Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

AN: So, this isn't the vignette I was planning to write today; I made an outline when I first started this story, with a day by day listing of what I wanted to cover for the first two months. But what I planned on for today, no longer inspired me like it did over a month ago during planning. So, I scrapped it for another day and just wrote. And this was the result. I hope you like it.


January 29 – 21weeks

Brian looked through the lens once more, making a few adjustments to the height of the tripod and the focus as he stared at Justin across the room. Justin huffed and continued to hold the sign on the wall, waiting to see if Brian was happy with it's placement. But even with the minor adjustments, it still wasn't fully visible.

"Lift the sign a little higher; I think about an inch should do it," Brian said a bit absently, smirking when Justin rolled his eyes and lifted by the placard the suggested distance. Brian smiled and gave Justin a thumb's up. "Perfect; I think that will do it."

Justin shook his head and pressed the light yellow placard into the wall, making sure to firmly smooth along the edges where they'd placed the blu-tack. Standing back, he stared at it critically to make sure that it was straight and then shrugged, deeming it good enough for his artistic sensibilities.

"I thought these were all supposed to be exactly the same for Gus' project?" Justin asked as he continued to study the placard, which read, '21 Weeks!' And then was filled a few random facts about Sunbeam's size and milestones.

"They are," Brian said as he adjusted the digital camera once more, swapping out one memory card for another. He carefully placed the card with all of Gus' data on it in a case and put it on the dresser, so that he didn't misplace it; but kept it readily handy, so that he could put it back in and film the thirty seconds of footage after this.

"So, what's with the sign?" Justin asked, gesturing to the placard as he quickly changed into the white t-shirt and black track pants that he'd been using for Gus' project.

"That's for our own personal collection," Brian said, smirking when Justin's head popped up and he looked at him with surprise. "I thought we could have weekly progress pictures now that you're showing. We can put them in the baby book."

"Oh," Justin whispered, his eyes watering and his lower lip trembling just a smidgen; he sniffled a little and looked away to discreetly wipe his eyes as his hormones and emotions got the better of him.

"Please tell me that those are just your allergies acting up again," Brian teased, sniggering when Justin flipped him off.

"Fuck off," Justin huffed as he walked over to stand by the placard, an annoyed look on his face; but Brian was well aware that he wasn't mad at him, just annoyed that his hormones had his emotions all over the place. "Just wait until you get pregnant and you have to deal with all these fucking hormones. It won't be so funny then."

"Who said anything about me getting pregnant?" Brian snorted, ignoring the dull ache in his heart that those words brought him; although, it wasn't as sharp as it had been when Justin and he had first started talking about having another child.

"If I have to go through this…" Justin stated testily, pointing a finger at Brian, but soon trailed off when he noticed Brian's pained expression. "Brian?"

"You know that it's not likely that I'll ever get pregnant, Sunshine," Brian said, his voice hoarse as he looked away.

And it was the truth; between his cancer and his age, not to mention all the drugs he'd done, and all the booze he'd drank when he was younger, he'd been told that he far too high of a risk for a healthy pregnancy. if he'd been told this when he was younger, he wouldn't have cared. At that point in his life, he'd never imagined himself living to see the age of thirty, let alone the age of forty-two; and settling down and having kids hadn't even been a thought in his mind.

But now, he felt definitely felt the pinch of never experiencing what Justin was experiencing.

"Not only is my age a factor," Brian continued with grimace, voicing some of his inner thoughts. "But there is also the issue of my cancer; or the radiation treatments specifically. I…I never checked, but with the location of my cancer, and...well, the likelihood that things are far too damaged down there is…"

"I know," Justin said, wrapping his arms around him, startling Brian as he hadn't even heard him move. His eyes were full of regret, but Brian just waved him off. He knew that Justin wasn't being purposely hurtful when he'd said that. "I shouldn't have said it."

"It's fine," Brian said, dropping a kiss on the top of his head; and then smirked and patted his ass in an effort to lighten the mood. "That's why I have you, my little incubator…"

"Oh, fuck off," Justin snorted, pulling out of his arms and marching back over to the taped marker on the floor. "You're such an asshole; sometimes I wonder why I put up with you."

