Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Oh my God; this is a monster. I never even got to the part that I was stressing about yesterday; the one that had me putting off this update until today because this got so freaking long with just the gifts and the nursery reveal. So that part will have to wait until tomorrow.


 

March 22 (Part Three)

Justin sat down, fatigue washing over him; the only bad thing about today was the fact that he'd missed early afternoon nap. It was leaving him feeling decidedly drained and he couldn't wait until everyone went home and he had the chance to rest. Fighting back a yawn, scrubbed his hand over his face, and wondered if he could get away with running into the house and making that cup of coffee that he'd never made this morning.

He glanced around at the gathered crowd and grimaced; the odds weren't very likely at this point. Best to just push on through until their guests leave; at least the ones that weren't family. The family was so used to him curling up and falling asleep at the oddest of times and in the oddest of places lately, that it didn't even faze them anymore.

Looking up when he felt a hand on the back of his neck, Justin smiled tiredly as Brian sat down next to him; leaning in when Brian pressed his lips to his temple, Justin hummed and just soaked up his husband's presence, groaning with pleasure as Brian's fingers works out some of the kinks in his neck and back.

"Come here," Brian said, sitting back on the outdoor chaise that they were sharing; he helped Justin scoot back, pulling him into the apex of his thighs and against his chest. Justin groaned with relief when reclining instantly reduced the pressure on his lower back. "I promise, that once we are done with the gifts, we'll get some quiet time no matter what people want or think."

"That would be amazing," Justin said, sighing with contentment when Brian's deft fingers massaged his neck and shoulders. "I didn't expect to be this tired. It's not like I've done much other than sit around and eat."

"Ah, but that is like an Olympic-class sport to you, Sunshine," Brian snickered, yelping when Justin elbowed him in the stomach. "That kind of eating takes some serious energy to digest. I'm surprised that you're not comatose half the time."

"Asshole," Justin huffed, squirming in the chaise, trying to get more comfortable. "And here I was actually thinking charitable thoughts about you. I won't make that same mistake again."

"Now, now," Brian teased, running his hands over Justin's shoulders and down to cup his belly. "There is no need to get testy."

"Mmmm…" Justin hummed, tipping his head back against Brian's shoulder and closing his eyes as Brian began an impromptu belly massage. "Keep doing that and all will be forgiven."

"You're so easy, Sunshine," Brian teased, running his hands up under Justin's shirt and up the middle of his belly, and down over the sides to the underside of his belly once more. He loved when Brian did this; while he could easily do it for himself, he felt so connected to Brian and Sunbeam in these moments that he preferred Brian to do it.

"Lucky for you," Justin said with a smirk. "You could have been like poor Ted and only getting sex once or twice a week if you're lucky."

"Oh, God," Brian groaned and actually shuddered at the thought; Justin laughed. "Don't even joke about things like that. Christ, with your libido, if we're only have sex once or twice a week, there is something seriously wrong."

"Poor, honey," Justin teased, giggling when Brian pinched his thigh in retaliation. "I'll bet you're going to end up having nightmares about that tonight."

"I wouldn't make light of that if I were you, twat," Brian growled for his ears only, pulling him tightly against his hardening cock. "I might just take it out of your ass tonight."

"Promises, promises," Justin snickered, barely biting back a groan when Brian's dick twitched against his ass.

"Oh, but you know that that I keep my promises, Sunshine," Brian purred, wrapping an arm around his belly; Justin squirmed; and fuck, this was so not the time to get a hard on. "And well you know…"

Brian trailed off when a flash of light disturbed their banter; Justin looked up, blinking as Daphne stood, smirking and holding a camera.

"Sorry," she said in the most insincere manner as possible; like she hadn't known full well what was going on. "You two were just so adorable; I couldn't resist taking a picture."

Brian growled, glaring at a giggling Daphne, who just went back to her conversation as if she just hadn't ruined their vibe. Which, actually, was just as well; this was hardly the place for them to getting up to anything risqué. Justin looked around, blatantly ignoring the knowing looks of some as he searched out and focused on Emmett; and nodded to him to let him know that they were ready to get on with this.

Emmett nodded and then turned to the crowd to continue his master of ceremonies duties with a wide grin.

