Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Story Notes:

There is no Justin is in this first chapter but he will show up in the next one.

I wrote an eight chapter outline for this short story over a year ago and the time has come to share. I will try to post updates weekly.

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Let's just call it what it is...a summer fling thing.

August 30, 1986

15-year old Brian Kinney smoothed a bit more product through his long dark hair.

“Not bad, Kinney.” He smirked and kissed his own reflection in the bathroom mirror.

 

“Going somewhere, Brian? I don’t think so.” Claire, his 18-year-old sister and arch nemesis, blocked the doorway. “Didn’t Dad ground you until school starts next week?  I’ll keep my mouth shut but it’s gonna cost you.”

 

Brian pushed past his sibling. “Not as much as it’s gonna cost you to keep me from ratting you out, Miss Skank. I wonder what Jack would do if he knew where you went and who you did two nights ago.”

 

“Why are you always spying on me? No wonder I can’t stand the sight of you. I hope you know that I hate your stinking guts, Brian Kinney. Why don’t you get a life?”

 

“Right back at you, Big Sis. I’d love to chat but my ride’s here. Later.”

 

Brian ran down the stairs and out of the door to the car idling at the curb.

 

 “Hey Bri my man, you showed up.  I thought you were gonna leave a brother hanging. Sweet!” 

 

“You know me better than that, Floyd. Thanks for the invite and the ride. But I’m hearing this party is for seniors so I hope nobody gives me a hard time.”

 

“You’re with me so don’t worry about it, it’s all good.  The party we are going to is about 15 minutes from Pittsburg.  As you know, it’s really a lake that the city turned into a man-made beach.  We’re here so grab those two six-packs. It’s our contribution but I intend to drink at least one of them all by myself.”

 

Brian and Floyd sauntered over to the group of young girls.

 

“So  Slick, don’t be shy. You see anything you like? I can do an intro for you cuz I’m down with all these lovely ladies. Most of us go all the way back to elementary school.”

 

Brian watched as a bevy of scantily clad young things splashed into the water. A tall bronze beauty with braids down to her butt adorned with shells and wood beads stood at the water’s edge. She and several of her girlfriends insisted that they had no intention of ruining their new swimsuits or hair with sand and salt water.

 

“Yo Floyd, how about her? That girl is hot!”

 

“Well, I didn’t know you were into Sista girls, Slick. That’s Leilani. Hey Lani, come meet my boy, Slick.  He’s new in town so I need for you to take care of him ‘cuz I gotta bounce for a minute. I see someone I need to catch up with.”

 

Leilani strolled over to the two boys and kissed Floyd on the cheek. “Hey babe, lookin’ good. Don’t worry about your boy, he’s in good hands. See you in a bit.”  The girl’s bottle green eyes scanned Brian from head to toe.  “Well aren’t you a pretty one. You are almost as brown as I am, but my tan isn’t seasonal.  So, you wanna dance, Ace? What do you do for fun? No prob, we’ll think of something. Let’s get you a drink and then we can get this party started. Time is wasting…”

 

Several of Leilani’s entourage converged on the dancing duo but she sent them packing. “I’m going to need every last one of you heifers to back off because I’m not in a sharing mood. This one is all mine…”

 

“So Ace, while you sitting there staring at your girl, why don’t you take a picture so that it will last longer.”

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to, but you’re like totally hot!”

 

“You are sweetheart so it’s okay. I’ve been told I look exotic because it’s not every day that you see a Sista girl with red hair that doesn’t come out of a bottle or green eyes that aren’t contacts.  But I do get tired of people asking me all the time: what are you mixed with?  As if I were part cat and part dog or a rum and coke. Hey, I sure can use one of those, Ace. How about you?”

 

“Lead the way, Princess.”

 

“Welcome to my first and last bash of Senior year. I hope you’ve been having a good time. What’s your name again, Stud? I haven’t seen your pretty face up in this neck of the woods before.” She supplied him with food and drinks completely unaware that the lanky good-looking brunet was a 15-year-old kid, not a rising senior.

 

Brian rolled his lips into his mouth and gave the girl a sexy smirk. “Me and my folks moved to the Pitts not too long ago.” Brian drained the red cup, rose to his feet and held his hand out to Leilani. “So Sexy Lady, do you wanna dance with me again?”

 

 They return to bumping and grinding to the music blaring from the speakers in one of the partygoers’ truck.  When they have exhausted themselves the teens decide to relax and partake of more beverages and an additional joint or two.

 

Leilani draped herself over Brian’s prone body as he exhaled several perfect smoke rings into the air. “Sooo, Man of Few Words, you’re a senior, you’re new in town, you like to party and what else do you like to do for kicks and giggles? ”

 

Brian rolls the girl beneath his body. “What we were doing earlier is all the fun I need.” Between the copious servings of booze and grass, Brian was flying high. Leilani suggested that they take to the water because it was beastly hot and skinny dipping would definitely provide relief.

 

“Sounds cool to me.” Brian pulled his tee over his head, grabbed the girl’s hand, and they sprinted to the refreshing water.

 

Brian woke with his arms wrapped around a warm soft body. When he decided to crash this party, he hadn’t really thought about getting with a girl. But some of the guys were watching her come on to him and Brian wanted to get off on the right foot with these native males. So he allowed the heckling from the guys to motivate him to step up to the Leilani and wind his arms around her.  She was really cute, smelled great, and was very willing. So why not sample the goods that were so freely offered?

 

Brian whispered to Leilani that it was time to rise and shine. He handed her the few pieces of clothing they tossed aside earlier and they dressed. It was nearly three in the morning.

.

“You know something, Stud? I like you and I wish that things were different and we that we would have more time to really get to know each other. But my people are moving to California and I guess I have to go along with them.”  The laser green eyes fill with tears and the girl began to sob drunkenly.  “I’m going to miss you and all my friends sooooo much! Do you want to meet later on today, Ace? Ummm, sorry, what’s your name again?”

 

Brian smiled and shook his head.  He didn’t remember her name either but he wasn’t going to share that little tidbit of information. “No problem, Floyd is waiting for me so I need to get back to my side of town. Maybe we’ll meet up again before you leave.” He gave the girl a brief kiss on the cheek. “It’s been real and thanks for showing me a great time.  Later.”

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment/review. I would love to hear what you think of this first chapter.