Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Melanie:


When we entered the loft, I soon noticed that we were the last ones that came. Ted, Blake, Cynthia, Jennifer, Molly, Daphne and even Justin's friend, Chris, were already at the dinner table. I didn't really care, but my wife would. Plus her pregnancy hormones, I really hope she doesn't make a big deal about it.


"Mel, Lindsay, it's good to see you again. How have you been?" Justin, being the polite WASP, he is, asked us.


"Good. Thank you for inviting us. How are you?" Lindsay replied.


One of these days I am sure they'll end up having a WASP battle. I thought, amused by this two- from Brian's expression I could see he was entertained by them as well.


"Can you please tell us what are we all doing here?" Cynthia was the one who finally addressed the elephant in the room.


"Cutting through the bullshit like always, eh, Cynthia" Brian commented, shaking his head slightly "A few weeks ago I was summoned to Martin's office, for those who don't know, he is my boss and owner of Ryder's Advertising company. In other words, my boss. It seems like he is planning on opening a branch in New York and he promoted me to be the head of it. I want to take Ted and Cynthia there with me, to be my right and left hand. To sum up, I was promoted and I am promoting both of you" he explained.


Soon we were all congratulating them, but once the euphoria ha calmed down concern began to slip through the cracks.


"What about Justin?" Jennifer demanded to know, worried that her son's first love would end up in a heartbreak.


"What about us?" Daphne and Chris asked at the same time, surely not liking the idea of their best friend so far away.


"What about the baby?" Lindsay's question echoed over them all, silencing everyone.


The baby. What will he do with his father so far away?


"Calm down everyone! Bri, would have never simply dropped a bomb like this on you without already dealing with the rest" Justin tried to calm all of us down "Mom, I am going to New York with him. I was already accepted into Pratt University for a major in graphic arts and Brian got me a job as an assistant in his art department. We even have the perfect school for Hunter. We'll be back during winter holidays, for the festivities, and a few weeks during summer break. Daph, Chris, I'll keep in contact with you guys. We will still be friends. You'll both follow me in a year anyways. Wasn't your dream to study to be a doctor in Columbus, Daph? And I am sure that Chris wouldn't let you go that easily, the NYU has a good business administration program from what I've heard" his friends smiled at him, it was a truly heartwarming scene "Cynthia, Ted, Brian had already searched and found good apartments for both of you. They are in a good location, near the building the new branch will be. He, also, found a place where you can continue your studies Blake, so there will be nothing that will get between both of you" Blake smiled at Sunshine, while holding my best friend's hand over the table.


"The baby... well, now that's a tricky question" continued Brian "My plan is to in four years make the branch in New York a success and earn enough profit to buy the company over. Martin is already planning on making me his successor, he'll give me 40% of the shares to me- that will make a total of 50% for me. However, as he'll retire after this he'll need to sell the other fifty. He'll wait for me until I am able to buy thirty of them, the other twenty I will have Ted and Cynthia buying them. In four years I plan to come back to Pittsburgh, this has always been and will be the base of operation... and our home" he smiled at his boyfriend and son, who smiled right back at him.


"What we are about to ask is selfish and big... but we hope you both we'll take it into consideration" Justin cut off, trying to sweeten what surely will be a bitter request.


"We want you two... three, to come with us. Lindsay is already planning on taking a year off after the baby's birth, which will give her enough time to find a teaching job. It's New York for God's sake, there must be something out there. Mel you can work for us, these four years will be tough that's for sure. We will need a lot of legal advice and representation. The place that I had bought has a twin building, not very far away, they'll give you a discount for it. We can work it out... that's of course, if you want" everyone stilled once Brian finished talking, wanting to know what will be our answer.


All eyes were on me, for one second I cursed Brian inside my head. That son of a bitch surely had done this on purpose, to make me look like the bad one in front of everyone. But then I counted till ten and tried to put myself in his shoes, I realized I would have done the same. It helped that Lindsay didn't immediately replied with a yes. I know how much living in New York excites her, it has always been her dream. However, the new Lindsay discusses things with me to reach an agreement.


I was about to ask for time to think, the offer was a very good one- no wonder Brian is so successful, he is good at what he does-, but before I could even open my mouth Emmett burst into the loft.


"What the fuck are you doing here?!" demanded to know Brian, anger turning into concern when he noticed the crazed look our friend was wearing.


"Everyone is getting the hell out of here now! The place is about to explode!" Emmett screamed, making no sense at all.


However, Brian seemed to believe him and rushed us all out of the loft. In record time we were all outside the building with other tenants. Nothing seems to happen, I started to think that Emmet had gotten it all wrong and was just being the drama queen he is.... when it happened.


A bomb exploded...


Later, the police told us that the origin of the explosion came from Brian's loft and that this terrorist attack took thirteen lives. It almost gave me a heart attack... Lindsay and our baby could have died. Emmett later testified that he heard Michael's plan of putting a bomb in the loft while Brian was out in a family dinner, cause for him Brian would never have a family dinner at the loft- that's simply too domestic for him- and Justin is not family so he would be there. His plan all along was to kill Sunshine and get the old Brian back.


I think I threw up when Emmett told us, I invited that man to our house and he even touched Lindsay's belly... that was all I needed.


Once everything was settled in court (I'm still shocked at how demented Debbie and Michael were till the end, she was charged for accessory as she told no one about her son's crimes claiming it was all Brian's fault for making her dear Mickey believe they could have been something) I went to the hotel the Kinneys' were staying at and told them we agreed to the move to New York. We just needed to get the hell out of Pittsburgh for a while, Lindsay had already enough stress during her pregnancy.S