hug.  “Well, I’m happy to see that I’m rubbing off on you a bit, Miguel.  I was afraid you’d show up here in some god awful purple tux or something.”

Miguel glared at Brian and gave him a smack on the shoulder.  “Let me tell you something, Mr. Long and Lean,  I would look absolutely fabulous in a lavender tuxedo.  After all, I’m the only one with enough fashion sense to pull it off.”

Jake walked over and shook Christian’s hand as their boys seemed to be having a little chat.  “Long time, no see."

Christian shook Jake’s hand and smiled. “Yeah, I’ve been pretty busy lately, but it’s good to see you again. From what I can tell, you seem to be doing pretty good for yourself."

“Can’t complain.  How’s the wonderful world of eye care treating you?”

Christian shrugged and said, “I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

Justin groaned, “You are still using that same lame line.”

Jake laughed and shook his head.  “See, even Sunshine knows that’s a lame line.”

Christian gasped very audibly and looked between his two old friends.  He couldn’t believe that Jake was still calling Justin by his sub name, and he definitely didn’t like the veiled insult in the man’s last comment.  He didn’t understand why Justin wasn’t defending himself, but he wasn’t about to stand by and let this go on in his presence.  “Jake, I don’t appreciate you insulting my friend in that manner, and I think it’s high time you stopped referring to Justin by his sub name…especially in front of his own sub.”

Jake visibly bristled and stared at his long time friend.  “I didn’t insult, Sunshine, and it’s no longer his sub name…just a nickname.”

Christian met Jake’s eyes with a steely glare.  “You did insult him, and it’s an inappropriate nickname given the circumstances.”

Brian couldn’t help overhearing the conversation and was silently thanking Christian.  It was high time someone else agreed with him on that account.

Jake looked at Justin and asked, “Does it bother you that I call you, Sunshine?”

Justin seemed to fidget a bit transported back in time to when Jake, acting as his Master, would question him.  “I never thought much about it.”

Christian seemed to explode.  “That’s utter bullshit.  As a matter of fact, both of you are full of it!”  He turned and looked at Justin.  “You are no longer his sub.  You have a boy of your own to deal with, and you don’t need Jake’s bullshit making you feel unsure of yourself.”  Then he addressed Jake.  “You, with all your talk of etiquette, should know better.  How is Justin supposed to ever learn to stand on his own as long as you keep him chained into a sub role?”

Miguel briefly closed his eyes and took a cleansing breath.  He knew what he was about to do was going to anger his Master, but he couldn’t stand around and let anyone attack Jake when they didn’t have all the facts and they certainly didn’t know the man’s motives.  He also knew his Master wouldn’t defend himself and he didn’t want to see Alex’s night ruined.  He gave Alex’s shoulder a light pat, tilted his head to the side, plastered on his best smile, and walked over to the group of men taking Christian on.  “I don’t think you have any right to question my Master or his motives when you have no clue what’s behind either.  He would never insult Justin and he’s only trying to help him, not hinder him.”

Jake actually growled. “mouse!  You will remain silent!”

Miguel looked up at the man he’d been serving for over two years and knew he was going to be in for a hard time once they got home.  “I serve and obey you gladly, Master, but I will not stand idly by while you allow people to tear you down simply because you feel that you don’t have to explain yourself.”

“What you will do, is exactly what I tell you to do.”

Miguel met his Master’s angry stare and gave a brief nod of his head before dropping his eyes.  “Yes, Master.”

Justin put his hand on Jake’s arm and looked at Christian.  “This is Alex’s night and we are not going to ruin this for him.”  He looked at Jake.  “I know the name doesn’t mean the same as it did when I served you, but Christian is right…it’s time to stop using it.”  Then he turned and looked at Christian.  “Jake meant no insult by what he said, although I can understand how you’d see it as one.  I think we all seemed to fall into this habit before I met Brian, but it’s time that changed.”

Brian felt something in him see to snap and come alive.  Finally!  His Master was finally standing up to Jake.

Jake looked at Justin and gave a shrug of his shoulders.  “Whatever you want, Sun…Justin.”

Christian winked at Justin and grinned at Jake.  “Well, now, it seems that we have a show to go to.  After all, you guys can’t miss out on the brilliance of my halfling.”

Christian, Justin, Alex, and Brian all walked out toward the waiting limo.  Jake noticed that Miguel had remained standing with his head down.  As soon as Jake was sure no one else was in the room with them, he leaned over and whispered into Miguel’s ear, “You do realize that I’m going to punish you severely for what you just did, don’t you?”

Miguel swallowed hard, gave a sharp nod of his head, and whispered, “Yes, Master.”

Jake ran his hand gently down his boy’s cheek and tilted his face up so their eyes met.  “Good.  I’m glad you know that I won’t let that little show of disobedience go unpunished, but I want you to know, I appreciate you trying to defend me…even if I don’t need you to do it.”

Miguel gave his Master a huge smile.  “I’ll always defend you, Master, simply because you never do.  If that means I have to suffer a punishment, then so be it.”

Jake looked into the blue eyes of his boy and felt his heart jerk the way it always did when he gazed into Miguel’s trusting face.  “I think I’d die inside if you ever stopped defending me, little mouse.  Now, come on.  Let’s go look at some glass.”

Miguel reached up and gave his Master a soft kiss.  “I’ll follow your lead, Master.”

They joined the other four in the limo and headed toward the gallery.  As soon as they arrived, Alex was the first one out pulling Christian along.  Brian and Justin followed closely behind and Jake and Miguel were the last to exit the limo.  They all entered the gallery at the same time and it caused quite a stir.  Most of the patrons were openly ogling the six extremely handsome men.

Alex seemed oblivious to the stares as he grabbed the program off the little table and waved it at Christian.  “They got them printed in time!  I’m so happy.”

Christian took the program and looked at the cover grinning at his boy affectionately.  “I see you finally decided on the Tree of Light.”

Brian picked up a program and looked as he listened to the men chatting.  He was indeed impressed by the program, even more so when he heard that Alex had designed it himself.  It seemed that the little blond was more talented than he originally assumed.  “Nice job on the program.  Of course, if you ask me, I think you should have shown more skin.”

Alex grinned.  “Well, I started to just use a picture of my cock but I didn't want to frightened people away.”

Brian chuckled softly, “Nah man, you don't have anything to worry about.  Something that tiny won't scare anyone around here…they're used to me.”

Christian groaned, “Not again.”

Justin rolled his eyes and said, “Every fucking second of every day.”

Christian sighed, “I had such hopes of them becoming close friends.”

Alex gave Chris a hug.  "Hey, Master, I really like the big guy even if he is going senile in his old age."

Brian choked on the drink he’d taken from one of the waiters.  "Hey squirt, you will so pay for that remark.  You just be glad that I promised Master to behave and not ruin your big night."

Alex turned around and wrapped his arms around Brian's neck jumping up and wrapping his legs around Brian's waist.  "I know you love me, big guy."

Brian pushed hard against the Alex’s chest trying to dislodge the blond before they made any more of a spectacle of themselves.  "Get the fuck off me!  You are wrinkling my Armani suit!"

Everyone burst out laughing and continued to joke as they walked through the gallery looking at Alex’s work.