"Before we get started," Emmett said, waving his hands to get everyone quieted down. "I just wanted to point out that Darren has cut and put out the cake; so if you want some, fell free to grab it while we get things set up over here." Emmett cast a look at a suddenly alert Justin, and snickered. "And if someone could bring a couple of slices for our Daddies-to-be, that would be great."

"I don't need…" Brian started, but was cut off when Justin 'nudged' him in the side. Brian scowled and rubbed his ribs, but didn't say anything else as Gus brought over two healthy slabs of cake, which Justin fell onto with great gusto.

"With Justin here," Emmett said dryly, smirking when Justin flipped him off and then just continued to eat his cake. "I'm sure it won't go to waste."

And much to Justin's annoyance, everyone in earshot laughed. He just shrugged; so what if he liked his sweets. He was eating for two here, and if Sunbeam wants cake, Sunbeam will damned well get the cake. Brian just shook his head in disbelief, but did open his mouth when Justin offered him a bite, so all was good in his world.

"Now, Mother Taylor," Emmett continued, gesturing to his mother with the baby book Justin had bought. "We'll have you sit here, so that you can record the gifts."

"Oh God," his mother groaned, glaring at a smirking Brian; he knew just how much she hated being called Mother Taylor. Or well, she said that she hated it; but Justin knew better. "He's got you doing it too."

"What can I say?" Brian smirked, his eyes gliting with humor as he looked down at Justin. "They all come to the dark side eventually. We have…"

"Don't say it!" Justin hissed, poking him in the side; but Brian just grunted and continued undeterred.

"…Twinkies."

"Ohhh, you're so in trouble…" Justin grumbled when his mother laughed and sat in the chair next to their chaise lounge.

"And Jenny, Gus," Emmett continued, ignoring the banter in favor of getting things done. "I'll have you sit here and collect the bows and ribbons to decorate this hat."

"I am not wearing that," Justin huffed, looking at the floppy brimmed hat with distaste; glaring when Brian grabbed it from Emmett and tried to place it on Justin's head.

"Is that a challenge?" Brian asked, snickering when Justin kept dodging his attempts to crown him with that atrocity.

"Do you want to sleep in the guest room?" Justin challenged, snickering when Brian instantly stopped and handed the hat to Jenny.

"You're no fun," Brian grumbled, leaning against the back of the chaise.

"Not what you said last night," Justin quipped, and then cringed as he met his mother's exasperated gaze; he had completely forgotten that she was there.

"TMI, Justin," she huffed opening the book as Emmett set the first of the gifts in front of Justin. Yeah, he probably should wait to banter with Brian after the shower is done.

… … … … …

Justin was quickly making his way through the gifts, happy to be getting everything he'd wanted so far and even doubles on a few key things. He didn't mind that at all as he had a feeling that they were going to go through stuff like crazy. Setting aside yet another blanket and layette set, he turned his attention as two wrapped boxes were set in front of him. He looked up at Emmett and arched a brow.

"I was told that they go together," Emmett said, handing the green box to Brian and leaving the yellow one in front of Justin. "And I was told that you each had to open these particular boxes. Lucille's orders."

Justin looked up and smiled briefly at Lucille and then began unwrapping the box in front of him, handing off the bow to Jenny. He did want to keep them even if he had no intention of going through the hat ritual. He had draw a line somewhere. Opening the box, Justin pulled out the black backpack-style diaper bag and grinned.

Awesome! He'd really liked this one; and it had the added bonus that Brian wouldn't immediately set it on fire when he saw it. Looking at the bag, he startled when Brian started laughing; he'd completely forgotten that Brian had a gift too.

Looking over his shoulder, he frowned, confused when Brian pulled out another diaper bag. He knew for a fact that he hadn't put that on the registry; and then, when Brian turned it around to show Justin, it all became clear. Snorting, Justin stared at the navy blue Armani diaper bag that likely cost twice the amount his had and shook his head.

"We got that one especially for you, Brian dear," Lucille smirked, laughing when Brian flashed her a thumbs up. "I saw it and knew you had to have it. We did get the one from the registry as well for you Justin. But this just screamed Brian to me."

"Always the label queen," Mel smirked, snickering when Brian flipped her off.

"Bite me, Smelly Melly," Brian said, smirking when she grimaced at the idea

"You wish," Mel shouted back, making the entire party laugh and Brian grimace in disgust as he handed his bag off to Emmett.

