Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

A week passed and Brian didn’t hear anything from Justin. He knew the blond’s summer vacation was about to end or maybe it already had. Maybe Justin had gone back to Denver, to his life, to his job. But without saying anything to Brian? Brian didn’t feel like Justin would do that.

 

There were so many times when Brian thought about calling his husband. He even had the phone in his hand several times and he stared at Justin’s number. All he had to do was press a button and put the phone against his ear but he never did.

 

So he went on with his life. He went to work, came home, ate and went out to have some fun. You know, the normal. Then one night he sat on the sofa with a beer in his hand and went through the stack of magazines on his coffee table. He tried to do anything to forget. Something so he wouldn’t call the blond. He tried his all so he wouldn’t go knocking on his door. Brian pushed aside the magazines on top of the pile and came across one of Justin’s drawings from the night he had forced the man to draw.

 

Brian took it and leaned back against the sofa, staring at his own body from the paper. Then he drank his beer while staring at it in silence.

 

*

 

It was late. It was past 1am on a Monday morning. Brian had just brushed his teeth and was turning off the lights so he could go to bed and get some sleep. But he only managed to turn off the lights from the living room when he heard banging. The banging clearly came from his door. It wasn’t like a knocking. Knocking was a steady rhythm. This wasn’t.

 

Brian rubbed his eyes and wondered what the hell was going on now. He went to his door and unlocked it, yanking it open. The second he opened it, a blond mess fell into his arms, literally. Brian couldn’t help as his arms automatically game up to catch Justin. The man mumbled something uncoherent, Brian had no idea what. Then he took in Justin condition.

 

The blond reeked of alcohol. He clearly hadn’t showered lately. Justin wasn’t really dirty but you could tell it has been two or three days when the blond had last showered. He was drunk, really drunk. So drunk he had trouble standing on his own. Brian helped him on his legs and Justin leaned against the door before focusing his eyes on Brian.

 

“Hate you!” Justin exclaimed angrily.

 

Brian’s brows shot up. He hadn’t really expected this. He knew the blond wasn’t happy with him, but not this. “Is that so?” he asked.

 

“Yeah,” Justin nodded. “I should just force you to sign the papers and get it over with,” he slurred as he spoke.

 

Brian nodded, smiling a little, not denying it.

 

“But instead I let you waltz around stupidly hot and…” Justin waved his right hand while steading himself with the left. “And, and you’re really not that smart either and you’ve got stupid hair and I hate you. You think you’re smarter than me! You smoke pot for Christ sake! That’ll kill you. But not tomorrow. I need you to sign the divorce papers before you die because I don’t want to be a widow. That’s just stupid. And you wear those ridiculous fashion clothes that don’t even look good on you. You look fugly in the long Armani jacket. I don’t want to fuck you every time I see you in it. Nope,” Justin shook his head. “Not at all. I don’t want you because you’re so stupid and ugly and,” at this point Justin took a wobbly step forward and Brian put his hands out ready to catch him.

 

“I hate you,” The blond fell back against Brian and looked up. “I hate you!”

 

Brian looked down at him and saw clear eyes turn red. The lower lip shook and he saw hurt in those sky blue eyes.

 

“I hate you,” Justin repeated and got on his toes.

 

Then suddenly Brian felt lips against his and arms come around his neck. It was probably the worst kiss Brian had ever experienced but he didn’t care. He wrapped his arms around the smaller man and pulled him against himself, helping him stand. The kiss was sloppy and when it turned wet Brian knew it wasn’t saliva. He kissed the man back, closing his eyes. The lips felt good, even if it was a drunken kiss or a mess was more like it.

 

Then Justin pulled from the kiss and buried his face into Brian’s neck. Brian felt his neck become wet but he didn’t care.

 

“You broke me,” he heard Justin mumble. “You broke me,” he repeated. “I was perfectly happy with Alex until you came and pointed out all the things that are wrong with him,” he cried. “I could have lived a perfectly happy life with him before you came and ruined it.”

