Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

My sincere apologies for getting this update out so late; it's been a really busy day between grocery shopping, cooking and prepping for the Superbowl madness tomorrow. I haven't had much time to write until now.


 

February 2 (Part One)

“God, this was the best idea ever,” Justin sighed, happily wiggling his toes in the warm foot soak liberally laced with agave oil. It was the perfect end to a long, tiring, but ultimately relaxing and fun weekend. He’d really needed this after the stressful weeks that they'd had.

“So, a good surprise then?" Brian smirked, tucking his tongue firmly into his cheek as he looked over at Justin, his feet in a similar bath.

“The best,” Justin smiled, his eyes sparkling as he watched the attendant prepare the sugar scrub for their feet.  “I haven’t had a facial or a mani-pedi in forever. It’s especially welcome after all the walking we did yesterday and today.”

He looked down at his hands a bit ruefully, wishing that his poor nails would last out the week, but knew that it was highly unlikely. Between sketching, and painting Sunbeam’s room, and then working on his show pieces... well, his nails never stayed this nice. However, the hand massage and soak had really felt good. Especially given that it had been so cold, and his hands had gotten so dried and cracked in spite of his gloves.

“I told you we could have skipped today,” Brian said, flinching a bit as the attendant pulled his foot out of the bath and dried it off, before setting it down on a towel and then repeating the action with the other. “I’m sure we could have found something to do…”

Brian arched a brow and smirked, his eyes dancing wickedly as he turned them back to Justin. As if Justin couldn’t figure out exactly what he meant by that. Shaking his head at his husband, Justin shifted in his seat, drawing an equally wicked grin from Brian, as he knew exactly why Justin was shifting in his seat; as well he should since he was the cause of it.

“No,”Justin huffed, biting his lower lip to hold back a giggle as the attendant began to scrub his feet, inadvertently tickling him. “I definitely wanted to do that today. I’m really happy with the pictures I got of the park; I might use them for a winter-themed abstract landscape show at a later date. But it is nice to soak my feet after all that standing and walking around.”

“So, it would be a good thing that I also booked a couple’s massage then, wouldn’t it?” Brian asked, rolling his lips under as he stared at Justin from beneath his lashes.

“You what?” Justin asked, not certain that he’d heard that correctly; it was so out of character for his husband, who typically eschewed all things even remotely romantic. In fact, this entire weekend had been completely unlike him; not that Justin was complaining. Far from it, but he did have to wonder the why of it.

“You heard me,” Brian huffed, shifting uncomfortably in his seat and looking away.

“Brian…” Justin said softly, watching his husband with misty eyes; cursing that the fucking hormones running through his veins were making his eyes tear up yet again. He really couldn’t wait until this part was over, as he’d never been one for excessive tears. “I can’t believe that you would…”

“Don’t get moist,” Brian rolled his eyes before shooting him a warning look. “And I swear, if you ever mention this to anyone, I will twist your balls into a knot. Just enjoy it.”

 

Justin bit his lip, fighting back a ‘sunshine smile’ as Brian called it, and dropped the subject, not wanting to put Brian on the spot for his uncharacteristic romanticism. But secretly he was thrilled. This had definitely been one of the best trips they’d ever made and today in particular had stood out, starting with this morning.

 

Justin stirred, yawning and rubbing his face into his pillow; he stretched and then frowned as his hand met cold sheets. This wasn’t an unusual thing when they were at home; Brian was often up and out of the house long before Justin stirred in their bed. But he was a bit surprised that Brian wasn’t still sleeping after the day and night they’d had.”

Smirking, Justin flopped on his back and closed his eyes, vividly recalling dessert last night - Brian draped across a thick bath sheet on the bed, naked as the day he was born, and adorned with a smorgasbord of treats. But the best had been the strawberry ice cream that Justin had dribbled on and lapped from his skin.

It was the best way to eat ice cream.

Stretching, Justin was contemplating getting up and using the restroom before trying to track his wayward husband down, when he heard a loud slam of the door. Startled, Justin sat up straight in the bed and pulled the covers up to his chest just in case it was a maid coming in to clean the room. He didn’t think it could be, as they were checking out today, but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Justin paused and furrowed his brow as he heard drawers and doors open and close and general banging about in the other room. There was a clink of plates and cutlery, which surprised him, as he didn’t recall anything other than cups in the kitchenette. Of course, he hadn’t really explored beyond that either; once he’d found the coffee and the cups, he’d been happy and didn’t need anything else.

“Brian?” Justin called out, his back growing tense when there was no answer; but he had absolutely no intentions of going out there until he was certain he knew who was in the other room. Not after the way he’d felt watched all day yesterday, no matter what reassurances Brian tried to make. “Brian, are you out there?”

Biting his lip, Justin scooted towards the edge of the bed, readying himself to flee or, at the very least, put some space between him and the other person if necessary. He tensed as he heard footsteps walk his way, and then sagged with relief when the door swung open and a familiar face came into view.

”Good morning, Sunshine,” Brian greeted, a tray in his hands.

“Asshole,“ Justin muttered softly, huffing as he flopped back onto the bed, his muscles still coiled and ready for flight despite not needing it. Brian arched a brow, but didn’t say anything as he set the tray on the bedside table, and straightened up to take his gloves and coat off. “You’re dressed?”

“Went to get breakfast,” Brian said, peeling off his layers until he was just in a long-sleeved knit shirt and a pair of well worn jeans that fit him like a glove.

Justin tilted his head to the side for a better view and couldn’t help but admire the way they fit as he bent over. His husband had always been a gorgeous man.

“I thought you might enjoy eating here instead of the restaurant today,” Brian said as he stood up once more, a smirk on his lips as he knew just what Justin had been doing.