Justin handed his off to and then turned to the next present. He looked at the card and smiled, before handing it off to his mother to record. "It's from Blake and Ted," He said over his shoulder to Brian as he tore the yellow and white paper away.

He handed the paper and bow to Brian, who disposed of the paper and handed the bow over to Gus. Justin flipped the box over and looked at it, frowning when he didn't recognize it. He knew that he hadn't put this on his registry, but now he was wishing that he had because this would be a life saver. He looked up at Blake and Ted.

"I know this wasn't on your registry," Blake said, shrugging when Justin flashed him a thumbs up. "But my sister bought it for me and it is the best thing ever. It has saved my sanity on several occasions."

"It's fantastic," Justin agreed as he looked at the combination bouncer, rocker and sleeper, marveling that he'd missed this when he was looking through the websites for his registry. "I can see how useful it would be; especially when I'm in the studio. Thanks!"

Justin slid the box towards Em, who stocked with his pile of opened loot. He looked up and grinned; the next item was obvious as it was out of its box and already to go, with nothing but a big yellow bow around it. He smoothed his hands over the stroller, looking it over and even happier with it now that he was seeing it up close and not just on the website. He looked for a card, but couldn't find one, so he looked around to find out who had purchased it and landed on Carl and Deb.

"This is a collective gift from the Horvath-Novotny-Bruckners," Carl explained with a smile. "All of us went in on it – Me, Deb, Hunter, <a href="https://imgur.com/9HjfVM2">Elena</a>, Ben and Michael. Ben said he wished that he could be here, but he sends you his love and good wishes."

"Thank you," Justin said with a smile and took off the bow before Emmett carted it away, and handed it to Jenny. He did note that Carl had mentioned Ben, but hadn't said anything about Michael. Not that he was surprised by it; Michael was likely still licking his wounds and wasn't ready to try whining at them again for a bit.

Justin quickly made his way through a few more gifts, with all the expected things – bottles, clothing, more blankets, a baby monitor, and two bottle warmers. He was excited over it all and thanked everyone profusely for their gifts before sending the on their way and going onto the next. Only this time, instead of one box, he got three all wrapped in the same 'you are my sunshine' wrapping paper.

"These are from Lindsay, Mel and the kids," Emmett said; and then he began pointing at the boxes. "This one is from Mel and Lindsay, this is from Gus, and this is from Jenny."

Justin nodded and opened the one from Lindsay and Mel first, handing the bow off to Gus, and the card to his mother so she could record it. He carefully opened the package as he really liked the paper and wanted to save it for a project he had in mind. Opening the box, he pulled out a piece of navy-blue material, and it took him a moment to realize that it was a baby sling, another thing he hadn't thought of.

"This also wasn't on the list," Mel said with a smile. "But like Blake, I couldn't live without it. I figured it would be great for when you want to sketch in the studio."

"Thank you," Justin said, still looking at the sling and had to agree that it would be really useful when he was in his studio; maybe not while he was painting, but definitely if he was working with his pastels, charcoal or pencils. "I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it."

He handed it off to Brian, who in turn handed it off to Emmett, and then turned back to the box that Emmett said was from Gus. Looking over at his son, he smiled and then tore the paper away and handed it off to Brian. He opened the box and pulled out a book – If You Give a Mouse a Cookie – a matching mouse plushie, and an absolutely adorable mouse towel robe. He was sensing a theme here.

He looked at Gus and arched a brow.

"Jenny and I decided to get Sunbeam one of our favorite books and some things to go with them," Gus said with a shit-eating grin, his eyes so like his father's as they sparkled with mischief. "I chose this one because I know how fond you are of mice, Jus."

Justin gaped at him, and then huffed when he remembered that Gus had been there when he'd told Brian that the mice had ate the Twinkies. Little brat; he was so his father's son. Brian just looked at the gifts and started laughing, his head thrown back, and then he held up his fist for a fist bump.

"Did you put him up to this?" Justin asked, narrowing his eyes at his husband.

"I had nothing to do with it," Brian said, still laughing at their son's audacity, his hands held up in supplication. "But, damn, that was good; well done, Sonny Boy."

"Like father, like son," Justin grumbled, shaking his head as Brian pulled Gus into a hug and just kept on right on laughing. "Sarcastic, little shi…"

"Now, now, Sunshine," Brian said, pressing a kiss to the top of his head. "None of that language here; we have ladies present." And then pointedly looked at Deb. "Mostly."

