Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Justin:

I hated myself for what I was going to say and how we will have to act, but they pushed us to this limit. As they say: You reap what you sow "They just came out of a legal fight against Ben and Michael, also with the moving and all they don't have a lot of cash laying around. And this time they can't ask you, which means that while you can afford one of the best lawyers... they can't. Also, they are always saying that they used the sperm of people they know because they wanted the child's father to be present in their upbringing. But now with moving to Canada and the fight over JR, they don't look so good. They seem as mothers' who are trying to take away their children from their fathers. You having a bad record or Melanie not wanting you to be the father... well, they can't use that in court. Principally because they both knew what kind of person you were when they chose you as the father, you didn't deceive them or sold them lies about yourself. You are also their friend and part of the same family, if you are such a bad person why would they have chosen you as the father of their child or a member of their family and group of friends? If things get tense or seems to not be going as we have planned, we can always add that little story you told me once about Lindsay asking and taking your sperm while you were drunk. It wasn't consensual, what she did to you, cause you weren't in your right mind to give them a truthful answer" I saw him opening his mouth, angry glare in place "It doesn't mean that you regretted Gus as the outcome or that we really need to mention it, just remember it in case you need it".

 

"If they insist on your... not so stellar past, we can add that since the cancer you have stopped smoking and using drugs. Also, you don't get drunk to the stage you are almost in a alcoholic coma. You drink like a any other person, and sometimes you have a glass or two more than you should. However, I haven't seen you drunk, really drunk, ever since you found out you had cancer. As for the tricks and partying, you never do that when you have Gus over. And now that the loft is sold and Britin is half an hour away from the city I am sure we won't see any tricks home ever again".

 

"Britin?" he asked, confused.

 

And really ,is that everything he heard about what I just said?! I complained in my head.

 

"Yes, Britin. That's how I named our house. I name things, that's my job: Gus, Kinnetik and now Britin. I'm quite giddy to know what's next" I told him, my sunshine smile in place. For a moment, when he smiled back, I was able to forget about the situation we were in. However, reality was a strong thing and soon I remembered to stay serious and talk about things in a responsable, adult way... wow, I never thought I would say that "In the providing aspect, you have a lot of money and own a business that is rising and becoming the best advertising company in the city, very fast if I may add. The loft might have not been the best place to have Gus over, but now that we have this palace there is no one that can say anything against the living accommodations. We will need to furnish it fast and do it before going to court against them" I added, a very manipulative but amazing idea suddenly occurring to me "Knowing the gang I am sure that they didn't notice the changes in your life since the cancer, or how you always put Gus first- then again if Melanie mentions how irresponsible you are, why would she leave her dear son to stay over the night when she 'knew' you would bring a trick to the loft?- , also we shouldn't tell them about Britin..."

 

"Justin!" he cut my rambling off "What are you trying to say?" by the calculative look in his eyes, I knew that he was into me and understood I had a devious plan. One that I didn't like to use, but then again the girls are forcing my hand.

 

"We shouldn't tell them or even hint about how relax, we can be about your past because if they go blind and cocky to the courtroom they will be so shocked by the bomb we throw at them, that they surely won't know how to react in time. Also, we should contact you old security service and ask for the tapes of the camera- you added outside your loft door after the robbery- during the days Gus stayed over, as evidence of your good behavior while having your son over. Because something you did better than them was not to subjugate your son to your problems, they did. I am sure Gus heard them fight a lot of times when they were having problems, or how he was forced into the reality of her parents splitting up and then coming back together without being old enough to understand what was going on, or how Melanie is always talking bad about her son's father while preferring her daughter's dad. Gus doesn't understand that what she thinks about his Daddy that he loves so much, is she letting her problems and emotions cause issues in her son's life. She lets her emotions affect how she behaves towards her children, did you notice how she had been neglecting Gus since JR has been born?" I questioned him.

 

"She is just a baby, she needs more attention" he tried to make excuses for them, not wanting to believe how all of this has slipped past him. How he had failed as a father, he surely must be thinking.

 

It's kind of ironic how the person that's all the time stating that excuses don't count for nothing is now using one, not even for himself! I thought surely amused by the whole situation, if it wasn't so tragic.

 

"It doesn't matter, when Molly was born mom never neglected me or made me feel as I wasn't as important as her" I replied.

 

"Mom is amazing, it doesn't count" he complained, the opening his eyes widely when he noticed what he had just said.

 

"She surely is" I smiled calmly at him, letting him know that there was nothing to worry. That I am not angry or jealous about sharing my mother, and that mom wouldn't mind at all being called 'mom' by the one she considered as a son already. By how he relaxed all of the sudden, he must have surely listened to what I didn't say "As for Melanie never wanting you to be the sperm donor... then she should have fought harder. At the end she was the one who relented, it isn't as if Lindsay had gone behind her back or you forced Lindsay to get pregnant with your child" I said, getting back on track "Also, if she was so against you being in Gus' life why would she have the same arrangement with you that Michael had to fight her in court for".

 

"We have no agreement!" he snapped at me "That's the problem!" this time instead of sounding angry, he just sounded depressed. I wanted to go to his side and cheer him up, but I knew if I tried to do that we would end up having sex- as we always do- and we have to finish this conversation.