"Because you soooooo adore me," Brian drawled in the same way a seventeen-year-old Justin used to do when they'd first met; Justin just sent him an exasperated look. "Now just stand there, smile and look pretty."

Brian chuckled when Justin flipped him off again; but he did indeed stand on his mark and smile, and looked fucking beautiful doing it. He watched his husband in awe, his camera clicking as Justin smiled and preened.

"Pull your shirt tight over your belly, Sunshine," Brian coached, waiting until Justin smoothed the shirt down and tucked it under the slight swell in his stomach. "Yeah, like that; perfect. Let's see that precious baby bump; Sunbeam is making the great debut."

Justin scrunched his nose and stuck out his tongue.

"Attractive," Brian sniggered, clicking the camera, "and forever immortalized on film."

"Bite me," Justin quipped, sticking his tongue out again.

"Later," Brian promised, snapping a few more pictures; just because he couldn't resist it. He took out the memory card and reinserted the card with Gus' data on it. "Now, take the placard down and so we can film this last bit for Gus and call it good for the day."

"Yes, sir," Justin mock saluted, reaching over to pull the sign off the wall.

"If only you were always this compliant," Brian mock lamented, sniggering when Justin scoffed. "My life would be so much easier."

"And boring as fuck," Justin snorted, setting the sign off to the side, and out of the frame, and then walking back to stand on his mark, smoothing the white t-shirt over his stomach.

"You do make life interesting, Sunshine," Brian agreed with single a nod of his head; he fiddled with the settings until he had Gus specifications set.

"I live to please," Justin said with a smile.

"And please you do," Brian leered, slowly running his eyes over his husband's body.

"Stop that," Justin complained, squirming under his heated look. "I can't have a hard-on for Gus' project and that is so not helping."

"Yes, dear," Brian sing-songed, pitching his voice into a falsetto and then sniggering once again when Justin rolled his eyes and made a rude gesture. "Okay, I'm starting in three, two, smile pretty."

Justin smiled, his hands cupping the small swell of his stomach, the shirt pulled taut to reveal the beginnings of his baby bump. Brian swallowed thickly and blinked back the tears in his eyes, dying to go over and kneel before his gorgeous husband and slid his arms around his waist and press kisses across the swell of his stomach. Something he never thought he'd ever want to do in his lifetime. But Justin had always managed to tip his world on its axis.

Smiling at the beautiful sight in front of him, Brian ticked off the last remaining seconds on the video screen and then turned the camera off.

"And that's us done for the day," he said, putting the lens cap back on and stretching.

His mind instantly turned to the things he needed to do that day at work; and for once, he didn't feel the charge he always got when he did, or the need to hurry off and get things done. For once, he really wanted to just grab Justin and drag them back to bed, and spend the morning loving him.

Sighing, Brian scrubbed his hand over his hair and turned toward the closet. Entering their walk-in, he looked up and frowned as he caught Justin staring at himself in the mirror, a pensive frown on his face. He turned to the side and smoothed the shirt over his stomach, his frown deepening as he rested a hand on the swell. He sighed and took off his shirt and once again studied himself from all sides, obviously unhappy with what he was seeing.

Brian pressed his lips together, suddenly seeing all to well what was going through his husband's mind. Clearing his throat, his frown deepened when Justin looked up, startled to see him standing there. His face smoothed and he turned from the mirror, hurriedly pulling out a set of his painting clothes from one of the shelves.

At one time, Brian would have ignored this and let Justin pretend nothing was happening; of course, he'd been an asshole then, only caring about his next fuck. But he would have turned away and not bothered to reassure the man because it would have been far too lesbionic for his tastes and he didn't do touchy-feely. Thankfully, he'd matured beyond that short-sighted mindset and he wasn't about to let this pass.

Not when he had spent the entire morning in awe of his husband's beauty.

Walking up behind Justin, he wrapped his arms around him; thankful that instead of pulling away, he sunk back into his arms and pressed his face into his shoulder and upper arm. Pressing a kiss on top of his head, Brian just held him for a minute and then turned him in his arms so that he could look into his face.