"Fuck you too, you little shit!" Deb called, laughing at Brian's tongue in cheek grin.

"See, she agrees with me," Justin smirked, pulling the last box over to him.

"That's because you're the favorite," Brian sighed, resting his hand over his heart in mock woe.

"And don't you forget it," Justin snickered, yelping when Brian pinched his ass; and then he shrugged. At least, it was in a place no one but he would see. He quickly unwrapped the box and opened it, pulling out a Curious George book set and plushie.

"I got a set because I couldn't pick just one," Jenny said with a shy smile. "I like them all."

"Thank you sweetheart," Justin said, pressing a kiss to her cheek; he looked at the books and smiled with delight. "I loved these books when I was a kid."

"That makes so much sense," Brian snorted, grunting when Justin jabbed him in the ribs. "No wonder you're prone to wreaking havoc."

"And speaking of books," Deb smirked, cutting them off before they could get going again. "This one is just from me for the fathers. Enjoy."

Justin took the flat package with a confused smile, but opened it and then just looked at it for a minute, making sure he was actually see what he thought he saw; and then he threw his head back and laughed as he handed the book off to his husband. Brian took one look at it, read the title - Go the Fuck to Sleep by Adam Mansbach - and snorted before handing the book off to his mother, who laughed as well as she started paging through the pages and reading some of the script.

"This bears a striking resemblance to Justin's night time ritual," his mother smirked, setting the book aside and making note of the gift in their record

"Mom!" Justin huffed, sighing when she just shrugged; he wasn't even going to pursue that as it was an argument that he was destined to lose.

He went through a few more gifts before all of a sudden Emmett laid a large clothing box wrapped in bright rainbow paper in front of Justin with a flourish. And if he hadn't guessed by the paper alone who it was from, the proud smile on his face said it all. Justin looked at the bright paper and bow, looked over at Brian's aghast face and then looked back at a beaming Emmett and arched a brow.

"And this one is from me and Drew," Emmett said with a bright smile.

"I gathered from the whole rainbow theme," Justin smirked, knowing again this was one more way to needle Brian about the whole rainbow thing.

"I think I'm blind," Brian lamented, rubbing his eyes and grimacing as he looked away from the brightly-colored package.

Justin snickered as he pulled off the bow and handed it over to Gus, and then carefully unwrapped the paper from the box, because this he wanted to save if for no other reason to give Brian a bad time. He folded it up and handed it to Brian, who stared at it with trepidation. "Please set that aside, I have a plan for it."

Brian groaned, but did set it aside – under all the others that Justin had told him to save. Justin snickered and then turned back to the box and opened it; he pulled out a white baby grow with navy piping and a navy blue velour snow suit. And then he groaned when he noticed the emblem. What is it with people and designer shit today?

"Now Big Bad, I know you're going to love these," Emmett said as he held them up one at a time to Brian. "The blue one is for about 6-9 months since it's a snow suit, and Sunbeam is due in the summer."

"Oh, my God," Justin said as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Please tell me you didn't!"

"Awwww, honey," Brian snickered as he held up the baby grow. "It's Baby's First Armani."

"And last," Justin said, holding up his hand when Brian made to protest. "No, Brian. Our kids will not be wearing designer clothing until they are old enough to appreciate and take care of them. I am not paying fifty dollars for a baby grow that Sunbeam is just going to spit up on."

"You are seriously understating the price there, Sunshine," Brian smirked, placing both outfits back into the box and handing it off to Emmett with a smile. Of course, he would smile; he'd managed to find a way around Justin's no designer clothing rule, as he knew damned well that Justin would never return a gift.

"All the more reason," Justin huffed, rolling his eyes when Brian just snickered. He turned away to find three boxes in front of him. He looked up with an raised brow.

"Molly, Cynthia and I went with a theme," Yasmeen said, gesturing to the three boxes. "Mine is the one with the baby Winnie the Pooh characters on it. Molly's is the one with the baby safari animals on it. And Cynthia's has the teddy bears on it."

Justin nodded, and opened up Yasmeen's first, smiling when he found ducky onsies, and Winnie the Pooh sleepers, along with a baby Winnie the Pooh and a baby Tigger plushie. In Molly's he found three sleepers with a stars and clouds theme, four onesies with a safari animal theme and a plushie baby giraffe. In Cynthia's box he found a gift basket set with a blanket, clothing, and bath items with a teddy bear theme, as well as a bottle and a teddy bear plushie.

