Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Author's Notes: So what did you think of that last chapter? Some are thinking that his devil side is on the loose. That would be too simple don't you think? I'm all about complicated things. That would be too easy lol. To the person that thought there was only one more chapter to go, too much stuff is left to happen. I mean you don't even know what's in store for Maze, and let me tell you it's a doozy. Now let's get another chapter out. Then it'll probably be a few days I gotta write a 40-page essay.

Chapter 5: Outta the Box


Dan Espinoza couldn't believe his eyes for the second time today. Here he stood in a jail cell with the body of one Tom Meyer. Apparently sometime last night he was murdered in his jail cell. They are no signs of forced entry, and if he were to follow the logic of the video tape he just had the pleasure of watching the devil did it.

"Crazy right?" asked Ella Lopez.

"His eyes were burned right out of their sockets; what kind of weapon do you think did it?" he asked.

"Did you see that video? A guy disguised as the devil appeared and touched him, the devil took his soul. I mean I know you have faith. Like they said the eyes are the window to the soul, and I know just as soon as I leave here I'm stopping by the church for a blessing. We should get Lucifer in on this, how's he doing anyway?"

"I don't know, Chloe was taking Trixie to see him this morning, let me see can I get her on the phone." He replied taking his phone out.

*DS*

Chloe Decker wasn't feeling very well. Her night was filled with weird dreams of hell, fire, and Lucifer having two faces. There was so much stuff that she didn't understand, and she was being pulled further and further down. She could barely put on her makeup this morning. It was her day off, and she decided today would be the first day of letting Lucifer know how she felt. She wasn't wearing her standard work clothes, Trixie had picked out a nice floral dress for her, and she was wearing her hair down.

"Come on mom, I'm ready to go to Lucifer's room." Trixie shouted ecstatically.

"Come on monkey, I know you want him to see your bear." She beamed at the bear her daughter had gotten the devil."

She wasn't sure how he was going to act about Trixie being there. She was going to have a talk with him, if she could accept that he was in fact the devil, then he had to realize that the devil being afraid of a small child was irrational. Just then her phone began to ring.

"Monkey his room is right over there, I need to take this call and I'll meet you there."

She watched closely as Trixie ran off happily towards the room before answering her phone.

*DS*

Lucifer is startled awake. He immediately knew that all was right again in his body. He also knew that he's not alone. He could feel a presence in the room with him, and his was almost afraid to open his eyes. He wondered if for once he's not back where he belonged but still out collecting souls or worst still in the room with him.

"Are you asleep Lucifer?" the familiar lisped voice asks.

"Hello small human." He greets her with half lidded eyes.

"Mommy told me that you were hurt, so I got you this bear to make you feel better." She placed the bear under the covers with him.

"Thanks, who are you here with, or did you take advantage of your mother's Uber yet again?"

"My mom brought me, she's very worried about you. She came all dressed up too, she's wearing a dress." She stated like it was the most unbelievable thing ever.

"Really dressed all up to see me, then where is she?" Lucifer asked.

He looked to the door to see if he could catch a glimpse of her. Maybe she was what he needed this fine morning to calm his nerves of all the things devil. He just needed her smiling face, and maybe everything would be okay. He could deal with the devil business later.

"Lucifer, that was Dan he was calling from the jail. Tom Mayer was killed last night, and according to the tapes it was the devil. Care to explain?" she demanded.

"Bollocks." He whined sinking back into the sheets.

*DS*

Dr. Linda Martin didn't know what to make of the situation happening before her eyes. She and Maze were supposed to have lunch, and she met her at her office, but she had been in the bathroom ever since she gotten there. She could tell that something big had happened, but unlike Lucifer you had to be delicate with getting her to talk. That was the reason for the lunch. They would get something to drink, and Maze's problems would just come oozing out. The poor girl had no idea she was in therapy and very good at it. Today didn't seem like it was going to be that case.

"Are you okay?" she asked once she exited the bathroom.

"I've never experienced something like that before. Maybe I'm becoming more human like Lucifer, how do you know if you're going through your womanly woes?" Maze asked innocently.

Linda stared at her friend and for a moment, she was about to ask her hadn't her mother told her about this when she was growing up, but then she remembered that she had no mother because she was created by Lucifer the devil. How could she say this? She could do it, she was a doctor after all.

"Everyone is different Maze, but you've been here five years are you saying you've never experienced your womanly way?"

"Well no of course I have, in fact oh my?" Maze paled rushing back into the bathroom.

Linda stood there trying to figure out what could have possibly made her react that way and then it dawned on her.

"Maze, I'm going to run to the drugstore, you stay right there." She replied as she tapped on the door.

*DS*

Even though she had told Lucifer about the tape, she didn't expect him to get dressed and check himself out of the hospital, but that's exactly what he did. Now he stood in the bullpen staring at the film of the death getting angrier by the minute. Only she knew the truth about who he was, so everyone else thought it was just Lucifer and all his Luciferness. The real thing was who would be the first to say something.