 

"You do! Gus stays every other weekend with you, you paid for his day-care and are going to pay for his school, you give them money whenever they ask- that can be considered support- more than it's necessary and Michael and Ben surely will ever do, you pay for his medical bills and he is under your life insurance, something that his mother's never took the time or care to do. All that and they never had to take you to court for. If Michael was such a perfect role model, why did they gave you all those rights without even a fight? That kind of act of faith needs trust, which makes Melanie's complain null".

 

"What if she says that she only did that because Lindsay wanted her to?" Brian asks carefully, but I could see that I was inning him over.

 

"Then she will look as an irresponsible mother who doesn't care enough for her son to let him spends time with such a bad influence" I answered him.

 

"She could reply that she was only letting her son spend time with her father" Brian insisted, as if he wanted to find a mistake that convinces him not to do this.

 

Doesn't he remember who he is talking to? I asked myself in my head. I didn't get 1500 on my SAT for nothing, I might not be a genius but I am very intelligent.

 

"Then she will be contradicting herself with not wanting you to be the father and saying all the time that you gave up your rights to be Gus' father, which means that she is now his Momma. She then will sound unstable, which will be used in our favor. She didn't need a stupid piece of paper to let her know her place in Gus' life. What she never understood is that you would never do something so awful as not letting Gus see her Momma, to your own child" I told him.

 

He was looking at me surprised again, but this time with a pride shining in his eyes. As if he couldn't believe it "Have you ever thought of studying law?" he asked me.

 

"I am" I answered.

 

"What? Since when?!" he demanded to know "And how did you get the money to pay for tuition? Tell me that you aren't doing anything dangerous or reckless!".

 

"Calm down Bri, that will be a story for later. Now we have to finish planning what to do, I will tell you everything afterwards. But you don't have to worry about anything, cause I haven't been doing anything stupid" I calmed him down, when I was sure that he has relaxed I continued "You will also need to add why you decided to fight them now. You will need to use the reckless decisions they are making by moving to Canada so fast. They don't have jobs or a house, Melanie will even have to go back to school to have a decent job. And even then, don't they know that it doesn't matter that being gay isn't a big deal there they still will be discriminated for being American? I really want to know how they plan to maintain themselves?" I looked over Brian expecting him to know the answer, when I saw his guilty expression, it suddenly hit me "Those fucking bitches!" I yelled furiously, surprising both of us, I am never the violent one.

 

But I am fed up of the gang treating Brian so badly, how sick is it that they want him to support them monetarily while they take his son away from him?! The worst thing, and what angers me the most, is that after all the abuse he has been receiving... all his life he thinks he deserves to be treated like that. Because even is he doesn't want to believe it the gang has been abusing his trust and love over and over again. I don't think that they were doing that on purpose, I just think that they never cared enough to see through the façade of Brian Fucking Kinney- the man who cared too much to show it. At least Teddy and Emmet knew the truth now, Teddy himself came the other day and asked me a way to support Brian after what the girls pulled on him. I am sure that they'll take our side over theirs. I just wish Brian snaps out of it and notices that the 'best-friend' places Lindsay and Michael are always bragging about, were replaced by Cynthia and Teddy. Now that Blake is back with Teddy we have an extra member of the family in our side. He might have not been a long time with us, but I knew that they were meant to be, as cheesy as it sounds. For like Brian and I they always end up back together no matter how many times they break up, it just wasn't the right moment when they gave their relationship a try. I just hope this time it is. Also, I need to find a way for Emmet and Drew to get back together. But I need to finish this first.

 

"You didn't only pay for their wedding or help them pay for their actual house, you are also paying for the one in Canada. What else? Did they ask for a car?!" I was being sarcastic, but when he answered me saying that Lindsay asked for one, but he drew the line there I was about to explode. Until another devious idea came into my mind "We can accuse them of not having the needs to support Gus" he snapped his head so fast that I was afraid that it might fall off "Your money isn't only supporting Gus, but the girls as well. You are paying for things that as an adult and responsible mothers, they should have to pay for themselves. But now you are telling me that you are the one paying, a judge will see that as being unfit".

 

"I didn't do those things so I could throw it back to their faces" he stated angrily, no... he used anger to mask his hurt.

 

"Like they do" I said, making him wince "How many times did Debbie, Lindsay or Michael tell you how you owe it to them for things they did in a past. True friends and family doesn't do that Brian" I knew I was pushing it and was taking things too far, but it was as if I were possessed and couldn't stop my mouth from moving "If anything they are the ones that owe it to you now. You paid them back a long time ago, over and over again. If they can do it, why can't you? Also, if you take your money out of the table, how do they expect to move to Canada?"

 

"Justin..." he sighed tiredly, shaking his head slowly.

 

"Justin what?" I replied, finally fed up with the gang's eternal drama "What will you do Brian? Are you going to finally stop being a coward and stand up for yourself and what you want? Or will you just continue suffering for the rest of your life? Because it hurts Bri, it hurts to see the man I love has suffered by those he calls family"

 

Damn it! What have I done?! Things were so good, why did I have to open my stupid big mouth now an ruin it. He'll surely back down from our plans for a long engagement and kick me out of our... his house. I was so absorbed in my depressed thoughts that I didn't notice when Brian started to talk.