Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Brian:


I sighed tiredly, as I entered the loft. Having to escape Liberty Avenue was something I never thought I would have to do. But then again, never a secret like this was exposed for everyone to meddle about.


I really didn't want them all to know so soon. Justin was still only sixteen, barely legal. The troubles, it would bring him... bring me with Lindsey and Melanie. But at least now the Avenue knows that if they mess with him, there would be catastrophic consequences. This way, maybe Sunshine's future troubles will lessen at least a bit.


Talking about Justin, I did not expect him to be waiting for me on his day off. Before I could ask him what the fuck was going on, I noticed two things that gave me a sense of deja vu:


One- there were bags next to the loft's door.


Two- Justin was crying.


"Sunshine..." he got startled by my voice, then turned to look at me with those big teary blue eyes "Oh, Sunshine"


I wasn't one for sentimental crap, but this time he needed me. The only thing I had to do was open my arms and he was leaping towards me. I caught him in a bear hug, murmuring that everything was going to be all right. That Hunter and I will be there for him. Trying to keep all the anger I felt at his parents for kicking a sixteen year old out of the house just because he was gay.


He ended up falling asleep against me. Which left me with the job of undressing him, getting him on his pyjamas and laying him next to me;  on my bed. Of course, things could never be so simple. I had to get a call from Lindsey, surely to bitch me about how unfair it was that she was the last to know about the small family I managed to form on my own.


Is it that they can't figure out that how I live my life gas nothing to do with them?! I screamed in my head, so I wouldn't wake up my favorite boys.


Surprisingly, Lindsey was very understanding and didn't bitch a single time. Those sessions were going incredibly well for what I could see. I agreed to the request for dinner, cause she was right- if we all were going to be a big family, we needed to get to know each other better. But told my friend that it has to be in my loft (Hunter still isn't good with being in unknown places with strangers) and next month (I had to help Justin out before throwing him to the wolves... sorry, to the munchers).


In the middle of the night I had to call the police to remove the bastard of Michael from the building, cause he couldn't get that I didn't want to see him and kept buzzing me for hours non stop- but then again, what's new about that. It was annoying, but it will help me in the future to get him committed into a madhouse- as I like to call them.


But I am getting ahead of myself, my priority right now was helping Sunshine out with his situation.


Justin:


When I woke up I had a headache that made me wish I was dead, then again I did cry myself to sleep. I never thought that my parents would do something like that... kick me out because I preferred dick over pussy.


Luckily, I had Brian with me. He was truly a gift. He was willing to share his home with me, to let me live with his son. That brought a small smile into my face... the first one since my da- sperm donor kicked me out.


I turned around, my smile getting bigger when I saw the sleeping face of my lover. I blushed slightly, noticing that this was the first time I slept with Brian on the same bed. I laid a short kiss on his lips, almost giggling when he sleepily tried to chase my lips for another one.


He is so adorable! I squealed in my head, to not wake him up.


Then I left the room, quietly, and headed towards Hunter's bedroom. I shook him a bit, carefully of course, to wake him up. Hoping he wouldn't make too much noise, I wanted to surprise his dad with a 'thank you' breakfast.


"Justy!" he exclaimed, giggling when I hushed him, but lowering his voice anyways. He is such a good boy "You stayed! Does that mean that you'll live with us? That this is your home now?!" my heart ached at how much this boy loved me, so much that he is so happy at the idea of living with me "Yay!" he celebrated when I nodded my head.


He was so cute that I couldn't bring myself to scold him for creasing his tone of voice again. I sighed, relived when I saw that Brian hadn't woken up at how loud Hunter had been.


Hunter was the perfect assistant in the kitchen, he also loved learning about cooking. Another thing for me to teach him... and I love teaching him new stuff.


The surprised face of Brian and the smile he gave us afterwards were totally worth the effort and time it took to prepare breakfast this morning. He sat in across from me, not before giving me and Hunter- who was sitting next to me- a kiss good morning. Mine, of course, on the lips and Hunter's on the forehead.