Justin stuck his tongue out at him and crawled up the bed to lean his back against the board, letting the sheets pool in his lap. And then it was Brian’s turn to admire him as the draped sheets accented his interest. Brian licked his lips and met Justin’s eyes, his fairly smoldering with lust.

“You thought right,” Justin grinned, stretching his arms above his head and clasping the headboard as he spread his legs in invitation. “You going to join me?”

 

“Thought you’d never ask, Sunshine,” Brian grinning, shucking his clothing as fast as he could and diving back into bed with Justin.

 

Sadly, their actual breakfast had gotten cold before they'd gotten around to eating it, but that was what microwaves were for; and it took no time at all for it to heat up and for them to eat before starting the rest of their day. Which had been fun, if a bit tiring.

“What’s that smile for, Sunshine?” Brian whispered against his ear, sending a shiver tripping down his spine.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” Justin whispered back, his eyes dancing with mischief as he looked at his husband from beneath his lashes.

“Oh, I would indeed,” Brian said, pressing a small kiss to the hollow of his ear. “I do wonder if I could convince the masseuse to step out for a few moments while I persuade you to tell me what I want to know.”

Justin bit his lip to keep from groaning at the thought of Brian’s persuasion techniques, and then shook his head in exasperation.

“Like you haven’t already guessed,” Justin said with a knowing look.

“Maybe,” Brian said, resting his hand on Justin’s thigh; a bit to high to be polite. Justin bit down harder on his lip as Brian’s fingers traced small designs on the inside of his thigh, making Justin hard as a rock. Asshole. “But I do so enjoy hearing it from your lips; plus, you need to make up for denying me my treat earlier.”

Justin hissed, his cheeks coloring at the reminder, but thankfully the technician had moved away before Brian had said anything otherwise he would have kicked his ass once they were alone. Justin squirmed, scowling when Brian just chuckled and sat back thoroughly pleased with himself, making Justin wish he’d just given in earlier.

 

”This is much harder than I thought it would be,” Justin puffed, his feet feeling heavier than normal as they walked down the trail together.

On the other hand, the trees and cabins covered with snow were breathtaking and had given him all sorts of ideas that he needed to put to canvas when he had the chance. Likely after Sunbeam was born however, as he wanted to do these in oils; luckily, he’d thought to bring his digital camera and had gotten some great shots.

“I tried to warn you, Sunshine,” Brian huffed as they trudged down the trail. “But you were dead set on going. Maybe next time you’ll listen to me.”

“Doubtful,” Justin smirked, dodging when Brian tossed a handful of snow at him.

“Somehow, that doesn’t surprise me in the least,” Brian snorted, walking ahead of Justin, prompting him to take a photo of him. Brian rolled his eyes and turned away. “I gave up on trying to tell you what do a long time ago.”

“Does this mean you’ll stop trying to throw away my Twinkies?” Justin asked, tucking his camera back into his pocket.

“No,” Brian said in an implacable tone, giving Justin the hairy eyeball. “The Twinkies do not count in this scenario as you know damned well that they are bad for you. I don’t even know how you can eat those things.”

“That’s because all of your taste buds died in a mass protest years ago,” Justin blithely explained, pursing his lips in distaste. “I mean, dry turkey sandwiches? Salad with no dressing? Plain chicken breasts with a plain baked potato? I’d rather eat cardboard.”

“You probably would eat cardboard if it were edible,” Brian said, laughing and dodging as Justin dipped down and scooped up a handful of snow and threw it at him.

“Whatever,” Justin huffed, regretting the move now as it seemed to shorten his breath further. He really hadn’t thought this snowshoeing thing through.  “You know I’m right.”

“I know that you think you’re right,” Brian snickered, waiting for him at the end of a row of trees. “It’s not nearly the same thing.”

“How much further do we have to go?” Justin whined, and then grimaced because that was far too Michael-like for his liking.

“About another mile, Sunshine,” Brian smirked, but then nodded to the right when Justin grimaced again. “But, hey, we can find a place to rest for a bit if you need to. I was thinking maybe over there.”

“There’s nowhere to sit, Brian,” Justin huffed as he looked over at the copse of trees and bushes, noting there were no benches or even a fallen log to sit on.

“Oh, I’m sure I could find something for you to sit on,” Brian purred, yanking Justin back into his chest and molding his body against Justin’s.

 

“Oh, hell no,” Justin said, pulling away and hurriedly walking down the trail. “I remember what happened the last time we had sex in the snow; you were sick for a week. No way in hell am I dealing with that again.

 

Justin flushed again as his husband gave him a knowing look. But Justin just ignored him, focusing his attention on the attendant smearing a Strawberry Wine infused mask on his feet and wrapping them in plastic booties. Brian just chuckled again and went back to the magazine he was reading, a smirk on his lips.

Huffing Justin sat back and looked around the room, his eyes falling onto a brochure on the table beside him. Picking it up, he read through the various spa treatments and packages, his brow pinching when he noticed a distinct lacking in their own spa package. Not that he was complaining, but he also couldn’t resist teasing Brian about it either.

“So no waxing?” Justin asked, amusement coating his voice as he held up the brochure; and then laughed when Brian looked at him as if he’d grown another head.

“There is no way in hell that I am letting anyone get near me with hot wax outside of the bedroom, Sunshine,” Brian sneered, shuddering at the mere thought of anyone coming near him with said item. “Especially in certain areas.”

And then he smirked and leaned over, a wicked gleam in his eye that made Justin swallow thickly and realize he should have just kept his mouth shut.

“Unless you’re offering to do it yourself, Sunshine,” Brian purred next to his ear, tracing his fingers up his thigh. “If that’s the case, I’m game; I remember how much fun we had with hot wax not that long ago.”