Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

The gang’s all here.

 

Five months later…

Bree, Justin, and Cynthia breezed into Brian’s office with ear-to-ear grins on their faces. Bree buzzed him on the cheek and Justin dropped into his partner’s lap and planted a sloppy kiss on his mouth.

 

“Hey Daddy B, I’ve got something amazing to show and tell you. Before I spill and let the cat out of the bag, tell me, who’s your favorite daughter?”

 

“As far as I know, you are or do I have any more long-lost offspring I need to claim?”

 

“You’re hilarious. But listen, as you know, I volunteer two evenings as an instructor for the self-defense class at the GLC. Gotta keep my edge because I don’t want all this fineness you see before you to turn to flab now that I’m legit and have a desk job.”

 

“Yes, that is true and I recall giving you the same speech I give Theodore every other week. Don’t screw up my company or I have your balls and fire you in a New York minute.”

 

Two weeks ago, Bree sashayed into Kinnetik to model her cap and gown. Brian called Ted into his office and asked the delighted girl if she was ready to sign her new hire paperwork.

 

‘Bree’ahna, one of these days, I hope you, Sunshine, and your little brother are going to help me run the company. You need to know the ins and outs of every department…legal, sales, art, financial etc. Delegate when you need to but at the same time, you must keep your finger on the pulse of everything that is going on to run a business successfully.’ 

 

Bree was nearly vibrating with excitement. “Anywho, at the end of class the other night, one of the parents introduced me to this guy who owns a chain of dojos.  Mr. Turner asked me if I wanted a job but of course, I told him I work for Kinnetik, the best advertising boutique on the East coast. Then, I asked him who does his advertising and if he wanted to improve his sales.

 

He mentioned that he came into some money recently and wanted to grow his business. He’s got chain of six karate dojos all over the northeast. He told me that his website could use some updating and was thinking about investing in a couple commercials and maybe a billboard or two. I told him Kinnetik could help him. At first, I figured I would give the guy him a company card, try to get some basic contact info from him to see if he was serious, and then pass him over to you. But then, a light bulb went on in my head and I decided I would try to bag him on my own.

 

So, with help from Cynthia and Papa J…who did the art for my boards after I swore him to secrecy with the promise of your firstborn grandchild…we put together a pitch and showed Mr. Turner what we could do for him in the different forms of media available to fit his budget. And voila Boss, I have here in my hot little hands a signed contract waiting for you to give the stamp of approval. We got him for three years. I landed my first account! Go me.”

 

Bree yanked Justin from Brian’s lap and the duo did a happy dance all over the office.

 

“I think you’re gunning for my job so I better watch my back. Seriously, you’ve done good Bree’ahna. I am proud of you for the hard work and initiative you put into landing this account. Good job.” Brian shook the girl’s hand and pulled her in for a hug.

 

Bree waggled a finger under Brian’s nose. “Don’t even try to stiff me on my sign-up bonus, Boss. Ted has taken me under his wing and I have learned how to crunch the numbers with the best of ‘em. That check will give me plenty of cash to buy souvenirs for the entire family when we fly out to Ibiza next week after my graduation.

 

Daphne and I have been packed for a week and our bags are sitting by the door. Before the ink is dry on my diploma, I intend to be lounging on the beach working on my tan. I am so excited I could just scream. Let’s hit the town and celebrate by pigging out on something absolutely delicious.”

 

One week later…

 “ConGradulations, Miss Bree! You did it, Girl! I told you the tassel was worth the hassle!”

 

“Thanks, Auntie Em.” The girl was deluged with balloons, flowers, cash gifts, and well wishes.

 

Bree gave Lindsay and Mel a hug and placed her cap on Gus’ head. “We are all so proud of you, Young Lady.”

 

Emmett, Leilani, Debbie, Jennifer, Claire, and Joanie sniffled and passed a box of Kleenex back and forth.

 

Brian rolled his eyes and shook his head. He was still trying to deal with the fact that thanks to Bree’ahna’s machinations, bullying, and shaming, he was subjected to socializing with his mother, sister, and the devil’s spawn nephews on a regular basis.

 

Brian snorted derisively, “Okay, all of you with the Kleenex fetish, mop your faces dry and re-apply your war paint. We have reservations for the entire family at the Four Seasons. Let’s mount up and ride out before they give our private room away.”

 

The concierge met the huge party upon arrival and escorted them to the private dining area. “Kinney party of twenty, I presume. Congratulations on your daughter’s matriculation, Sir. I hope you all enjoy your meal.”

 

Brian stood up and tapped a wine glass to get everyone’s attention. “Listen up gang, I have an announcement to make. Bree’ahna I’m sorry to say there was another gift for you but we had to leave it at the loft because we were running late for your ceremony. Sunshine is the blame, of course.”

 

“As if! Don’t try to throw me under the bus, Big Guy. Everyone in this banquet room knows you primp more than a bride on her wedding day.”

 

Bree clapped her hands and squealed like a piglet. “Oooohhh! Another gift for little ole me? What it is? Can I have a hint? I‘m being greedy but I just loooovvvve me some gifts! Hey Daph, I need you and Papa J to get over here and hold Daddy B down so I can tickle him until he spills.”

 

“I’ll disown the three of you if you make me piss myself because these pants are from the Prada Spring Collection and I waited two weeks for it to be delivered.

 

Hey Theodore, would you and Emmy Lou re-start the graduation video on the projection screen from the very beginning. There’s something special on the tape that my daughter needs to see.”

 

On the screen, in front of the loft was a brand new red Jeep covered with silver and black bows and streamers. Michael was at the wheel and Brian, Justin, Daphne, Leilani, and Tony waved and blew kisses at the camera.

 

“There you go, Bree’ahna. I hope you love it. When your dad Tony and I ordered this for you, he assured me that you’ve wanted one ever since you were a toddler and that red was your favorite color. Do you want to keep it or should we send it back?”

 

Bree screamed and lunged at Brian and Tony.  “I love you guys. Omigod, you shouldn’t have but I love it! Taylor, Daphne I thought we guys were tight? How could you two have kept this from me?”

 

“Daddy B, you and Dad are two of my favorite fathers. I want you to remember that when you’re both old and decrepit but still smokin’ hot, you can count on me to take good care of you. Scout’s honor.”

 

Tony clapped Brian’s shoulder. “Thanks for all you’ve done for our daughter, Brian. She’s happy, healthy, and safe. That is all that matters to me and her mom.”

 

“It was my pleasure, Tony. Bree’ahna is a special girl and with our help, she’ll make her mark in this world.”

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Well, that’s all folks! I am going to miss updating this story, but THURSDAY’S CHILD is a wrap. I hope all of you guys enjoyed reading this story as much as I loved writing it. Who knows, maybe I will revisit this universe one day…

Thanks for all the reviews, likes, and encouragement. Later.