"Oh these are adorable," Justin gushed, flipping through all of the clothing once again, happy to be getting more. "Thank you."

"And don't worry," Yasmeen said, smirking at Brian. "They aren't Armani."

"Well, at least someone gets it!" Justin said, snickering when Brian huffed, handing over the new loot to Emmett.

Justin stretched, and rubbed at his back again. As much as he was enjoying seeing everything that people had bought, but this was taking forever. He really couldn't wait to lay down and rest. Smiling when Brian's hands joined his, he leaned into his husband's touch, sighing again when the pressure eased.

"Are you okay?" Brian asked again, watching him with a concerned look on his face.

"It's fine," Justin said, dismissing it with a wave of his hand; and he was fine. He knew exactly what was happening and it was nothing to concern anyone with. But, of course, Brian wouldn't let it go at that, he frowned until Justin gave in. "It's just Braxton Hicks."

"Are you sure about that," Brian asked, an alarmed expression on his face.

"Yes, dad," Justin huffed. "I'm fine. I was told it was possible to have them from time to time, during the third trimester. I'm not in pain; it's just a slight pressure. It's uncomfortable and irregular. I'll be fine."

"Do you need some tea, sweetheart?" his mother asked, having listened in on the conversation.

"That would be great," Justin said, nodding as he mother whispered something to Darren. "Mint tea if I can get it."

"Darren is going to take care of that," his mother said as she turned back to him. "Now lets get these last couple of presents done and then you can go into the house and lay down for a while; sometimes just changing position or taking a bath can help."

Justin nodded and then focused on the present in front of him that was wrapped in more 'you are my sunshine' themed paper. He looked up at Lindsay and Mel in confusion as it was the same paper that they'd had, but they shook their heads in negation. Or, well, Mel had while Lindsay just sat there as if she'd smelled something foul. And he really needed to do something about that and soon.

"This is from Liam, Kian and myself," Daphne said; Justin nodded and pulled the bow off, handing it off to Jenny; and then quickly unwrapped it to find another baby carrier, but this one was much more structured. "It was the only one that I could get Liam to agree to, so I figured that even Brian couldn't find fault with it."

"I wouldn't hold my breath on that," Justin smirked, batting Brian's hand away before he could pinch on the side; obviously well aware of what Justin was going to say. "If it doesn't say Armani, Dior or Dolce & Gabbana, it might be too plebian for his tastes."

Justin laughed as Brian huffed and pulled the carrier towards him, reading the box and nodding. Well, it must have passed inspection then. Brian handed it off to Emmett and then they turned back to find the last present in front of them. But this one wasn't wrapped; instead, it was a long, slender ornate box. Justin picked it up, to study it, certain he'd seen it before, but he couldn't remember where.

It was beautiful though.

He looked up as his mother handed off the baby book to Molly and came to sit with him and Brian. She touched the box, gently tracing the intricate detailing as her eyes misted over; and then she opened it to reveal a silver baby rattle.

"This is something that has been passed down in our family for four generations, from first born to first born," his mother said, pulling the ornate rattle out and holding it to the light. "This isn't the original box; that was lost some time before my mother got it; so she bought this antique glove box to put it in." His mother placed the rattle back into the box, closed it and handed it to him. "My mother passed it down to me when I had you. And now, I'm passing it down to you, making it the fifth generation. And then you'll hold onto it until Sunbeam has his or her first child."

"Mom," Justin said, his voice hoarse and trembling as he blinked, trying to hold back the film of tears in his eyes; fucking hormones. He swallowed thickly and rubbed his hand over his eyes, dashing away the few tears that had managed to escape. "It's…amazing, but what about Molly? I mean surely she'd like…"

"I've already talked to Molly," His mother said with a smile; Justin looked over at his sister, who nodded and smiled. He choked up again as he held the box to his chest. "She's fine with it as the tradition states that the mother will buy a new rattle for the any of the younger children; and they can begin their own tradition of passing the rattle down."

"It's beautiful," Justin whispered, still struggling not to completely lose it, and failing miserably as a tear streaked down his cheek. He cleared his throat and grabbed her hand. "Thank you; I will treasure it always."