"Dude, I mean all for this method thing you got going, but a time like this is time to turn it off. Do you see what I see? I've been in confessional since this morning, it's the time to get your ducks in a row. The actual devil stole his soul." Ella added.

"I assure you that's not what's happening there! I don't just go around collecting souls, and if I do it wouldn't be looking like well the devil." He shouted.

"I assure you that Lucifer doesn't really realize what he's saying. It's all the stress of everything." Chloe chimes in.

Of course, she understands everything now that she knows the truth about him, but he must realize that some of these things that he says would make people think that he was clearly insane. That would be the next thing she did to prove to him that she was serious about this, she would help him become more human, and they would just work. She would just make a list of the things she had to do, starting with telling Dan she supposed, she could see that he could tell there was something different about them.

"So, is that how the jails work around here detective? Someone can just walk in and do this, and be caught on camera?" Lucifer asked out raged.

Chloe could feel the argument on the tip of her tongue, but all of a sudden, she just got the feeling of happiness and unreal calmness. She looked at Lucifer, and it was right on the tip of her tongue to tell everyone there she loved him, but then it was over and she felt sort of drugged, but she could see the look on everyone else's faces, and she knew they were being affected by something.

Lucifer has already prepared himself for the tongue lashing from Chloe. Being in her very presence was trying his last nerve with such things going on, but he knew the minute she entered the precinct. She was working her magic. Everyone was getting that surreal feeling. Where you just want to take a nap, or you've got that after sex feeling. It was well it was pure bliss.

"Candy, do you know what's going on?" he asked already know the question.

"I came because I was worried about you Lucifer, and after this well you know what it means." She told him cryptically.

He immediately knew the game that his sister was playing, and he was not going to let it happen.

"Excuse us. He told her as he stirred her away from the stoned detectives.

"What in bloody hell are you doing?" he shouted when he got them alone.

"I told you Lucifer I'm here for you. I want to get to know what you have been getting into, and of course you my gift, but I'm here because of what you just saw on that tape!"

"That is part of the reason why I have to get her to see that we can't be together. What was on that tape can very well be the beginning of the end. It's big, I felt as I turned mortal in that hospital bed tonight. The more she is around me the more vulnerable I become, and apparently the longer it takes for it to wear off."

"Dear brother, you are fooling yourself, I know that you are afraid because Chloe was put in your path by our father, but it's you that are making this out to be a bad thing. It's time you told her the truth about you, and that mask you wear."

"I don't wear a mask sister, and I will tell her what I damn well please. I know that you think you're helping and you know that I'm happy to see you, but look at you. Everyone here is well feeling bliss, you need to learn how to contain yourself. I can show you, but first you need to mind your manners." He informed her eyes flaming red.

"Are those supposed to scare me. Luci, we have been getting along so well this past month. I'm here for you because I see what you've become, and I don't like it. Then I see you and Chloe, and I know what you can be with a shove in the right direction, and with certain distractions out of the way."

It was getting harder and harder to follow the situations, that was yet another side effect of his sister's power. She didn't know how she could project things into the atmosphere. He had a sharp retort on his tongue, but he took a moment to think about what she was saying.

"Distractions? My only distractions were Chloe and her world, but you suggested that I get back here. That I somehow belong here so what do you mean by-what have you done? I know you've seen her!"

"I have and she's beautiful. The tribute to me warmed my heart, but she's a part of your past. No worries though, she's about to go on an adventure of her very own."

"No Candy, you can't! Please tell me you didn't."

*DS*

Linda asked her if she wanted her to call Amenadiel and she told her no. When she even brought up the name Lucifer, the look on her face to Linda was worse than when he revealed himself to her. The thought of eating wasn't on either of their minds, but she really did need the food, but it was just hard to take in.

"Has something like this ever happened before? I mean what happens now?" Linda asked her.

"How the hell should I know. I'm new to this type of thing just like you, I mean they are eight of them and not all of them are blue." Maze asked with hope in her heart.

"No, they're not all blue, but that's just because they are either pink, have two lines, or it's written, but they all point to the same conclusion."

"I'm pregnant." Maze gasped.

"What does this mean though?" Linda asked concerned.

"You tell me. So a angel knocks up a demon, I'm thinking apocalypse?"

End Notes: So guess what I went ahead and wrote that paper before getting back to writing this. I apologize for this chapter because I think it comes out as all over the place. I apologize if I offended any religious person for how this chapter ended. I will tell you that there will be no apocalypse and u don't need to worry about an abomination being born. When the baby comes a normal baby promise. So tell me what you think. Be honest. Should I scratch this? I'm still liking it. So if u are following my other Lucifer stories, what do you want to see updated next?