Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

banner 

Alex Glaser, glass artist extraordinaire, well that’s how all the press releases coined him anyway, gave the cabbie the address that Chris had given him and settled himself into the back seat.  He wasn’t quite sure exactly what he was feeling…anxious and a bit trepidatious.  He always got this way before a showing for some reason.  To add to everything that was already going on, his Master had made plans for him to stay with Justin and his new boy.  He really didn’t need the added anxiety of meeting someone new.

As soon as the cabbie pulled up in front of a very stylish building, Alex exited the cab and paid the driver. He collected his bag and walked toward the parking lot entrance.  His instructions were made crystal clear by Chris, he was to go through the parking area to the elevator, press the intercom, and announce his arrival.  Alex rolled his eyes as he remembered Chris’ voice. “Be on your best behavior.”

Alex pressed the button and waited.  Finally, a gruff voice almost growled, “Yeah!”

“It’s Alex Glaser; I believe you’re expecting me.”  He heard a very distinctive grumble of, “Fuck,” before he heard the buzzer announcing the arrival of the elevator.  Well, obviously he was wanted here.  He entered the elevator and pressed the top button, still hearing Chris’ voice in his head.  “Yeah, yeah.  I’ll be good damnit.”

When the elevator opened, the first thing Alex saw was Justin smiling brightly, and a tall, extremely sexy man standing slightly behind with a look of utter disdain plastered on his face.  Alex raised an eyebrow and thought, “Yeah, I know how you feel buddy…not exactly thrilled to be here myself.”

“Hey, Alex, how was the trip?”

Alex walked into the beautifully decorated loft apartment, sat his bag down, and smiled at the blond.  “Same as always…long and boring.  How are you, Master Web?”

Justin laughed.  “It’s not a long trip, and I’m doing fine, but feel free to call me Justin.  Come on in and make yourself at home. Let me take your coat.”

Alex handed his coat over and noticed that the tall sex God hadn’t moved or made any indication that he was going to in the near future, so he walked over and stuck out his hand. In his most cultured voice stated, “Alex Glaser, and you are?”

Brian had been watching the man every since the elevator doors opened and wondered if he were in some fucking blond universe.  Why was it that every single one of Master’s friends had cute little blond boys as subs?  He let his eyes roam over this new guy’s body, arched his eyebrow, pushed his tongue into his cheek, took the offered hand in a very firm grip, and stated just as clearly, “Brian Kinney, and I belong here.”

Justin's head whipped around and he growled warningly, "cookie!  You will apologize this instant."

Brian’s head dropped at the same time as he released the blond’s hand.  “I didn’t mean any offense.”

Alex could tell how hard it was for Brian to utter the words and wondered exactly what his Master had gotten him into.  He had promised to be good, so he bit back his snarky reply and said as sweetly as possible, “No offense taken.”  He couldn’t stop the little smile from playing about his lips as he continued, “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”  He paused for a second, grinned widely, and added just the smallest amount of amused mockery to his voice, “cookie.”

Alex’s tone of voice when saying cookie’s name didn’t go unnoticed by either Brian or Justin, but it was Justin who decided to put a stop to this little game of one-up-man ship.  “Well, it’s a pleasure to have you here.”  Justin paused just as Alex had before continuing, “halfling.”  

Brian’s eyebrow shot almost to the ceiling and he didn’t even try to keep the smile off his face as he gave Alex a look that clearly stated…halfling, huh?

Alex’s eyes dropped to the floor and he mumbled, “Sorry, Master Web.”

“I won’t have you boys snarking at each other.  You will both act respectfully towards one another, is that understood?”

Alex answered, “Yes, Master Web,” followed by Brian’s, “Yes, Master.”

“Good now that that’s understood, cookie, show halfling to the playroom and help him get settled while I finish our dinner.”

Brian nodded his head and jerked his head in the direction of the playroom before turning and walking away leaving the new guy to follow him or not.