His mother nodded, tears in her own eyes as she pulled him into a hug; he wrapped his arms around her and held on, trying not to cry, but not having much luck as she ran her hands through his hair. God, he hadn't expected this today. Tucking his head into her shoulder, he gave a watery laugh when his mother tugged Brian into the embrace, much against his feeble protests. And then soon Jenny and Gus had joined, along with Molly, and he couldn't help but feel like a fucking twat for crying over a rattle.

"As that was the last present," Emmett said, making Justin smile in gratitude as he shooed people away; he didn't think he could face any of them yet. "Why don't we give them a few minutes to themselves. There is still plenty of cake and sweets over there at the buffet and we've brought out some more sliders for those of you who are still hungry. Don't worry Baby, I'll save you a few."

"Asshole," Justin huffed, a watery laugh spilling over his lips as Emmett pranced away.

He lifted his head and looked around, thankful that almost everyone had dispersed and wandered off in the direction of the juice, coffee and tea bar and the sweets table. Wiping his eyes, he managed to pry himself out of the group hug and stood, massaging his lower back again, trying to ease the stiffness. And then smiled when Darren came up to him with his requested mint tea; he hadn't been drinking enough today, which was likely why he was having issues.

"Actually, Honeycutt," Brian called out, garnering Emmett's immediate attention. He smirked when Em scowled at the use of his last name. Justin hid a smile in his tea cup at the never-ending argument between the two friends. "That was not the last present as you well know; we still have one more to go."

"Oh, that's right," Emmett said, his eyes widening as he slapped himself on the forehead. "How could I have forgotten; well, no matter. Folks! I was mistaken; there is one last present to give. So, after you've had a chance to refresh yourselves and get something to drink and all of that, we need to head into the house and down into the media room for the King's present to his Prince."

"Brian," Justin protested, looking at his husband in confused surprise; because, while he had gotten Brian a daddy gift, he hadn't expected anything in return. The party would have been enough. Although, he should have known that Brian would do something; he never believed in doing things halfway. "You know you didn't have to…"

"I know, Sunshine," Brian said, dropping a kiss onto his hair. "But trust me, Sunshine; you'll love it. So, finish your tea, and maybe grab something to eat other than that God awful pound of sugar you consumed earlier, and then we'll get this last bit done."

… … … … …

Twenty minutes later found Justin in the house and upstairs, standing with Brian between their bedroom and the nursery. He'd managed to reassure everyone that he was fine and that he hadn't had another contraction since getting up and moving around, and drinking not only his tea, but another full glass of water. No, he wasn't going into labor; yes, he was certain it was Braxton Hicks. No he didn't want to call his doctor to check and he didn't need to go to the hospital.

He was fine; Christ, you would have thought he was about to pop the kid out right the on the backyard patio with the way they were acting.

Sighing, he took a deep, calming breath and leaned into Brian, wondering why they were up here and what exactly they were waiting for.

"We need to wait here for just moment until Emmett gives me the signal," Brian said, startling Justin until he realized he must have spoken that last part out loud.

"Signal?" Justin asked, tipping his head back to look at Brian.

"That everyone is in the media room," Brian said, dropping a kiss his nose; snickering when Justin scrunched it and the scrubbed his hand over it. What? It had tickled.

"If everyone is down there," Justin said, looking down the stairs with a small frown on his face, still trying to figure out what was going on. "Then why are we up here?"

"You'll see," Brian said mysteriously, that annoyingly smug smile on his face; the one that told Justin that he knew something Justin didn't and that he wouldn't tell him until he was good and ready; which better be in the next few minutes or he'd really be in trouble tonight.

"I hate when you do that," Justin huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I know," Brian smirked, sounding just as smug as ever.

Justin opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by the blare of one of those horns you hear at sport events. What the actual fuck? Justin winched and jumped, looking down at a now laughing Emmett. Flipping him off, Justin turned and glared at his snickering husband for good measure.

"You could have warned me about that before it happened," he groused, smacking Brian in the arm.

"But that wouldn't have been nearly as much fun," Brian snickered leading him closer to the nursery door. "Okay, close your eyes."

"That sounds ominous," Justin quipped, not being serious about it at all; but apparently Brian decided to take it seriously anyways.

"Do you trust me, Sunshine?" Brian asked, looking down into Justin's eyes.