"Please tell me you're not thinking about that bullshit Michael was spouting off while at the Big Q," Brian said, sliding a finger under Justin's chin and tipping his head back.

But Justin refused to meet his eyes.

"No, of course not, I…" Justin hedged, looking anywhere but him.

"Justin," Brian said, grabbing his chin between his fingers and forcing him to meet his eyes.

"I…I'm trying not to," Justin said, a slight hitch in his voice as he tentatively met Brian's concerned gaze. He bit his lower lip. "But…"

"Justin," Brian sighed and pressed his lips to his husband's brow as he considered what he wanted to say. "Sunshine...do you have any idea how beautiful you are to me?"

"Yeah?" Justin said, a small dash of hope lighting his eyes.

"Oh, yes," Brian husked, crushing his lips to Justin's, and lingering, licking the tip of his tongue into his mouth before pulling back; he ground his already hard dick into Justin's, savoring his husband's low groan as he whispered against his lips. "You are so fucking sexy. I love looking at you and knowing, seeing, the fact that you're pregnant with my…our child."

Justin's breath hitched as Brian mouthed kisses over his neck and his bare shoulders, slowly maneuvering him back over to the mirror. He wanted Justin to see what he saw, standing there in next to the window, bathed in morning light, his hair gilded and eyes bright as stars as his hands cupped their child. The way his skin glowed, as if he were lit from within, like an angel fallen to Earth.

Brian spun Justin back around to face the mirror; Justin flinched and tried to turn away, but Brian just held firm and kept him facing the mirror, administering those soft, wet kisses over his shoulders and neck. He licked a long, wet stripe along Justin's jaw, ending at the hollow behind his ear, and then nipped the lobe as he slid his hand up to cup Justin's jaw. Gripping it, he tipped it back, so that Justin had no choice but to look in the mirror.

"What…" Justin stammered, his breath growing ragged as their gazes met and he saw the heat in Brian's. He licked his lips and swallowed thickly, his gaze anchored with Brian's, unable to look away as Brian continued to tease his jaw, neck and shoulders with his teeth, tongue and lips. "Why are you doing this?"

"Because you need to remember how fucking beautiful you are to me," Brian stated firmly, sliding his hands over Justin's chest and down to cup the swell of his stomach; and God, it still amazed him to feel that small bump under his fingers.

"Brian…" Justin whispered, his eyes falling half-mast as Brian rubbed the swell of his stomach and then one hand continued down to cup his dick. His eyes grew dark and smoky as the Brian slid his hand into his pants and wrapped around his dick.

"Look at you," Brian murmured against his ear, pressing a small kiss there; humming at the little noises Justin made in the back of his throat as he slowly stroked his dick. "So fucking beautiful that it still takes my breath away every time you walk into the room; and then when you see me and smile…yeah, that. Just like that. I can't help, but wonder how the fuck I got so lucky as to have you in my life."

"You…" Justin gasped, arching his hips into Brian's hand when Brian slowly circled thee head of his cock with his thumb before dipping under to tease the sensitive nerves there. "Are…such cornball."

"Only for you," Brian promised, pulling his hand out of Justin's pants, smirking when Justin whimpered at the loss; but then he gasped again as Brian grabbed the waistband of his pants and tugged them over his hips, and down, leaving them to pool at his feet. "Fuck. You are so fucking hot."

Spinning Justin around again, Brian ripped off his shirt and then crushed him against his body, grinding his clothed dick into Justin's. Growling at the hindrance, Brian yanked off his sweat pants and then dragged Justin closer to the wall of mirrors, tumbling them down onto the thickly carpeted floor. He maneuvered them until Justin was on his back and they were lying length-wise to the mirrors, their bodies on full display.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Justin gasped, and then groaned, his lashes fluttering when Brian covered his body with his, grinding their dicks together.

"Moving you so there is a better view," Brian murmured against his ear, rocking his hips into Justin's, their pre-come covered dicks sliding together with every thrust, until Justin was moaning and rocking back against him.