Alex picked up his bag and followed Brian, taking in the great ass on the man and wondering if he was going to be able to survive these next two days until his Master arrived.  He mumbled softly under his breath, “I’ll be good, I’ll be good, I’ll be good…even if it fucking kills me.”

Despite the rocky start, they all had a very enjoyable dinner, and after cleaning up retired to their perspective rooms.  Alex immediately called Chris.  “Hello Master.”

Chris grinned at hearing the familiar voice on the phone.  “How’s it going, halfling?”

Alex smiled at the humor in his Master’s voice and couldn’t stop the laugh that escaped.  “Wait until you see Master Web’s boy…he’s sexy, he’s hot, and he’s pretty much an asshole.”

Chris chuckled. “Hmmm, why does that description remind me of a hot little blond glass blower?”

Alex laughed along with his Master.  “You just love to emphasize the blower part, don’t you?”

“Well it is one of your many talents that I’m most proud of, halfling.”

Half an hour and two orgasms later, Alex gasped, “I really miss you, Master.”

Chris’ voice sounded just as breathless as he replied, “It’s only two days, halfling.  Now, get some sleep.”

Alex heard the click as Chris disconnected the call, and crawled into the strange lonely bed. He closed his eyes and pictured his Master climbing into their bed at home.  Saturday couldn’t get here fast enough for his liking.

The next day, after spending all morning working on seperate projects, Justin suggested,  “Hey, Brian, why don’t you show Alex the diner since this is his first visit to the Pitts.”

 

Brian shrugged his shoulders. “Sure, why not.  Let me call Miguel and see if he wants to join us.”  He pulled out his cell and pressed the button that would connect him to his new friend.

 

Justin grinned happy that Brian seemed to get along so well with Miguel.  “That’s a great idea.  You’ll really like Miguel when you get to know him, Alex.“

 

Brian disconnected the call and said, “Miguel will meet us at the diner.“  He grabbed his coat, pocketed his car keys, and kissed Justin on the lips, before heading for the elevator.

 

Alex winked at Justin and followed Brian into the elevator.  As soon as the doors closed, he looked up at the tall man.  “Sorry about putting you out like this man.  I know I’m cramping your style, but I bet Master was on the phone calling Justin before I ever left the building.”

 

Brian arched his eyebrow.  “Well, I don't think I'd like someone checking up on me all the time and calling other people about me.”

 

“Oh man, you are in for such a treat.“

 

Brian tilted his head to the side and asked, “Huh?”

 

Alex grinned up at his companion.  “Listen man, Doms are rare and sometimes weird creatures.  They are all different and they all think differently, but the one thing that runs true for all Doms is their need to protect their subs and take care of them.”

 

Brian scoffed and snarked, “I am fully capable of taking care of myself.”

 

It was Alex’s turn, so he raised his eyebrow and asked, “Are you implying I can't take care of myself?“

 

Brian looked at the blond and said, “Well, why do you put up with it?”

 

Alex smiled brightly.  “Put up with what?  Put up with the fact that I have someone in my life who cares that I'm always safe.  Put up with the fact that I have someone who cares enough about me to take charge and make sure that I take care of myself.  I don't put up with it...I welcome it.”

 

“It just seems to me like he's treating you like a child.”

 

Alex narrowed his eyes and grinned.   “So, tell me Justin doesn't call you during the day.  He doesn't ask if you've eaten or if you're tired or if you've had a bad day.”

 

Brian shrugged his shoulders and nodded.  “Yeah, he's done that.”

