Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Justin:


Many things changed since we moved to New York, mostly good but there were also many tears...


During our third year at the Big Apple, Brian finally fulfilled his plan, finally owning most of the shares of Ryder's Advertising company- which he later dubbed Kinnetick- with Ted and Cynthia by his side. One would think that after finally achieving his dream his work load would decrease. That he would stop ignoring his family and pay more attention to his sons... to me. That’s the only thing that kept me going during those cold nights on my own that we spent apart. The only thing that kept me from believing my insecurities, of jealousy thinking that Brian would cheat on me... go back to his promiscuous past.


After all, he did propose to me after one year of living together. Mr. NO COMITMENT took me to Paris and London for our honeymoon! I thought that would be proof enough that I was the only man he would ever want in his life and in his bed... but after that, he stopped coming to family dinners. He stopped going to Hunter’s school events. He spent many night at his office... or at least, he said he did. Who knows maybe I am as blind to my husband’s infidelity as my mother was with my father’s?


I didn’t really care about him forgetting my birthday or our anniversary, I didn’t care about being the one who reminded him about his sons’ birthdays, I didn’t care about swallowing my complains and seeing that marriage with my perfect husband wasn’t what I dreamed it would be, I didn’t care because it kept the smiles on Gus and Hunter’s faces. Because my sons grew up with a smile always on their faces. That is something that made me immensely happy.


However, one day I was called by Hunter’s school’s dean’s office. My worry beat my anger at Brian when he told me to take care of it, acting as if work was more important than our son. I rapidly drove their, cursing New York’s trafic under my breath. When I got there, my worst nightmares were coming true. Hunter’s past caught up with him. It seems that his new teacher was one of his biological mother’s dealers and he rapidly recognized Hunter as that whore’s son, the one that got one of his friends in prison because he almost raped my son. 


The son of a bitch ended up trying to rape my son, giving him many more traumas that he will have to deal with his psychologist. Luckily, one of his friends had forgotten something in the classsroom and got there in time to save Hunter. The police had already taken the son of a bitch into custody. The whole school board was there and apologized profoundly for the accident, promising that it will never happen again. They even gave Hunter permission to be absent from school until he was ready to come back.


I took my son back home and stayed by his side until he fell asleep. Afterwards, I arranged dates with his psychologist and found defense classes for him. So, if something like this ever happenes again he would be able to defend himself. I then tried calling Brian, but he never answered. That... that was the drop that spilled the glass.


I made sure that Hunter was still asleep and then packed Brian’s stuff. I wanted him out of my home, he didn’t belong there anymore. I even called Mel and asked her to prepare divorce papers. If this was what being married to Brian was, I no longer want to be his husband. My children don’t need a father like that. 


It broke my heart, cause Bri was my first evrything and my everything. But I also knew I deserved more... my sons deserved more. 


When the bags were packed I broke down into tears, my anguished sobbs miraculously did not wake Hunter up. And I thanked God that it wasn’t our day to have Gus, that will make things easier. I just wish that telling the kids will be easy.


Brian:


I did not get home until midnight. I was worried about Hunter ever since the phone call we received but someone had to stay back at Kinnetick as there was too much work to do today. I also knew that Sunshine would have evrything under control, he always does. He is simply perfect like that.


I expected to be received by a sad Hunter who I had to comofrt. Our son can never conceal the sleep when he is sad and doesn’t have me by his side. So, you would know my surprise when I found bags with all my clothes outside the door of our penthouse and that my keys were not working.


He changed the locks? I thought shocked, not believing what was going on. He couldn’t be kicking me out... what the hell is going on?!


I knocked the door like a mad man and rang the door bell many times, but all I received was silence as a response. It was only when I found a white envelope inside one of my bags that I knew what was going on. 


Inside the envelope there was an extensive letter with all the details about what I’ve been doing wrong ever since I married Justin. I felt guilt and disappointment, thinking that I had changed and was doing right by him- that I no longer was the asshole of before. I felt rage when I found out what that son of a bitch almost did to my son, making a mental note to hire the best laywers and make him face a life sentence. I felt my herat break when I found the divorce papers already signed by my husband.


This could not be happening... this must be a nightmare... I cannot be losing him again... not after what I lived in that prophecy... that damn prophecy that showed me I can’t live without my Sunshine by my side.


I wanted to kick the door down and beg for his forgiveness, but I also knew he needed time. That he was suffering as much, if not more, as I was. So, I simply picked my bags and drove to Ted’s apartment. He just looked at me- with my face showing how devasted I was and carrying many bags- and simply moved to let me inside. He guided me to his guest room and left me on my own, knowing how much I needed the silence right now. 


That night I cried until I fell asleep for the first time since the day I received the prophecy, promising to myself that I was going to win my family back no matter the cost.