"Always," Justin replied without any hesitation whatsoever.

"Then close your eyes," Brian said, pressing a kiss to his brow. "I promise it will be well worth it." He waited until Justin complied and then pressed his lips to Justin's ear, murmuring in a low voice as if he expected to be overheard. "Don't make me break out the blindfold, Sunshine."

"Oh, but why?" Justin quipped, but keeping his eyes closed and trusting Brian to lead him; he cocked his head as he heard the snick of a lock disengaging and wondered what was going on. "We have so much fun with it."

"Not the kind that we can have in front of others," Brian chided, pulling Justin into what he assumed was the nursery, but for why he couldn't fathom. "But do hold onto that thought for later."

"All these promises for later," Justin kidded, gripping Brian's hands tightly when he stopped moving, almost sending Justin careening into him. "If even half of those came true, I won't be able to move tomorrow."

"Just tomorrow?" Brian quipped, coming up behind Justin and turning him a bit. "And here I was aiming at a whole week. I need to up my game. Okay, are you ready for this?"

"Been ready," Justin said, squirming with anticipation. "Now, stop being a fucking tease, hurry up and let me open my eyes before I kick your ass."

"As charming as ever, Sunshine," Brian snickered. "How did you ever manage to keep me?"

"That was easy," Justin smirked, remembering a night years before. "I walked up to you on the dance floor, bare-chested and all but begging you to fuck me, but rather than go for you like you were expecting, I stole your tricks for the evening, making you realize that there was a whole lot more to this twink than a pretty face."

"And I've been chasing after you ever since," Brian said, pressing a kiss to his temple. "Even when it seemed like I was pushing you away, inside I was begging you to stay. And I'm so glad that you did, Sunshine; because it led to this. Open them."

Justin opened his eyes, and then gasped, his hands flying to his mouth as he stared around the nursery with wonder, taking in all the details. His eyes misted over as he looked and found all the little things he'd accumulated through out the last several month sitting on shelves and tables and on the dresser.

And speaking of the dresser, the furniture was gorgeous. He walked over to the crib – the perfect crib – that was stained a light brown that complimented the mural, with the mattress covered in the moss green sheet that he'd bought, with the ivory and green decorative quilt folded and draped over the railing. He ran his hand down the satin smooth finish and just shook his head in wonder.

He looked to his right and noticed the bookcase filled with books and toys, and walked over in a daze to touch them. It was set up exactly like his sketch; although there seemed to be a few additional books and toys as well. He turned and crossed over to the dresser and opened them, and sure enough, all the blankets and burp rags and onsies and layettes and other things he'd bought filled the drawers. He closed them and then ran his hands over the dresser, again beautifully done with a satin finish.

"Is this…?" Justin asked, fairly certain that he recognized the furniture.

"Your baby furniture," Brian confirmed with a small smile. "Yes; and well, Molly's as well. I picked them up from your mother a couple of months ago, stripped the paint off, sanded them down and stained them – all natural stain at that as I know how you feel about using all natural stuff in Sunbeam's room. And then yesterday, when Emmett was distracting you, Carl, Drew, Ted and I moved everything up."

"That's what you were doing in the stables," Justin said, still taking in the room with no little amount of wonder. He pressed his hands to his cheeks as his throat tightened and fuck he was nearly on the verge of tears again.

"That's what I was working on in the stables," Brian nodded, and then looked around with a small smile. "So, what do you think? Worth the wait?"

Justin just shook his head in disbelief, hearing the double meaning in the words; and his heart fluttered at having this amazingly frustrating, but wonderful man in his life. He walked up to him, cupped his cheeks and pressed his lips to his, kissing him for all he was worth. Brian cupped his face and returned it, smiling against Justin's mouth.

Justin pulled back and rested his head against Brian's and just breathed him in, his hands buried into the hair at the nape of his neck.

"God, I can't believe you did this," Justin choked out, pulling back to look at his perfect nursery once again, still somewhat in a daze when he caught sight of a camera. He looked at Brian and pointed, arching a brow.

"Wave hello to the camera, Sunshine," Brian smirked, waving at the camera himself. "That's why everyone needed to be in the media room; it's a motione sensor camera that is live feeding to my laptop and playing on the TV down in the media room. There was no way we were going to cram all those people up here. Plus, I wanted it to be just us up here. They can come and look at it throughout the afternoon before they leave."

