Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Justin:

"He... he's been... cheating all this time?" I gasped, feeling like I could not breath.

I knew it was all too good to be true. He was simply perfectly imperfect, all my dreams come true. He wasn't even pushing me for sex at all... now I knew why. He was getting it from somewhere else. I thought, starting to get depressed. Why? I thought things were great, better than great! If he wanted sex I could have given it to him. I might not be ready... but to keep this happiness, this home I would have tried.

"No, oh baby, no" Emmett's exclamation brought snapped me out of my thoughts "He is no longer like that. I swear to you! Ever since Hunter came into his life he's been a changed man. He promised himself that his son won't ever have to go through seeing a parade of men coming and leaving his loft. The only man he would ever present to his son, with whom he is romantically involved, would be the one he sees a future with"

"Darling, Big Bad never had a relationship before you. He might have the most experience... ever when it comes to sex, but you were his first boyfriend, first date, may I even say first love. All the most important firsts were with you. And I promise you he doesn't want you for sex, of course he would love to bang you- who wouldn't with a killer body like yours. But sex isn't essential right now. He'll wait until you are ready and he won't cheat, I can assure you that" Emmett promised me.

His words made me feel much better, but at the same time horrible. I didn't trust my partner when things started to go south. What kind of boyfriend am I? I decided to make it up to Brian, with preparing the chicken casserole he seems to have liked so much and trying to befriend his son's godfather. Lucky me, the latter was as easy as preparing his favorite dinner. Emmett seems eager, if I may say, to be my friend.

As the conversation passed, I began liking even more the idea of having this colorful queen as my friend. I really hoped all of his friends are this nice.

If only I had known...

Brian:

Liberty Avenue always had me under the spotlight, but this was ridiculous. Everyone, and I mean everyone has kept staring at me since I got here. As if they couldn't believe it. I might have been absent for a while, but not to cause this degree of shock.

"Brian!" called me out Emmy Lou, running towards me- I knew that something was really wrong when he didn't call me, Big Bad like he always does "Brian, I'm so sorry! Someone must have heard my conversation with Baby and now the whole Avenue knows about him and Hunter"

I cursed in Welsh, angry that things got out of control. I should have known that things were going too good to be true.

"So it's true? The Stud of Liberty Avenue is a family man now?!" a faceless twink exclaimed, having overheard our conversation, catching everyone's attention.

They all looked at me, expectantly waiting for me to deny it. So, they could later mock Justin the twink that dared to think he could take their king away. But I was no longer the man that cares about other's opinion, the man that was afraid of commitment. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

"Yes, you heard right. I am now a family man. I have a son and a partner who I am loyal to. This ship has sailed. Sayonara. Adios. Ciao" I told all of them, grabbing Emmett by the arms "If any of you dare to flirt or do anything to my Sunshine, I'll rip you into pieces!" I growled, smirking when I achieved to intimidate them "If I hear that my son or partner was hurt by any of you... well, no one will ever find your body" with that said, I dragged my best friend towards my jeep and drove the hell out.

If I only knew the repercussions my words would have had later on....

Lindsay:

"That Brian did what?!" I exclaimed, not believing what Michael was telling whining me about.

My first reaction was indignation. I am one of Brian's best friends, I should have known about him being in a relationship way before Emmett was informed.

Then fear. If Brian had another son, something that I should have known about because I was going to be his biological son's mother, then where would that leave my child? He or she won't be the center of Brian's attention... and money.

Then shame. I was thinking about my needs and with my pocket. I now, thanks to my sessions, understand that I broke the trust Brian had on me and that's the reason he didn't tell me about the family he already had. It's not that he would have kept it from me forever, just until he could trust me again.

Also, I had already agreed that Brian wouldn't give me us support money, but pay for his or her pre-school, primary school and high school educations. Also, for his or her medical insurance. Me thinking that Brian's son was going to steal from mine, just because there is no blood connection... made me realize how wrong I really was. How hard I hit rock bottom.

If that boy isn't Brian's son, then what will Mel be to the child I'll carry?

Making the decision, I ended the call with Michael- who was still whining about the lies the Avenue was spreading. I dialed Brian's phone and asked if he, his partner and his son could come for dinner one of these days. That I knew it wasn't my business, but I still wanted to meet the family I'll be connected to in the future.

He agreed, but said that dinner will be at his place and next month- because some inconveniences, that he has to deal with, came up. I wanted to know exactly what he meant, but I stopped myself. As I said before, it is not of my business.

When I turned around, once the call was over, I came face to face with my wife. Her huge prideful smile made me see that I have made the right choice.

Screw you, mother. I have learned to be happy, get what I want and have honest relationships. I thought victoriously.