 

Brian rubbed Justin’s back and sighed. “You were never happy with Alex. You will never be happy with him.”

 

Justin was quiet for a moment before he sniffed. “I know,” he admitted with a shaky voice.

 

Then a few quiet moments went by and slowly Justin somehow got heavier in Brian’s arms. The brunet looked down at the man and wrapped his arms tighter around the blond. “Justin?” Brian asked but then his body went limp and Brian had to really hold him up. “Justin?” he panicked for a second before he heard the deep breaths.

 

Justin had passed out in his arms.

 

Brian groaned and struggled to get the man in his arms. He wrapped one hand under Justin’s arm and quickly moved the other hand to his legs. Then Brian lifted him up into his arms and walked to the bedroom. He placed the sleeping blond on the mattress and let out a deep breath. He looked down at the blond who was lying in an awkward position in his bed. Then Brian proceeded to take off Justin’s shoes and put him into more comfortable position. He didn’t even try to get the man out of his clothes. But he still covered his legs with the cover. He didn’t want Justin to overheat.

 

After that episode, Brian went to turn off the rest of the lights and got in bed next to Justin. He laid down on his side and looked at the blond. He didn’t want to think what would happen the next morning. Whatever happened when Justin would wake up, they would deal with it then. Until then, Brian wanted to sleep. He would sleep as long as he wanted and get late to work tomorrow, if he even decided to go at all.

 

*

 

Brian woke up in the middle of the night as the mattress dipped rather hard. It shook his body and he flashed his eyes open only to realize there was someone running in his bedroom. The brunet lifted his head and looked around all groggy. Then he heard the familiar sound as someone lift up the toilet lid, smacking it against the porcelain. And that was followed by the sound of someone puking.

 

Right. Justin. Justin was in the loft.

 

Brian threw the cover off and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. He got up and patted to the bathroom, rubbing his right eye with the heel of his palm. There was a blond on his bathroom floor, on his knees. The man hung his head over Brian’s toilet for a moment before flushing the toilet. Then he sat back on his ass on the white tile floor.

 

Brian licked his lips as he watched Justin cover his face with his hands and lean against his knees. Brian rubbed his own face and knew he had to do some soulful talking. He hated serious talks. “You okay?”

 

Justin just buried his head deeper between his knees.

 

Brian walked closer and sat down next to the man. He gently rubbed the blond’s back.

 

“My life’s a mess,” Justin mumbled and Brian winced as he heard the shaking voice. Shaking voice always meant tears.

 

“Nah, it’s not so bad. It’s just a little bit of a fixer upper. Everything feels like the end of the world when you’re hung over,” Brian tried to make things look a little lighter.

 

Justin shook his head. “Alex broke up with me,” and just then the tears really spilled.

 

Brian raised his brows at that sentence. He had not expected to hear that. Not from what Alex had said at his office. He knew Justin and Alex were not meant to be but that they would break up so suddenly without a warning, he didn’t see that coming.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Brian said as he had no idea what else to say. People did say sorry in moments like these, didn’t they?

 

“What the fuck am I going to do? I can’t go home, I can’t stay here,” Brian felt the back shake under.

 

“We’ll figure it out but in the meanwhile, you can stay here,” the older man offered and took his hand off.

 

Justin turned his head and Brian saw the teary eyes. He shook his head and first he was quiet but then he spoke. “I want a divorce.”

 

Brian parted his lips a little. This night was definitely full of surprises. This was the third time Justin was asking for it. He had told he would sign the papers if Justin asked three times. Brian rolled his lips into his mouth and nodded his head a little. What other choice did he have?

 

“Good,” Justin said quietly. Almost so quiet Brian didn’t hear it. Then Justin buried his face back into his hands and Brian looked away. He squeezed his eyes shut tightly and felt like everything was over.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

One more chapter to go guys. Will they get a divorce or will they not? Ah the suspense :D.