Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

Brian paid for his tall Starbucks latte and stepped out. It was Friday and he had the whole weekend free. There were so many possibilities and Brian thought at some point he had to include his little husband in a plan or two. The opportunity rose sooner than later when he stepped outside and saw Alex walking down the sidewalk towards him.

 

“Well, if it isn’t Mr. Taylor wannabe,” Brian smirked, using the last name Justin had been born with.

 

Alex looked at Brian and he seemed really annoyed. “What do you want?” he grunted.

 

“Nothing. I’m just enjoying the day. The weather is so nice, don’t you think?” Brian looked as Alex walked by him and started walking next to him just to annoy the man. It would make the start of his weekend so much better.

 

“I’m on my way to see Justin, so would you mind,” Alex stopped and turned towards Brian.

 

“Justin? And how has our little lad been lately? Haven’t seen him in a couple of days,” Brian put on his best thinking face.

 

“Still wants to divorce you,” Alex seemed a little smug after he said that comment.

 

Brian twisted his mouth and seemed to be thinking about it. Then he shook his head. “See, I’m not so sure about that,” he held his cup of latte in his hand and pointed at Alex with one of his fingers. “The other day I caught him staring at me like he wanted to make out with me. I don’t think that’s something someone would do if they wanted a divorce.”

 

“If you thought that, you don’t know Justin at all,” Alex turned and started to walk again but then he saw Justin walking towards them. “I thought I was supposed to meet you at… What have you done?” he suddenly gasped as he really looked at the man. The blond man.

 

Brian’s jaw dropped. He watched this new blond Justin and couldn’t help thinking how beautiful he looked with blond hair. He took a step forward and started to walk around Justin, looking at him from different angles. “You look hot,” Brian said quietly, wedging himself between Alex and Justin and staring at the shorter man.

 

“Excuse me?” Alex rounded Brian. Brian could hear from his voice how offended he was right now.

 

Brian just looked at him briefly with his other brow raised and then looked at Justin again. He raised his hand to push a lock of blond hair behind his ear. It didn’t really stay there because it was too short but Brian got a good excuse to touch him.

 

Justin looked shy. He looked at Brian but glanced at Alex a couple of timed. “You really think so?”

 

Brian nodded. “I wouldn’t lie to you. You’re my husband,” he gave him a genuine smile.  

 

“Well, I don’t like it. Justin, why did you dye your hair? You know how much I liked it brown,” Alex complained and placed a hand on Brian’s chest pushing him away from Justin. He didn’t want this man standing only a couple of inches from his boyfriend. Brian took a step back but kept smiling at Justin.

 

“I wanted it. I missed my blond hair and I don’t want to wait for it to grow back,” Justin brushed his hair out of his eyes as he looked at Alex.

 

Alex shook his head. “I don’t like it. Let me call someone and get it fixed. We might have to wait for a couple of weeks but don’t worry.”

 

Brian was surprised to see the man pull out his phone and start dialing. “What the fuck are you doing?”

 

“I’m fixing his mess, what do think?” he glared at Brian and then turned back to his phone.

 

“Alex,” Justin begged. “No,” he tried but Alex just waived his arm to shush him.

 

Brian huffed a sarcastic laugh. He looked around not believing what he was witnessing. Was he really supposed to let this man marry Justin? Did Justin really want to marry this guy? Then Brian looked back at Alex who put the phone against his ear. Justin seemed really upset by Alex’s reaction. Brian squinted his eyes at the man and then suddenly grabbed the phone, yanking it out of Alex’s hand. Then he threw the phone away as hard as he could.

 

Alex stared at him surprised and a little bit in horror. His eyes were huge and his mouth was wide open. Justin looked as surprised as Alex did.

 

“Here, let me close that for you,” Brian put his fingers on Alex’s jaw and pushed up.

 

“That was my phone!” Alex yelled angrily, first roughly pushing Brian’s hand away and then pointing at the direction the man had thrown the phone.

 

“Not anymore,” Brian smirked.

 

Alex grunted and walked away to the direction Brian had thrown the phone. When the man was far enough he saw him crouch down to pick up the phone that was no doubt smashed to pieces.