"Brian!" Justin cried, biting his lower lip as they continued to move together, pleasure zinging over Brian's nerves each time their dicks brushed and ground together. "You can't…we can't…you have to…"

"Yes, we can," Brian said, reaching up and grasping Justin's chin and turning him to face the mirror. "Because you need to see how fucking gorgeous you are; how fucking sexy I think you are." He whispered, meeting Justin's lust blown eyes in the mirror. "I love watching you. The way you writhe, the way you squirm and bite your lower lip and try so hard to hold back as I'm pounding into you."

"Brian…" Justin murmured, his eyes riveted on the sight of them moving together. Brian kissed, nipped and licked his way down Justin's body, worshiping it, all the while keeping his eyes anchored with Justin's in the mirror, so that he had no doubt just who Brian was thinking of when he fucked him.

Fucking Mikey and his fat-assed mouth; he needed to deal with that menace and soon; no one made his husband feel inferior and lived to get away with it.

"I can't think of a more erotic sight... other than when I make you come," Brian said, fumbling with his sweats, and pulling out the little bottle of lube that he'd stuck in there this morning. He screwed it open with one hand, the other still wandering over and worshiping Justin's body as it was made to be worshiped. "You in the throes of passion is one of the most exciting and stunning things I've ever experienced."

"Oh, God," Justin groaned as Brian slid two slicked fingers inside him; his body contracted and tightened around them for a moment and then gradually loosened. Brian slowly thrust his fingers in and out of Justin's body, scissoring them to stretch the muscles, teasing his fingers over his prostate every now and then.

Justin writhed, and rocked his hips, fucking himself onto Brian's fingers, trying to take them as deeply as he could. Brian watched Justin's face, entranced. His eyes were closed in bliss, lashes fluttering against flushed, sweat-kissed cheeks each time Brian dragged his fingers over his prostate; his lips were slack as he moaned and made the most delightful kittenish sounds that went straight to Brian's dick.

Groaning, Brian pulled his fingers free, ignoring Justin's hiss of disappointment and generously lubed himself up before sliding into his husband. Justin cried out and arched his back. His body constricted around Brian's dick and it was all he could do not to fucking come right then and there. Panting into Justin's neck, he held himself very still, both to give Justin a chance to adjust and to give himself a chance to calm down.

"Open your eyes; look at yourself, Sunshine," Brian commanded, his breath hot and harsh against Justin's ear. Justin's eyes fluttered open and met his in the mirror once more, both sets blown wide and lust-drunk. "Really look at yourself and realize that I have never seen such a bewitching sight in my life."

Justin groaned and shifted his hips, making Brian clench his hands into his waist, hard enough to bruise. Gasping Brian began to move his hips, thrusting into Justin with long, slow strokes, angling to himself so that he scraped over his prostate with every glide. He slid in and out of his husband's body until Justin was met his every thrust, his legs clenched around Brian's waist and his cries echoing in his ears.

Sweat-kissed skin slid against sweat-kissed skin, ratcheting up the tension and pleasure between the two of them until their bodies were taut, coiled and screaming for release. Reaching between them, Brian wrapped his hand around Justin's dick, stroking him in time to his thrusts, until Justin jerked and stiffened beneath him as he came, crying out Brian's name as he spilled between them.

And once again Brian was entranced.

"Fucking gorgeous," he whispered as he watched Justin's face go slack with pleasure, his lashes fluttering and a small smile flitting across his face at his words.

And then he was lost as he continued to thrust into his husband's body, chasing his own release until the coiled heat in his stomach broke free and the world whited-out around him. Clutching his hands Brian thrust a few more times, riding out his orgasm, before slumping against Justin, spent and sated.

Nuzzling his face against Justin's, and Brian pressed a small kiss against his neck, his jaw and finally his lips and whispered, "Never doubt that you are totally, utterly and completely fucking gorgeous to me."

And Justin smiled against his lips, one of those bright, sunshine smiles that had always captivated him, and returned the kiss.

Chapter End Notes:

For those curious, I cast Helen Mirren as Lucille Brown, Leo's wife.