 

“There you go, he's treating you like a baby, whatcha gonna do about it?“

 

Brian glared at the othe man.  “He is not treating me like a baby!  He's just making sure I'm okay!“

 

Alex laughed, “Man you got it bad, huh?  I see you are just as quick to defend him as he is to defend you...are you treating him like a baby?“

 

 Brian huffed. “Okay, I get the point.“

 

“Finally, I was beginning to think you were a little dense there pal.“

 

Brian pushed his tongue firmly into his cheek.  “You have a big mouth for such a little guy.“

 

Alex turned around slightly and wiggled his ass.  “Yep, and I have a great ass to go with that big mouth.“

 

“You sure do think a lot of yourself.“ 

 

Alex gave Brian’s shoulder a gentle punch.  “Of course I think a lot of myself.  Master makes sure I think that way.  Hell, I'd say I'm about as fucking perfect as anyone can be.  Great ass, nice eyes, killer bod, and I‘m a fucking awesome sub.  Don't you think the same way?”

 

Brian looked at the other man for a second thinking about how he felt whenever he was around Justin.  His lips curve into a smile.  “I hate to be the one to tell you this pal, but according to my Master, I'm the best sub around and let's face it...you're cute and all, but I'm fucking gorgeous, and you only wish you could be me.”

 

Alex doubled over laughing and was finally able to gasp, “Now who thinks a lot of himself there big guy?”

 

They left the elevator and headed for Brian’s car.  As they were climbing in,  Alex asked, “So, what do you think of Miguel?“

 

Brian started the car and rolled his shoulders slightly.  “He's a nice guy...a bit fruity for me sometimes, but still a nice guy.“

 

“Fruity?  Did you just use the word fruity to describe a guy?”

 

“Well how else am I supposed to say he's a bit of a queen, but then he's not...he's outrageous, but dead ass serious at the same time...he's talented and doesn't know it or he never rubs your face in it?  Yeah, I'd call him fruity as a fruit salad,” Brian deadpanned.

 

“I've only met him once, and he seemed an okay sort.“ Alex reacheed out to change the radio station, but his wrist was gripped by a strong hand, and Brian shook his head slightly.

 

“No one messes with my radio.“  Brian winked at Alex before continuing, “Miguel‘s been a good person to have around.  He's helped me a lot.“

 

“Hell man, that's what we do.  We help one another.  I mean it's damn hard work taking care of a Dom and keeping him happy.  We have to have someone to talk to.“ 

 

Brian looked at the younger man, amazed that he’d talk so cavalierly about his Dom and their relationship.

 

Alex saw the expression on Brian’s face, and rolled his eyes before  saying, “Come on.  Loosen up a bit here.  I didn't mean anything bad.  I just meant that Doms concentrate so hard on thier subs that sometimes they don't take time out to think of themselves...that's our job.  Just like the Dom builds us up...well we have to do the same for them.  People think Doms are these egocentric, unfeeling brutes. They have no fucking clue about either them, or the role we play in all of it."

 

“What do you mean build them up?“

 

“I mean, that they are human.  They need to know how much we appreciate what they do.  You can't expect your Dom to read your mind.  It's our job to make sure they know that in our eyes...they are the biggest, the baddest and the most macho man alive.

 

Brian and Alex entered the diner and immediately found a table in the back.  They sat down, and a few minutes later, Miguel waltzed in and made his way over to the table. He struck a very vogue pose.  “Let the party begin.  The Queen has arrived.“

 

Brian laughed, “Sit the fuck down, Miguel.  I have a reputation here.  I can't be seen with a flambouyant Queen!“

 

Miguel batted his eyelashes and looked at Brian giving his impression of doe eyes. “Darling, your stats went up a million points the second you were seen with my fine self.“

 

Deb walked up and looked Miguel and Alex over before asking Brian, “What‘s with this sudden urge to hang with cute little blonds?“

 

Brian bit his lip and snarked, “Well Deb, I tried one and it's like fucking potato chips, I couldn't stop with just one.”

 

All three men gave Deb their orders, and as soon as she left, Alex piped up and said, “You’ll never guess what I found in my luggage?”

 

Brian shook his head and grinned.  “I hope like hell you found whatever you put in there.“

 

“Of course I did big guy, but I found a little present Master put in there for me.“

 

Miguel rubbed his hands together and gushed, “Ooooh, what was it?”

