Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Brian:

I don't know how I maneged to, but I was able to return to my office without a sunshine smile broke into my face. However, as soon as I was out of peeping eyes and ears, I punched the air and let out a breathless chuckle. I couldn't believe my luck, I was able to change the timeline and meet my sunshine earlier, but it'll be more difficult now to make him act on his attraction. I remember our first time together perfectly, he was so nervous and hesitant. Justin almost didn't accept coming on with me! Now that I am kind of his boss, he'll be even more hesitant, he might even see it as me forcing my power over him... maybe I can ask him to tutor Hunter the days he isn't working here. After everything he went trough Hunter won't be able to go to school, and even if he did, he'll be bullied because he is a bit behind with his studies. After my sunshine gains my son's trust- which he will this time, especially since there is no Michael badmouthing my Sunshine- I can move his studies sessions from my office to my loft. Then he'll start seeing me as a normal man, a father, and not his boss. It will be a game to see how good I am biding my time, but at the end the prize will be worth it. Also, Justin isn't even out to his parents yet. Justin isn't ready to give me his first time, so I still have enough time left if my plan doesn't work.

 

I made a quick call to the police station, informing them about the illegal stuff that's been going in there and then went to work. I had make sure Martin belief in me stays, so I would get that promotion to New York and to make it to partner. Also, I had to start making money fast. Justin will graduate this year and the bastard of his father won't pay him for his art studies. Maybe I could convince Justin to secure his trust funds, put them on his name. I remember him complaining about what an asshole his father was for stopping him from accessing his funds, which were created by his grandparents. That money truthfully was his, but for being gay he suffered like he did. I'll make sure this time things change... maybe his grandparents are still alive now and might see reason to change the name of the adult responsible for the trust fund. But that's for later, his sperm donor still doesn't suspect that his son is a queer and won't try to steal money that isn't his... yet.

 

I was so concentrated on my work that I didn't notice the time, until Cynthia entered my office to remind me about my lunch date with Mel. After checking on Hunter to see that everything was fine, I headed towards the deli nearby the company. During my walk I decided to call Emmet, I was going to have a little fun with Michael tonight: "To what do I own the pleasure of having Big Bad calls me in the middle of his working hours?" he asked me when he picked his phone, a sarcastic shit as always.

 

"Well, just letting you know that tonight Babylon will be closed for sure. But it isn't for you to let the guys know you aren't going... I want you to organize with them to meet there tonight. Tell Michael that I am going- even if I'm not- or otherwise he might not come. I will also need for you to ask Ted to give you a ride there, but stall him when he gets to your new apartment. I don't know what shit you'll invent, but I don't want neither of you there. What I want is for Michael to be the idiot he's always been and wait for me at the bar with drugs ready- bought from Annie, a well known drug dealer in Liberty. What I want is for him to be arrested for drug possession and rot in the police station's cell until Ted bails him out. Because we know he will, after all he still believes he's in love with Michael" I ordered him. I knew I was being bad... but Justin wouldn't have died if it wasn't because of Michael. For that he has to pay... and I'll enjoy the torture I'll put him through these years before disappearing on him forever-which will finally destroy.

 

"You are bad Bri... I like it" he replied "Don't worry, I'll make the preparations."

 

"Don't call me that" I hissed, stopping "Only Justin gets to call me that!" I warned him.

 

"Sorry..." he apologized, I couldn't stay mad at him when he sounded so sad- as a kicked puppy.

 

"It's ok... just don't do it again" I assured him "Talking about Sunshine..."

 

"What's wrong with my baby?!" he demanded to know rapidly, I could easily tell how close to tears he was.

 

"Relax Emmy Lou" I laughed amused at how quick he was to bring his drama queen out. Then I proceeded to tell him everything about my morning experience "See, I told you there was nothing to worry about"

 

"Oh, we'll have baby back so soon! Don't screw things up this time Kinney!" He threatened me " I want my baby back, and this time I won't let you hurt him or scare him away. Understood?"

 

"Yes, sir yes. Now I have to go, I must convince Mel that I am not Satan's spawn so I won't have to take her to court for my visitation rights over Gus" I told him, before ending the call without even waiting for his answer.

