Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Justin:


Life was good.


After our little princess was born-six years ago-, I took the next years calmly. Dedicating myself to my family, Rage and the art gallery. The opening was a great success, with great reviews and sold everything on it's thirds year of being open. My name and Brian's was enough to seduce a lot of buyers to a brand new gallery. It made me sad that they came for us an not for the art, but I also happy that I made the careers of some amazing artists easier. The next six years I dedicated myself on searching for new talents to be discovered and helping them out. Soon my gallery was the most famous in the city, and one of the best on the state. My career as an artist was also a big success, nowadays Eva is busy arranging shows with the top galleries in New York for me.


Things have been calmes these last few years, however this one has been quite a mess... 


First I was very busy with my last year studying law and with my internship with Laura, which was coming to an end. She's been trying to make me accept becoming a lawyer on her firm, but I stood my ground and told her that I would only represent Brian and Kinnetik. I was so busy that I had to leave Hunter in charge of the art gallery- the little rascal graduate from Carnegie Mellon with honors from their art department, I turned him into the manager of my gallery when it became too much for me to handle. 


Luckily, for Rage, I only had to overview the shootings- which were also coming to an end. I decided to stop drawing Rage after it's fifth volume, so the cinematic universe of my comic consisted on: one movie and four seasons of a T.V show. Jonas and Even have been insisting on me creating one last one, a semi-short volume that they could turn into a movie- one last goodbye for Rage. I might accept, but not for at least a couple of years more.


Kinnetik became the best ad agency in the country and started accepting offers to represent big accounts INTERNATIOANLLY! Of course, Rage continued being the account he puts first all the time. I lost count of how many award ceremonies I had to accompany Brian to, or how many he won. But the huge smile full of pride, was enough for me to stand the boring ceremonies and the fake conversations... the celebratory sex afterwards was a good motivation, as well.


The kids grew happy and untouched by the evil of teh world, we made sure of that. Gus turned ten this year and Abby was six already. Time flew by without us noticing. They were very good friends with Ethan and Aiden, who were seven by now. Jessica and I joke around about marrying them to each other. Ethan has a big hero crush on Gus, thinking that he was the best, and he already was showing signs of liking the same sex. While Aiden, though of himself as Abby's knight in shinning armour ever since he saved her from a scary spider. Brian and Jackson, on their side, were very overprotective of their children and scolded us every time they catch us touching the topic. It is very funny to mess with them, they look so cute worked out!


The second generation of kids came from, not that surprising, Isak and Even. It seems like Isak has the same carrier gene as me, and got pregnant two years after me. Their sweet boy Kevin was the sweetest baby boy with the most enchanting blue eyes ever, his blond curls made everyone fawn at him. He'll be such a heartbreaker when he grew up. Now he was only three-almost four years old boy, and his parents had nothing to worry about. Evan also fell pregnant, but she was already pregnant when I was carrying Abby for everyone's surprise. A few months later, Jonas received his own little princess: Flora. 


Emmett was devasted when he found out he couldn't carry children, and Blake was no better. My heart broke for them, but was so happy when I received the news that they were accepted by two mothers to adopt their children. You see Blake works with drug addicts, and this year he received two teenager girls who wanted to turn their world around when they found out they were pregnant. However, they didn't want to keep the babies... they couldn't support having them. So, Blake took a chance and it worked out well. Noot only did we have two adoptions this year, but also two weddings- they wanted the kids to be raised in a married family.


Another issue of big commontion was the fact that Abby and Flora were starting primary school. Eva and Jonas were having it easier than us, because their daughter already went to kindergarten. At Brian's insist we taught Abby home, he was too worried that something might happen to her. But she was now six and we couldn't keep her lock inside the house for ever. We were worried that she wouldn't fit in, the daughter of two gay men that never went to school before. 


The fear was only with us, Abby had a blast on her first day at school. She soon made a lot of friends and we were never called because she misbehaved or missed us- the latter broke Brian's heart, after all she was the princess of his heart. She was very popular with boys too, something that didn't settle good with neither Brian nor Aiden. I loved seeing Bri so protective and possessive of his family. But Aiden's reaction was hilarious, it was adorable how jelous the little boy could be. 


Another thing that made the whole family shake was the release of the unmentionable. It seems that he never learns, because he kept on stalking us and trying to be involved with us even knowing about the restriction order. We ended up being able to prove that there was something wrong in his head and were able to have him locked up in a psychiatric hospital. It was kind of scary and something I'll never forget, no matter how much I want to. He kept on repeating that Brian was his and that he is the one he'll always ONLY love, over and over again. That they were meant to be together. He was out of his mind! It took me over a month to bring Brian back from the depth of his mind, a place the unmentionable put him in.


Melanie on her part was a work in progress. At the beginning, everything seemed to be ok. She accepted that she was no longer Gus' mother and that she was in probation with the gang. It took a couple of years, but we were able to forgive her. The gang started treating her as they used to, she was the big sister I recall and Brian and her built a tentative friendship, which was full of banter and silly fights. However, she didn't realize how much she and the bitch of her ex-wife used to rely on Brian's money- not only to raise Gus, but JR as well. Even with Ben's help, she wasn't able to take the same liberties with money as she used to. She had to cut off some things and she didn't like it... not at all.


She began comparing how was Abby being raised in comparison to JR, and started to get jealous. Mel wasn't able to put her daughter in a privilege school like the one the rest of the kids went to, and the new babies will go to. JR didn't have the last season collection of clothes of the best brands. Her daughter wasn't raised in a palace like the one Gus and Abby were living in. 


Mel tried to get Brian to give her some money, he had tons of it so there shouldn't be a problem. She was very angry when Brian refused, stating that JR wasn't his daughter and she had no right to demand that from him. She tried to take him to court, not for that, but for Gus- that way she could milk him for money, and raise JR as she wanted. That made all the animosity of the past back... it was a big fight, one that she lost and caused her to be thrown out of the gang, again


Under Ben's orders she started seeing her psychiatrist again and began getting better. Still, Brian had enough with her and made me choose between her or him. That caused us to have a big fight, that ended up on us sleeping in different bedrooms. I never made him choose between the unmentionable or me. He had no right to do that to me. But at the end, I forgave him cause I knew where it came from. I decided to finally close that chapter of my life, where Mel took part, and move on. I still see her from time to time, after all Hunter works for me and Ben still is part of the family- also, JR has no fault on her mother's mistake, and she is very good friends with Abby.


Now I stand on the Carnegie Mellon's stage, saying my speech as valedictorian. The whole gang there, cheering for me when I took my diploma. But all along, I could only think of ways to tell Brian... to tell my husband, that soon we'll be welcoming a new member to our marvelous family.


Yeah... life was good.