 

Alex laughed at Miguel’s antics before saying in a conspirital tone, “Six new pairs of wool socks.”

 

“Oh wow, your Master is such a big spender there.“  Brian shuddered thinking of the ugly wool socks.

 

 Alex nudged Brian with his elbow.  “It has nothing to do with that.  My feet get cold so he expects me to wear the socks.”

 

Miguel’s face took on this dreamy expression.  “Ohhhh Master is taking care of his little subbie.”  All three men looked at one another before bursting out laughing.

 

Alex waved his hands in the air trying to calm the other two men down.  “I used to get so pissed at him when he'd ask if I was wearing socks.  Then, he'd ask are the windows closed and locked?  Is the heat on?  I'd tell him yes, and he'd go behind me checking every door, window and the heater!“

 

Miguel laughed again.  “But of course sugar...everyone knows we can't take care of ourselves.”

 

Brian grouched, “Speak for yourself girly boy.“

 

Miguel glared at Brian.  “Listen Long, Lean, and Hunky.  I don't put up with anyone calling me a girly boy...not even guys as sexy as you.  Besides, our Doms have to take care of us...it's their job.  Just like it's our job to take care of them...even if they won't admit to needing our help.“

 

Alex shrugged his shoulders.  “It makes him happy.  As weird as it sounds, it makes him happy to check the windows and the heater, and he just grins at me when I tell him I'm wearing my socks.”

 

“He's taking care of you, so of course he's happy,“ Miguel stated in a no-nonsense voice.

 

Brian listened to the other two guys talking and finally said, “There sure are a lot of things going on behind the scenes.”

 

“There is in any relationship.“  Miguel gave Brian’s shoulder a friendly squeeze. “Besides, we have each other to bitch at and discuss the strange behavior of our Doms.  It’s what keeps us all sane.”

 

The bell over the door jangled and Brian looked up to see Michael making a beeline for their table.  He took a deep breath and hoped Mikey wouldn’t make a scene.

 

“Brian, why are you eating with two little blond twinks?”

 

“They aren't twinks, Mikey. They're friends of mine.  Justin introduced us.”

 

Mikey's eyes grew wide.  “Brian, are you associating with a bunch of wussy boys in public?”

 

Miguel stood up, glared at Michael, and said, “Listen, you vile little man, this wussy sub will kick your ass all over Liberty Avenue.” He looked at Alex and asked, “Isn't that right, Alex?”

 

Alex smiled sweely up at Michael before looking at Miguel.  “Hell, he couldn't handle you Miguel...you don't need any back up in this case, but if little Mikey here grows up any, I got your back.”

 

Brian felt like he was being ripped apart inside.  Why did things always seem to go wrong just when he was having a good time.  “Mikey, just leave.”

 

Michael gave Brian a very shocked look and whined, “You’re chosing to stay with ‘them‘ rather than spending time with your best friend?”

 

“You mean my best friend who makes fun of the way I chose to live my life, or my best friend who doesn't want me to be happy simply because I chose to live differently from him, or my best friend who just wants me to fuck him and no one else...which best friend Mikey?”

 

Alex was impressed with the way Brian was handling the annoying little man.  “Ouch, that had to hurt Mikey...do you really wanna fuck the big guy here?”

 

Michael glared at Alex.  “Who the fuck are you?“

 

Alex fluttered his eyelashes and leaned forward to whisper,  “Oh I'm the guy that's gonna be sleeping next to the big guy here tonight.  Who would have ever thought our Masters would be so fucking kinky?”

 

Michael gaped looking at Brian and the two blonds like they were something out of some horror movie before storming out of the diner.

 

Brian turned to look at Alex.  “What the fuck did you say that for?“

 

Alex rolled shoulders and answered, “Listen man, some people are going to believe whatever the hell they want to believe.  Some will never understand our lifestyle and I, for one, just got fucking tired of explaining myself.  It’s easier to let them think what they want...makes them go away quicker.”