"God, this is so…" Justin trailed off when he couldn't find the words to express the sheer joy and love he was feeling for this ridiculously romantic man. He swiped at his face, coming away with tears. "Fuck; what is it with you assholes and trying to make me cry today?"

"I think you surpassed trying a while back, Sunshine," Brian said, laughing when Justin flipped him off. "So, I'm assuming that we did okay?"

"Okay!? God, Brian," Justin stared at him, utterly speechless. "It's just like I imagined it."

"I should hope so," Brian said, rolling his lips between his teeth. "I went through great lengths to replicate your sketch. And trust me, if you knew what I had to deal with to get this room looking like this…"

"It's perfect," Justin said, walking up and kissing him softly on the lips. "Thank you!"

"You're welcome, Sunshine," Brian said, that shy smile that he loved so much, but didn't always get to see on his face; he leaned down and pressed their heads together. "Now how about a nap?"

"Not just yet," Justin said, a wide smile spreading across his face. He was planning to do this later, but he couldn't wait any longer to give Brian his presents. "Come with me to the bedroom. I have a present for you as well."

"Well, then by all means, Sunshine," Brian purred, waggling his eyebrows is a supercilious way. "Lead the way."

"Not that, you perv," Justin huffed, but still nearly bouncing on his toes as they walked to their bedroom. "Not with a house full of people; that will have to wait until tonight."

"You're no fun," Brian halfheartedly complained as they walked into the bedroom; Justin just shook his head in exasperation and pointed to one of the over-stuffed chairs.

"Sit there," Justin commanded as he walked towards the closet. "I'll be right back."

"I'll be waiting in great anticipation, Sunshine," Brian called as Justin hurried into the closet; he crossed over to the basket that Brian called the rag bin and Justin called his painting clothes, and dug through it until he got to the bottom and his gifts.

He pulled them out, one by one, and then tossed his clothing back into the basket. He picked the three packages up and carried them out into the bedroom. Setting them on the end table by the chair, Justin climbed onto the chair, parked his ass on the empty space next to Brian and draped his legs across Brian's lap. He reached for the first gift, the one with all of his favorite toiletries, and handed it to him.

"Open that first," Justin demanded, squirming until he was comfortable.

Brian watched him indulgently and then opened the gift, smiling when he pulled out the basket that held his care package. He peeled away the cellophane that Justin had wrapped it in and pulled the bottles out one by one to inspect them.

"Are you saying that I need a bath, Sunshine," Brian teased, putting everything back in the basket and setting it aside."I promise, I did shower this morning."

"Asshole," Justin said without heat, rolling his eyes when Brian chuckled. "I just thought that you're always taking such good care of me; that this time I'd do the same."

"Thank you, Sunshine," Brian said, kissing him softly on the mouth. "I do appreciate it."

"This one next," Justin said, handing him the package that held the wet shaving kit.

Brian took the box and unwrapped it, pulling out the steeling silver shaving bowl filled with his favorite brand of shaving cream, the after shave balm and the wet shaving kit, delight filling his eyes as he studied them. "This is fantastic, Sunshine. I've been meaning to get a new one for a while now."

"I know," Justin said smugly, shaking his head. "It's a little hard not to when you say it every single time you use it; I got tired of your bitching and decided to just do it for you." He smirked when Brian shot him a weak glare, and then he picked up the remaining box.

"Now, this is your real gift. The others were just little baubles because I wanted to spoil you considering how often you've had to put up with all my insanity the past few months. This is your Dad gift from me and Sunbeam; because I really do appreciate everything you've been doing and I know I can be a pain to live with when my hormones are running high, and I never want you to think that I take that for granted."

Brian swallowed thickly, his eyes shimmering just a bit as he took the box from Justin's hands. He opened the box slowly, as if he wanted to draw it out and then swallowed thickly again, and smiled as he looked at the contents.

"They're custom made," Justin said, as Brian picked up one of the cufflinks; it, like the tie tack that went with them, was square-shaped and depicted the rising, morning sun. "They're platinum, with twenty-four carat gold-leaf for the rays. Just a small something to remind you that your Sunshine and Sunbeam love you."

"I love them, Sunshine," Brian said, laying the cufflink back in the box; he closed it and set it aside, and then pulled Justin into his lap, crushing their lips together as he murmured against them. "And I love you too."