 

"Well, look who has graced me with his presence" I almost forgot how much malice could Mel put in her words when she spat them at me. 

 

"How are you Mel? It's been a while, hasn't it?" I asked her politely, almost gently. I knew that would throw her off her game and confuse her enough to let me have the upper hand "You see Mel, you don't hate. At least not really. I don't hate you either, you are an amazing woman. One of the strongest and most incredible persons I know" I sat down in the seat in front of her "But, why are you so oppose to like me?" I asked her, even if I knew the answer and also knew that she didn't do it to her.

 

"Because... because you win everything! You are always between me and Lindsey!" She exclaimed... and it hurt. Now I am able to admit it and it hurts to know that the one I considered as one of my closest friends thinks like this about me. But I also knew that she doesn't really think like that either.

 

"Are you sure? When did I get between Lindsey and you? Was it when she asked me to pay for your wedding, because her parents wouldn't? I did that because you are my friends, I do that kind of stuff for friends. Firstly because it's the only way I know to show I care... at least for now. I also considered it like my wedding present for both of you. Was it the time she asked me to buy you the house you are living now? I did that because she came to me and begged me to help you out, because you didn't have the money. You know how bad I am with tears, especially if they come from Lindsey. You are too! It wasn't me trying to humiliate you, or trying to take your place next to Lindsey.  It was just a loan without taxes, I told Lindsey that the money I gave you isn't a gift. You have to pay me back whenever you can" by her startled expression I guess Lindsey never told her that "Was it all those times you both had a fight and Lindsey always came running to me, for a friendly shoulder to cry on? What would you have done if Ted came to you sad because he had a fight with his partner?" I saw her startled expression, as if she wasn't expecting this. But I also see recognition in her eyes, she knew what I was saying is true "You know what the problem in your relationship Mel, it isn't me. But you both keep pushing your problems away and believing that nothing is wrong in your relationship. You blame me because you can't accept that the real problem is that Lindsey is unable to see that she doesn't respect you enough to stop putting us against each other for attention. And she has to stop believing that I am the answer to all her problems, that I am the only one she can lean on. She has to start seeing that you are her partner, she has to lean on you and that when she has a problem she has to go to you"

 

"You know the funny thing... you the one I always blamed for all her mistakes is the one helping me in my relationship" she chuckled humourlessly "Why does she love you and not me?" Her tone was so sad that it even shocked me.

 

"She doesn't love me... at least not like that. Look, her parents have always compared her to her older sister. Made her strive to be perfect, to be the best and never lean on anyone. Also, the WASP society isn't healthy either. She was hurt just like me Mel, the only difference is that I took that pain and made sure I never cared about what others said about me. Her traumas were deeper than that, she became dependent on what others thought of her. She has to be the perfect teacher, the perfect manager, the perfect friend, the perfect wife... and now the perfect future-mother. That's why she took me under her wing after we met, she looked at me and saw a little brother. Someone she could protect and cherish as she whished her sister had done the same with her. She goes to me because she sees herself in me, I can relate to her childhood. After all, we are both abuse survivors. None of our parents wanted us" I explained to her "Do you really want me to be our child's father? Because if not, then you have to decide that before it's too late. Or otherwise we can see ourselves in a tricky situation, your bad opinion about me will then affect our so... child. He... or she will see how his or hers Momma doesn't like his or her Daddy and tries to keep them away from him. That will affect him, us, the family. That's why you both need to fix your problems before Lindsey gets pregnant... or you might bring a child into a home that will end up being broke. You also need to know that I expect to keep full rights to my child- which won't mean you won't have yours- and will want them to stay three days a week with me. We can arrange vacations later. I want to be part of my child's life, and I promise I won't keep you out just because there is no blood relation. You know I keep my promises, and I promise you that you'll be our child's Momma and no one will ever take that away from you" I gave her my word "What do you say about waiting for another three months? In the meanwhile you both can go each to a psychologist and together to a relationship counselor"

 

"Who did you meet Brian?" Her question froze me.

 

How the hell can I answer that without sounding as a pedophile?! I screamed in my head.