Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Things worked out wonderfully for us at the end. The only side effect that I suffered from my cancer treatment was that my stomach couldn't handle food for a while, it took me at least a year until I could eat like a normal person. Thankfully, I had Jen with me, the whole time. She came during the weekends with various tapers for the week, it seems that Sunshine told her about my disastrous abilities in the kitchen. Other than that I have a plastic ball attached to my body now. I still feel insecure about that, not that I'll ever admit it out loud. On the other hand, it helped the fact that the only man I'd ever want to see my balls from now on still thinks I'm perfectly imperfect.  


Talking about Sunshine, he stayed in New York for another year and a half. However, this time he kept on visiting us during each vacation he had. I flew Gus with me for  some surprise visits as well, and for every art show he participated in. He gained some kind of reputation in the art world, for being the young rising star of the moment and for his art full of sensuality. Not to mention, that his main topic is sexuality. Not just sex, but also about being true to yourself. About showing the other side of the world, no more hetero shit. Gays, pans, bis, trans, that world that people turn a blind eye to, right into their snobby faces. Not only the good things, but also all the margination that we suffer. My Justin knows how to throw a punch and make a stand. I couldn't be prouder.


However, a decision I do not support is the choice he made of coming back to Pittsburgh after graduating. Lindsay convinced me that he was better off in New York to conquer the art world. Especially after how great he was doing as a student, now as an artist, he could rule in a short time. At least, that's what she said. Of course, that only caused a big fight with a furious Justin, who couldn't understand why everyone thinks they can mangle in our lives. At the end, he announced that New York is not leaving and the art world will still be there a decade from here. But the chance of watching our children grow and be with me, is a one life time chance. Also, he asked me what he would paint when his muse is in Pittsburgh. That made me unbelievably happy, we ended up making the decision of moving to New York when Kinnetik was ready to take the Big Apple.  


Talking about children, yes children, as in two. Justin gave the girls his consent about sharing another baby between our two families. As long as, the deal was offered: the new baby would stay during the weekends with us, alongside with Gus. Sunshine would maintain his rights to his child, and Lindsay and I to be it's legal guardian. Also, winter vacations were spent in our home and a month of their summer vacations would be ours. Like this the girls will have them the majority of the year, without us feeling left out. The munchers surprisingly didn't make much of a fuss and gladly accepted. We planned it so the baby would come soon after Justin returned from New York. It is a girl, our little princess, our Moon Beam. We couldn't even more excited, both of our families won the lottery. One child of each sex, and all of us at least related to one by blood. Not that the latter really mattered, we all loved both of them equally, even if there is no blood relation at all.


Things couldn't be better for our family. Everything was perfect. Especially now that both of our remaining bachelors- Emmy Lou and Teddy- were showing signs of finding a partner to settle down with. I never thought I would be happy for something like that, the Stud of Liberty Avenue was all for being forever single and not getting attached to nothing. Now I was a family man and couldn't be happier... Justin really did a number on me and I wouldn't change a thing.


My Sunshine was taken from me once, but it was what we needed to grow and go back to the place where we belong, right into each other's arms.