"We need to talk, Sunshine. At least, of what is going to be our plan for the future" he finally said, once we sent Hunter to take a shower.


He made me start to worry. Maybe, he didn't mean I could stay with him from now on. Maybe, I misinterpreted things. It would be moving too fast and maybe Brian didn't want that yet. He has a son to think about.


"Moving in, is a sure, there is no question of that. But what about school?" he asked, making all my doubts disappear.


"My da- sperm donor, because no father would do what he did to me. He already paid my whole school year in advance, so there is no worry since I am not a normal junior student" I answered.


"Would you be willing to get emancipated? You have a place to stay, showed intellectual aptitude by being able to graduate one year earlier from high school and have a work that pays you relatively good" he said, shocking me with his plan "This way you can open a bank account, which also your parents would have no access to. Lucky us that I still hadn't paid you yet. Otherwise, your bastard of a father would have taken the money from you"


"You're right..." I replied, shockingly enough not surprised by the realization that my father would have left me with nothing on the street to fend for myself "I will do that... but when I do it I will also want to change my last name. I want nothing to relate me to that... monster!" I spat that last word, as if it was toxic "I will like to take yours"


Those last words escaped my mouth before I could stop them.


What would Brian think of me now?


Brian:


I looked at Sunshine, shock crystal clear on my face. Did he just ask me to take my last name?! On the prophecy, the seventeen years old version of Justin has always been the romantic one. Falling in love with the first man he sleeps with, thinking that our meeting right under that streetlight was destiny, pushing his feeling into me... my twenty-nine years old version wasn't able to give him what he wants. That fairy tale love that ends with a: "And they lived happily ever after".


However, the me now can give him something similar. Since the beginning I have told him that fairy tales aren't true. That our relationship won't have a happily ever after. That we both will have to work hard to get to where we want to be and then work even harder to maintain our happiness. That there would be a lot of fights and, hopefully, reconciliations. This version of me, is weak and would utilize Sunshine's impressive and young heart to get what he wants.


The next words that left my mouth made me feel so guilty that I almost retreated at the last moment, but I didn't cause I would be getting what I wanted: Justin forever by my side.


"Of course, you can take my last name. But you'll have to keep using your old name at your high school and at Ryder's, we wouldn't want to raise suspicion. When Martin names me the head of the New York branch and you go with us there for college, then you would be free to be Justin Kinney" Sunshine stilled, surprised by my rapid agreement.


But then he jumped off his seat, rounded the  table and sat on my lap. Then, he dragged me into the hottest make out session I've ever had- and I had a lot of them. When we finally had to break apart for breathing, Justin didn't get off instead he snuggled against my chest- like a cute kitten.


"What about college? Is that bastard in charge of your university fund?" I continued with our talk, already knowing the answer and internally smirking at how things were going back to how I planned them.


"No, my grandmother from mom's side is in charge of it and Molly's as well" he replied, suddenly perking at a thought that occurred to him "We can talk to her, Bri! We can explain everything and maybe she would be able to understand... maybe she would give me possession of my trust fund!"


"We will do that" I assured him "First of all, we have to emancipate you and then we'll try to convince your grandmother about giving you power over your trust fund. Afterwards, we'll go shopping. It looks like you only retrieved a few things from your old home"


"Yeah, I only had time to pack my school and art possessions and clothes. I have literally nothing to wear, neither casual or formal" he told me "But I can't let you pay for a whole new wardrobe!" he exclaimed, his brain finally processing my words.


"You can and you will" I replied "I want to do this for you, so you'll let me" I ordered him, not leaving place for protesting.


Now things were back to normal, with me in control of things. I thought, relaxed.


Smiling when Hunter rushed towards us, interrupting whatever complain Justin had of me spending money on him, and crawled on my lover's lap.


This is true happiness.