 

Brian turned to watch Justin who by the look on his face had mixed feelings. “Don’t listen to him. You look so much better with blond hair,” he said.

 

Justin bit his lip but smiled. “Thanks.”

 

“I got to go. I’m going to Babylon tonight. Have to start getting ready if I want to be there on time,” Brian grinned a little and sipped his latte.

 

Justin smiled and glanced behind him to see where Alex was and saw him standing and cursing at the broken phone. “Have fun then,” he turned back to Brian.

 

“You should stop by,” Brian suggested.

 

“I don’t know. He’s probably going to be mad at me for some time and won’t let me go,” Justin smiled awkwardly a little.

 

“Do what you want. Not what he tells you to,” Brian sipped his coffee again. “But I really got to go now. It was good to see you,” he nodded at the blond, turned around and walked away.

 

*

 

Alex sighed very loudly as he grabbed the cheapest phone from the store and headed to the checkout counter. Justin tried to keep up with him and took hurried steps.

 

“He’s lucky if the SIM card still works,” Alex grunted and slammed the small box on the counter before paying for it.

 

“Just let me talk to him. I’m sure he’s just upset about something that happened to him. It’s not you…” Justin tried saying for the tenth time.

 

“No, it’s not me. It’s you,” Alex said angrily without looking at his boyfriend. “You had to go and dye your hair. Why the hell did you have to do that? You look disgusting.”

 

Justin squeezed his eyes shut and forced himself to think this had nothing to do with his hair color as they walked out of the shop. Alex was just upset about his phone. “It’s just hair, Alex.”

 

“I’ve told you, blonds turn me off,” Alex opened the box with force and threw it away, not caring if he was leaving scrap behind.

 

“Well I am one, whether you liked it or not,” Justin pointed out. “A hair dye is not going to change that.”

 

“Your hair color was perfect before. I could live with that,” Alex stopped and put his old SIM card in the phone. Then he turned it on seeing that it only had a little battery. “Great, six new messages and no battery.”

 

“You can use my phone and call them back,” Justin offered but it didn’t seem to please Alex.

 

“Well you probably threw away the phone I bought you as a birthday present and bought something that Brian liked,” Alex noticed a café nearby and decided to go and see if he could charge the battery there.

 

“Alex, you can’t do this,” Justin said with clear desperation.

 

“Your job was very clear. Get a divorce. That’s it. Look where we are now?” Alex stopped and turned to look.

 

Justin sighed and looked away for a moment. “He gave me conditions.”

 

“Conditions?” Alex echoed.

 

“I have to ask him three times and he will sign the papers,” Justin explained.

 

“Any why haven’t you asked him yet if that was all you needed to do,” Alex asked looking at the blond.

 

But Justin didn’t really have an answer to that. “It’s not that simple.”

 

“No? Will you sign the divorce papers? Will you sign the divorce papers? Will you sign the divorce papers? See, even I could do that,” Alex pointed at himself.

 

“You don’t understand,” Justin said impatiently.

 

“Then tell me. Tell me what I don’t understand,” Alex threw his hands in the air and looked expectantly at his boyfriend.

 

But Justin didn’t know how to tell. He didn’t even know what to tell.

 

*

 

Brian smiled as he stood in the middle of the dance floor. There was a mass of sweaty bodies dancing around him but all he saw was this newly blond man walking towards him. Justin was dressed in a black and blue wife beater and black jeans. He hadn’t expected Justin to actually come. The blond made his way through the half-naked bodies and both he and Brian smiled as one young man suddenly placed his hand on the front of his pants and squeezed. Justin just politely smiled at the man and gently pushed his hand away.

 

“Didn’t think you would actually come,” Brian smiled as Justin stepped in front of him.

 

Justin shrugged a little. “Alex was bitching too much about his phone even though he already bought a new one. It was getting old.”

 

“Well, I’m happy you’re here,” Brian smiled. Then he stepped closer and slipped his left arm around the man. “Dance with me,” he pressed his forehead against Justin and felt hands come in contact with his arms.

 

Then Justin started moving and everything else and everyone else disappeared.